It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else has seen this ad on ATS before December 14?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
OK...

I can't find a better image that this one:

i.ebayimg.com/t/METROCARD-RARE-AD-Its-9-00am-Do-you-know-where-your-kids-are-/00/s/NzIwWDExNjk=/$%28KGrHqFHJE4E+zoVUltKBQZmJTETZQ~~60_35.JPG

(copy and paste the URL)

I have seen this ad here on ATS many times BEFORE December 14, 2012, and I remember I found it very creepy...

Today I saw this ad again here on ATS, but I changed the page, and when I pressed the "Back" button the ad has changed (as it normally does)

The reason I'm posting this thread is because only now, after I saw the ad today, and changed the page (only to go back to the previous page to unsuccessfully try to see the ad again), I finally realized something was wrong...

Can you see what is wrong here?

Wikipedia for you:

Some time before 9:30 a.m. EST on Friday, December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza fatally shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, age 52, with a .22 Marlin rifle at their Newtown home.[13] Investigators later found her body, clad in pajamas, in her bed with four gunshot wounds to her head.[5] Adam Lanza then drove his mother's car to Sandy Hook Elementary School.[12][13]

At about 9:35 a.m., using his mother's Bushmaster XM-15,[4][6] Lanza shot his way through a locked glass door at the front of the school.[20][21] He was wearing black clothing, earplugs and an olive green utility vest carrying magazines for the Bushmaster.[22][23] Initial reports that he had been wearing body armor were incorrect.[24] Some of those present heard initial shots on the school intercom system, which was being used for morning announcements.[17]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I remember seeing that ad on ATS in late November:

It's 9:00 AM - Do you know where your kids are?

I remember seeing that ad in late November and thinking there was something VERY creepy about it, but I didn't mention it to anyone, and forgot about the subject...

Only now I realized what was wrong...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
wow...

Look at this web page and tell me what you think:

www.askthejudge.info...

Page title (in the title bar of the browser): Playing Hooky

Text:

"Unexcused absences from school is not a new trend. Ditching or playing hooky is an age-old problem that’s generated little buzz in most communities.

(...)

New York City has been battling truancy for many years. In 2012, a new program called “It’s 9:00 a.m.: Do You Know Where Your Kids Are?” was begun. It’s an effort to involve parents in their children’s education and future. Statistics have shown that the graduation rate of students who miss more than 20 days a school-year diminishes."

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

No? For whatever reason, even copy pasting the link doesn't work for me. I am on Android mobile. Care to post the pic or comment further? If i hold down on the link it juat shows SO's background.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by GLontra

No? For whatever reason, even copy pasting the link doesn't work for me. I am on Android mobile. Care to post the pic or comment further? If i hold down on the link it juat shows SO's background.

It's an ad that says:

It's 9:00 AM - Do you know where your kids are?

I remember seeing that ad on ATS in late November, and it gave me chills... Now I understand why...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Apparently, it was a campaign started by the City of New York in May 2012:

Bloomberg hopes to arm parents in fight against truancy, chronic absenteeism

NEW YORK -- Mayor Michael Bloomberg today ratcheted up his war against truancy and chronic absenteeism in the city public school system, launching a new public ad blitz to inform parents that students who routinely miss class are more likely to drop out.

The campaign -- which was announced today during a press conference in Queens -- is designed to encourage parents and guardians to reinforce the consequences of repeated absences from school.

Students who miss 20 or more days in a single year have a dramatically reduced chance of graduation, officials said.

(...)

The ads were created pro bono by advertising agency Publicis New York, with the support of AT&T and the Ad Council, and ask: "It's 9:00 AM do you know where your kids are?"

They encourage New Yorkers to call 311 or text "SCHOOL" to 30364 for more information and users will be prompted to log onto SchoolEveryDayNYC.org, a resource that includes a Truancy & Absenteeism Help Center.

Bloomberg announced that the New York, Brooklyn and Queens Public Libraries have joined the campaign to reduce absenteeism, a partnership that kicks off with the May 19 workshops -- known as School Every Day. The program brings DOE employees to public libraries in all five boroughs to help with resources.

source: www.silive.com...

I just wonder why this ad was "served" to ATS users by the automatic ad servers...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hmmm...

"A non-emergency telephone number 3-1-1 is a special N-1-1 telephone number in many communities in Canada and the United States that provides quick, easy-to-remember access to non-emergency municipal services or a Citizen Service Center. Dialing this number allows city residents (only in certain cities) to obtain important non-emergency services through a central, all-purpose phone number quickly and effectively.

3-1-1 is intended in part to divert routine inquiries and non-urgent community concerns from the emergency 9-1-1 number. A promotional website for 3-1-1 in Akron described the distinction as follows: "Burning building? Call 9-1-1. Burning Question? Call 3-1-1."

Its first use for this purpose was in Baltimore, Maryland, where the service commenced on 2 October 1996. 3-1-1 is intended to connect callers to a call center that can be the same as the 9-1-1 call center, but with 3-1-1 calls assigned a secondary priority, answered only when no 9-1-1 calls are waiting. This system is intended to extend the system such that true emergency callers are answered quickly, without ringing or busy signals."

en.wikipedia.org...

Fukushima tsunami was surely a non-urgent issue, since it was in the other side of the world...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So, nobody saw this 9:00 AM ad here on ATS before December 14?

Only me?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Not quite sure what the point you are making is, but I think there equally could be a case for an add saying

"It's 9PM, Do you know where your kids are?"

In the UK if your child is late for school (can't remember the time window for lateness, though it is less for primary than it is for high school), you will get a phonecall or sms message informing you that your child has not arrived at school.
This is primarily for safety so that if anything bad has happened to the child on the way to school, both parents and school are alerted and can do something about it. Can't say I have a problem with this.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Oh my god. They are talking about school kids, and .. You're right!

It's like the universes are colliding, an santa isnt in either one of them.

What ever shall we do with this amazing find?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Amazing...

I started a thread to ask WHO ELSE saw this ad on ATS before December 14, and even before anyone confirmed seeing the ad, the "debunkers" are here already, trying to "debunk" something...

Incredible...

So, let me ask again: who else saw that ad on ATS before December 14?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Sorry haven't seen it. When you saw it before,
did you click to see what it was about, or were
you not 'creeped out' enough?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It was servd to ATS because they paid for advertisement. It is among thousands of other ads that get served to ATS.

I am still not seeing the link here to Sandy Hook. That tragedy happened at 9:30.

Seems to be reaching a bit.

In the picture on the link, the finger is pointing to Nov. 13, Columbus Day, and says "no school". Most are out that day.

It's an anti-truancy campaign. I am not seeing the "chilling" part here? Perhaps it is just me?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I was writing my reply before you posted the question.

Can't say I was aware of the ad though and just because there was an ad about truancy I don't really see what that has to do with the Sandy Hook case.

I was not 'debunking' anything, just didn't understand the significance of the point you are trying to make.

Edit: Just looking back at your posts to see that after 6 fairly large sized posts it was not until your 7th post did you ask the question 'was it only you who noticed the posts on ATS before Dec 14th'
Maybe had you asked that in your FIRST you would have had an answer from the ATS community rather than you thinking everyone is trying to 'debunk' what you are saying when we are just not seeing what you are asking.
edit on 7-1-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
So, nobody saw this 9:00 AM ad here on ATS before December 14?

Only me?

Honestly. I don't note the date and time I see adds.

I do recall seeing a thread about the campaign at some point, IIRC.

Have you searched for it?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure about ATS, but probably many a New Yorker has seen the ad.

Using the resources of these 3 vendors alone we were able to secure placements on 289 bus shelters, 100 newsstands and 310 phone kiosks. These PSAs were posted this past August – prior to the school year in an effort to get parents to start thinking about the importance of attendance. The MTA who manages transit advertising in NYC were also huge supporters of the campaign. The MTA committed placement of 4,000 in-bus PSAs and 500 subway station placements. Between September and October 2012, the MTA is issuing 5 million metro cards in NYC subway stations that feature the PSA. We also worked with an alternative media company, BriteMedia to distribute 117,000 coffee sleeves to cafes in areas of the city that have the worst school truancy rates. In addition to the PSAs, the campaign produced over 5,000 posters and 50,000 postcards which were distributed directly to parents through New York City government agencies and libraries.
www.adlibbing.org

The image link you posted was part of the metro card campaign.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by GLontra

I didn't need to click, I already knew what it was about (about truancy), only by reading the small letters in the ad.

I was creeped because I'm not any naive idiot, and I was SURE that ad wasn't there for "no reason"...

Too bad I didn't start a thread at that time, before it was too late...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Campaign created by "Publicis New York" in May 2012...

And then in July 2012:

Publicis N.Y. Merges With Kaplan Thaler
Agency siblings create new U.S. flagship

July 12 2012

Publicis New York and corporate sibling Kaplan Thaler Group—seeking additional scale and resources for their respective agencies—are merging operations to create a new U.S. flagship, Publicis Kaplan Thaler, for the Paris-based global network.

Linda Kaplan Thaler, CEO and chief creative officer at KTG, is assuming the role of chairman at the combined agency. Her colleague Robin Koval, president at KTG, will become CEO and replaces Publicis N.Y. chief Joe McCarthy, a former Johnson & Johnson worldwide marketing exec who is leaving the agency. Rob Feakins, president and CCO at Publicis N.Y., will continue in that role.

source: www.adweek.com...

I wonder what happened to Mr. Joe McCarthy after he lost his job...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by GLontra

I didn't need to click, I already knew what it was about (about truancy), only by reading the small letters in the ad.

I was creeped because I'm not any naive idiot, and I was SURE that ad wasn't there for "no reason"...

Too bad I didn't start a thread at that time, before it was too late...

Ok then. What reason was it there for. Enlighten us niave idiots.

What thread would you have started?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've kept seeing it on ATS since June at least.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join