learn more

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

I think if some representatives talked like this to each other, We wouldn't have the Patriot Act, privately owned prisons full of people for victimless crimes, Bank bailouts, fluoride in the water, some wars. And maybe the Media would actually do what it's supposed to.

You know what is the problem with that statement?

We already had a representative in World History that talked that way:

This guy.

See my point?

If you didn't see Peirce interview Larry Pratt recently, check it out.

And yes, I have seen it. And that's why I think that Alex Jones was the perfect moron. Larry Pratt was a gentlemen and made Piers look like a outdated tv-host moron. Why? Because Piers Morgan isn't a genius, he is just a tv host, a voice.

Alex Jones not only had the opportunity to address an important issue, but he also had an easy target.

But what he proved was that he is even dumber than Piers.

Alex didn't go there to debate, he went there to tell him how he feels about the whole issue. I think he was pretty convincing.

Well, that was pretty clear for everyone to see.
edit on 8-1-2013 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It was not a debate because there is nothing to debate.

CNN is propaganda pure and simple.

Alex did the only thing you can do on that show - get as much out as you can.

There is no point of "debating" this.

The subject is not open for debate or discussion. Get it?

Our guns are ours to keep - period. THAT was Alex's message.
edit on 8-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've always been on the fence about Alex Jones. Never really liked the guy that much and wrote him off as a little crazy.

But after last night, I came down off the fence and walked right over to Alex's side.

Yeah, his delivery was a little far out there, but you cannot deny that most of the things he was discussing is true. Out of curiosity I decided to listen to Alex's show today. I understand why he came immediately defensive and abrasive. This man's goal is to shake people up out of their delusions.

He shut Piers down. Good. Piers has been a bully for too long, telling guests on his show that they are stupid and mistreating them whenever someone does not agree with his opinion.

What in the hell is a British citizen doing on my tv here in America, telling me what America needs to do with our 2nd Amendment anyway? Who does he think he is?

It was high time someone had the courage to get up there and shut him up. Even if it looked like a chaotic, crazy mess.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Also, from his show today, I found it real interesting the description that Alex and his assistant gave of the studio at CNN. He said his room was dirty, and looked like a jail cell, and that the studio was just a shell with black walls and that the place was filthy.

I guess you don't need too much to run a propaganda machine.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

The funny thing is that Hitler had to be a scary lunatic to make his people go along with his plan. But now in America they smile and very politely take our rights away one by one. But you probably don't even get it do you?
edit on 8-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

What in the hell is a British citizen doing on my tv here in America, telling me what America needs to do with our 2nd Amendment anyway? Who does he think he is?

Let's not forget that it is the American media who allow him to do so.....infact it is a US cable news channel allowing him to do so and paying him good money.....I would say that say's more about America than it doe's about the fact that he is a British Citizen.......

As for us British.....for now we are well rid of him...don't even think about sending him back!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Rich really rich, he is allowed to comment on what he wants (The 1st) It is up to you If you want to watch it or not.
Tell you what you stop exporting shows like toddlers in tiara's and we will let PM back into the UK.
Are you trying to say only an American can have the freedoms you fight for? and any foreigner in the US is allowed none?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

It was high time someone had the courage to get up there and shut him up. Even if it looked like a chaotic, crazy mess.

Well I knew it would happen sooner or later... ATS members coming out of the closet and proclaiming xenophobia at its finest.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Werent we the country that was on a quest to spread democracy around the world??

Isnt free speech a foundation of a democracy? So a British man on a US cable network has a talkshow and he voices his opinion.. Oh NO!! Maybe the issue is you just really disagree with him? Which is fine by me. The real question is, would you be saying "How dare this brit come to my country and defend my right to own an assault rifle!"

Doubt it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

"As for us British.....for now we are well rid of him...don't even think about sending him back!"

just give us a po box, we'll find away to stuff em there ^^

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by Logos23

"As for us British.....for now we are well rid of him...don't even think about sending him back!"

Guys theres no need to worry. Theres a special place in hell for hypocrites like him. Just a shame he was made out to look like the smart one last night.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Logos23

naaah you're alright mate!....consider him a gift on us...i insist!
lol

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

reply to post by Logos23

Guys theres no need to worry. Theres a special place in hell for hypocrites like him. Just a shame he was made out to look like the smart one last night.

I may be English but I am no supporter or fan of PM as you have probably guessed......it is indeed a shame it went the way it did! I feel that neither deserves credibility!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Rich really rich, he is allowed to comment on what he wants (The 1st) It is up to you If you want to watch it or not.
Tell you what you stop exporting shows like toddlers in tiara's and we will let PM back into the UK.
Are you trying to say only an American can have the freedoms you fight for? and any foreigner in the US is allowed none?

Actually, technically speaking, no, no he's not. He is not an American Citizen therefore he is not protected by the 1st Amendment of the Constitution. He has rights under international law and through the foreign embassy though if I am not mistaken. That's not to say that I agree with everything being said, because I don't. We can't allow ourselves to be divided like this. A war anything resembling the Civil War would not be glamorous, would not be heroic, the only thing that can come from that is tragedy. Also we are not 'exporting' shows, the people in charge of the entertainment in your country air whatever the heck they want. Just like we can get Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, and how we used to get Blake's 7 over here. I see the road we are being herded down, and it scares the holy hell outta me. They are creating a divide in the nation regarding the 2nd amendment and I fear if there is a war this time it will definately be the ugliest thing ever, because this is not a north states, south states thing. This truly is a pitting neighbors against each other sort of thing. If they want to change the Constitution, do it legally with a 75% majority vote. Don't try and force the people to accept something that 3/4 of us do not want. If America falls I am not saying the world goes with us, but you are a fool if you think it will not have dire global consequences.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I'm not saying get rid of guns, all Iam doing is trying to protect someones right to question things, AJ did more harm than good in the relations between our two countries in that interview (I thought it was worse than Kevin Costner trying to be British
). Plus the Redcoat name calling.
I find it odd that so many on here want to destroy the 1st while talking about the 2nd. (people wanting him deported because he spoke his mind).
Oh and isn't blakes 7 great

Oh and can you show me links to do with the 75% stat you have told us about because the polls I have seen say different.
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: dyslexia
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just watched the interview on youtube and wow. Alex Jones is very passionate about what he believes in but I can't help but notice how he basically talked over and ignored Piers for the whole segment. If I wasn't a conspiracy theorist I would've been turned off because of it, actually I kind of was anyways. That doesn't mean he was wrong, just took the wrong approach. He backed up his statements with FBI crime stats but Piers was only interested in singular factoids.

Piers mentioned there were only 35/11,000 gun deaths in Britain (0.003%)and yet 11,000/310m (0.00003%) is too much to bear for the American population? Every death is a tragedy but statistically we're better off than GB. Piers also wanted to focus on what type of weapons were involved in the latest shootings here, and yet like AJ tried to say, hammers cause more deaths here than semi-auto rifles.

Overall, it was kind of a mess of an interview. I wish AJ would have been more composed and tactical instead of just spouting off and interrupting Piers and being obnoxious like he was. I love AJ's energy and enthusiasm but he went about it in the wrong way.

ETA: WTF does 9/11 have to do with gun control here in the states? I think that was just a fishing expedition to make AJ out to be more of a quack than Piers and his producers already think he is and televise it on national TV.
edit on 1/9/13 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think a lot of you are missing some potential strategy behind what AJ did.

He listed off many items from TPTB's playbook in his rant. A lot of viewers have probably been completely unexposed to many issues he was "discussing," and will now be compelled to due further research.

Alex was not on PM to single-handedly ensure the preservation of the 2nd amendment. To him, it is a foregone conclusion that there WILL be gun bans, tyranny will be further implemented, and it is going to get worse before it gets better.

He may have purposefully conceded this interview to Piers in order to stir up commotion on the internet.

Alex has long-term goals of waking people up and spreading the word. His goal is to win the war, not the battle. Today his website received the most hits ever, and he was the number 1 topic on Twitter. Had he calmly debated PM, people would not be discussing it today and visiting his website. So while he probably turned a lot of people off, he very likely turned even more people on to the lies of TPTB, which is a win at the end of the day.

I know I first found Infowars and started to wake-up when the official media story about Fukushima didn't make sense to me. Google led me to Infowars and other sites like this.

Additionally, for those who think he played right in PM's hand, I'm also not so sure about that. At the end of the interview when Piers says "Whatever," you can see pure and total hatred and agitation in his eyes. He did not look like a man who just got what he wanted. Also, according to Alex, they only gave him 2 segments versus a promised 3. If they were planning on him being a crazy lunatic, why not let him continue?

I also have to say that I would be shocked if AJ was a shill. For the casual listener and observer of his website, I could certainly see that point-of-view, but if you listen to all three hours of his show each day for many years, you realize that there is no other possibility but for him to be the real deal.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

"ETA: WTF does 9/11 have to do with gun control here in the states? I think that was just a fishing expedition to make AJ out to be more of a quack than Piers and his producers already think he is and televise it on national TV."

you are correct. it was PM's only thing he knew he could get him riled up and try to trip him on it if he started to lose. you are exactly right in questioning why it was brought up when clearly he said at begining it was about guns, and control..... did the suposed hi jackers have guns and box cutters now?

it was a mess for both, really its a shame.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I'm not saying get rid of guns, all Iam doing is trying to protect someones right to question things, AJ did more harm than good in the relations between our two countries in that interview (I thought it was worse than Kevin Costner trying to be British
). Plus the Redcoat name calling.
I find it odd that so many on here want to destroy the 1st while talking about the 2nd. (people wanting him deported because he spoke his mind).
Oh and isn't blakes 7 great

Oh and can you show me links to do with the 75% stat you have told us about because the polls I have seen say different.
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: dyslexia
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I will agree on AJ doing more harm than good imo. HEY HEY HEY!!!! I liked Robin Hood Prince of Thieves!!
He can speak his mind, anyone can. This is a decision we need to make on our own though and in my opinion the federal government toying with the Constitution is a big no no.....and yeah I F'd up.....it's 2/3rds vote, not 3/4.

en.wikipedia.org...

It isn't a poll, in order to change the Constitution of the United States it has to get through the Senate and House of Representatives with a 3/4 vote.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have watched this and watched this and read this comment and that comment. ..what this reminded me of was a long overdue and passion built up school yard beat down of an arrogant condescending prick.. I am not a huge fan of AJs methods. (I remember the Wall Street lady Greater Good vaccine doc replied she had a different method of informing people rather than beating them over the head ie. AJ style). However, I might liken this to Sid Viscous and Johnny Rotten lifestyle and method aside they brought us punk in an age of hippi beads. He brings light to a lot of things. I have no proof he works for Stratfor. All is circumstantial. I seen him disrupting a peaceful demonstration in Austin. I see him rant and rave. Having said that... My Uncle is a high ranking retired police officer whose view of current situations is you bring down the US from the inside. He shared an interesting story about McCain, Newsweek, qnd the FOP endorsement that I will never share out of respect for hm. But his view is our threat is domestic. The reason I bring him up is he used to tell me all the time the hardest part of policing is trying to make every day unique and every situation unique and after awhile it really builds on you and you have to really fight to not take the dirt bag who beat his wife or kids a lot or bullying thug on a long trip to jail. I think AJ took this bully on the long trip. Not saying he was Mohammad Ali but more like a bull in the china shop. Are we gonna leave him on the battlefield wounded? Hamburger Hill style? His message was SPOT ON!!!!! He had a chance and he vollied across the bow in broad daylight. Another way we can lose is internal strife over AJ while forgetting the message "deny ignorance". In the commonwealth we have a saying important enough for a motto. It came out of 1792. It is not only visible on our flag but in our communities. United We Stand, Divided We Fall. The answer to 1776 is 1792.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution