It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by WaterBottle
There is no such thing as a "real American"...

Hulk Hogan?

Fights for the rights of every man!

The rub of this whole thing would if be it was all scripted and they planned the entire interview. Makes me wish we had brave ast'ers working as interns on shows like these.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Alex needs to realize that the only people who have any idea what the hell he is talking about are those who follow this stuff all the time (like us). He has some good info, but he really needs to break it all down coherently for people who are completely new to it.

I remember the first time I watched "Waking Life" years ago before I woke up myself... and when his bit came up during which he had his typical tirade screaming off the top of his lungs I thought the same thing the "sheeple" thought-- this guy has lost a few marbles and needs to check himself in a mental hospital! After seeing the movie much later, I understood everything he was saying much better, and just found his antics funny.

Of course, CNN probably would've edited out the more composed parts even if he tried....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This was nothing more than a ratings Cage-Match.

Piers Morgan is a Class-One douchbag, and Alex Jones is high-grade paranoid and crazy.

All this debate serves is looky-loo's and rubber-neckers.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Douche bag is farrrrrrr too pleasant a name for the man.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The government is not going to take our guns. Yes there are knee-jerk reactions right now on both sides of the gun control debate but this is normal after a tragedy like Sandy Hook. Obama has been pretty soft on gun control so far and I don't see him trying to take away anyone's guns. I think we all just need to relax. Give this 6 months and it will be a thing of the past.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Violent Crime in UK ----> 2,034 per 100,000

Violent Crime in US ----> 466 per 100,000

Apparently its not all jolly in England ...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Ah yes, but missing your daily cup of tea in is considered a violent crime over there. Punishable by up to 5 years in prison. So that kinds skews the numbers a tad.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

But you are right, our crime stats look worse because of the way we report the crime and the way they record it.
One fight between 2 people could be classed as 1 or 4/5/6 things.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Those stats are a great " reality " check.
Gun Control ....does it work?
Of course not! So......lets do it anyway!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Alex Jones comes across (and is) a raving madman..... he couldn't have a debate if his life depended on it.
He is rude, arrogant, stupid, unprepared and cannot engage in a serious debate.

If anyone thinks Alex Jones did well or represented their cause in that "debate" with Piers Morgan, then they have some serious and deep rooted mental issues.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Alex Jones comes across (and is) a raving madman..... he couldn't have a debate if his life depended on it.
He is rude, arrogant, stupid, unprepared and cannot engage in a serious debate.

If anyone thinks Alex Jones did well or represented their cause in that "debate" with Piers Morgan, then they have some serious and deep rooted mental issues.

Alex Jones comes across as a passionate American who refuses to surrender the
2nd Amendment to a bunch of crazy liberals who demand a form of gun control
that.......WILL NOT WORK.
Of course it will not work but WE DON'T CARE. Lets just do it anyway!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
Alex Jones comes across as a passionate American who refuses to surrender the
2nd Amendment to a bunch of crazy liberals who demand a form of gun control
that.......WILL NOT WORK.
Of course it will not work but WE DON'T CARE. Lets just do it anyway!

No he doesn't.... and if you think he does, you're deluded.

He cannot.... CANNOT have a conversation and proper discussion.

He is a tool.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Proper conversation = sit there and listen to the .....endless.....liberal talking points
thrown out by Piers Morgan that very conveniently .....ignore reality.
Of course gun control won't work. WE DON'T CARE. Do it anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

No, it's about having a back and forth... about answering points and discussing calmly.
Alex Could have steered the conversation properly and asked questions too, but he just tried shouting and rail-roading Piers.

He does it to guests on his own show too... Alex Jones has the conversational and Debate skills of a clenched fist.

The level of political debate in the US is embarrassing actually...it makes me cringe.

He who shouts the loudest wins!!

Alex Jones could argue with himself in an empty room..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
Violent Crime in UK ----> 2,034 per 100,000

Violent Crime in US ----> 466 per 100,000

Apparently its not all jolly in England ...

As already pointed out.....violent crime statistics between the US and the UK aren't comparable.....what the UK and the US consider as violent crime differs and thus is reflected in the statistics. The UK class ALL violence and ALL sexual crimes even those that don't involve forced rape as violent crimes . Also the way in which it is reported and recorded differs between the two countries.Almost 50% of violent crime does not involve any physical harm in the UK....I don't actually know the figure for the US but I would be genuinely interested.
It's the same for all countries....they all have different official idea's of what constitutes a violent crime. The best way to see what is going on in your own country is to study the violent crime trend's for your country over a period of time. Considering that violent crime in England and Wales as dropped by 47% since 1995 .....I am happy with that.

I know that my own country has it's own problems......But the misconception that Violent crime in the UK as tripled since the ban on handguns in 1997 is absolute tosh! And the violent crime statistics for the two countries are NOT comparable.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

The stats look really bad for the UK.
No problem. Just ignore them.

BTW, we already know that gun control will in fact FAIL.
So....lets go ahead and do it anyway.

edit on 9-1-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The CNN (interview?) was in fact just a set up.
Alex Jones showed up and threw the entire liberal script out the window.
He played it just right.

After the "set up" failed then CNN threw Alex Jones off the set.
Quick! Switch to damage control mode....label Alex Jones crazy!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So all you Brits are basically saying that there aren't really that many violent crimes the government just inflates those numbers ...

Why would they want to do that?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No we are saying that of course we have violent crime but also that we class all sorts of things as violent crime that other nations do not necessarily class as the same.

Obviously, this leads to a skewing of the figures. Crime stats are only relevant for comparison if they are subject to the same parameters - otherwise it comparing apples to oranges.

Put another way, give me dodgy London over dodgy Detroit any day of the week (although neither are attractive propositions!).
edit on 9-1-2013 by Flavian because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

No we are saying that of course we have violent crime but also that we class all sorts of things as violent crime that other nations do not necessarily class as the same.

Obviously, this leads to a skewing of the figures. Crime stats are only relevant for comparison if they are subject to the same parameters - otherwise it comparing apples to oranges.

Put another way, give me dodgy London over dodgy Detroit any day of the week (although neither are attractive propositions!).
edit on 9-1-2013 by Flavian because: spelling

Yeah those London riots looked real nice and safe.

Detroit is a pit no argument there but really I hope London is safer than Detroit.

What about comparing London to gun free DC or Chicago?

And why again would you classify something as violent if its not? Do you not have common sense in the UK?

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join