It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs a dictator.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know many will think this is extreme. [color=3BB9FF]But rest assured I have not come to this conclusion lightly. I have been working this out for a few weeks now, and it seems to be the only real workable solution to what ails this nation. I understand that finding the correct person to entrust this power in would be very problematic. But the alternative is to continue on the path we are currently on, and no matter which side of the political spectrum you find yourself aligned with, not one of us is going to come out a winner.

The person we would need; [color=00FF00]Will have to be someone who would jam liberty and justice down America's throat, regardless of how much people screamed and moaned. They would have to be someone who would stand by the principals this country was founded on in the face of coercion, bribery, threats and whatever else the bought and paid for MSM throws at them. Above all, this person would need to be honest. I don't have to tell you how hard it is to find someone like that these days. On top of all that, we would have to be able to trust this person to lay down their power once the situation was fixed.

I don't think this is even possible. I don't believe for a second that it will ever happen either. But don't fool yourselves, this is the only answer.

Here are a few things that have led me to the conclusion I have come to.

The Govt., local, State, and Federal, no longer exists to serve the American people, it exists to generate revenue to fund itself. We live in a country where little kids get fined for not having a business license for their lemonade stand.

Just look at how deep the corruption is running through this country. It's mind bottling.
From the revolving doors of the big banks through the Treasury and the FEC. I mean come on, Geithner forgets to pay his taxes and they still make him the Secretary of the Treasury?, and don't forget about all of his Goldman Sachs buddies.

And that's just the financial side.
Don't forget about Monsanto and the FDA and USDA, that one just makes my head hurt.

Then there is the whole Left/Right thing, that effectively has the country split down the middle to the point that nothing gets accomplished. Despite the fact that both sides are equally corrupt, greedy scumbags. Most Americans nevertheless vote for whoever their TV tells them to vote for. Or whoever is going to give them the most taxpayer money and benefits.

And the economy, that we have let run completely into the ground to the point where it is unfixable, insolvent whatever you want to call it. I think everyone should be aware by this point that every fiat currency in human history has failed.
Our completely monstrously absurd tax code.

[color=FFFF00]That's right, 73,000 pages.

[color=82CAFA]Here are several threads that also make my point of why I believe this is necessary.
Ethos - A Political Documentary Regarding Corruption
DOD wasting taxpayer dollars.....again
The corruption of the FED bailouts exposed...
10 Corporations That Still Get New Gov't Contracts, Despite Alleged Misconduct
The Corruption In The US Justice System Project
Justice Department will not prosecute Goldman Sachs, employees for Abacus deal
U.S. slips to historic low in global corruption index

I know this is not the way America works. It goes against everything this country was founded on. It is fundamentally unacceptable, but it is the only way.

So ATS,
Am I completely off my rocker?
Do you think I am wrong?
Why?
Do you have a better idea?
Please share it
edit on 5-1-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

America needs a dictator...

America already HAS a dictator...

His name is Illuminati in case you haven't heard by now.

He's VERY much alive and well BTW...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have been saying this for years. America needs a dictator that truly has her best interests at heart. Good luck finding one as men (and women) that aspire to such positions are usually psychopaths......

Although I have had enough of House and Senate and left and right and pro-life pro-choice and republicans and democrats and and and.......

We need to reduce the number of people making decisions at the top. Kinda hard to avoid responsability for your actions if there are only one or two people doing the job.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How can you force liberty on someone? How can any one person have it all right? How can we guarantee this mythical human being won't have a change of heart after they have all the power?

Like you said, it's not possible. If it's not possible, it's not the only answer; it's not even an answer.
edit on 5-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
America's dictatorship has a puppet dictator

a lawless one

Refer to US as a democracy these days and persons are quick to correct you to some sort of republic, whatever

link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Meh, i doubt it would change much.
Id still be broke and wanting more while the higher ups keep getting more rich.
More thought police in the streets however, that wouldnt work for me.

link   
I would expect the second coming of Jesus to be the head of America before a president that really cares about the people. Hell the people don't even care about the people any more. There are more Americans in this country that would sign all of their rights away for 30 days of Internet service than stand up for their freedoms. I have seen it with my own eyes we are spineless and deserve everything the goverment is doing to us. As for a dictator find this miracle person and I'll personally roll out the red carpet to the oval office. Ron Paul would be my guess but hell he can't even make it on a ballot let alone get main stream media coverage that isn't bashing him. America is doomed, thank you Americans.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I can't say I haven't thought the same thing myself. I've also considered how nice it would be to convene a true Constitutional Convention and add a little meat to the bones of the current standing articles and amendments as that setting would allow in a unique way.

Then... I recall a rather unhappy fact and it just kills my otherwise happy day dream of a nation as cross between Arizona, Texas and Missouri in taking the best of each from the very conservative viewpoint and dumping the worst of the far left worldview of each ...to the extent it exists in those 3 places as a force to begin with. lol...

That fact is that my conservative side of the nation has about 30% I'd say for a number that are DIE hard and just the kind of folk I want to see running such an effort. 10% past that and out where the buses don't run for logic represent the extremist right I'd be happy to see fall off the edge.

However... The Liberal/Progressive side ALSO has about 30% DIE hard who would pretty much be the Godzilla to stomp across my day dream nation and leave little fiery ruins in the monster foot prints as it mashed through my beloved Midwest. Also, they have about 10% so extreme, I'd HELP them fall off their edge without being asked.

In the middle? about 20% I'd guess who are actually, no kidding, center. A rare critter, almost like the Unicorn these days..but it's a big nation and they exist out there in little pockets here and there. I'm sure of it.

The problem? That's about 40/40 by my count..who would basically raise their glass, toast the bad health and misfortune of the other side..and then proceed to change the nation to essentially outlaw them completely.

So, how would we ever be sure OUR side...yours or mine, if that's a different thing here, would be the CORRECT side to be making the decisions? We're just toooo divided and too close to dead equal in sheer numbers...to play at anyone having too much authority right now, IMO. No matter who it may be, the outcome is bound to be bad.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Power most often spurs corruption, even a good person tends to go bad.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

I know this is going to sound bad, but...

People are stupid. They don't know what's good for them.
They have gotten so caught up in their dogmas, gadgets and indoctrinations that they have lost sight of the purpose of this country.

Is this the thought process that TPTB started out with? I don't know.
From my point of view, it doesn't seem that way, but maybe they did have everyone's best interests in mind when they got started. And things just got out of hand.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

People are stupid, I agree. We're insufferable, fowl little creatures who fight and # our way into oblivion. Why then, should we give a single person total control?

I don't think this was the thought process as we don't have a dictator. I think the thought process was to isolate and re "educate" us. I think things like more people voting for american idol than for elections was part of the thought process.

Edit: Interesting discussion. S&F
edit on 5-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wishful thinking for that benevolent dictator....Romney might have been the best bet since Elliott Richardson (former AG who resigned under Nixon and was never a Presidential candidate). Ron Paul had potential for that person but I have reservations about him for reasons I wont go into. The problem is that men of character as scarce in Washington and while "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely."

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think you have just pinpointed where we can find our benevolent dictator.

That "Unicorn" as you put it.

I would nominate myself of course, because I know better
I am pretty much right down the center.
But I have no doubt there would be people crawling out of the woodwork to throw mud on me. There certainly is plenty of it.

Oh well, we can hope and dream can't we?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
America needs less progressive liberals that try to impose their thinking on everyone else.

People are only stupid because they have allowed themselves to become govermentally indoctrinated.

Think for yourself. Live and let live.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
73,000 pages of Federal laws....I wonder how many pages the average American student reads from grades K thru 12?? Does anyone know?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Romney a best bet
?!?!?!??!

We would be exactly where we are with Obama.

No thank you Sir.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Only one man in history ever voluntarily stepped down from power, His Excellency George Washington. He was offered the opportunity to become president for life, but denied the appointment. We need another man, no, LEADER, like him now.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It also ROCKS absolutely, too.

The whole idea of democracy is an artifact of the west-European Enlightenment, which view people as having fundamentally equal value, and thus, equal rights.

The further we get from the Enlightenment Age, the more anachronistic democracy seems.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
so this mover and a shaker who has total power, but uses it wisely

how do you get rid of him/her if he/she doesn't get the job done ?

oops
edit on 5-1-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One word, Antichrist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join