It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois State Senate TryingG To Ram New Gun Ban Through Lame Duck Session

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

ILLINOIS STATE SENATE TRYING TO RAM NEW GUN BAN THROUGH LAME DUCK SESSION

www.breitbart.com

Illinois State Senate President John Cullerton (D, Chicago) is going to try and push through a new "assault weapons" ban in the Illinois legislature's upcoming lame duck session that is so extreme that even some antique guns will be banned.

The Illinois State Rifle Association reports that Cullerton's bill will ban pump action shotguns, semiautomatic pistols and rifles, and even antiques rifles like the M-1 Garand, the rifle used by U.S. troops in World War II. The M-1 Garand has only an 8-roun"If [Cullerton] is successful at doing so," the ISRA says, "nearly every gun you currently
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/2/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I live in Illinois, as do most of my family and friends, and most of them that I know own guns, and everyone here is FUMING MAD over this.

I'm talking about people here saying, "Yea you can get my guns over my dead body and out of my cold dead hands."

I haven't seen so much anger out here over an issue as this lately. I got friends and family planning on moving out of the state.

Also in Chicago they have all guns banned and in 2012, there 506 deaths by guns mostly in the South and West sides of the City. By 4 am January 1st, there were already 3 murders in the city by hand guns

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
people can say what they will the problem is they will pry them from your cold dead hands if in fact you dont turn them over... not to many poeple are going to face down multiple police or atf or government agents no matter how many guns they have, they wont risk their family, their lives, their homes, ect...

Back in the day where you didnt have much and the government wasn't huge like it is now and there was 1 sheriff in a big town full of poeple who all carried guns you could easily defend your property its much different now..

and when they kill you and take your guns they will tell the story of a crazy gun toting mental case who opened fire on the oh might government and are home grown terrorist they will use the mass media they own to post you as a terrorist and un-american and hopefully your family will be left alive but probably not its better not to have witnesses...

we live in a hard time, you need MANY to stand up together to TAKE our rights back, now to do that? I dont know most poeple have to much to lose not to go along with big brother..

I blame the military and law enforcement for everything happening to america they took an oak and none of them are following through.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Illinois draconian gun laws and rights suppression on guns is one of the main reasons I left that state. You cant even buy ammo without an F.O.I.D. Thats a firearms owners Identification card for those of you who dont know. Want to carry concealed? Not going to happen unless your a cop, ex-cop or criminal. They dont give concealed carry licenses to us lowly everyday people.
Look at Chitcago. The strictest gun control laws in the nation, yet they have the most violent murder and gun crime rate. What a miserable place. Glad I left and didnt even look in the rear view mirror.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This will never get passed. Hopefully, this person will never be re-elected to office again. These politicians are going off the deep-end.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Chicago is gun crime capital of the US and I think they said 95% was with hand guns.

LOL

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You always see the most severe attempts to control population, where corruption is the worst. Obviously.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So does that tell you that taking away guns from law abiding citizens in an entire state is a smart move or not?

Living in Chicago (or Cook County for that matter) is much different than the rest of Illinois. Having the most restrictive gun laws in the country does not seem to be helping!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think the first thing that ought to happen is Springfield Armory pulls up stakes, shuts down their factory and moves to another state. If Illinois wants to essentially beat down their population this way? Pull *ALL* tax base they benefit in anything remotely related to the Gun industry. Let's see how that works for them come the next budget period.

Missouri would be HAPPY to take any gun owners who are sick of the tyranny of that state too. We are night/day different on this side of the river.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
While i feel comfortable not owning a gun. The reason i feel comfortable is the fact that i am surrounded by peace loving people who do own guns, lots of guns. My town has no gun crime. Criminals don't like being shot so they go elsewhere to commit violent crimes. They do not want to mess around in this town. I think in the end any weapons ban will grandfather in existing weapons. This will give the illusion of accomplishing something without actually accomplishing much at all. The American vote is of the upmost importance to politicians afterall. As far as full automatic weapons go, When the military trains you to use one, they tell you to only fire 3 round bursts. Otherwise the barrel will be forced up and you will miss your target and it will also jam. It is ironic that if a mass murderer were to use a full auto weapon he would likely kill fewer people as his weapon would jam and he would miss his target if it did not jam.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
Illinois draconian gun laws and rights suppression on guns is one of the main reasons I left that state. You cant even buy ammo without an F.O.I.D. Thats a firearms owners Identification card for those of you who dont know. Want to carry concealed? Not going to happen unless your a cop, ex-cop or criminal. They dont give concealed carry licenses to us lowly everyday people.
Look at Chitcago. The strictest gun control laws in the nation, yet they have the most violent murder and gun crime rate. What a miserable place. Glad I left and didnt even look in the rear view mirror.

Yeah I'm disgusted by Illinois. I'm also in Cook (Crook) county just North of O'HAre airpor and the corruption here is SKY High, mafia type politics and I'm moving out of here by August 1st when my lease is up.

I bought a used truck this past summer (got a good deal on an F150) and just before Xmas I get a tax bill for Crook county for $200 for a used truck. They secretly passed this county tax Bill on Xmas day 2011 and they don't tell you about it at the currency exchange when you do your registration.

So broke people who buy a $200-$500 used car just to be able to get to work also get hit with this tax.

But the Gun ban itself is disgusting. I'm so outta here. Every night on the local news, there are new murders on the South or West sides of the city by hand guns. Their City ban has done nothing to stop the murders and guns here. I can go right now to the Ghetto and for $100-$200 buy a revolver from a gang member, although the gun by then was already used in several murders.

Originally posted by johngalt722
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So does that tell you that taking away guns from law abiding citizens in an entire state is a smart move or not?

Living in Chicago (or Cook County for that matter) is much different than the rest of Illinois. Having the most restrictive gun laws in the country does not seem to be helping!

Yeah outside of Crook County, it starts to get more rural and country like in Illinois. There are large amount of hunt clubs and hunting in general outside of the cities is Hugely popular here.

Either way, I am sadly disgusted in my stomach for the State of Illinois and the corruption, taxes, costs of living, and this new gun ban bill here and I'm on my way out and taking several family members with me moving out of state
edit on 2-1-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Anyone else find it disturbing that antiques and hunting guns are on this list?

Assault weapons ban my rear end.. This is a gun grab.
edit on 2-1-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngalt722
This will never get passed.

Well that's not what I'm seeing.

Hopefully, this person will never be re-elected to office again.

They don't care. Illinois politics. Any corrupt scumbag can get into office in Illinois.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Anyone else find it disturbing that antiques and hunting guns are on this list?

Assault weapons ban my rear end.. This is a gun grab.
edit on 2-1-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

YEah if they pass this, then it's an outright gun grab. They'll have to train ATF, sheriffs', and local police stations on gong door to door based on the registrations of Gun owner's info, and grabbing the guns one by one.

If they did it all once, I think people might rebel, but if they go door to door, one by one then I don't hink gun owner's would resist

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A massive amount of people purchased in illinois in december 2012, they didnt purchase just to give them back.

Massive surge in gun sales illinois

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
A massive amount of people purchased in illinois in december 2012, they didnt purchase just to give them back.

Massive surge in gun sales illinois

Oh but surely they will see reason and understand the loss of investment in cash value as well as their own loss of personal property for the sake of that is all in the public's best interest and welfare of the state!

One for all and all to take it, isn't that how it works now?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh but surely they will see reason and understand the loss of investment in cash value as well as their own loss of personal property for the sake of that is all in the public's best interest and welfare of the state! One for all and all to take it, isn't that how it works now?

That's what I'm saying.

Most of these gun owner's have wives, kids, families, houses, jobs. When or if ATF kicks down one of these owner's door, Fully Auto's aimed with laser pointers at their head, hands down I bet the majority will submit and hand their guns in not willing to sacrifice life, house, care, job, wife, kids.

The first one to resist, and get killed or shot in the process, will be recorded by ATF/SWAT and will probably be enough to scare the rest of the State gun owners. Plus the media will spin it as gun owners who are not giving up their guns are acting like terrorists.

If they pass this in Illinois, this will set up a precedent to start applying this to other states. This actually really scary orwellian type stuff.

This is exactly what the Nazi Era Gov't did. Check it out via Wiki:

In 1919, the German government passed the Regulations on Weapons Ownership, which declared that "all firearms, as well as all kinds of firearms ammunition, are to be surrendered immediately."[2] Under the regulations, anyone found in possession of a firearm or ammunition was subject to five years' imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 marks.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If this passes, I think that my guns will become stolen and lost. Search the premises, you still won't find them.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by johngalt722

I think everyone will start using the same excuse.

What can they do at that point other then search your entire house.

Hope you got good hiding places, not at your residence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join