It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminems Video The most powerful attack on the Bush Admin since "Fahrenheit 9/11 (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Emamiem, being the hugely respected world statesman that he has become, will no doubt have even rush limbaugh switching his vote to kerry.
Get a grip people, most of his fan base cant even vote (children, felons, the insane) he will have as much impact on the outcome as me- 1 vote!
Anybody whos vote is swayed by Emineim has no buissines voting.
one more reason to raise voting age to 21.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cs2112
Emamiem, being the hugely respected world statesman that he has become, will no doubt have even rush limbaugh switching his vote to kerry.
Get a grip people, most of his fan base cant even vote (children, felons, the insane) he will have as much impact on the outcome as me- 1 vote!

Felons and insane, my kind of man...and for sure...he got a bigger impact on the public than you.

Anybody whos vote is swayed by Bush has no business voting

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Impact is impact, and he has it no matter how much peopel want to take shots at him. As for upping the voting age, if that happens then the age at which us guys have to sign up with the Selective Service should be upped as well to 21, would be rather rude to be able to be drafted to war before we could weigh in on those who run our lives.

I don't get why people are so pizzed that Eminem is out there saying his peace; is it because hes not licking Frau Bush's jackboots? or did something he say hit a cord of sick truth inbetween references to MJ's lewd conduct? If ya don't like his message, change the channel, turn off the radio, or whatever you feel like. Personally I say
to him for having the cojones to put it out on the chopping block by speaking out/up.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Actually i know a few 40+ year olds that enjoy his music

I know at least one 40+ Eminem's fan too. The guy's educated, intelligent and a family man.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey my dad is over 60 and he likes Eminem. Im not surprised though because he was alway into the counter-culture. BTW The reason people dislike even hate him is because he actually talks about important issues in some of his song(ok I agree that some of his other songs go waaay overboard namely Kim I listened to it once and deleted immediately because it just made me angry). People who say only Kids and Criminals listen to him don't know a thing about Rap. Eminems style is Shock-Rap(like shock-rock ala Marilyn Manson) it ain't Gansta Rap(mostly). He is in my opinion one of the lyrical geniusus of our time, I would put him up there with Elvis, the Beatles, 2-Pac, Led Zepplin etc. Hes just that good. If you don't like his music read his lyrics same difference, same message.

Here is a link to my fave Eminem song White America(lyrics)
www.lyricsstyle.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Anybody whos vote is swayed by Eminem has no business voting, Anybody whos vote is swayed by Bush has no business voting. BEST COMEBACK EVER LOL!!

At least Eminem words are based on fact- he's not the pied piper of America. I would like to think that those who can vote have the brainpower not to be swayed by popular music however that does not mean they should not take ALL sources into account before making the decision they feel could benefit mankind better with and that includes Eminems lyrics- just cos its a song too dont make it irrelavent.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am not critisizing you for liking enemin as a source of entertainment, each to their own. What I find very disturbing is the fact that someone who obiously has no repect for the law and authority could influence someones vote in a civilised country. I am a huge fan of the ROLLING STONES, however , mick jaggers political opinions mean nothing to me whatsoever.I pay to hear great music not the rantings of some out of touch entertainer.
One thing I do find very strange though is how the left wing with their obsession with tolorance and diversity would openly embrace a self proclaimed homophobe and avdacate of violence against women.
Very strange...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
To be honest, its your right to vote and at the end of the day its down to you to make up your mind. Not a rapper. If a rapper can help you vote, then you might aswell give your vote to Eminem or whoever and not vote yourself.

*typo*

[edit on 27-10-2004 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
To be honest, its your right to vote and at the end of the day its down to you to make up your mind. Not a rapper. If a rapper can help you vote, then you might aswell give your vote to Eminem or whoever and not vote yourself.

*typo*

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

*typo*

Agitators should just "Shut up!"

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Democrats are like a damsel in distress, always holding out for a Hollywood style hero to save them. They are swayed by people who get paid to sing pop/rap songs, they are swayed by Hollywood stars with double digit IQs who never have an original thought -all their utterings are either written by a publicist or a scriptwriter. WAIT! They must have insight after all why do they get paid so much - ask the Olsen Twins. I guess thats why Democrats love Kerry he has money, married into it, ergo he must be brilliant.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
inteligent life does exist on ATS!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I grew up in NY during the rise of the NY Punk scene & Rap scene, so even though I'm an adult with the academic & professional "pedigree", one does not ever lose the music of their teens. I see The Clash in Green Day. I see a sliver of KRS-1 in Eminem.
Unless regular viewing of PBS, C-Span or BBC Nightly News in on ones media diet, there is a strongly stage managed perception of Bush pushed through the media.
"Mosh" and all the Revolution Songs from Zack De Laroca, Paris, Green Day, System of a Down, NoFX, John Foggerty et al, set the perspective from the street & front porch to counter what we're force fed.
It's all less about the vote than it is to get the perspectives out there that no, CNN/Fox/MSNBC don't speak for America or even come close to reporting for us.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Prehaps one of ATS,s more liberal members could explain to me why the left has alligned itself with a homophobe and spouse beater. surly that must go against all your ideologies, or maybe it is in solidarity for KERRY,who after all could not be bothered to show up and vote for a bill to protect women.
we flip, we flop,we flip,we flop,we...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm 27 and I listen to Eminem. If I was American, I wouldn't be voting for bush. This has nothing to do with Eminem. Most of us Canadians hate Bush.

Quote from CS2112

Yeah well, anyone with -920 ATS points has no business posting, IMO.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Prehaps one of ATS,s more liberal members could explain to me why the left has alligned itself with a homophobe and spouse beater. surly that must go against all your ideologies, or maybe it is in solidarity for KERRY,who after all could not be bothered to show up and vote for a bill to protect women.

Perhaps you could explain to me why you and around 40,000 other posters have alliegned yourself with the foolish notion that because a famous person is anti-bush, they have the support of "the left," and "the left" supports all opinions of the person, simply because they both have a common enemy.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As far as looks AND what you like to listen to, I definately agree - To each their own.
I'm almost 3 decades old and I love his music and was so glad to see the others older than I remarking on how age is insignificant to your personal taste in music. My favorite song is still a John Lennon song (Imagine) and have a pretty wide variety of music I like to listen to for either the words or the melody. What ever strikes my chord.
I say this: Give the lyrics to s/one that doesn't know any Eminem songs (at least the lyrical part) and see what they think. My dad HATES just about everything from the 80's up except some country and I gave him the words to Metallica's "One"....I could've sworn he looked a little teary eyed. A very opinionated man was left speechless. So I'm also going to try this w/ the "Mosh" song.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Prehaps one of ATS,s more liberal members could explain to me why the left has alligned itself with a homophobe and spouse beater.

Um, they didnt, Im sure the "left" knew nothing about the writing and making of this video.

Stop being silly.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ditto. I'm Canadian too, and my housemate (who DJs at a local club) introduced me to Eminem. I'll try anything musically, and I find the music catchy.

As for that song... if Eminem had written something about Kerry flip-flopping or Bush being right, you can bet that the Republicans on this board wouldn't be talking about lack of impact or under-18 constituency. They'd be celebrating.

It's all politics.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am amazed at some people some of the time. There are people out there that just HATE. No matter what you talk about, no matter what it see, there is going to be that one person that has something bad to say. And its the same person each time.

I want to tell a story about hate and the anger of peoples hearts. Its true and it happen yesterday.

We have a doorman in our building, One of the nice guys, super nice. He is around 40-50, he is married, not sure if he has kids, he is black. He is the 3:00-11:00 doorman. So he is seen by most of the people that live here. It a big building 28 floors, 6 units per floor. Also he has a Black and white camra on him, that everyone in the build can watch at anythime.

Ron the doorman does his job all the time, without problem. Most the time he ends up babysitting the people of the building.

He got a death threat last night, who every it was, left the letter in the hall, and put on it ," Ronnie the doorman".

So I come down stairs to see whats up with him. He says o-nothing, I go out, come back in, and another owner was at his desk, asked me I wanted to read Ron letter, I said sure, I taught to was a Love letter, secret admirer or something, I read the first line And my mouth dropped. I couldnt believe the things it said. Two whole pages of Spewing HATE. I was going toget a copy and put it on here, But I couldnt, because it would be cut up you would be able to follow.

All I could do was to shake my head in shame, shame because I forgot people could be so, so mean. He knows who did it, No proof, but he knows, A black lady, that always tries to borrow money from him, and tries to get his News paper.

As sad as it is, I wish, I just want people to love each other for them, not because you want something, or they play good music, Because the are good at sports, Money is the root of all evil, With money bring hate and envy. See every person as part of the team, The team of life. Be your brother keeper.

Is it so hard to be nice?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join