It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we don't learn from history ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I barely know where to start with this subject because it could go in about a million different directions, but I’ll start with the obvious declaration that to deliberately harm, abuse or kill a child can never be justified.

The recent incident at Sandy Hook has received so much attention that it overshadows the stark reality of heinous crimes perpetrated against children every day.

How many of the world’s children, including our own, are regularly kidnapped and sold to the highest bidders in the sex industry, to be used and brutally traumatized every agonizing day of their short lives?
www.salon.com...

How many “unwanted or damaged” children are used as guinea pigs and human lab rats by the medical and pharmaceutical industries?
hope4kidz.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...

How many of the world’s children are killed every day of the week in places many people couldn’t find on a map, mowed down by weapons that are manufactured primarily by Americans and are openly deployed by Americans wielding joy sticks to free up resources needed by major corporations ~ whose products are then blithely bought by Americans who feel those benefits and perks are uniquely their own?

Meanwhile, we and other so called first world nations peoples stand idly by as our own children become malnourished and homeless in the face of the consolidation of obscene wealth into the fat hands of a few. No legislation is rushed through to save these children. No media moguls speak out in their defense. No one does anything.

Either children are precious, or they are not.

Throughout history, many cultures have been especially cognizant of the well being of the very young and the elders, unfortunately, ours is not one of them. Painting pretty pictures in elementary school text books and reciting embellished fairy tales about our brave new beginnings and heroic deeds has blurred past realities until they are unrecognizable and at some point in time we need to come to grips with the fact that our history is replete with the rampant abuse of children and others who were not able to protect themselves.

People today still cling to the illusion of protection by words written hundreds of years ago, even as they watch that paper being shredded line by line, word by word by elite politicians at the behest of elite money moguls. So I challenge you to read the story of what can happen to those who are willing to trade away even the slightest measure of protection from those who care for none but themselves. This is the story of the original Hunger Games and although it is not meant in any way, by me at least, to detract from the obscenity of the black slave trade of early America, it is a warning to us all because history, if unlearned, will repeat.
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
In my opinion, willfully committing crimes against children is the same as voluntarily forfeiting your right to life. If people are doing evil things to children near me and I am aware, I will put myself in peril to protect them. Things like this must be stopped at all costs. I myself would never create a child as I have never lived someplace where I believed children were safe. (Also there are too many humans already)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
In my opinion, willfully committing crimes against children is the same as voluntarily forfeiting your right to life. If people are doing evil things to children near me and I am aware, I will put myself in peril to protect them. Things like this must be stopped at all costs. I myself would never create a child as I have never lived someplace where I believed children were safe. (Also there are too many humans already)

I agree that those who do these crimes deserve forfiture of their own lives, but since the system protects them from justice it would seem insane to supply them with more victims. Whether or not there are too many humans on earth right now, that probably won't be the case in the near future.The eugenicists have othe plans. OTOH, the survivors might not enjoy their survival all that much, either.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with that. If all the richies kill all us poor folk and retreat into their underground bunkers, eventually they will get bored with their robot servants and endless games of backgammon or whatever they'll be doing. Then they'll bicker, somebody will get pushed out of the group and become the new low class to be ridiculed. And the human crap cycle will continue on!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

In this world, there is so much corruption and uglyness. It makes me sick.
Years ago, I have also decided to never bring children into this world.

The human race needs to grow up.
For the human race to grow up, the bad apples also need to become more mature.

One of the problems that the human race faces, is the following: Wise and mature beings die off, and are then replaced by new, ignorant, young members, that need to learn everything from scratch again. It is hard to build forward when mature members are lost all the time, and replaced by new members (people) that don't know anything yet.

Just think about it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with that. If all the richies kill all us poor folk and retreat into their underground bunkers, eventually they will get bored with their robot servants and endless games of backgammon or whatever they'll be doing. Then they'll bicker, somebody will get pushed out of the group and become the new low class to be ridiculed. And the human crap cycle will continue on!

There's no doubt we're in for some harsh times and I wouldn't personally wish to inflict what's coming on innocent children, but I don't mean to portray a completely hopeless future as people are becoming less willing to believe and obey the self appointed masters. So while your prognostications are surely what they have in mind, they will only succeed if we continue to back down and down and down toward a new age of helpless servitude and slavery.

edit on 31-12-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
reply to post by frazzle

In this world, there is so much corruption and uglyness. It makes me sick.
Years ago, I have also decided to never bring children into this world.

The human race needs to grow up.
For the human race to grow up, the bad apples also need to become more mature.

One of the problems that the human race faces, is the following: Wise and mature beings die off, and are then replaced by new, ignorant, young members, that need to learn everything from scratch again. It is hard to build forward when mature members are lost all the time, and replaced by new members (people) that don't know anything yet.

Just think about it.

Yes, the world is upside down and backwards and its long past time we grew up as a species. So why does it seem that, in general at least, those who would make the best parents opt to remain childless because they have studied the past, can extrapolate it to current events and see what their child's future will look like, while others breed willy nilly, allowing the "system" that raised them, to raise their children? I have a friend who calls it breeding stupid. I call it teaching stupid.

And that upside down world especially speaks to the political system that regulates us beyond all reason and raises the children to be mind controlled puppets with a million legal strings attached, just like their parents. Those who would do the best job of leading the country and lesser territories onto sane ground actively avoid becoming tangled up in the web of corruption, while those who've proved they are only in it for the fame and glory and the money keep getting elected. So let's add voting stupid to the mix. Actually, IMO, voting period is downright stupid when you understand that all of the candidates on all of the the ballots are hand picked and shoved down our throats by their own UNelected handlers: The Moneymen.

That's what needs to change.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
For whats it's worth the most popular weapons in the world are not US made but what the heck it's your story

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Are you referring to weapons used by civilians or weapons of mass destruction? The first are constitutionally protected rights for the defense of the people, the second are the killing machines used by government against defenseless people to which I referred.

Today, whether we are empowering the 21st Century warfighter with our integrated and interoperable family of small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or the 21st Century commuter with our home and public electric vehicle (EV) charging systems, human power gives us the vision, persistence, passion, agility and speed to meet our customers’ continuously evolving needs and transform their lives.

AeroVironment is also behind the first man-portable tactical armed drone, the tube-launched 2.5kg Switchblade, which went into operation with the US Army in September 2012.

Aerovironment, Inc company profile in Monrovia, CA

The three largest defense companies in the world are all United States companies. With a combined total revenue in 2001 of $100 billion and employing 400,000 people, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Boeing are three powerhouses of American business. Their combined revenues account for 1% of the United States' $10 trillion GDP.[ii] Each company is on each of the Fortune lists: America’s Most Admired Companies, Global Most Admired Companies, Fortune 500 and Global 500.[iii] Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Boeing are also the three top arms-producing companies in the world.

www.stanford.edu...

Its not "my" story, it is our story.

top topics

join