It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JINNS!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Okay I think I am coming to an understanding. The Jinn were created by Allah as beings with free will, just as Man was, but their "realm"(dimension/reality/place of existence) lies between(I say between as not a location but in the abilities they possess ie somewhere between the "powers" of Angels and the limitations of Man) physical Earth and Heaven. Because they are far more "Powerful"(not bound by the limitations to physical existence that Man is limited too, ie physics, gravity etc.) than Man, they can traverse the boundaries of their "realm" to Mans(although this is a sin against Allah). So basically they are "fighting the same "fight" as Man.

This kind of makes me jealous in a way, having all the limitations of physical existence knowing that Allah gave them to others, but I digress and it is my own ego that must deal with being the low man on the totem pole if you will. Is there a believed purpose for their creation within the beliefs of Islam? or are they simply another creation "Experiment"(no offense intended in using the word experiment but If Allah were separate there would be no need for Him to create any being and give them a soul unless it was loneliness, spoken from a Human point of view of course)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Jhill, are you saying that Satan is not a real entity?

No, he is a real entity. But, man gives him his power by believing in him. When one is in the know, they say he does not exist.

Man doesn't give him any power, Jesus broke his power 2000 years ago, get with the times man. Cover your eyes when the lion comes for you, see if it still tears you apart. You can't fight him by denying the angel of death his existence. Jesus didn't deny his existence, he actually had a bit of a dialogue with him. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make demons go away.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Can you direct me to the area/s of the Qur'an that describe Satan as a physical entity?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Sure, because the world is just so peachy right now.

Seems to me ever since Jesus "broke his power" the world has gotten more and more screwed up. What's up with that?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

The differences between Islam and Christianity are so trivial, that I don't see what the big deal is.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Can you direct me to the area/s of the Qur'an that describe Satan as a physical entity?

Ibilis (satan) never had a physical form. He is one of the Jinn. He is a being made of smokeless fire. I do not think you will find any ayat in the Qur'an claiming him as a physical entity.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Klien

Thank you that was actually my point.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

you want verses that describe his appearence? There are none, but some dialogues between him and God, i posted a few before.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The entire creation, the entire universe, is the lie. It isn't real except that it's source is the one and only thing that is real. The creator. The creator is all around and all within the lie. The creator only creates lies. The only thing thatis not one with the creator is the creation. The creator is all good. The creation is a dualistic separation of a unified beingness.

Your salvation is a matter of identity.

The angel is a being that knows itself to be the one divine being. The djinn is one who knows itself to be of the world. Separation from God is the cause of all suffering. Separation is a belief. To BE in the now is to be unified. Do not believe yourself to be the changing thing, but know yourself as the thing that causes change. Adopt an attitude of service to others, and you will become aware of your self and your power.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Okay I think I am coming to an understanding. The Jinn were created by Allah as beings with free will, just as Man was, but their "realm"(dimension/reality/place of existence) lies between(I say between as not a location but in the abilities they possess ie somewhere between the "powers" of Angels and the limitations of Man) physical Earth and Heaven. Because they are far more "Powerful"(not bound by the limitations to physical existence that Man is limited too, ie physics, gravity etc.) than Man, they can traverse the boundaries of their "realm" to Mans(although this is a sin against Allah). So basically they are "fighting the same "fight" as Man.

This kind of makes me jealous in a way, having all the limitations of physical existence knowing that Allah gave them to others, but I digress and it is my own ego that must deal with being the low man on the totem pole if you will. Is there a believed purpose for their creation within the beliefs of Islam? or are they simply another creation "Experiment"(no offense intended in using the word experiment but If Allah were separate there would be no need for Him to create any being and give them a soul unless it was loneliness, spoken from a Human point of view of course)

I'l give you something to feel good but dont get arrogant.
Humans are told to be the best of creation by God.
Ya the jinns have a different realm and switch to ours but maybe we have been given something that they dont have, i think its more intelligence or ability to progress.
And because of that our faith is tested more by keeping us blind to the realm of angels and demons.
I actually use the word "experiment" so i dont mind at all.
But ya, God created humans and jinns because He is a creator. Angels were there to appreciate His creations but nobody with free will. And the purpose of humans and jinns is to worship Him alone. The worship means to acknowledge that He is God, knows best and so obey Him for our own good. He wouldnt be affected if we dont. But its in His love and Mercy that He wants it as He made us and knows whats best and reveals it to us.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Isn't Azazil the original name of Satan / Iblis?

Or am I confusing it with something else. Would like to hear your take on this.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Isn't Azazil the original name of Satan / Iblis?

Or am I confusing it with something else. Would like to hear your take on this.

yes thats right, it was before he disobeyed.
Also like Adam is 1st human,
Marij was 1st jinn.
And Azazil one of the decendant who worshipped God so much and was so good that angels wanted to learn.
So he was allowed to be in company of angels.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I read another version... it said the Djinns had become so corrupted that God sent the angels to punish the Djinns.... and only Iblis / Satan was brought to heaven to be in the company of angels.
He learned from them first and later began to teach the angels.

Is this true? Any more info on the angelic/Djinn wars?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

I read another version... it said the Djinns had become so corrupted that God sent the angels to punish the Djinns.... and only Iblis / Satan was brought to heaven to be in the company of angels.
He learned from them first and later began to teach the angels.

Is this true? Any more info on the angelic/Djinn wars?

i dint read about it, i'l find and tell you, i do know that before Adam, only the jinns lived on earth and ultimately turned so bad and killed the prophets sent to them that they were destroyed except the good ones. How they got destroyed that i dont know maybe angels.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by Agarta

"... created by Allah as beings with free will"

Here's my understanding:

Free will is not how God creates. Only the creation creates by using will. So anytime you exercise your free will, unless you are aware, you are fortifying the belief that the creation is truth, or God. God doesnt make choices. God, in all gods divine holiness, just exists, and from Allah's existence, creation flows freely. As such, the creation, possessed by spirit and made to appear alive, reacts to the spirit in unique ways that all move towards integration of the spirit. The current adaptation of the creation is that it is alive and needs a will to create. This is an immature understanding.

edit on 9-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Great thread!

I have a question Logical7. I agree with your Islamic interpretation of Jinns, perfectly correct. What I wanted to know is that I have been informed by my grandmother (Muslim, very religious and spiritual) that if particular duas like Dua Mashlool (which was sent down to Prophet Muhammad peace upon him by Angel Gabriel) are read constantly, then they invoke the presence of Jinns to come to the reciter. Dua Mashlool as she said, is a very strong dua (prayer) and that if read for a certain amount of days (i.e 40-41) then Jinns can come and visit the person in any form (i.e dog) and possibly even frighten him because Dua Mashlool is not for the faint of heart.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
As-salamu alaykum. I have a question that may be off topic, but me being a Muslim i had never asked this question to anyone or heard about it, do humans get free will in Jannah? Also how would one tell if a Jinn is following him/her everywhere they go, giving bad luck or making their life miserable?

Reason why i asked the question about the Jinn is because me and my friends had tried ouija board also went to an abandoned mental hospital, i can tell you what happened if you ask for it, truly is weird and i can't explain if its Demon or Jinn.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

Walaikum Assalam,

Please share your story as I may be able to tell if it is a Jinn or demon. I believe in Jannat (heaven) there would still be free will, but as there would be no evil, negative entity present then the concept of free will would only diverse into people committing good acts, if that makes any sense. Maybe logical7 has a better idea but these are my 2 cents from my Islamic perspective.
As to see whether a Jinn has entered your body, there are widely accepted mannerisms in the Islamic perspective that a person possessed would abandon their daily prayers, be repulsed by the recitation of the Qur'an and perhaps even scoff when a person says "Assalamalaikum" to them.
Their are stories from my native land of Pakistan and India (pre-partition areas before Pakistan) that tell girls and women to not walk under trees at night or anywhere outside out late with their hair flowing, especially long hair because jinns are said to be attracted by that and can follow the girl ultimately possessing them.
I've also heard not to walk under trees that have fruits in them at night because jinns, spirits and witches which we call "churaill" are said to live in those trees, especially the lemon ones, I'm not sure why though.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by shayanmh

Yeah. Demons live in trees. Riiiiiiiight..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shayanmh

What does Assalamalaikum mean?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join