It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California High School Shooting - at least 2 injured

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well I just woke up with 10 missed calls, haven't check them and I'm reading this.

Unbelievable here in Bakersfield we have a school shooting that made ATS.

Taft is located in Bakersfield in the county of Kern with the population of a thousand or less with dumb down gang activity.

Anyways, I will check my voicemail and see wth is going on
I will keep somebody posted. I will be headed out there shortly.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
No dead according to fox.

Also it was a gang related shooting outside of the school and one of the shooter went in the school to hide...

This is NOT a school shooting.

I was going to say, if it's SoCal is more than likely gang-related than crazies on the prowl. Two gangbangers will be arrested and within 10 minutes someone will be here to tell us Obama faked it to ram gun control down everyone's throats.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No, actually, you edited your post. But thanks for the factual clarification.

LoL yes i did to clear up any further misconception by what i was trying to say lol.........

my appologies indeed

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by roughycannon

It has been PROVEN that media coverage of serial killings CREATES copy cat killings. People seeking Tue same notoriety. I can't see this as being any different.

Well that weird because I don't remember any copy cat shooting afters ours in 1996 and that was big news at the time trust me...

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just because there is a ban on it in a certain place or state, doesn't mean bad people (gang members/crazies) will follow such bans and laws.

link   
That's what I thought.
The media isn't reporting this everywhere, because it is "just" a gang related shooting.

Geez, if they report on all those, we would have to have live streaming of Detroit and Chicago 24/7 wouldn't we?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I agree about the TV film violence. However, there were actually murders before TV was invented so it can't all be blamed on TV/Film violence.

The breakdown of family and the internet and TV have a lot to answer for.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
reply to post by beezzer

Just because there is a ban on it in a certain place or state, doesn't mean bad people (gang members/crazies) will follow such bans and laws.

Exactly.

Only law-abiding people would obey the ban.

link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

It has been PROVEN that media coverage of serial killings CREATES copy cat killings. People seeking Tue same notoriety. I can't see this as being any different.

Well that weird because I don't remember any copy cat shooting afters ours in 1996 and that was big news at the time trust me...

en.wikipedia.org...

Youre right, must be those darned guns jumping out of peoples safes and attacking people again........we better go get em ..........

The person you were responding to didnt say that it did 100 percent of the time........but it HAS been proven that this does happen..........

If it didnt, the term "Copy Cat Killer" wouldnt exist.......

Please dont be intellectually obtuse with this...........
edit on 10-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
"refused treatment" = gang related. Enough said. PS lets see if this gun was "legal" it probably will be a throw away. So if this gun was illegal then how do we stop this from happening again. .... We can't.

link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Pretty much, I think they'd be stuck down in East L.A. and Watts all day.

link   

So? Doesn't change the fact that it happens.

link   

Originally posted by grey580
The guns aren't the problem.
It's the people shooting the other people that are.

Flame me all you want but that's the truth.
When we address all the violence on tv and in media maybe this sort of thing won't happen.

What I don't get is the country with most guns has the most shootings and you always say guns are not the problem its the people.

So why don't other country's have these issues then? just you lot with all your problem solving guns...

edit on 10-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
reply to post by beezzer

That's not what gun control freaks believe.

They think if you ban guns, they will automatically disappear and nobody will break the law.

They live in make-believe land.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I don't think a teenager sitting in bed bored see's the news and thinks "I know what I can do!" NO just NO! that's stupid the kind of people that do this are nutters its not the MSM get over it, the US shootings are all over our news everyday too remember.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You are correct sir. This is a coordinated second term gun grab, as predicted by many. They need these tragedies to further their agenda of disarming the common man so he is helpless against government agents with plenty of guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
The guns aren't the problem.
It's the people shooting the other people that are.

Flame me all you want but that's the truth.
When we address all the violence on tv and in media maybe this sort of thing won't happen.

What I don't get is the country with most guns has the most shootings and you always say guns are not the problem its the people.

So why don't other country have these issues then? just you will all your problem solving guns...

Really? hmm interesting, whats the gun crime rate in Switzerland? Why dont you look up their stance on guns......

When youre done with that.......then maybe you can explain why its so low.......

Then after youve realized theres no other reason other than the "Culture" kids are being brought up in today, perhaps we can start working on the ACTUAL problem...........which isnt the gun........
edit on 10-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I don't think a teenager sitting in bed bored see's the news and thinks "I know what I can do!" NO just NO! that's stupid the kind of people that do this are nutters its not the MSM get over it, the US shootings are all over our news everyday too remember.

Read psychology.

Copy cat is a real phenomenon and the MSM are helping create new shooters.

link   
reply to post by marbles87

shoot back.

That is the single best way to keep this from happening.

link   
The coincidental 'drill' we see so often in these suspicious shooting incidents:

www.turnto23.com...
From the comments section:
"It appears that just yesterday Bakersfield school officials conducted shooting survival training: http://(link tracking not allowed)/10iEDwS. So - did the training work? Or did it give someone ideas? How utterly depressing."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join