It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craziness going on in my small town!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I started to post this last night but I got a little too paranoid to talk about it in an open forum like this but I've decided now that I think it's worth telling. Like it says in my title, I live in a very small town. So last night I had about 5 people text me to tell me to be careful if I go anywhere because the cops were going crazy pulling everyone over for any reason at all. They were also busting in people's houses! Not only was it the local law enforcement going hard but they had cops from surrounding counties riding around with them. Cops everywhere! Guess what they were doing? Taking people's guns! Facebook was buzzing with it too. I took a few screen caps of people talking about it. Some were for it, most were against it. Those are saved to my phone. I don't know if I should post them without editing people's names out first. They said they were busting people for guns and drugs. I get the drug part. But why now? Why are they so adament now? Just seems a little too ironic with all this loss of 2nd Amendment stuff being talked about. I'm not saying I think this is definitely what's happening, I just wanted to share because I think it's odd.

Give me your thoughts please.

CX

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWatcher13
I don't know if I should post them without editing people's names out first.

Definitely can't post peoples personal details, that'll get your thread binned.

Is there any news on this anywhere?

CX.
edit on 5/1/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

That's what I figured but at the same time, it's stuff on facebook. It's basically public info anyway.

But thank you for the heads up!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'll check and see if our local news covered it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You should probably ask your friend why the cops are 'pulling everyone over for any reason at all'?

Maybe something happened. Robbery,murder,accident .

You should also watch the news.
edit on 5-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyWatcher13

Sounds like a very localized drug sweep. A yearly event up here in my Mountains. Do you have a lot of meth dealers and makers in your area. I'm in a very rural area. A lot of redneck meth cooks in makeshift trailers in the woods. Once a year, the LE from surrounding counties, will do a joint drug task force exercise and try to hit them all at once.

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Where is this town? There may be something else at play here. Are there militia groups near by?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Where is this happening at?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You are probably right. I don't know really if there's a lot of meth production in my town. I know it happens, it happens almost everywhere these days. Most drug busts in my town are for marijuana. So I don't know. But I'll keep you posted if I find out any new info. I just found it odd because so many people seemed to be freaking out by the increased police presence in our town. It's a quiet town.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How are we suppose to help w/o the name of the town??

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
One more tidbit.....the population of my entire county is a little over 17,000. That should give you an idea of how small of a town I live in. The main city's population is 6,000.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

That's the part I was paranoid about. If something big is happening I didn't want to bring attention to myself by talking about it online. But I'll tell you. It's Henderson, TN.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWatcher13
One more tidbit.....the population of my entire county is a little over 17,000. That should give you an idea of how small of a town I live in. The main city's population is 6,000.

Well,that helps.
Thanks for sharing that.
It's probably some sort of drug sweep with multiple suspects.
Find something in your local news and post a link to it.

I understand if you are hesitant to do so,but you started this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's the Chester county round up apparently

www.wbbjtv.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Ok thank you! I've never known of them to bring in surrounding county police to do this. We have our own drug task force.
Thank you for the link!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yep, drug sweep. Feel better yet?

When there are different agencies involved, outside officers, going to many different houses, and lots of middle of the night screaming - it's a drug sweep.
edit on 5/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Good find

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.jacksonsun.com...

Found a post on your local topix, then a news article. Seems it was a gang, drug sweep in your area. Also, several arrest warrants, which would explain them going to houses.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ok thank you! I've never known of them to bring in surrounding county police to do this. We have our own drug task force. Thank you for the link!

Are you admitting that you wrote a thread without doing ANY research into it yourself? About YOUR own home town?

May I recommend this new website called Google. Its really a great tool for exploring the internet. You see, you go to the Google homepage and type in words relevant to what you are looking for and in less than a second Google connects you to a bunch of information about your query.

Google

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Officials said they made checks on sex offenders and probations throughout Henderson and Chester County.

That makes it all legal. Once you're on probation you have no rights. 'They' can come in your home or car or workplace at any time and search you, arrest you, or whatever else they feel like doing. But, by the sounds of it, they probably left some of it out though, such as seeking out active warrants and the 'pull-overs' of just random cars. In all these different tactics they take they'll be looking for guns.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join