It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminems Video The most powerful attack on the Bush Admin since "Fahrenheit 9/11 (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
(submission) (news) Eminems New Video," the most powerful broadside against the administration since "Fahrenheit 9/11"
Well, for everyone who thinks Marshall mathers is another one of them crach addicts who got rich for rapping, this is a clear cut example on why he is as good as he is...

Direct link to MP3
www.eminem-encore.net...
Direct link to Video
www.prisonplanet.com...

www.prisonplanet.com
If anything Marshall Mathers is a master of reinvention. When he first broke into the rap game he was regarded by many purists as one step up from Robert Van Winkle. But his rapid-fire skills, lyrical creativity and enigmatic personality quickly earned him the props of rap�s hardest critics, and the adoration of tens of millions of fans from the mall to the avenue.

This was a man with a story to tell.

He�s sold millions of albums, had best-selling books, even had a critically-acclaimed starring role in an autobiographical film. Along the way, he�s been accused of being everything from a wife-beater, to a sexist, to a racist, to a traitor.

Now on the eve of the most contentious American presidential election in recent history, Eminem is making another bold statement with his song �Mosh,� and its sure to be controversial new music video produced and directed by GNN�s own, Ian Inaba. The video is premiering today here on GNN.tv [see it here].

This is not Eminem�s first political statement. In 2002, GNN�s Stephen Marshall directed the music video for �White America.� The second song on his last album, The Eminem Show, the rapper dealt with race, violence and a corrupt president in his typically provocative manner. The animated GNN video featured, among other images, Eminem urinating on the White House lawn in full view of a puppet president dancing on oil drums, and bloodied teenagers unzipping themselves out of bodybags [See the uncensored version here]. The media maelstrom hit hard and quick. MTV refused to play it, while local news outlets ran stories calling Eminem dangerous. CNN devoted a segment of its show Talkback Live to the complaints of a Columbine victim�s parent who tragically misinterpreted the video as glorifying the school shooters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This shouldnt be to shocking to anyone, but Marshall Mathers is an interesting guy I think, he is I think a walking history lesson for future people.

Yes for people who dont like looking at history books, he is good on history since he came into the light..

He has talked about clinton getting head in the white house, Sandra Leevi(sp?) dissapearance, and the Columine incident, which defended Marilyn Manson who was on attack for them kids shooting up that school, which in fact they never listened to his music...

Anyway I havent seen the video yet, the music is quite interesting to listen to from what i got from the MP3,

I think we need more people like this in Music/Media instead of having bs seeping into every conner of our lives..

I also think this is a good example of Free Speech anyway you put it..

Related News Links:
www.libertythink.com
www.guerrillanews.com
www.guerrillanews.com

::EDIT::
I have seen this video, as a 3d artist, its damn good..

As a person who believes this war is bad its good..

I think everyone should support this instead of Moores POS movie Fahrenheit 9/11 since we all know its lies and biased...

[edit on 27-10-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
He has balls, thats why i like him so much, and the people who call his video outrageous are probably 60 year old prudes who have blown it out of proportion im sure MTV will start playing the video without too much editing.

There should be more people like this but there isnt and i doubt there will be for a long time, i have his new song on mp3 and the lyrics are some of the best he has ever done
to him and hope he will be with us for a long time to come.

Attacking the pres is a sure fire way to get public attention and is always funny

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yes, I have to say this, he is sexy; BUT, he would not be so appealing to me at all if it wasn't for his lyrics.
Everytime I listen to one of his songs, I can FEEL what he is saying. I feel the anger and sadness that lies in his words. There's only been a couple other singer/songwriters that have had this kind of effect on me - and none has ever been quite like him.
Because of his courage to speak out about what he was learning or what he personally experienced, he has been attacked - as all are who express an opinion that is not felt by another. But he continues to express his opinion to a larger crowd w/ only the hope of changing a few minds and to vent those frustrations felt w/in.
His intelligence of the world and his surroundings is rather surprising to many who choose to listen what he is saying considering the profession he chose. But what a better way to get your beliefs heard all over the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Eminem is listened to by ... who ??
Kids under 18. Perhaps some college age kids.
When they get older their tastes in 'art' will change.
He won't sway votes. He won't have an impact.
I'm glad he enjoys his chosen profession in life.
But he's of no importance in politics.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Eminem is NOT sexy - he looks like a bleached weasel. His words are aimed to either be funny or hostile - all rather passe. I think the other rappers have already moved on. I also don't believe anybody over 16 would buy into anything Eminem has to say. Eminem has become the Weird Al Yankowitz of rap, only with more original songs.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Eminem is NOT sexy - he looks like a bleached weasel. His words are aimed to either be funny or hostile - all rather passe. I think the other rappers have already moved on. I also don't believe anybody over 16 would buy into anything Eminem has to say. Eminem has become the Weird Al Yankowitz of rap, only with more original songs.

By chance can you disprove anything he states in his music?? take for instance this Mosh video...

I am just wondering what you can come up with...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"Strap him with an AK-47, Let him go fight his own war / No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our own soil / No more psychological warfare to trick; think we aint loyal / if we don't serve our own country with patronizing a hero."

You call these powerful lyrics? These are such played out concepts that most of the 10th graders that post on ATS could have more depth to the argument in their postings. I can't believe that you are actually comparing this to Fahrenheit 911 - which was a conspiracy of lies and petty deceits, but it did have impact with the gullible. As for more better Bush attacks anyone of the several top artists that went on their little anti-bush trail - Dave Matthews, Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen ad nauseum. Eminem is like a dude that arrives late at the party and tries to show he can dance better than others so that he can be noticed.

LAME!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Actually i know a few 40+ year olds that enjoy his music and these people are also into Bruce Springsteen/Chris Rea etc.

Im not under 20 i listen to his music and enjoy it, i have a broad range of music tastes and place his lyrics above any other artist i know.

The majority of people who listen to him maybe under 18 but these are the people that will eventually be voting maybe even running the country in the future so i think he can influence politics, maybe not now just maybe in the future.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Actually i know a few 40+ year olds that enjoy his music and these people are also into Bruce Springsteen/Chris Rea etc.

Im not under 20 i listen to his music and enjoy it, i have a broad range of music tastes and place his lyrics above any other artist i know.

The majority of people who listen to him maybe under 18 but these are the people that will eventually be voting maybe even running the country in the future so i think he can influence politics, maybe not now just maybe in the future.

Thanks for saying this...you took the words out of my mouth

I saw the Mosh video. It was pretty intense IMO. I can definitely see this swaying the younger voting crowd. I'm not saying it should, but it certainly is powerful enough to do just that. 10 million people don't buy his albums if they don't want to hear what he has to say. and it aint just 12 yr olds buying his albums either.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

"Strap him with an AK-47, Let him go fight his own war / No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our own soil / No more psychological warfare to trick; think we aint loyal / if we don't serve our own country with patronizing a hero."

Sounds about right, exept the ak-47 part, he prob needed that to rhyme with or something...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hi, I'm Koka, am over 16 and listen to Eminem.

Come on Mynaeris, stop playing devils advocate, we know you hate Bush and have all Eminem's albums.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Not wishing to offend, but he will have more impact on the elections than you are likely to.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I can not lie, It always brings a smile to face to see people standing-up for something.

Its all about selling records.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I can not lie, It always brings a smile to face to see people standing-up for something.

But is whats on the record that makes on buy it...

In this example is a good example as i said earlier of our 1st admendment in full force..

Which alot of people have failed to realize, has gotten a lot less like the freedom of speech in the US..

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

But is whats on the record that makes on buy it...

Whats on the record, makes it sell. Death, drugs, and sex sells.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Very true but i think Eminem has enough money to not be worried about money anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Very true but i think Eminem has enough money to not be worried about money anymore.

Anyone thats ever had money knows, you can never have enough. Its like a drug.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Eminem is nothing but a marketing puppet

What about other artist that actually have a message to say besides some lame spoof?

Immortal Technique's latest album, Revolutionary Volume 2 has the assassination of George Bush, Collin Powell, Rumsfield and Cheney all on the front cover! Not to mention some of his lyrics, which are just great:

The fourth branch of the government AKA the media
Seems to now have a retirement plan for ex-military officials
As if their opinion was at all unbiased
A machine shouldn't speak for men
So shut the # up you mindless drone!
And you know it's serious
When these same media outfits are spending millions of dollars on a PR campaign
To try to convince you they're fair and balanced
When they're some of the most ignorant, and racist people
Giving that type of mentality a safe haven
We act like we share in the spoils of war that they do
We die in wars, we don't get the contracts to make money off 'em afterwards!

This guy touches on topics that we talk about daily. He isnt just some marketing puppet like Jadakiss and Eminem. I saw him live in concert in Tucson, AZ and had an hour conversation with him after the show. He blew my mind.

Another get artist to listen to is Dead Prez. The week after Sept 11 occured, they recorded their infamous song 'Know your enemy' in which they proclaimed 'George Bush is way worse than Bin Laden is. Needless to say, it was squelched by some higher power and never was released. However I would suggest to get their latest album 'R.B.G' and there first album 'Let's get free'.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I�m 40+ and I like M&M not all his stuff it�s a bit repetitive, but his statements ring true to the younger people as well as old, and these kids today are tomorrows future, they use music as tool just as we did in our early days mind you today�s musicians are more upfront and open about what they want to get across to the listing populace.

Below is an excerpt from a song writer called Paris, I think this is a much better written song on the same subject matter. IMHO it is worth the time to down load but hey each to there own

Warning mild profanity

What Would You Do? mp3, length, 6: 02

Upset by the cover? You should be, but for the right reasons. Read about the Bush Administration's involvement and the real motives behind the Attacks on America click here
this link is now dead.

Excerpt from: WHAT WOULD YOU DO

I see a message from the government, like every day
I watch it, and listen, and call �em all suckas
They warnin� me about Osama or whatever
Picture me buyin� this scam I said never
You in tune to a Hard Truth Soldier spittin�
I stay committed gives a fuk to die or lose commission
It�s all a part of fightin� devil state mind control
And all about the battle for your body mind and soul
And now I�m hopin� you don�t close ya mind - so they shape ya
Don�t forget they made us slaves, gave us AIDS and raped us
Another Bush season mean another war for profit
All in secret so the public never think to stop it
The illuminati triple 6 all connected
Stolen votes they control the race and take elections
It�s the Skull and Bones Freemason kill committee
See the Dragon gettin� #tier in every city
What would you do if you
knew all of the things we know
Would you stand up for truth
Or would you turn away too?
And then what if you saw
All of the things that�s wrong
Would you stand tall and strong?
Or would you turn and walk away...

Now ask yourself who�s the one with the most to gain (Bush)
�Fore 911 motherfukas couldn�t stand his name (Bush)
Now even niggas waivin� flags like they lost they mind
Everybody got opinions but don�t know the time
�Cause America�s been took - it�s plain to see
The oldest trick in the book is MAKE an enemy

What Would You Do? mp3, length, 6: 02

House Bill 15090 PDF Format

Source: www.guerrillafunk.com...

[edit on 27/10/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
greate stuff!

Whats all this buzz about beeing a market puppet?
So what?
He basically claims that Bush is an a**hole and urge people to go vote. Hes done more for humanity in that video than most of us on this site will ever do in our lifetime..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join