It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Odd on the Moon at 4:00 am on 1-5-2013

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ugh. I don't know where to post this and....hope I'm not duplicating an already active thread (that I can't seem to find when I searched it out) so....

I love these videos. Firstly because this guy is not a hoaxer. So that narrows down the conspiracy field a lot.
So, what is this? I don't know much about telescope anomalies and what if any illusions they can throw off when used with a camera (like 'lens flares') so I would love to hear what you think.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Its the high edge of a crater, lit by the sun.
Exactly the same phenomenon as described in this thread a few weeks back...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I love these videos.

What, poor quality video's of what looks like someone with a very bad case of the dt's!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Probably a mountain that sticks up high enough to reflect some sunlight. There are several mountains up there that are close to three miles tall, so with it being right on the line between light and dark, that's my guess.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks Human_Alien for posting the video by the "old marine". He seems sincere enough, doesn't know what it is. It is just unfortunatel that he could not have used his tripod to stablize the camera. I heard him mention he had a tripod. With that said, the image in question was right in the cusp of the horizon where the sun was hitting. There appeared to be a crater directly in front of the 'outcropping'. Maybe just a hill, rock formation as a couple of guesses. Certainly our eyes play tricks and then throw in an unstable camera video, makes it difficult to form an opinion

I give him credit, he said it was 4am in the morning and he was cold. Could also hear a train whistle a couple of times in the background.

Strictly on the humourous side, perhaps it was a real estate sign? I hear sales are rather slow up there!

edit on 6-1-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Its the high edge of a crater, lit by the sun.
Exactly the same phenomenon as described in this thread a few weeks back...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay. You may be right but for the lay-people in the bunch (me) can you tell us (me) how that works? If the Sun is below and off to the east of the Moon, how is it able to bend down into a crater and project the light upward?
I'm not understanding the concept.
Thanks
and thanks for the earlier thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Probably a mountain that sticks up high enough to reflect some sunlight. There are several mountains up there that are close to three miles tall, so with it being right on the line between light and dark, that's my guess.

Now that I can understand however, why wouldn't that be more known to amateur astronomers such as The Old Marine? He's been at this for a while.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Thanks

You do realize your humor is kinda factual, right? If the US can impose a no-fly zone on the Moon, you best believe they feel they own it so they'll be the first to start selling it off! (I am so embarrassed to be an American).

Originally posted by hellobruce

I love these videos.

What, poor quality video's of what looks like someone with a very bad case of the dt's!

There's always a resident critic in the crowd!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Looked like some kinda radio tower on the edge of the crater towards the dark side. Thats what we're looking at right? The crater?

I dont know but it is interesting. Hope Im looking at the right area. Weird, there;s probably an easy explanation. But I dont have one

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah I'd say it looks like a kind of tower too. And isn't it convenient and even very lame/transparent/insulting/twisted, that they immediately invent a camera explanation that anything you would see is an inverted crater high.

Yup, well its certainly a high point, just not what they say, because that is a tower!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yeah I'd say it looks like a kind of tower too. And isn't it convenient and even very lame/transparent/insulting/twisted, that they immediately invent a camera explanation that anything you would see is an inverted crater high.

Yup, well its certainly a high point, just not what they say, because that is a tower!!!

I wish you weren't so reserved in your opinions and just say what you mean once in a while Unity_99

Yeah, conventional explanation can be very mundane at times but, like you infer, it doesn't mean it's always right although Occam might disagree!
Say, with asteroid DA14 coming between us and Moon next month, maybe it'll lob that sucker, er 'tower' off !

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hard to make a shape out of the shakiness, but it appears to be above the moon from my perspective. Watched it on a 50" LCD and I could almost make out what looks like 2 pyramids, 1 pointing up, the other down.

A tower several miles high would look similar. Doesn't look like a tip of a mountain to me.

ETA: Extremely hard to get clear frames out of this video. It's shaky and he keeps moving side to side, took a while to get a few decent frames...

Hard to say, possibly 2 pointed mountainous tips still in sunlight?
The colors seem to be different from the landscape.

edit on 7-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: added frames

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Looked like some kinda radio tower on the edge of the crater towards the dark side. Thats what we're looking at right? The crater?

I dont know but it is interesting. Hope Im looking at the right area. Weird, there;s probably an easy explanation. But I dont have one

Hi my friend

Yeah, the tower-like apparition in the middle of Moon (that for the life of me, I can't comprehend to be a crater)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Star & flag, just a guy goofing with his telescope, one thing for sure, it ain't swamp gas, ball lighting or a weather balloon!... sorry not a UFO! but someone with great authority will debunk it, and sad to say right here on ATS! Oh I know, lets call it a light anomaly, that re-fractured from the lens of his telescope... nothing here to see folks... move along.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by laughingdog

Star & flag, just a guy goofing with his telescope, one thing for sure, it ain't swamp gas, ball lighting or a weather balloon!... sorry not a UFO! but someone with great authority will debunk it, and sad to say right here on ATS! Oh I know, lets call it a light anomaly, that re-fractured from the lens of his telescope... nothing here to see folks... move along.

Well here's the thing too, how can something (a crater) horizontally round turn into something vertically elongated?
I'm missing the illusionary effect here.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
well, i have just woken up to read this thread and how weird...i just woke from a dream where i was observing moon anomalies similar to this through my telescope!! i am now officially creeped out! =) good find OP!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by laughingdog

Well here's the thing too, how can something (a crater) horizontally round turn into something vertically elongated?
I'm missing the illusionary effect here.
Great post, loved the video, very interesting!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

He may have just not realized that he was looking at a mountain. It should be known to an amateur astronomer, but the way it was shaking, he might have just not realized it.

As for the crater, craters are tall as well as long. The impact pushes part of the moon up even as it pushes down, if that makes sense. You get a raised lip, and the floor of it is pressed down.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Well after looking at a map of the moon and assuming the 2 visible craters are Copernicus and Eratosthenes then what the tower could be is Mons Wolff. A tall mountain. 35 Km or 21 mile high mountain

Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
DUDE, It' a Chinese Lantern... Man
dont you guys know anything!!!!!

Interesting thats for sure, anyone here have a good
telescope? maybe have a member go out tonight and
try to get the same image but still *lol*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join