It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs a dictator.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

EXACTLY!

The only reason people get in to politics these days is because it is profitable. If it wasn't, they would be doing something else.

Put them on minimum wage and watch all the rats jump ship.

It's the very rare one or two that actually give damn and want to fix things.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TitorelliP
One word, Antichrist.

three letters, N W O

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Lose the congressional crap, lose the concept of the presidency, and replace them with a panel of actual educated experts. No law should be passed by someone who doesn't understand it, or who ignores scientific fact. Politicians are actors, not learned men. What America (and the rest of the world) needs is to get away from giving power to the orators and rabble-rousers, and hand it over to the people who understand what they're doing. In short, the whole movement of appealing to the lowest common denominator, the anti-intellectualism all needs to stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Don't care what person comes to a decision lightly, or with deep thought. Evil thoughts should never be entertained and there are many who will not endure fascism, but would lose their lives. So think deeply on this. Because you are sold out, doesn't give you the right to support hell on earth for others. But for all the innocents that would go down refusing to participate, or even resisting, you will be accountable if you willingly OK it, along with Murder Incorporated ruling this world unlawfully, and unjustly.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Part of the problem is that our law makers are given a 300 page bill with 30 minutes to read it before the vote on average and I know that they have staff who can read it for them but they still have to understand the proposed legislation in front of them and not just vote the "party line" as expected.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I think you'd have to take money out of the whole thing, then you might be able to start on removing the corruption. Personally I'd like that, but you'd have one hell of a fight. There are a lot of influential, powerful people who have worked their whole lives to earn the amount of money they have, who won't give it up lightly. Good luck though.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
america has always had 1 ever since kennedys assasination

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Oh yea, thats all we need. A dictator wraped in an american flag and full of "Patriotism".....come to restore america.

There were conspiracy theorists 40 years ago talking about how things would get "so bad" in america that they would beg for a strong man dictator to come in and "fix" the problem.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Part of the problem is that our law makers are given a 300 page bill with 30 minutes to read it before the vote on average and I know that they have staff who can read it for them but they still have to understand the proposed legislation in front of them and not just vote the "party line" as expected.

Which in effect means that "some else" is running this country.

Did you hear John Boehner in effect tell all those fresh guns in that party not to come up in here and bla bla bla like they were anything and "there is the door behind you"? Did you hear that?

I would tell him that as an elected rep my first answer is to those that elected me and he can take his party and self and shove it up his a##.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Lose the congressional crap, lose the concept of the presidency, and replace them with a panel of actual educated experts. No law should be passed by someone who doesn't understand it, or who ignores scientific fact. Politicians are actors, not learned men. What America (and the rest of the world) needs is to get away from giving power to the orators and rabble-rousers, and hand it over to the people who understand what they're doing. In short, the whole movement of appealing to the lowest common denominator, the anti-intellectualism all needs to stop.

Or rather why dont these experts run for office? They might have to go to work everday in a hazmat suit and hip boots.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I kind of agree.

I would not want to BE the dictator you speak of, but I would support such a person. He would have to have a little more to him than promises of doing this or that when given absolute power. He would have to be that special sort of person that only comes around once or twice in a whole generation that is not the "greatest" charismatic person, or has the "greatest" intellect, but has a true heart of gold.

I am not saying I want a saint or a morally perfect person. I want an honest REAL person. This person would detest falsehoods and "images". He would smoke on camera, cuss when appropriate, be humble to elders, be a gentleman to most people, a brute with others. He would be kind, but hard. He command respect but would be approachable, real.

I would support a person who had a real sense of balance to his world view. Some one who avoided labels to himself, was a universal person, was not afraid to take some heat for the greater good, was not afraid to do the right thing and damn the consequences.

He would not be likable to most politicians or upscale people, though he would speak their language and know their world. He would not like them, but would respect them and be respected by them.

He would not be particularly liked by common people either nor would he really like most of them. He would understand their world having come from it and would know what it feels like to walk in their shoes. Truly know. He would respect them and be respected by them.

He would have one purpose in mind. He would restore the country to its democratic principals. He would not be obsessed with taking drastic measures to ensure nothing bad EVER happens. He would focus on fixing his generations problems. He would make a lasting change in the form of his example. He would set a new standard for public office, not just in the US but to the world.

HE would be a true human and think of his species and its lasting survival. He would educate his people, motivate them and give them a sense of purpose. HE would be a man of vision who would be able to use everyone and everything. His master plan would not require for anyone to not participate or be removed. He would be able enough to see any people and find them a worthy and honorable purpose in their world.

Beyond him having talents, he would be able to see the potential in people. HE would judge people by what he could make them rather than by what they think they are. He would be busy and quick and motivated.

He would be very human. He would not be afraid to show his weakness or strength. He would be truly fearless and shameless.

Like I said, this sort of person comes around once or twice in a generation. The leader we speak of would need to be this person. I would not support any other in this capacity. The reason why is because this person would step down when his work was done. He would be mission oriented. He would not even exist to himself. He would be a servant to servants. He would not fancy himself their god or master. He would be a master of himself for them.

There are more attributes I could describe, but a general picture has been sufficiently painted I think.

Let him come. For him, my sovereign and for my people and my country I would live or die.

This persons banner I would carry high to where ever he sent me. To him alone I would swear my unending loyalty and service.

Thanks for the thread OP. It needed to be said and we seem to be out of sugar lately.

edit on 6-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

And just what august body amoung us should appoint such a man?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

He would find his way to power on his own. We would not have a choice. He would take power.

IMO, he would try the democratic process, his loss though he would have essentially won, would show the sham it is. So from land slide election in a rigged process to large social upheaval and public outcry he would be made leader.

Then in a similar fashion he would conspire to have himself ousted. He would be a political martyr and rig it so he himself was ousted once his work was complete. He would give the people their sense of power back. He would be hated in histories eyes, but would be a genius in that respect. He would save his people at the cost of his glory, THAT would be his vision.
edit on 6-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There are many things this country needs that a Dictator would be able to do, but as you stated in your OP, finding a man or woman that could be trusted to do these things and then lay down the power is problematical at best.

As laudable as you sentiments are, and I do understand where you are coming from, America does not need a single dictator. America needs the people to get off their @$$es take their noses out of the TV, Computer/IPad and phone, and physically (if necessary) remove all PAC’s and Lobbyists from their states Congress first then the Federal may be dealt with.

The State Governors would need grow a pair, stand up and declare the States rights and sovereignty over the Federal Government and activate the state militia if they have one, many states do.

Personally I would trust the combined branches of the Military (Marine Corps, Army, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard) to back the people in this before I would a single dictator. These men have sworn an oath to uphold and defend the constitution and I know most take that oath very seriously. I would expect them to defend the people from the intervention of the U.N. and or any other country. I would expect our individual states police forces and state militias to protect the people from the intervention of any “security companies” or mercenary forces.

There is no doubt that the American people need to send an unequivocal message to the Executive Branch, Judicial Branch and Congress that the Constitution, as written, stands, and that we will not relinquish any more of our rights and will take back the rights that have been usurped.

The Bureaucracies that think they run the country need to be reduced in size and scope or eliminated.
The USA PATRIOT Act and NDAA need to be revoked, all Executive Orders need to be revoked and outlawed as they do nothing but circumvent the checks and balances the founders put in place. The IRS and Federal Reserve need to be eliminated; with a smaller Federal Government they would no longer be needed.
The Department of Homeland Security and The Federal Emergency Management Agency are redundant and need to be eliminated; The National Guard, The State Militias and State Police Forces are mandated to fill these positions and are quite capable of doing so.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Satan has been the dictator of America for my entire life!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
For any nation a dictator who is for the people's rights, is incorruptible would be awesome. However the fact remains that power gets to people's mind. We're humans, we are easily corrupted. It's in our nature. Even if you could get one good dictator you can't be sure the next will be. The system will fall apart sooner or later and the people will be enslaved.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Did you have to use the word "dictator"? We don't need a dictator... we need a King.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

we have one.

the Constitution.

great collective minds brought it to life..

now, we need honest people

in the Government to back it up.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
How can you force liberty on someone? How can any one person have it all right? How can we guarantee this mythical human being won't have a change of heart after they have all the power?

Like you said, it's not possible. If it's not possible, it's not the only answer; it's not even an answer.
edit on 5-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

He's not mythical - his name is Ron Paul. He has a lifelong track record of benevolent leadership. He's about the only one I would trust with the job. Him or Ted Nugent.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
to have a dictator you must first have an army that stands with you. Our army takes an oath to defend the country both inside and out, there not doing a terribly great job of it. Though most of this activity falls within the realm of intelligence and arming the american people AGAINST a dictator. No we do not need another stupid moron dictator in this world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join