It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs a dictator.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TitorelliP

Or the second coming of Jesus or another messiah. Does anyone have a coin?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I know that Romney has the appearance of having sold out....BUT a) what were our choices? and b) I believe that he did things to try to get elected but truly has a good heart and once in office he would do what was best for the country and not some NWO agenda. I think that most people have the wrong opinion of him. Elliott Richardson has passed away but had the highest integrity and Ron Paul did not get the nomination (I wont go further).

edit on 5-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No, it certainly does not. Someone's coo coo for cocoa puffs.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I didn't say it was likely, or even probable.
Hey, allegedly George Washington managed it.

But it is the only solution to this mess.

Do you have a better idea?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think you have just pinpointed where we can find our benevolent dictator.

That "Unicorn" as you put it.

Oh well, we can hope and dream can't we?

(had you said something in between there about nominating someone? err.. it got lost in the mud..
)

Seriously though.. I don't know how we fix anything. Even if all my hopes and dreams for 2016 come true in the best case I think we can expect to see ....A 3rd party like Paul actually winning .... There lay a problem and it's pretty much what we both agree on with another cruel twist...

Running for office is a meat grinder that could make a Saint look like a the most detestable loser by the time they come out the bottom in pieces. As it happens, all we get are losers now..and isn't THAT really the problem? It's because of that meat grinder getting worse and more unforgiving than ever, and worse each cycle, that NO ONE worth running that we'd like to see will even consider toying with the idea. Why bother?? Even the winner comes out so muddy, they're seen as the lesser of two evils whether that's true or not. It just gets worse too.. Each election.

* Oh.. and Romney would have been better. Only by a HAIR. I'll tell ya why. Romney would have been a first termer thinking of winning a second term above and beyond all else in his decision making. Obama is now a lame duck with nothing to lose and a real power complex issue. As First term Presidents? They were equally bad... EITHER of them as a 2nd term lame duck? Well.. It's a slow motion train wreck, IMO.

link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I have heard that same position from many people on both sides.

Fact:
Republicans and Democrats have been running the show for as long as anyone can remember.

They have both failed miserably!

Yet everyone thinks their guy is going to be the one, and things will be different this time.

Sorry my friend, but Romney is just as much a corrupt, greedy scumbag as Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter....

Are you seeing a trend?

link   
I would much rather see a Triumvirate with absolute power. I wouldn't allow it to be a lifetime position for sure. On conservative, one liberal, and one person selected by lottery.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Romney a best bet
?!?!?!??!

We would be exactly where we are with Obama.

No thank you Sir.

23 of Romneys closest campaign advisors were recycled Bush administration hacks what you would of gotten is Project For a New American Century redux more wars and complete financial disaster.The problem is not who you vote for but the teams they build around them you mentioned the revolving doors of Sachs and Monsanto there are others its the same club that keeps getting recycled which means no new ideas and no new solutions.What you need is a candidate like Richard Branson a visionary leader that can build good teams you need the best and brightest from the corporate world and academia to come together to find new innovative solutions.Its the people you don't vote for that are the problem and each side has its own tired faces they recycle each time that you don't vote for its time for qualified people outside of this elite to fill cabinet and department head jobs.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Power most often spurs corruption, even a good person tends to go bad.

Totally Agree. Just like in George Orwell's "Animal Farm"

No country needs a Dictator - Every Country needs "Transparent Accountable Governance"

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Didn't the Romans have something along these lines?

Oh gee duh
That's were the word comes from.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

This is in my opinion how the Antichrist will come into power though I doubt his origin will be from the states. Finding a truly benevolent soul is next to impossible and our society is far too paranoid to give it a go.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Toss out all the current goverment and hold elections for every position in goverment. Every vote is physical and counted twice once by opposing sides and if they don't match recount. Corps can't donate to Polititians. That's a start. If Polititians fail to deliver on their promises they can voted out by the people and replaced. Basically a term length is up to the job you are doing. Each state must boot their respective official but one state can petition another to boot their official and then it's up to that state to follow through. If 26 out of 50 states petition to boot an official then the official gets the boot even without their state voting.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I doubt it would work, for a start how would a person get chosen to become a dictator? The chances are the most charismatic person would get chosen rather than the best, so a fantastic politician rather than a patriot. Plus once the dictator is sworn in that would be the end of the democracy, and it would take a world crisis to get it back.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Everyone that advises the president has the same training. Political tactics, no mater which party, follow a similar structure. The whole thing with pork barrel spending ought to be looked at. Using money we don't have to buy votes is bad. Congress itself wastes over half the money by allowing spending on unnecessary projects. City managers are hired on their ability to acquire federal and state funding to bring money into communities. I have seen a lot of wasted money on projects that did not need to be done. The problem is in the whole system, not just the Federal government. Another thing, agencies are required to spend their money every year in order to get the same amount or more in the future. What is the problem with these agencies saving this money in case something unexpected arises. They spend everything and allocate all the money in the beginning. Cities and states used to have positive balances, now they are all broke.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Last president First Dictator.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
We don`t need a dictator what we need is to take the profits out of politics.
Elected representatives should be paid minimum wage and a reasonable stipend for business expenses for when they are in session and working for the people.
No more paid lobbyist and professional politicians with golden parachutes.Take the profit out of politics and then we will see people running for office who are doing it because they actually care about the people and the country and aren`t just in it for the money.
We have too many lawyers and millionaires in politics, they are completely out of touch with how real people live.They can`t possibly know what is best for us because they aren`t one of us.
of the people, by the people and for the people,These professional politicians aren`t the people,we are the people.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I suppose I left a lot unsaid, so let me elaborate.

Once all the corrupt scumbags were ousted and prosecuted, new elections across the board would be held.
Minus lobbyists, MSM, PACs, special interests.

The vote would be physical.
People from other States would oversee and tally votes for another State.

All redundant and otherwise unnecessary, unconstitutional agencies would be disbanded.
Bases closed around the world, All wars immediately ceased.

FED = Gone
IRS = Gone

You can use your imagination from there...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

America needs a dictator.

America has a dictator.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The problem is that most Americans want a pat on the ass, and told that "Everything is going to be all right, don't you worry, the Govt. will take care of you"

What America NEEDS, is someone that is going to tell them "Hey America, You have seriously F'ed Up!, Everything is not OK. We can fix this, but it is going to be painful."

reply to post by Tardacus

I have said almost the exact same thing several times now.
Maybe one day people will get it.

reply to post by sonnny1

Not quite yet.

But we're getting there.

edit on 5-1-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I completely agree with politicians only making minimum wages... they are supposed to be there to better society, and most of them are have personal weath from a successful career prior to entering politics

getting rid of the lifetime pensions should be another thing addressed as well

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

I completely agree with politicians only making minimum wages... they are supposed to be there to better society, and most of them are have personal weath from a successful career prior to entering politics

getting rid of the lifetime pensions should be another thing addressed as well

We wouldn't have today's "so called" Politicians, if they were getting paid next to nothing. Its the ONLY reason why they are Politicians. Big Money, and the chance to make it. Pimps, and bad ones at it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join