It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now: Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I think you are right to be honest.
I made a thread suggesting peaceful protest here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

about 2 people replied.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The scene would most likely play off like this..

came home from a great night friday going to bed and at 4 am you hear a crash. the door has been hammered in.. about 20 federal agents outside on the lawn all around the house and the rest are running in up the stairs to find you and ask you for your guns while they point their guns in your face.

true without registration they will have no idea what kind and how many guns u really own so u could pass them an ar 15 and some shells while u have about 20 more hidden somewhere.. but

i think they will have to get registration thru to be anywhere near successful with gun raids because of this and they know it. so id be looking out for that registration push.. it is the knight positioning to put your queen in a position to sacrifice herself to save the king.. inevitably!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Try guns, helicopters, jets and everything else.
How's that been working out for them in Afghanistan and Iraq? Let them try it on their home field where they have to kill their own family members and friends. We'll see who is obedient to the government then.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

They kill innocents over there because they are told they are protecting democracy. You think some won't do the same on home turf? You need to wake up.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

They kill innocents over there because they are told they are protecting democracy. You think some won't do the same on home turf? You need to wake up.
Yes I do believe that many of them will not do it, especially when their very own friends and family are threatened.

Do you have any friends who are police? If they ever pull you over, more than likely you will get away with whatever you did to for them to pull you over. Why? Because you are their friend or family member.

Also, the Sheriff of our county has already said that he WILL NOT be taking anyone's guns. So, you have city officials already against the government. There are many state governments who are opposed to the gun ban as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Yes I do believe that many of them will not do it, especially when their very own friends and family are threatened.

Do you have any friends who are police? If they ever pull you over, more than likely you will get away with whatever you did to for them to pull you over. Why? Because you are their friend or family member.

Also, the Sheriff of our county has already said that he WILL NOT be taking anyone's guns. So, you have city officials already against the government. There are many state governments who are opposed to the gun ban as well.

I know what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent. However, with the threat of jail, loss of job, threats against family, wouldn't you turn on your neighbor? A good case study for this is the Jewish Ghetto Police.

Sorry, I didn't respond to this.
I would be more interested in what they DO if they are ordered to actually do it. Not what they say before the fact.
edit on 11-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

I know what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent. However, with the threat of jail, loss of job, threats against family, wouldn't you turn on your neighbor? A good case study for this is the Jewish Ghetto Police.

The other side of the coin is whats been happening in america for a long time already. Someone gets shot on a busy city street and when the police get there and question the hundreds bystanders, nobody saw anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

You're right... the vast majority of gun owners will line up to turn them in, and that is fine. But what about the 5% or so that does not? That is a force that greatly outnumbers all law enforcement and military combined. Just because all of the other countries went out like a bunch of slave cowards when ordered to turn the guns in doesn't mean that America will.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

the same discussion is going on in another thread, but the op was obviously trying to have a serious discussion.
and not trolling out. anyway this is my thoughts on the matter. it sucks we have to have these disscusions, i hope for only peace and diplomatic solutions.

we dont have these things and the powers that be have all these things. and have had these things for years. so long in fact that men and women that have been a part of the goverment war machine have left the war machine and now live amongst us. whomever joins the fight against the tptb would do well to seek out the elders that have known there enemy because they once were the enemy before they were the enemy. And if our recent past wars are any indication of how some veterans feel of the war machine there will be ones that seek out the rebels and defend the people at all costs, and what hacker doesn't want to fight the man, tech-men will be found in the search by civilian leaders and recruited. who doesn't love home field advantage, if a civil war broke out rebels vs feds most likely all deployed to a rebel zone will be attacking a group of locals who know there land and there back roads and general local knowledge of which will serve them well. and i believe that American feds will not napalm or destroy there own resources to kill a few natives, they will be forced into a ground war which will take away from the feds there superior mass destruction weapons. and as the feds kill civilians more will join the cause, when they watch there brothers and sisters die. death only warrants more death. and finnaley what contending super power is not waiting for when the federal american goverment is busy with and internal war. they will strike when america is preoccupied and may even side with the rebels just as america has sided with the rebels in times of late. if the feds turn on the people they will not have an easy confrontation, and it may even lead to there own demise. edit on 11-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given) and not to mention local leaders will know were to take out federal infrastructures and then there is always mercenary's foreign or local. i think you dont give civilians much credit

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

You're right... the vast majority of gun owners will line up to turn them in, and that is fine. But what about the 5% or so that does not? That is a force that greatly outnumbers all law enforcement and military combined. Just because all of the other countries went out like a bunch of slave cowards when ordered to turn the guns in doesn't mean that America will.

You're forgetting about the middle east. When the uprisings were happening there (and continue) sure people fought, but, governments fought back with more casualties on the other side than the government side. Plus, it destroyed their cities, their morale, etc.
Would you welcome Chinese, Russian, Canadian troops into your country to help quell this? They would be on the same side as the government. The people do not run the UN, countries do.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yes a few people will turn in their guns when 20 armed federal agents show up outside their house but.......... the can't be at every gun owners house with 20+ people at the same time so.............

1. When other gun owners start hearing of these reports they will band together making them a harder and resistant target.
2. The majority of military here in America would not turn on their own friends and family that believe in the constitution.
3. The feds will back down and if not it will lead to a civil war, which will honestly be a losing fight for the feds because the ones who support them are to scared of guns themselves. Also a lot who support the 2nd but are not gun owners will pick up guns to support the gun owners.

At least that's the scenario I see played out. I mean a lot of these federal agents and military personnel are average Americans also and will eventually realize what they are doing is wrong in the face of a conflict. It wouldn't really be a civil war in my opinion it would be war on the government.

The argument about how great of weapons the government has is a ridiculous point. It is not like they can use bombs and tanks and what not against millions of Americans at the same time and if they did they would lose all support in their cause and have even more opposition.

That is the reason they will never "take" guns. They may pass a ban on assault weapons and yeah nobody will pick up a gun to fight the government for that, they will fight it the legal way as they have done before.

Seriously though there is NO WAY they could take weapons and expect to be the winners.
edit on 1/11/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

You're forgetting about the middle east. When the uprisings were happening there (and continue) sure people fought, but, governments fought back with more casualties on the other side than the government side. Plus, it destroyed their cities, their morale, etc.
Would you welcome Chinese, Russian, Canadian troops into your country to help quell this? They would be on the same side as the government. The people do not run the UN, countries do.

Besides Russia and China do you think those other countries even have enough military personnel to fight? I mean seriously we have more guns in public hand than the size of their populations.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

It doesn't matter, the UN is the UN. If they enter, and if it is like what a previous poster said (5% don't give back their guns) it will be a cakewalk.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The American public wouldn't be outraged that millions of American's were just "cakewalked" over? I imagine the number of gun owners resisting would be higher, starts with 5% and gives the others courage to resist and join them.

I've entertained this idea enough, this thread its just pointless. It is not ever gonna happen and if it did gun owners would not be on the losing side.

See you guys later.

Oh and I just wanna answer your question that I saw the other day. The reason a lot of American's ask others to stay out of it is that you guys just don't understand how our patriotism and culture is(you may think you do but obviously you do not with the views reflected here). Building a nuclear bomb has nothing to do with citizens rights.

edit on 1/11/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

The American public wouldn't be outraged that millions of American's were just "cakewalked" over? I imagine the number of gun owners resisting would be higher, starts with 5% and gives the others courage to resist and join them.

No, they probably would be outraged, however, handing in all of their guns, what are they going to do to help the 5% that didn't?

I've entertained this idea enough, this thread its just pointless. It is not ever gonna happen and if it did gun owners would not be on the losing side. See you guys later.

You'll be back, they always come back when they say they aren't. This is said either because you are getting too frustrated, or you have no legitimate argument.

Oh and I just wanna answer your question that I saw the other day. The reason a lot of American's ask others to stay out of it is that you guys just don't understand how our patriotism and culture is(you may think you do but obviously you do not with the views reflected here). Building a nuclear bomb has nothing to do with citizens rights.

If we don't understand your patriotism and culture (not likely and really has nothing to do with this thread) then please explain it to us stupid folk.
I never said a nuclear bomb had anything to do with citizens rights sport. You might want to actually read the thread instead of lumping yourself in with the willfully ignorant on that thread

PS- Adding me as a "respected foe" is actually a really good compliment on here! I would rather be a respected foe, than anyones friend.
So, thank you!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No, they probably would be outraged, however, handing in all of their guns, what are they going to do to help the 5% that didn't?

I'll answer with a question. Do you know anything about the underground railroad?

Do you know where the electric comes from here in the US?

We the people.

Do you know where the fuel comes from here in the US?

We the people

I could go on and on but how long do you think an out of control government would last without "We The People"?

I would like to recomend a book to you. The Kingdom of Kanawha: An Allegory for America by Lawrence Wheeler.

" THE KINGDOM OF KANAWHA is a masterpiece of political satire, & fulfills its subtitle of "An Allegory for America." The setting is West Virginia, & the time is the late 1990s. The author, a new Englander, praises West Virginians as being survivors of a hard life, & as close to the spirit of the original settlers of the United States as anyone now left in the country. The back cover of the book ends by stating, "If you are not a politician, lawyer, bureaucrat, big banker, Japanese, or the IRS, you will love this book. If you are not a West Virginian, you may wish you were."

books.google.com...

The price for the book is high because it's no longer in print.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

Who owns all those businesses that "we the people" operate and work at?

What are "we the people" going to do if they don't work?

I could go on and on as well.

If you are starving, have a family to look after, being threatened, etc., you do all you could to support/protect your family. I believe I cited the Jewish Ghetto Police. Read about it and think about why someone would go against their own people.

Edit: The government would immediately take over necessary industries if people abandoned ship. They would have no problem filling the positions with people in exchange for food, clothing, passes for family, lodging, etc.

edit on 11-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
What the OP doesn't understand is there is already organized militias. I know for a fact there is a militia (very secret group) in West Virginia and some of those members exist in our military. There are many here in the US that are ready to fight for our Constitutional rights.

Pladuim

the op does understand this. I just simply think that when the time comes you wont go through with it, thats just my opinion.arrogance has always been your enemy,do you not think that the government has not planned for this, does not have contingencies in place to deal with your insurgency groups. you really think your groups are secrets,lol.
guess what think again pal.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Im calling it now too: right back at cha....
Total untruths by a non-American living Im sure in a restrictive country and enviroment, who has no clue as to what it means to have freedom and unalienable rights as Americans. Dont know about the OP's home country, principality, island nation or what....but we have whats called....a "CONSTITUTION".

Sitting home watching the world move around on the internet....doesnt qualify the OP to make zero-truth opinions on America. Our government has to run separately 24-7 365 days a year after year after decades etc...WITHOUT the President, an elected-term leader. Presidents have even been denied top secret info before because they didnt have sufficient "need to know' and are only in office for a relatively shortl time frame...whereas the government has to run long term and be self-sustaining no matter who the President is. America is long-term...not a President.

Sure...as the OP says....the government can come....but what theyll find is 10 million or so barrels held by young and old, little old ladies, my neighbors, pastor, teachers, policeman and everyone else who has legally operated under our freedoms and the 2nd Amendment....pointed back at them. Perhaps the OP is jealous?
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: edited for common courtesy

you can get as mad as you like, but my opinion still stands you will fall inline with what ever restrictions are placed on you in the near future. no one will go to war, no one will write songs about you.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
The scene would most likely play off like this..

came home from a great night friday going to bed and at 4 am you hear a crash. the door has been hammered in.. about 20 federal agents outside on the lawn all around the house and the rest are running in up the stairs to find you and ask you for your guns while they point their guns in your face.

true without registration they will have no idea what kind and how many guns u really own so u could pass them an ar 15 and some shells while u have about 20 more hidden somewhere.. but

i think they will have to get registration thru to be anywhere near successful with gun raids because of this and they know it. so id be looking out for that registration push.. it is the knight positioning to put your queen in a position to sacrifice herself to save the king.. inevitably!

How about this scenario. amnesty for all weapons gets put on the table. possession,sale and trade of all weapons deemed as illegal after this date will incur severe penalty's including jail time. so if your caught in a raid with excess weapons after an amnesty date you get busted for weapons trafficking or terrorism under the patriot act.
Orange has never been a favorite color of mine!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join