It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminems Video The most powerful attack on the Bush Admin since "Fahrenheit 9/11 (from ATSNN)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
NO Eminem is not just listened to by kids under 18
I know people that listen to him from all age groups. I do not any of his earlier stuff, other than "My Name Is" but some of the stuff out from 8 Mile, and the Eminem Show is excellent....the kids has some interesting views and something to say that should be listened to! He also made it to the top with no help from family .....he beat all the odds that were against him to rise above it...I am not into rap at all, but it's his lyrics on some of his newer material that people need to hear, but you have to look over the foul language, but you hear that everywhere anyway. He survived a mother that made him think he was sick as a child when he wasn't...and yes, I know a lot of us has survived that and more...but I admire the fact that he has turned himself around to be a goof father, beat all the odds...and survived!

"White America"

America, hahaha, we love you, how many people are proud to be citizens of this beautiful
country of our's, the stripes and the stars for the rights that men have died for to protect,
the women and men who have broke their neck's for the freedom of speech the United States
government has sworn to uphold, or so we're told...
Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself, if they were brown, Shady lose, Shady
sits on the shelf, but Shady's cute, Shady knew, Shady's dimple's would help, make ladies swoon
baby, [ooh baby], look at my sales, let's do the math, if I was black, I would've sold half, I
ain't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that,

"Cleanin Out My Closet"
www.azlyrics.com...

All Other Lyrics:
www.azlyrics.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is an interesting post here...

I am suprised most of you agree with him..

Bt the way, I am 30 yrs old and I listen to Eminem reguarily.. altho some of is stuff is insane, but he does state alot of fact in his music as i stated in the 1st post..

Anyway i like how this turned out.. some of the regulars completely suprised me tho..

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Eminem is listened to by ... who ??
Kids under 18. Perhaps some college age kids.
When they get older their tastes in 'art' will change.
He won't sway votes. He won't have an impact.
I'm glad he enjoys his chosen profession in life.
But he's of no importance in politics.

When you see little old ladies at the polls in Black Hoodies on election day, I want you to know why.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just finished hearing the song and i have to say, its not his best work and, to be honest, i dont think it will change people's mind. "White America" was a better track then "mosh", i dont think this will make any change to election..

Sorry

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i personally think this song sucks...

and im an avid eminem fan..(im 28)

but this is just retarded..

i made a post on these forums last week about a song called bin laden from immortal technique that says way more then this cheesy attempt at selling records..

but of course my thread got closed ..because noone ever heard of immortal technique..

but if anyone should know who he is it the people at this forums...i swear he gets all his ideas from here anyway..

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I hate Eminem, sorry, but cussing to a beat is not music, it is cussing to a beat.

Anyways, just because he is against Bush does not mean Kerry supports him or any other left groups support him. Does Kerry&Co. support me? No, but according to Bushies me and Kerry have dinner every night because I support him. Bad logic yes, but Bush logic is always bad logic.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The question is, are any of the people who are Emeniem fans who would watch the video actually gonna go get off their sorry buts and VOTE?

I dont care how good an ad is, it is meaningless unless people actually take some sort of action, aside from hitting the up on the volume button.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
nice to see the wee papa girl rapper making a worthwhile statement instead of holding dr dre's dress for once - (sorry bout that - prefer the old skool mentality!)

maybe some sad obsessed fans will vote but just to follow their deity that is Eminem but at least he is having a pop at the right people!

attacking Bush is alot better than wasting breath on pot bellied freaks such as Elton jo....no way - i refuse to mention his name!

Rappers such as Paris are way more on the ball with their lyrics

as we are on the subject of hip hop - anyone know where i can view the video "son of a Bush" by Public Enemy?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by al bo0m
but of course my thread got closed ..because noone ever heard of immortal technique..

but if anyone should know who he is it the people at this forums...i swear he gets all his ideas from here anyway..

Maybe you should read the entire thread before you post. Specifically page 2.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I will agree that nobody listens to Eminem over 18. Thje only people that do listen over 18 listen to the songs he did when they were still in high school

And RANT, grannies in Black hoodies, I'd pay to see that

Of course, it will be just as sad as all the douche's who dyed their hair blonde and wore beaters everywhere...and they call Republicans mindless slaves

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The question is, are any of the people who are Emeniem fans who would watch the video actually gonna go get off their sorry buts and VOTE?

I dont care how good an ad is, it is meaningless unless people actually take some sort of action, aside from hitting the up on the volume button.

So basically you're saying anyone who listens to Eminem, and watched that video is too lazy to "get off their sorry buts and vote?"

It sure is nice to know people here have open minds..........

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I just got done watching the video, to me it seemed like he was trying to in a undertoned way hint to a revolution, like we need to band together in case something bad happens, to stop fighting over race and other petty issues and wake up from the coma that alot of americans are under, Just my take,
also, I am mid 20's and I know alot of older people who listen to eminem, so I think it could have an impact on election day, if my take on what the video meant is true, then he could have released it in case something does happen for us to remember and act upon!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalepmay
So basically you're saying anyone who listens to Eminem, and watched that video is too lazy to "get off their sorry buts and vote?"

It sure is nice to know people here have open minds..........

No,
She is trying to say are they going to do anything about it instead of just sitting here and chatting about it on a internet forum.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by al bo0m
i personally think this song sucks...

and im an avid eminem fan..(im 28)

but this is just retarded..

i made a post on these forums last week about a song called bin laden from immortal technique that says way more then this cheesy attempt at selling records..

i liked the song. it comes through on his promise (or attempts to) of song 5 on emimen show. Square dance.

"plans to hijack the bush adminsistration, push his face in, push this generation to fight for the right to say something you might not like, this white hot mike than im under no wonder i look so sunburnt , oh no i wont leave no stone unturned, oh no i see he wont go nowhere, go to beyrueth and do a show there. "

It will have a impact.

He might get his ideas from here, hence the reference in his song of the word , multitasking, and the inclusion of bush and the dollarbill eyeballtriangle symbol that hes bashing on the wall.

though expect retal against kerry in the future. as he was in barely mentioned as senator and barely shown next to bush at the closing of the video.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cs2112
inteligent life does exist on ATS!

I'm afraid I can't take you at your word, you'll have to provide links and photographic evidence before I believe a comment such as that.

I can't believe the Mods didn't pick up on this.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Eminem. I prefer Paris.

"For those who have visited [my website], says Paris, they pretty much know my entire take on this war on terror and my belief that higher ups in the government conspired to self-induce terrorism on the United States so that they could go about achieving more government control; so that they could go about initiating a way by which to increase defense spending and to profit from the horrible events that took place [on September 11].

www.guerillafunk.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This along with alot of otehr mainstream music is dangerous for the county. THey are preaching hate and revolution. They are telling people to vote clar out and give them good reason. THey are telling them to peacable assemble and protest. NO they are to get into the whitehouse and storm it??? WTF

THis is utter # nothing else about it. Hate breeds hate period. NOv. 3 we will have a nation divided. Its half the country either way. Its a scary scary thing. THe bad thing tho if Bush does win all these actors and singers will again speak hate about him for the next 4 years and undermind his presidentcy. Even tho it is a legitimate and legal presidentcy.

THIS STUFF MAKES ME SICK!!. I believe in free speach but this is near sedition.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver

THIS STUFF MAKES ME SICK!!. I believe in free speach but this is near sedition.

Bush Killa - Paris

Now who is able to make war with the beast?
It starts with P
Trumpets sound when I push the program
And set my sight on a serpent man
Swinging the sword of the righteous
Make devils drop and they just can't spite this
Genocide and the minds of men make
Brothers like me fill up with hate
I smell a skunk in the air
Cause your program still ain't fair
So who you wanna blame for "The Hate That Hate Made?"
When P let off and pigs get sprayed
Y'all wanna kill off the black man
But I know your master plan
So we'll see who stop the black guerrilla..
P-Dog the Bush Killa

[*scratching*]
Yeah, it's P-Dog the Bush Killa

[Paris]
Yeah, tolerance is gettin thinner
Cause Iraq never called me "'n-word'"
So what I wanna go off and fight a war for?
You best believe I got your draft card!
So bad to hate somebody else
But much worse to hate yourself
Victim to the mentacide of the devil why
must black folk be made to die?
Keepin 'em on and on.. keepin ya on and on
Now my brother down South said, "# the Police"
I'm sayin, "No Justice, No Peace"
So I just stick 'em like that
Cause everybody want to get the black, huh
But we'll see who'll stop the black guerilla..
P-Dog the Bush Killa

"He's been shot!" "The president is dead"
Yeah, it's P-Dog the Bush Killa
[*scratching*]
"Oh my God!" "That man shot the president"

"Nobody moves, just stay where you are"
"Just hold it right there.."

[Paris]
Yeah, so where's he at? I might wait
for his mother#in ass on a rooftop next tour
Buckin stone cause I'm known to play for keeps
Lay low to the flow and keep it neat
And send his ass home belly up
Should've listened to the facts that the black's been tellin ya
It's no suprise that a brother got wise
Now rat-a-tat-tat, it's an eye for an eye

I'm in it, got to die before we see
the mother#ers don't give a damn for you or me
So wear a vest on your chest and the rest stand still
For P-Dog the Bush Killa, yeah!

[*breakdown*]

[Paris]
Now you know, that I ain't never been a slave to the bottle
All I see on the tube is the punk black role model
The passive girllike she-men
that make and dictate the lives of black men
And sometimes I wanna give up hope
Cause all they wanna do is grow up and work for white folks
Or be a pimp, drug dealer or sports star
It ain't no wonder the blacks don't go far
Now the trick is stay quick to bust #
Got to be equipped so the devil can't flip
And be aware of the government plan to keep
young black folk walkin in our sleep
# the games I still feel the pain
I still feel the shame cause ain't nuttin changed
I CAIN'T fade peace when the war is all around
You better run cause the lost are bein found
Choose your team, square up and take sides
But don't be punked or a skunk when the gat fire
Cause I'm the first one to let the caps go
No more vetoes of negroes
who run scared full of fear when the devil squawk
Funk is on to the dome the glock'll talk
And be sure that a devil is peeled
Make way for the mother#in Bush Killa, now!

[*laughter*]
"Things change, a majority of the people will decide where and when"
"All males to the bail tomorrow mourning for the late great black man"
"We are all going to respect the law, or pay the consequences"

[*scratching: "Hey!"*]
["Get your punk devil ass hurt motherf.." -> Ice Cube]

[*dogs barking*]
"Let me draw a bead on his black ass and he's dead!"
[*dogs barking*]
"He's gonna make it." "Let the dogs go." "No I won't do it!"

[*guitar solo for the next couple of minutes*]
[*music eventually fades*]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Even tho it is a legitimate and legal presidentcy.

Since when has it been legitimate.. hell for that matter legal???

from what I understand they have these new electronic voting machines that leave no proof of how one voted...

This makes one wonder how it is so legit, and legal.

Also wasnt it 4 yurs ago where they supressed something like 4 million votes in FL.. but then again its all legal there right..

ohh lets not forget about all the crap these days about vote tampering..

but then again thats also legal and legit..

So tell me... where is the legal and legit part of this election???

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Since when has it been legitimate.. hell for that matter legal???

Ever since people actually decided to look at the FACTS, and not what their bias tells them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join