It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else has seen this ad on ATS before December 14?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunglower
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

at 9pm? I've never seen this ad. I block them, but the slogan has been around FOREVER. It really is nothing new. People are making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

It says 9 AM

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Paid shills and "debunkers" JUMP into the thread and start giving stars to each other...So predictable...

LMAO! This post alone proves your ineptitude. If it was "so predictable," you would've made that "prediction" in your first post.

That thread would have saved lives...Too bad I didn't start it...

Oh noes! The world revolves and is run by you?

Anyway, it started before 10:00 AM, and that's enough to create a connection.

"Enough" is not enough.
You have to have solid proof to constitute a fact. As far as connections, you are really reaching for something that's not there.

I give up.
ATS is the paid shills paradise.
No more posts on this thread.

/thread

(and by the way: the ad WAS a warning about Sandy Hook massacre, no matter what you say).

Oh nice. You punked out! LMAO!

You are obviously not fit to survive the real world. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Absolutely. The campaign started in the 1960's, ran during the nightly news in the 1970's, and 1980's. It was designed as was stated, to give parents pause to think about where their kids were before bedtime.

Over the years, the slogan has been adopted to multiple campaigns, to include the one in the OP.

I suppose the reason most of us find it innocuous is because we remember it from one point or another while growing up.

Without being rude to the OP, certainly you must be old enough to remember this campaign. I am thinking it just struck an old memory arousing that old feeling of unease these campaigns were designed to induce.

Perhaps, as a child, you heard this during the nightly news one night, and realized your own mortality. It bears an honest examining, at least.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

We in the UK are also used to it, but we had drummed into us during evening Ad breaks on the TV from the late 80's onwards as I recall. Never batted an eyelid at the ATS ad talking about where your children are during the morning, I'm suprised the UK hasn't adopted such a thing though considering parents can be slung into jail and fined heftily for school truancy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I honestly and respectfully see no correlation between a random ad campaign and a school shooting that happened at a significantly different time than mentioned in the ad.
The fact that the shooting began somewhere between 9 an 10 AM is far from conclusive evidence. Many shootings have occurred in that timeframe. It's when the majority of schools have started classes.

<< 1  2   >>

join