It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exercising Trust

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The times, people's anxiety...do this and your worry goes away.

I WANT YOU TO LEARN A NEW HABIT. Try saying, "I trust You, Jesus" in response to whatever happens to you. If there is time, think about who I AM in all My Power and Glory; ponder also the depth and breadth of My Love for you.

This simple practice will help you see Me in every situation, acknowledging My sovereign control over the universe. When you view events from this perspective-through the Light of My universal Presence-fear loses its grip on you. Adverse circumstances become growth opportunities when you affirm your trust in Me no matter what. You receive blessings gratefully, realizing they flow directly from My hand of grace....

From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

www.thegraceofpentecost.com...

(January 4th, 2012) at Father Jim Northrop's Daily Thought

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Or try "I trust you Odin" or what about "I trust you Allah" or "I trust you Hanaman".
Or my fave "I trust myself" try it and everything will be better

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Dear colbe,

Thank you for the reminder. There are those who believe we can put our trust in ourselves. This amazes me, as I know how untrustworthy we are as a species, and how untrustworthy I am as an individual. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

God has earned my respect and trust. Sometimes, in the rush of life, I forget that I can trust Him. Your reminder is valuable. I hope you enjoy the peace and love which you wish for others.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Love requires trust. Jesus is dead.

Trust the creator by trusting the creation. Very hard to do. Things will not always go like you want. But you see them going how God wants. You see what God sees, and not the anger of your intolerance.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Words can be very tricky, so I might be misinterpreting you. "Love requires trust?" There are people I love, that I do not completely trust. Jesus told us to love the sinner, someone we know we can't trust. We can love without trusting. In this case I both love and trust God completely.

"Jesus is dead?" I have never spoken to a Christian who would agree with that. Granted, He was dead for a few days, but He's not anymore.

"Trust the creator by trusting the creation. Very hard to do." Hard to do? I would say impossible. While we have a command to love everyone, I don't know of any writing which instructs us to trust everyone. People are not always trustworthy, we are not asked to ignore facts.

"Things will not always go like you want. But you see them going how God wants." No, no, no, no, no. God does not want hatred, killing, greed, and so many of the other hallmarks of our age. They happen, but not because God wants them to happen.

"You see what God sees, and not the anger of your intolerance." This baffles me. You're talking about colbe? She is one of the sweetest, most loving (in the true sense of the word) people on ATS. I see no hatred or intolerance in her post. They're just not there. You must have been talking about someone else.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Or try "I trust you Odin" or what about "I trust you Allah" or "I trust you Hanaman".

I had so many errands Saturday, I am replying finally. boymonkey74, you have the cutest avatar pic.

Who is Hanaman? It's so empty to "trust myself" though? We're all so fragile and fallen. Jesus said with love, "I am the way, the truth and the life." Things are getting darker, 2013 isn't going be roses, this is the beginning of the Great Tribulation, turn to Our Lord, He is the way.

What can I say, Judas didn't trust in the mercy of God but Peter did, they both sinned...follow Peter's way,
He REPENTED of his sin and trusted Jesus. That's what we all must do, we're all sinners,

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by colbe

Dear colbe,

Thank you for the reminder. There are those who believe we can put our trust in ourselves. This amazes me, as I know how untrustworthy we are as a species, and how untrustworthy I am as an individual. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

God has earned my respect and trust. Sometimes, in the rush of life, I forget that I can trust Him. Your reminder is valuable. I hope you enjoy the peace and love which you wish for others.

With respect,
Charles1952

Charles,

Hi, I hope your Christmas and New Years were special. I have putting away the Christmas decorations blues this weekend. The house looks dreary now.

Yes, really, we are "untrustworthy" sometimes, remember when you last let go of a secret never meaning to... I was looking for a "human respect" is worthless quote from a saint to share. We need to put our trust in Our Lord and try to please Him, that's it.

colbe

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Trust the creator by trusting the creation. Very hard to do. Things will not always go like you want. But you see them going how God wants. You see what God sees, and not the anger of your intolerance.

Don't you think trusting in God during difficult situations in our lives, in bad times, it takes them away, lessens them? Asking God to help me act in a loving way and then I'm free, doesn't matter the negative.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Being someone who trusts in themselves implicity, I admit there are on occasion times when I, like everyone else on this planet simply don't know the answer or which way to turn. This is when trust in Jesus comes in.

Sure, we don't need him to help us with everyday mundane things like choose black or brown shoes, or to tell us what make of car to buy. But there are times in our lives where we come to a crossroad and don't know which way to turn or we suffer something so terrible that nothing in our lives so far could have prepared us for it. At these times those five little words 'Jesus, I trust in you' can be so meaningful and so very comforting. Knowing that even though you feel you are completely lost and alone, someone is there walking alongside you ready to catch you when you fall makes all the difference.
edit on 6-1-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The times, people's anxiety...do this and your worry goes away. I WANT YOU TO LEARN A NEW HABIT. Try saying, "I trust You, Jesus" in response to whatever happens to you.
reply to post by colbe

Or? OR!!! We could not rely on a false god and stand up to do something to make the times better.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I never thought I'd say this, but I think you have to be more open minded and flexible. You've become trapped in a false dichotomy. I understand it, but it's still wrong.

It's not rely on God OR rely on ourselves, we're supposed to do both. Trust God at the start for wisdom, guidance and courage, then knock ourselves out working to fight evil and suffering, finally, trusting God to use our efforts for the good of others and ourselves.

If we say God is false and we have only our own efforts to rely on, then surely you must see we are doomed. Rely on people to make the world a free, prosperous, and peaceful place? The odds of that are ridiculously small.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I never thought I'd say this, but I think you have to be more open minded and flexible. You've become trapped in a false dichotomy. I understand it, but it's still wrong.

It's not rely on God OR rely on ourselves, we're supposed to do both. Trust God at the start for wisdom, guidance and courage, then knock ourselves out working to fight evil and suffering, finally, trusting God to use our efforts for the good of others and ourselves.

If we say God is false and we have only our own efforts to rely on, then surely you must see we are doomed. Rely on people to make the world a free, prosperous, and peaceful place? The odds of that are ridiculously small.

But we ARE doomed, Charles. Let me first point out that it can't be considered optimistic or pessimistic in stating that the female preying mantis eats the male preying mantis, or that lions kill in order to survive. In observing these things the best we can say is, It is what it is.

When we observe the human animal, we see that this creature is a destroyer. It is not right or wrong - It is what it is. Archeologists have mapped out the migration of early humans out of Africa, and what the archeologists have discovered is the sudden extinction of other animals along the human trail. We even know of Easter Island, of how the human inhabitants cut down EVERY tree for their own selfish needs.

In the last five thousand years of recorded history has there ever been just ONE century where mankind DIDN'T cause war? I doubt it.

The funny thing is that the religious can't wait for the end of the world to happen via Armageddon. Well, it won't be such a glorious ending, but mankind will see to it that an end will come.

So, why should anyone put trust into some god when we KNOW the end of the human story?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Second reply because I didn't want the first one to be too long.

Right now, let's put a number to how many people put their trust in a higher power. How about 6.5 billion?
Now let's take a look at what this trust has accomplished:

The Middle East is a cesspool of religious depravity. Countries like the U.S. and Britain are a cesspool of greed and power. China would just love to smash Japan. North Korea would just love to smash South Korea. Argentina is looking to get spanked again over the Falkland Islands. Half of Canada wants to separate itself from the rest of Canada. There is hunger throughout the world. Capitalism is right on the tipping point of total economic collapse.

Six and half billion people trusting in a higher power have done nothing to change the direction in which mankind is going.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Right now, let's put a number to how many people put their trust in a higher power. How about 6.5 billion?
Now let's take a look at what this trust has accomplished:

The Middle East is a cesspool of religious depravity. Countries like the U.S. and Britain are a cesspool of greed and power. China would just love to smash Japan. North Korea would just love to smash South Korea. Argentina is looking to get spanked again over the Falkland Islands. Half of Canada wants to separate itself from the rest of Canada. There is hunger throughout the world. Capitalism is right on the tipping point of total economic collapse.

Jigger, I feel sorry for you. All you see is doom and gloom when there is still much beauty left in this world.

There is one simple reason that all of things wrong with the world that you have quite correctly pointed out; Especially so here in the West we have all become so highly obsessed with "Me" we have forgotten about "We"

Think about it, everyone these days is obsessed with personal gain and getting ahead at any cost. Some call it survival, others call it tall poppy syndrome, some do it out of pure greed, others out of fear of falling behind and into poverty, but nearly all of us are guilty of it.

This is where the God you mention comes in. Religion is supposed to connect us with the "We" again and make us aware that we are not the only pebble on the beach and help us put spiritual values ahead of material gain.

If you look at where the happiest countries are, you will note a striking pattern. They are all poor, catholic nations. Why is this? Because the catholic faith at least puts family, and community at the top of priorities. This is where true happiness comes from; Seeing and helping the ones we know and love be happy.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

charles,

Thank you for your positive words, I usually get hit so they mean a lot to me. I keep coming back to ATS, mainly
to share the messages from Heaven (private revelation, Catholic and some Protestant), We are close to divine events prophesied. I realize, only God knows the exact time but 2013 could be the year the entire world will be shown personally.

It may sound like humor, I don't know how else to put it, read the prophetic, no one talks like that down
here. Give your heart to God, to Our Lord...trust Him. A start, speak to Jesus in prayer every day from
now on...

direct link to daily Catholic messages ~ www.catholicbinder.com...

direct link to daily Protestant messages ~ ft111.com...

colbe

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

mark, hi,

You, Charles and jigger express yourselves very well, thank God, it's a gift. ATS has so many disbelievers, anti-Catholics, new agers, agnostics. Prophecy says time is short, how can these dear ones be reached? If we keep talking about the faith, the times, share God's messages in the prophetic and pray disbelievers recall at the moment of God showing them. And, the best way God's grace, PRAY for conversions.

Anyone arguing, disbelieving...how about these three, they're all Scriptural.

God desires no one to be lost.

God wants all of us to believe the same, every person on the earth, there is one plan.

God is going to bring about a worldwide enlightenment, a spiritual awakening.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Proverbs 1:33: "But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil."

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

Six and half billion people trusting in a higher power have done nothing to change the direction in which mankind is going.

Well, that's cool, not? We have mankind, and we have 6.5 billion people. What are you a part of?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Anyone arguing, disbelieving...how about these three, they're all Scriptural.

Colbe,
do you mean by "these three": mark, jigger, and Charles?
or the three statements following the quote?

You do realize jigger is an atheist, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Trust the creator by trusting the creation.

Jesus is alive in spirit. Trust the creator, not the creation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join