It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Odd on the Moon at 4:00 am on 1-5-2013

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yeah I'd say it looks like a kind of tower too. And isn't it convenient and even very lame/transparent/insulting/twisted, that they immediately invent a camera explanation that anything you would see is an inverted crater high.

Yup, well its certainly a high point, just not what they say, because that is a tower!!!

Beyond absurd.

This post nailed it www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Interesting find! Though hard to tell its origin.

I'm planning to take a look myself and see if I can come up with anything!

edit on 7-1-2013 by isado because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The top is a snapshot from the video in question,
the bottom is a higher resolution image of the part of the moon in question, at approximately the same moon phase...

As you can see (and as mentioned earlier by ntech) its just part of the Montes Apenninus mountain range that he is seeing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
reply to post by Human_Alien

Well after looking at a map of the moon and assuming the 2 visible craters are Copernicus and Eratosthenes then what the tower could be is Mons Wolff. A tall mountain. 35 Km or 21 mile high mountain

Wikipedia

you got criss-crossed!

its 21 miles wide
and around 3 miles high

Edit - heres the mountains within the range

Mons Wolff
Mons Ampère
Mons Huygens, often listed as the highest mountain on the Moon (though not the highest point)
Mons Bradley
Mons Hadley Delta
Mons Hadley

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-1-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

B......E.......A........UTIFUL
perfect factual proof!
star for you

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Now that was awesome, Looks like someone taking a stroll on the moon.

Pretty cool...

Now to go read the thread to hear the Lens flare theory.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Oops. My bad. It was 5: 00 in the morning when I posted. Posting when half asleep is probably a bad thing. But what he was filming was the last rays of the sunset bouncing off Mons Wolff and possibly other peaks in the area.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ok...

I get the whole thing with it being classed as the same as a very large mountain..

But this is one of the strangest (alleged) mountain angles I've ever seen

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I get the whole thing with it being classed as the same as a very large mountain..

Not quite.
Not "a" large mountain, but the tops of several large mountains in a line.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Did it look at all like a radio tower to you?

I cant stop seeing one now that I first identified it as a a radio tower.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Now that was awesome, Looks like someone taking a stroll on the moon.

Pretty cool...

Now to go read the thread to hear the Lens flare theory.

Not quite the lens flare theory but close. It's the deep into the bowels of the crater -verses- Sunlight refraction.

Seems the Sun reflects his light back into the atmosphere (even though there isn't supposed to be much of an atmosphere according to NASA) which then bends after bouncing off the edge of this deep crater

And this phenomena seems to be quite exaggerated to the point of looking like a tower (which has long been rumored to exist far before this video) on this otherwise non-conspiratorial, calm and copacetic place called our Moon!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

As you can see (and as mentioned earlier by ntech) its just part of the Montes Apenninus mountain range that he is seeing.

And what prefect place to erect a tower.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No crater, mountains. Beyond the terminator only high enough elevations reflect the light. No atmosphere or light bending involved.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Firstly because this guy is not a hoaxer.

First I have to ask how you came to this conclusion?

So that narrows down the conspiracy field a lot.

Secondly, how does that narrow the conspiracy field?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Firstly because this guy is not a hoaxer.

First I have to ask how you came to this conclusion?

So that narrows down the conspiracy field a lot.

Secondly, how does that narrow the conspiracy field?

Ya for real?

If you know something is REALLY there, one doesn't have to waste 10-pages and millions of brain cells figuring out how someone applied an App or.... used CGI'd and retaining and relying on exif information.
If we know it's there then that alleviates a host of other unnecessary possibilities (did I really need to explain that? Wow!)

How do I know he's not a hoaxer? Because there are plenty of them right here to compare him to. Plus, I've followed him quite a bit and one gets to know motives, habits and honesty after a while. Call me insightful and gifted!

edit on 8-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

No crater, mountains. Beyond the terminator only high enough elevations reflect the light. No atmosphere or light bending involved.

Thanks

But I guess it depends which post I read when citing what examples.

And because of this uncertainty (opposed to cooperative consensuses) is why I remain unsure.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And because of this uncertainty (opposed to cooperative consensuses) is why I remain unsure.

Which is an excellent reason to see it for yourself.
Its always a good idea to go outside at night and learn some astronomy.
Binoculars will be enough to get started.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Are we looking for the facts or for consensus? Have you looked at the images that show the mountains?

I think you're perspective is being thrown off by this 2D image of a 3D structure.

At least we all agree that the Moon is rotating, slowly but surely..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Are we looking for the facts or for consensus? Have you looked at the images that show the mountains?

I think you're perspective is being thrown off by this 2D image of a 3D structure.

At least we all agree that the Moon is rotating, slowly but surely..

I also believed the Moon had no atmosphere. I also believed the Moon had no water. I also believed the Moon was barren. I also believed there were nine planets. I also believed there was just one star. I also believed we rotated and orbit opposed to spiral. I also believed every planted required a star. I also believed we were the only ones who exists. I also believed in Adam and Eve. I also believed to trust authority. I also believed in history. I now realize, everything is an opinion.

So we're seeing a distorted image of a mountain on the Moon?
I'll leave that as a possibility not fact.

Until Humans conclusively know about their own planet, I'd be remiss not to consider the source of those taking opinions (as educated as they are) and anointing them as facts. Because in 500 years we're all going to look arrogantly foolish anyway. And so it goes...........................

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Because in 500 years we're all going to look arrogantly foolish anyway. And so it goes...........................

Is funny 'cause is true, but we all know some people will feel attacked and insulted by the truth, they can't handle it, so they take care of covering every possible bit of the unknown with an explanation, which they will fight with their lives to preserve.

At which point the need to learn and discover turns into the need to protect what is considered "truth" and hide anything new that endangers the current "reality"? i wonder how many have fallen into that, most modern scientists forgot how to discover and venture, they only repeat what they were told, following the same path one after the other.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join