It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminems Video The most powerful attack on the Bush Admin since "Fahrenheit 9/11 (from ATSNN)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanita
Yes, I have to say this, he is sexy..

Yarrrgh. *shudder*

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Since when has it been legitimate.. hell for that matter legal???

Ever since people actually decided to look at the FACTS, and not what their bias tells them.

So its safe to assume it is only as legal as a organized 1 man party regardless of what people vote..

We can agree no matter of everyone votes for moby dick, bush will already win...

But then again, according to most.. its all legal and legit..

[edit on 28-10-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
although I don't quite like the guy, I have to say his political views and stances, is much well deserved kudos. HOORAY! Tell Bush Take that in his perfum!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Eminem is listened to by ... who ??
Kids under 18. Perhaps some college age kids.
When they get older their tastes in 'art' will change.
He won't sway votes. He won't have an impact.
I'm glad he enjoys his chosen profession in life.
But he's of no importance in politics.

You underestimate how many listen to him, and how much those that do believe what he says.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cs2112
Emamiem, being the hugely respected world statesman that he has become, will no doubt have even rush limbaugh switching his vote to kerry.
Get a grip people, most of his fan base cant even vote (children, felons, the insane) he will have as much impact on the outcome as me- 1 vote!
Anybody whos vote is swayed by Emineim has no buissines voting.
one more reason to raise voting age to 21.

You come off as a grumpy old man who is upset by these d**ned kids and their loud rap music

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
the higher your raise the voting age the less free the people.
do you want to raise the enlistment age to 21 as well? how about the age when people are no longer minors.

by limiting the age of who can vote you create two classes of citizens. i mean imagine if only 35 or older could vote? (i think 18 is young enough however). Imagine if they raised the ages of people who could be in congress? less changoever of party and politicians = more static government = more power for those in power. It would be the equivalent of taking showers every week instead of everyday. Older voters are no more informed than their younger counterparts, simply influenced by different tv ads. (hopefully that will change someday).

I think ems video is part of a trend of dissatisfaction of the older voters mud slinging partisan politics.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by al bo0m
i personally think this song sucks...

and im an avid eminem fan..(im 28)

but this is just retarded..

i made a post on these forums last week about a song called bin laden from immortal technique that says way more then this cheesy attempt at selling records..

but of course my thread got closed ..because noone ever heard of immortal technique..

but if anyone should know who he is it the people at this forums...i swear he gets all his ideas from here anyway..

I have Immortal Technique Revolutionary Vol. 2 and it is by far the best "political" issue-oriented rap that i've ever heard. It puts all mainstream rap to shame. I'm sure just about every member at ATS would like the album.

- Attero

Oh yea, and here's some lyrics

Artist: Immortal Technique
Album: Revolutionary Volume 2
Song: Cause of Death

'Cuz the United States sponsored the rise of the 3rd Reich
Just like the CIA trained terrorists to the fight
Build bombs and sneak box cutters onto a flight
When I was a child, the Devil himself bought me a mic
But I refused the offer, 'cuz God sent me to strike
With skills unused like fallopian tubes on a dyke
My words'll expose George Bush and Bin Laden
As two separate parts of the same seven headed dragon
And you can't fathom the truth, so you don't hear me
You think illuminati's just a f***** conspiracy theory?
That's why Conservative racists are all runnin' s***
And your phone is tapped by the Federal Government
So I'm jammin' frequencies in ya brain when you speak to me
Technique will rip a rapper to pieces indecently
Pack weapons illegally, because I'm never hesitant
Sniper scoping a commission controllin the president

Interested in more?
www.ohhla.com...

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I will agree that nobody listens to Eminem over 18. Thje only people that do listen over 18 listen to the songs he did when they were still in high school

Excuse me...I am WELL over 18..and I have many friends, WELL over 18 that listen to him. I do not "get high" not drink thank you very much! As I stated in my earlier post....the kid has something to say that should be listened to...not all of it of course, I am not much for cussing to a beat either...but the kid speaks his mind and says what he thinks and it my surprise you.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Why is it that people think rap music is something that you will grow out off.

I personally love rap music, its been growing more and more everyyear with new artist coming up like G-Unit with Lloyd Banks & Young Buck, I have both of thier cd's and they are both excellent.

It has took awhile for rap to be accepted to people, but apparently some of the people here think that it makes kids go kill people or do drugs, Rap is good music, whenever you throw in Em or D-12, or 50, or G-Unit, etc your gonna nod your head because it always has a good beat to it. and lyrics keep getting smarter and have more to do with whats actually going on in the world.

and dont stereotype rap music, like: all the sing about it money, bitches, killing people, ect.
ANY music out there you could do that to.
Rap music has matured, and is here to stay, so for all the people that think it promotes violence and its bad and kids shoudln't listen to it, get over it, because it ain't going nowhere.

I have all of Em's albums, and I will buy Encore when it drops.

BTW, odd video, also it was the first time Lloyd Banks has been in one of his videos. But I love the sone, dispite that fact that i'm gonna vote for Bush (again).

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow, such courage for him to run out and kick Dubya in the shin in a country where the only repercussions for doing so are increased album sales and a closer connection to the eternally-disaffected teenagers of the world.

Now if he had the cojones to bag on Kim Jong-Il, Hu Jintao, Vladimir Putin or even Jacques Chirac -- let alone maybe some bad guys like, oh, say, Al Qaeda, I might be able to recognize, represent and respect.

But I won't hold my brizeath. He's just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

Yo werd peace out homeboyeeeeeezzz....

[edit on 10/29/2004 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just a few quick points I would like to make...

1) I could really care less which artist, actor, etc. is advocating or protesting which candidate. What I think is important here is that these role models (like it or not they ARE role models) are getting people interested in this election and getting people out there to vote. This election WILL be important and everyone's voice must be heard!!!

2) How can you criticize someone (Eminem, Bruce, whomever) for using a public forum to voice their opinion, then come on ATS, which is also a public forum, and think its OK to voice YOUR opinion??? Everyone has the right to say what they like. Some just have more access than others.

3) What ever happened to the days of who you were voting for being a private thing? Isn't that why we vote in booths? I know who I'm voting for, and frankly its nobody else's business. This whole thing of telling everyone who you are voting for seems odd to me.

4) Seeing how strongly everyone seems to be advocating their candidate of choice, it seems to me that no matter who wins this election, the nation will be split and the losers, for lack of a better word, will be mighty POed. That in itself scares me A LOT. I'm not looking forward to these upcoming months at all.

I think all possible results of this election will yield bad results, and we as a people must stick together because we will be all we will have. Its like a family going through a divorce. When the parents (the candidates) are slinging arrows back and forth at each other they tend to forget about the children (the people). If the kids don't stick together and share their love for one another, they are left alone.

I don't know. Just a thought or two.... PEACE!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Eminem is listened to by ... who ??
Kids under 18. Perhaps some college age kids.
When they get older their tastes in 'art' will change.
He won't sway votes. He won't have an impact.
I'm glad he enjoys his chosen profession in life.
But he's of no importance in politics.

I know plenty of adults of all ages that enjoy Eminem because of his talent AND his message.
I feel ALL citizen's with genuine concern for the well-being of our country are of great importance to politics.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Democrats are like a damsel in distress, always holding out for a Hollywood style hero to save them.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think this new Eminem song and video are great. It is so rare that an artist in the mainstream puts out something political and meaningful. Yes, it is fair when some say Eminem can't be compaired to artists such as Dead Prez and Immortal Technique who so bluntly speak the truth. At the same time those artists have chosen not to advertise their music in mainstream media like Eminem has. They wouldn't be able to if they wanted to because of the tragic censorship in America. Therefore Eminem reaches out to far more people so what he has to say is a lot more important.
He has definately had an influence on me for the past 6 years I have been his fan. I wouldn't be a fan of hip hop if it wasn't for him popularizing it.
For those who say he has no influence on politics.. They�re wrong.. Most young people in the past haven't seemed to care about politics so didn't bother to vote. Once an artist like Eminem puts a song like this out, it catches the youths attention and that makes a BIG difference; it influences, causes awareness, and develops an interest in political issues and a lot more voting amongst young adults takes place.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I saw eminem on SNL tonight, I cant belive he punked out on what he believes...

the part where he goes "F*ck Bush" he added "Vote Bush"

what the hell is that, he is contradicting himself, and he didnt do the last part of the song....

you either have beliefs and stick with them or you are a sell out like metallica...

"go ahead copy our concerts and hand them out"
turns around and sues napster..

as you see people are mislead into many things, I guess this is a good example..

advice for people..

find things out on your own, chances are is some people are a sell out in some way which will sway you into something that really isnt worth time to listen to...

If it was me up there, I would have stuck with my conviction on whatever I believe, I dont think you should change something cause people dont like it...

ALA Jim Morrison on Ed Sullivan Show

They wanted him to change "Light my fire" to something else other than

"Know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn�t get much higher"

They wanted him to lose the word higher to something else.. and he didnt... That is conviction to your believes.. not make a sound and change it according to what people want you to say.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
ThichHeaded - SNL is on cable, so it has to be edited, but i do find it wierd that he inserted "Vote bush" when we all from songs like "we are Americans" and "Mosh" that he hates bush.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
SNL = Saturday Night Live

I watched it live as they state.. on NBC, I dont have cable, I dont give into paying money for more channels that i wont watch anyway, however i am thining of getting it for the election and month after.. considering something might happen...

anyway ya i find it extremely odd also..

he either likes or hates bush, make up your damn mind already...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If you want politically charged rap, listen to www.artofrhyme.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.artofrhyme.com...

This has more passion and brings up some great points. Of course nothing is new.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ha! he always has to make a controversial song for his first few singles, dissing people his pathetic. And powerful?

[edit on 1-11-2004 by kiMMii]

[edit on 1-11-2004 by kiMMii]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well lets see if this video had any impact, ehh???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join