It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have to be apart of religion to know God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by aspiechick

If you got that feeling - without having to sit through boring sermons, or having people tell you where you're going wrong - then stick with that!

Yes, I think that is a big turn off, telling people that they are wrong. It would be of better use to show that person solutions to what they perceive as wrong, instead of putting fear into others.

I don't think they are actually wrong. I think there are different ways to get to god. I don't think we have the ability or authority to speak right to god, we need to go through a chain of command.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

If you need a label, you seem to be a pantheist (I share your belief system as you described it).

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If we are to 'find' god...why would we have to go through a 'chain' of command?

Would it not make more sense of a divine plan that a lone man could find Thee and know Thee?

The idea that we need to rely on another to find God seems absurd to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ironically, you're title may be correct.

You may need to be "apart" from religion to know God.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, when you use the word "God" you're immediately psychically linking into the psychopathic god of Abraham, worshiped in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. And that "god" (that arsehole doesn't deserve a big "g") is what you're conjuring up mentally and emotionally with the mental framework you're using. And "he" requires that you agree to be enslaved, that you bow down in "worship" (the original word actually means "to work for") and honor him as lord and master.

So, um, you CAN do that.

That entity, in my experience, is just another archonic pretender -- one of the nasty, psychopathic archons warned about in the Gnostic texts. Avoiding him is what I'd recommend. He'll only send you down a path of self-hatred, of believing that you're an awful sinner; and when you believe such shiittt about yourself, it immediately shuts you down from accessing authentic spiritual energy.

So, if you want to avoid crossed wires, there are two main energies I'd recommend connecting with.

* The kind, loving energy of the Universe; call it Great Spirit, the Force, Cosmic Intelligence, Love, Creativity, Chi, prana, whatever. It's real; we're all connected to it; all kind and self-aware beings are. (The psychopaths are not; they connect to nasty energy from an antimatter, inverse universe and need to feast off our energies to remain connected to this universe; we give them permission to be here by "worshipping" them.)

* The immensely grounding, loving and healing energy of Mother Earth. She's a female planet (not all planets are.) She loves us for some reason (apparently we help connect to special energies in the universe that she needs, and she in turn gives us her energy, in a mysterious and lovely symbiotic relationship that is very old and sacred.)

Keep things as simple as possible, be persistent and genuine with your intentions to get to know these energies, and the universe will reveal many awesome mysteries to you. And suddenly that nasty psychopath frightened peoples have honored as a "higher" being (because he and his compatriots tended to kill and torture anybody who disagreed with them) won't hold any appeal to you anymore.

Fire your gods, fire your gods. Step into your true power as a sovereign spiritual being.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

After seeing this post, I feel like I have gone through this. I used to go to church every Sunday. I hardly go anymore, but feel as if I have a better understanding of what God would want me to be doing.

It's one thing to go to church. It's another to actually live by a solid code of ethics and practice what they preach.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I hear from all sides about the right path, or following the right rules.

The Christians will tell you Jesus is the only way.
The Muslims will tell their way is the true way.
And then various other sects all in between.

Is is possible I can know of God by going to him directly, without religion?

If I follow religion, I have to be holy to their standards, and not what I feel in my heart.

Is it possible to make it into the gates or hereafter, while having a one on one with God?

Pardon me while I wax philosophical.....

Why would you turn to another to tell you what you alone can see is real? Another will not see your reality. they can only see their own.

Better to learn to recognize what is not real, rather than not learn anything other than someone else's reality.

You ask for this or that, and it calls out as desire. Desire leads to "things."

All life is the expression of God. It is not a thing.

The weak might say you are "of God this way" or you are nothing.

I have found that it's best not to believe in any"thing", as much as your"own" self.

Sort of how you cannot be loved... if you don't give love.

You cannot find God, unless you let God manifest through you.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Why would you turn to another to tell you what you alone can see is real? Another will not see your reality. they can only see their own.

I disagree Max, in absolute protest. This idea you have of OP experiencing a different reality from everyone else. Just one question for the moment if I may ? Which statement below would you subscribe too?

A.. After we live out our lives on this earth and we pass on ? There will be just one truth concerning the hear after even if that truth is simply consciousness departed infinitely.

B. Because we all believe different things, there is a different reality for every mind in which they will experience their own different truth.

A. or B ?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I cannot speak for others,but i stepped away from the bit of religion i used to have,which was never really much,to find an authentic relationship with my Source,and with the entity Yahushua.Its about whats in your heart,about who you are as an immortal soul,i believe.If you are kind,compassionate,have the capacity to love,to be loyal,if you harm none,and even try to help,if you hate evil+pain+destruction, if you honor the Spirit of Life by cherishing and respecting the lives and rights of others,and these are intrinsic characteristics in you,you are in no way ever seperated from your Source.The path that comes most naturally to me is shamanism,actually.I may also add,that the Source i speak of here,is the source of me as a Soul.Energy.I have my doubts that the Source that we all come from originally,is the same as the Creator(s) of these physical flesh vessels we incarnate into here on this specific planet.I do believe further,that the "heaven and hell" concept is leaving out about 99% of all the rest there is, when we go beyond the transition known erroneously as "death".This is what i feel to be true,and with that i mean,i have great peace about and from this belief.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My only suggestion is this: Don't ask people here or anywhere else in the internet. If you have to ask someone,ask people in real life that you trust. If you know that a person would never hurt you on purpose,that's the one you should ask,even if their knowledge isn't that wealthy.

If you have to do so,ask only the ones you trust.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You can approach God directly, without a middleman. Try it, its good.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

[color=gold]

jhill76, from 1z perspective many have different interpretations of GOD. These interpretations are based off of religious data shared with various parts of the herd of EA*RTH. The religious data of EA*RTH has then had various hands / influences over time modify and even change TRUTH (ACCURATE GENETIC/SPIRITUAL) information within the GREAT religious text shared around the world. And due to these text having multiple influences over time effecting the teachings from within the text, some of the data and TRUTH has somewhat been lost. And due to this WE ALL must put our conscious minds together collectively to find truth as best as we can by piecing the fragmented data together to build the actual picture as close to Subjective truth as ALL can get. This is why 1 keeps an open mind with the data 1 gets exposed to as to best compile the information to generate the best truth data possible.

Now in relation to your OP question(s) of:
-do YOU have to be -a part- of religion for YOU to get to know GOD... 1 feels the information is present IF you really seek to be- a part- of a religious influence to get to know the LORD...

Now being -apart- of religion (in separation that is) can some still find the LORD w/o the help of religions or some spiritual guidance?? it depends then 1 feels on how well you recognize GOD or another attempting to make you feel that they are your GOD as you are doing you own EXPERIENCING w/ your soul (out there)? Also 1 has to basically accept that they may be walking out of the LIGHT on/with their own (free will) and may not be AWARE of other shall 1 say CREATOR Creation energies present that may Prey in those areas....

So I guess jhill76 its all based on the perception of GOD and the/an individuals TRUE intentions to relate the LORD to religious data and their self.

Religious data it seems has been mis touched and since there is evidence of mis usage some have attempted to highjack it and place their own potential new agenda within reach of those insensitive to prana energies of deception..(4d feeds). trying to overtake their consciousness. For whatever reason..

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I would argue that Biblical Christianity isn't a religion at all. It's not all all about what you do or don't do but instead all about what Jesus has done.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't know about the gates of the here after, still wrapped up in the now.
What I do know though, it is possible to 'know' without ascribing to a certain religion.

What no hand can touch, can not be contaminated.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There are 7 billion plus religions occurring at the same time this very moment. That is a fact.

Its not hard to believe some of those would find enough common ground to join up and find common interests.

Its the religions that claim to have all the answers and a total understanding of "God" and what intent he or she has for everybody on the planet that you should be wary of.

I subscribe to the idea that everyone should come to terms with their own spirituality when they believe it is the correct time for them to do so.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I don't know about the gates of the here after, still wrapped up in the now.
What I do know though, it is possible to 'know' without ascribing to a certain religion.

What no hand can touch, can not be contaminated.

This is interesting. How can one separate the mind from what is given by the unseen?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Its the religions that claim to have all the answers and a total understanding of "God" and what intent he or she has for everybody on the planet that you should be wary of.

I agree. No one here can speak for the intent of God. If he told us everything in plain language, there wouldn't be a need for all of the different sects, and denominations.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by rickymouse

If we are to 'find' god...why would we have to go through a 'chain' of command?

Would it not make more sense of a divine plan that a lone man could find Thee and know Thee?

The idea that we need to rely on another to find God seems absurd to me.

Well, maybe if we stood on top a mountain, the energy of the earth could go through us and reach god. I live on top of a hill, not a mountain.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
You can approach God directly, without a middleman. Try it, its good.

But how do we know if it is god or the middleman that we are approaching. The middle man would be a conduit to god. I can't see a human being that conduit though.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Religion is what's wrong with spirituality. If you accept god with out religion you accepted god the way god wanted.
Religion is a guideline to a happy life not to god. To find something implies that it was hidden. God will never hide from you you can only chose to accept or not accept.
edit on 2-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join