Who else has seen this ad on ATS before December 14?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Paid shills and "debunkers" JUMP into the thread and start giving stars to each other...

So predictable...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by GLontra

Sorry haven't seen it. When you saw it before,
did you click to see what it was about, or were
you not 'creeped out' enough?

I didn't need to click, I already knew what it was about (about truancy), only by reading the small letters in the ad.

I was creeped because I'm not any naive idiot, and I was SURE that ad wasn't there for "no reason"...

Too bad I didn't start a thread at that time, before it was too late...

Ok then. What reason was it there for. Enlighten us niave idiots.

What thread would you have started?

I could have started a thread like "What you think about this ad that keeps popping up on ATS pages?" and asked if anyone else found it creepy and strange...

That thread would have saved lives...

Too bad I didn't start it...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
It was servd to ATS because they paid for advertisement. It is among thousands of other ads that get served to ATS.

I am still not seeing the link here to Sandy Hook. That tragedy happened at 9:30.

Seems to be reaching a bit.

In the picture on the link, the finger is pointing to Nov. 13, Columbus Day, and says "no school". Most are out that day.

It's an anti-truancy campaign. I am not seeing the "chilling" part here? Perhaps it is just me?

There are many contradictory reports about the time the shooting started.

There were reports of people hearing shots as early as 9:15 AM

Anyway, it started before 10:00 AM, and that's enough to create a connection.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Paid shills and "debunkers" JUMP into the thread and start giving stars to each other...

So predictable...

/eye roll

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by GLontra

Sorry haven't seen it. When you saw it before,
did you click to see what it was about, or were
you not 'creeped out' enough?

I didn't need to click, I already knew what it was about (about truancy), only by reading the small letters in the ad.

I was creeped because I'm not any naive idiot, and I was SURE that ad wasn't there for "no reason"...

Too bad I didn't start a thread at that time, before it was too late...

Could you make me understand why you say no reason, what is advertisement for if there is no reason behind it?

What is creepy is you thinking a thread on ATS would serve any purpose other than to stroke your own ego,

Maybe I am interpreting what your saying wrong so sorry if I have.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I give up.

ATS is the paid shills paradise.

No more posts on this thread.

/thread

(and by the way: the ad WAS a warning about Sandy Hook massacre, no matter what you say).

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't see the connection. This is an advertisement for truency at school. It's about getting kids TO school on time. If anything, you'd want you kids to NOT be at school the day the massacre happended. So, NO, there is no connection other than the one you think you see that's not there.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

That thread would have saved lives...

care to elaborate on this statement, are you claiming responsibility for your non action,

Seriously how could you know that lets say 3 years ago when driving and coming to an intersection you went left instead of right that you would exist now, you cant unless you wish to claim omnipresence and other godly abilities.

It seems that this event has affected you and you feel some guilt over not following intuition, its just the trials and tribulations of life we all go through as humans when experiencing such horrors.

All I am saying is you should not convince yourself one way or another and wait as time will allow one understand their own and others actions.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I give up.

/thread

(and by the way: the ad WAS a warning about Sandy Hook massacre, no matter what you say).

The "ad"vertisement was a paid PSA that was likely keyword triggered by posts about truancy issues in NY.

How does an advertisement about NY truancy get linked to a Connecticut shooting months later?

It boggles the mind. Truly.

Btw, if I am a paid shill, I demand my pay. Retroactively, please.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I give up.

/thread

Let it be as the Beetles sang,

Was the Ad a warning or manipulation to make sure no kids are away from school so more casualties if its all false the story we've been given and something a lot more sinister is going on.

Or literally a warning about the school shooting in which I am struggling to see the connections so if you could expand your thoughts we could discuss either agreeing or disagreeing on points brought up,

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

So predictable...

Just for the record, I am NOT a paid or unpaid shill nor a debunker. If I get the point of a thread and can add something to it I will, however, if the thread is unclear as to what it is about and / or is trying to connect things where there is no apparent connection then I will ask for clarification and state that I don't see the point being made.
That is not debunking it is requesting clarification from the OP so others and myself know what is trying to be discussed.

I see I am not the only one who does not see your point.

I also think you are very wrong about the 'stars' giving between shills and debunkers. I found that quite a surprising statement.
Ever thought that maybe people give stars as a way of saying 'I agree with your statement' a bit like 'likes' on facebook. It doesn't really mean a lot, just a way of someone agreeing with you without having to write it in a post.

There are PLENTY things going on out there to be paranoid/ worried about without looking for things to be paranoid and worry about, that are in fact, nothing to be paranoid/worried about.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

AGAIN - - how was a rational person supposed to look at that ad and conclude : i will prevent my child adending sandy hook school on the date of the shooting

also - what EXACTLY would you have posted in a " warning thread " ??? and hopw many sandy hook parents would have even read - and if they did - why would they act on it ????

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The slogan 'It's [such and such] time. Do you know where your children are?' has been around for decades. I don't even know the origin of it since it's been around longer than I've been alive.

Way, way too coincidental... and I'm the type who loves to put stock into foreshadowing like Simpon's 9/11 stuff. But I don't see anything going on with this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

and by the way: the ad WAS a warning about Sandy Hook massacre, no matter what you say)

I suggest you turn off your computer and go have a lie down in a darkened room or maybe just go for a walk.

For some strange reason you've obviously been thinking about this far too much and have come to some bizarre and nonsensical conclusions.

Not to be rude, but none of what you have posted makes much sense at all.

You shouldn't have made this thread if you couldn't handle being criticized.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So what's the big conspiracy here? 9:00 is during school hours, and the add is asking parents if they know where their kids are... are they sure they are at school, or are they elsewhere. I think you are really digging for something that isn't there.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

at 9pm? I've never seen this ad. I block them, but the slogan has been around FOREVER. It really is nothing new. People are making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
Not quite sure what the point you are making is, but I think there equally could be a case for an add saying

"It's 9PM, Do you know where your kids are?"

In the UK if your child is late for school (can't remember the time window for lateness, though it is less for primary than it is for high school), you will get a phonecall or sms message informing you that your child has not arrived at school.
This is primarily for safety so that if anything bad has happened to the child on the way to school, both parents and school are alerted and can do something about it. Can't say I have a problem with this.

Yeah same policy when I was growing up in Ohio..

And that ad was designed to "creep" parents out and get them to wonder if they know for sure that their child is doing what they're supposed to and going go school

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Absolutely. The campaign started in the 1960's, ran during the nightly news in the 1970's, and 1980's. It was designed as was stated, to give parents pause to think about where their kids were before bedtime.

Over the years, the slogan has been adopted to multiple campaigns, to include the one in the OP.

I suppose the reason most of us find it innocuous is because we remember it from one point or another while growing up.

Without being rude to the OP, certainly you must be old enough to remember this campaign. I am thinking it just struck an old memory arousing that old feeling of unease these campaigns were designed to induce.

Perhaps, as a child, you heard this during the nightly news one night, and realized your own mortality. It bears an honest examining, at least.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It is on a MetroCard. Maybe it is so parents can go on a website and check that their children got on the right bus/train to go to school and if they went on another bus/train to somewhere else, they could track them down and get them to school. Big Momma/Daddy is watching you.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

OK...

I can't find a better image that this one:

i.ebayimg.com/t/METROCARD-RARE-AD-Its-9-00am-Do-you-know-where-your-kids-are-/00/s/NzIwWDExNjk=/$%28KGrHqFHJE4E+zoVUltKBQZmJTETZQ~~60_35.JPG

(copy and paste the URL)

I have seen this ad here on ATS many times BEFORE December 14, 2012, and I remember I found it very creepy...

Today I saw this ad again here on ATS, but I changed the page, and when I pressed the "Back" button the ad has changed (as it normally does)

The reason I'm posting this thread is because only now, after I saw the ad today, and changed the page (only to go back to the previous page to unsuccessfully try to see the ad again), I finally realized something was wrong...

Can you see what is wrong here?

Wikipedia for you:

Some time before 9:30 a.m. EST on Friday, December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza fatally shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, age 52, with a .22 Marlin rifle at their Newtown home.[13] Investigators later found her body, clad in pajamas, in her bed with four gunshot wounds to her head.[5] Adam Lanza then drove his mother's car to Sandy Hook Elementary School.[12][13]

At about 9:35 a.m., using his mother's Bushmaster XM-15,[4][6] Lanza shot his way through a locked glass door at the front of the school.[20][21] He was wearing black clothing, earplugs and an olive green utility vest carrying magazines for the Bushmaster.[22][23] Initial reports that he had been wearing body armor were incorrect.[24] Some of those present heard initial shots on the school intercom system, which was being used for morning announcements.[17]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Well.. except for the fact there is no evidence he actually used the bushmaster in the attack and there is evidence and video evidence (specifically a nbc video that shows a police officer pulling the bushmaster from the trunk and making sure there were no cartridges in it) that they pulled a bushmaster out of a black Honda after the shooting. There is also no evidence that any windows were shot out.. has anyone actually seen a photo of any window or entry way that was shot out? There have been officials who have said recently the bushmaster was not used in the attack as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join