It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl 10 dies from falling bullet on New Years Eve

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by fictitious
My friend's dog died after a knife was thrown in the air during a party. Hit the dog right in the head coming down...only two feet away from a kid standing next to the dog.

I fail to see what that has to do with the topic of a girl getting killed by a stray, probably legal, bullet.

It could just have easily been a knife. And if it was, it wouldn't have made headlines at this particular time to only fuel the fire.

link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Nah, education isnt the answer.

Just more fear and hyperbole. that's the ticket.

The huge overlap among people wishing to teach children about sex as a preventative measure toward unwanted pregnancies and STD's who also favor enforcing complete ignorance and fear when it comes to firearms is more than a little ironic to me.

And vice versa as well. Lots of hypocrisy in these partisan hard points.

link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

This makes me wonder how many of those middle easterners we see on tv firing into the air get hit in the head by stray falling bullets, there must be some statistic.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Well then I guess its a good thing that the criminals in Oz dont pose much of a threat,

They probably wouldnt pose as much of a threat in the US if they werent able to go to Wal mart and buy a gun

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Depending on the firearm, some hunting rounds have what is considered a "danger range" around 5 miles. If I up and fired my 30-06 with varmint 110 grain loads into the air at just the right angle...it could take someone out a very long way off.

This is common sense folks. I grew up in a hunting family. I was taught to respect firearms long before I could ever touch one. When I was finally allowed, it was always with supervision. When I got my first gun (a 410 shotgun, at the age of 10 or so) I had to take classes given by the local 4-H club and the Dept of Natural Resources before I could go out and squirrel hunt.

Maybe we are going about this with the completely wrong attitude.

When I was young, I wanted to learn all I could about guns...what the different ones were for and how to use them properly. Maybe we DO need to make firearm education mandatory to own one. I went through it...it didn't kill me and I learned alot. That was over 37 years ago and since then, I have taken many classes about different firearms, hunting safety and techniques....and I didn't hate a single minute of it.

I love the idea of firearm education being mandatory. star for you friend. Owning a gun is just like owning a car or anything else, personal responsibility and common sense, both of which it seems to be in very short supply in todays world.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

My friend's dog died after a knife was thrown in the air during a party. Hit the dog right in the head coming down...only two feet away from a kid standing next to the dog.

I fail to see what that has to do with the topic of a girl getting killed by a stray, probably legal, bullet.

It could just have easily been a knife. And if it was, it wouldn't have made headlines at this particular time to only fuel the fire.

Really? How far away was the shooter? I'd bet it was further than, say, 30 feet. Which would be about knife range. If lucky, or unlucky depending on ones point of view.

C'mon Beez. Equating malpractice to an errant killing? Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Criminals cant go to walmart and buy guns, know your facts. There is a f.b.i. background check for all purchases from a firearms dealer. you dont know much stuff, do you?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Shaade

Well then I guess its a good thing that the criminals in Oz dont pose much of a threat,

They probably wouldnt pose as much of a threat in the US if they werent able to go to Wal mart and buy a gun

gotta love the gullible and simple minded people in this world. So you honestly think that making guns illegal will stop criminals from buying them off the streets? I dont know about you, but Ive never seen a group of crips or any other gang bangers lined up at the sporting goods counter at wal-mart, but somehow they always seem to be able to get their hands on fire arms anytime they want.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chopperswolf

Criminals cant go to walmart and buy guns, know your facts. There is a f.b.i. background check for all purchases from a firearms dealer. you dont know much stuff, do you?

And every criminal is on the FBIs database are they?
Your not officially a criminal till you get caught

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

In both cases a 10 year old girl died.

Both were tragic accidents. Both were the fault of an individual or individuals.

link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

He knows. He's just recycling the same defeated positions again and again for kicks I guess.

link   

No one said that this child died from a criminal. It was a celebration. The gun that fired that round was probably legal. "Knowing facts". Good idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

gotta love the gullible and simple minded people in this world. So you honestly think that making guns illegal will stop criminals from buying them off the streets? I dont know about you, but Ive never seen a group of crips or any other gang bangers lined up at the sporting goods counter at wal-mart, but somehow they always seem to be able to get their hands on fire arms anytime they want.

Yes they can no one denies this.

making guns Illegal and taking them off the streets will make it much harder for people to get guns.
Crims in the US seem to get their guns from people buying them on their behalf, people who bought them LEGALLY!!!!!

Most of the guns that are now Illegal were once legal and easily purchased

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The point is, dont use your firearms period!!!!! Unless it is self-defense ONLY!!

I knew there were going to be incidents like this because people are so stupid and so carless that an innocent child have to die because someone doesn't care for the safety of others!!

If people have to shoot something off, buy a blank firing gun if you must but any of you were using real guns to celebrate new year, you might as well say I'm guilty to help the cause of this death. I'm just saying.

It doesn't matter how many times we tell citizens every year, they just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Really? How far away was the shooter? I'd bet it was further than, say, 30 feet. Which would be about knife range. If lucky, or unlucky depending on ones point of view.

C'mon Beez. Equating malpractice to an errant killing? Ridiculous.

How about the fact that the op stated that she doesn't mind people using guns for hunting. How about hunting accidents? Everyone's views are skewed. Saying hunting is ok (meaning hunting accidents are ok), and then saying that owning a gun for protection is bad (but accidents out of stupidity is not ok). In both cases someone could die.

And I agree with Beezer...doctor's kill people all the time on accident. It's called human error. And that is something, my friends, that WILL NEVER go away.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No one said that this child died from a criminal. It was a celebration. The gun that fired that round was probably legal. "Knowing facts". Good idea.

He knows. He's just recycling the same defeated positions again and again for kicks I guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

"Broad Brush Bashing" is the epitome of IGNORANCE
edit on 4/1/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

And every criminal is on the FBIs database are they?
Your not officially a criminal till you get caught

Well it seems that gun acquisition isnt the only subject youre weak on. If you are American, domestic or abroad, you are considered a criminal or terrorist. Please refer to the Patriot Act and NDAA for proof of this.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Now, if only that child had been armed with a gun she could of shot that dastardly bullet. Isn't that what all the gun lunatics will think?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

But I'll be keeping my guns...thank you very much. I need them as they hel[ keep food on the table, and defense when needed.

I dont have an issue with people who genuinely use guns for hunting for food. I would imagine you have a bit more respect for what it is and does.

People who just have them "in case they need them" in my opinion are just irresponsible and selfish.
Their want for a gun and ability to get them easily somehow in their minds it doesnt register that if they can get them easily so can any other idiot

Why would somebody who has a gun for protection care about your opinion?'

Why is it irresponsible and selfish to be prepared to protect my family and property from thugs?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join