It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Obviously it is a debatable subject. Already in your thread, many believers, many stories, videos etc. I was raised in a religious family, based on Catholicism.

Okay, thanks for that disclosure.

Let's debate it! (That's the reason for the thread...)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by fourthmeal

I have had the pleasure of being the 2nd thing my newborn son looked at. The first of course being the doc. And yes, the eyes told me a story that can never be forgotten. I'd like to think I spoke telepathically to him early on. We locked eyes and I expressed to him that I would be the very best parent I could be, and that I thanked him for choosing me.

Interesting. Have you spoken to him about this, or is he too young to speak on this?

He's 2. Too young to carry a meaningful conversation, but sometimes I can just look at him and think what I want him to do, and he'll do it (or not... I mean he's 2 so he's not exactly obedient!) But I can usually feel him out and figure out his needs just by looking at him.

I secretly admit here and now that, as the waves of increased consciousness come to me (after the 12/12 alignment, which changed me forever), I keep trying to communicate telepathically to him, or to friends who probably don't have a clue what I'm doing nor notice that I'm doing anything at all. I remain hopeful that one day I will just wake up the dormant ability in myself.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I secretly admit here and now that, as the waves of increased consciousness come to me (after the 12/12 alignment, which changed me forever), I keep trying to communicate telepathically to him, or to friends who probably don't have a clue what I'm doing nor notice that I'm doing anything at all. I remain hopeful that one day I will just wake up the dormant ability in myself.

Besides of your son, have you made any contact with others, here or there?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

None that I can say, so far.

What happens is, I'll feel a wave of increased consciousness (feels like a wave of bliss and peace), and I'll try then. Days will go by, and another one will come, and then I try again. I feel that there will be a point at which I will be able to achieve my intent, which is to communicate without using voice. However I think I'm going about it wrong. I've been sending words, and I don't think it works that way. I think it works using symbols and imagery to convey a meaning.

I try to send people love and light this way all the time. One day someone might send it back, and that would be a pretty cool thing IMO.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

not ready to delve into that yet, but it did occur to me that all you did was reincarnate the subject. it is a relatively new topic for me so thanks, in ats that is, i have been a believer of reincarnation for most of my adult life. i will share eventually. this is about as much as i will allow myself to do at this point. i look forward to participating how ever trivial it may be, to some, i feel it is worth discussion to me. thanks again.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh I know that this isn't exactly reincarnation, but have you guys read the story of the super-scientific guy who went into a coma and came out with the realization that God/Source exists?

His experience reminds me that even the most staunchly skeptic person will eventually have their moment of understanding of God/Creator/Source.

www.thedailybeast.com...

It was a great read, sorta ties in the scientific to the esoteric, and definitely goes along with reincarnation. After all, you can only believe in reincarnation if you believe there is a Creator of some sort out there!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

In the beginning during the planning of man, Father gave above the opportunity to set parameters for man to live by. Everyone's ideas was taken into consideration and executed.

During the first cycle, man lived by a set parameter, he learned what was needed, but didn't learn all that was needed of him. This is why it was decided to let him have a go at it again. Some just need more time to learn of what is needed.

For example, this current cycle, Father has given man everything that is needed to succeed down here, it is up to him to go after that in which will make him successful or self-sufficient so to speak. But, as you see, many take unto themselves, instead of helping and assisting others. Rather it be monetary gain, or that of knowledge.

The ones that have not learned to assist others, but rather assist themselves must learn. They will learn of why they should have done it, but also learn to do it with a genuine heart.

Take for instance Satan. He even has to learn, not to be holy and good, but rather to stop putting up a fight.

Most come here again and have a yearning to do something and do not understand why. From my earlier example, you see that the previous cycle they lived in, they wanted only for themselves. But, this time around, they have a yearning to help, assist, and when asked of them, they do not understand why, but it is just an underlying calling to help.

Some during the in between of the cycles are spoken to, and are able to select what they do and do not want. From my above example, they will state that they want to have that urging of assisting, but they do not want to know of what they did before, so, this time around you have what I stated in the previous paragraph.

This is just a small example of many variables. I hope I put a small dent in what I am trying to convey.

Another instance would be the one who comes to assist. They will have a greater knowledge set, or unlock memories, because they have learned previously, and are now here to assist others in coming to their learned state.

Not only does man have to learn. Above has to learn as well, from the lowest ranking to the chief of angels. One cannot properly assist the other (man), without understanding man, this is why you have some from above here that just watch and observe, some who help in indirect and direct ways as well.

Father doesn't say what the endgame (when all have learned) will be, we only have that we must all learn and help others learn until he says, all is good.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I think it works using symbols and imagery to convey a meaning.

From the standpoint of above, this is how things/events are shown. Via images and not by words alone.

Interesting to hear of this from you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

thanks for those links. i agree that they are not mutually exclusive. where do you stand on limitations of reincarnation? do you believe there are other dimensions and other places that we do reincarnate to? and do you think we always reincarnate as humans? and would we have memories in this life that we were part of another type of existence, for instance, if i was a dolphin or a dinosaur, is that possible?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE

not ready to delve into that yet, but it did occur to me that all you did was reincarnate the subject. it is a relatively new topic for me so thanks, in ats that is, i have been a believer of reincarnation for most of my adult life. i will share eventually.

No worries, friend....
the subject is by no means "new", anywhere on this planet.
Only 5 more posts and you can start a thread of your own....once you hit 20 you're good to go!

Look forward to your eventual share.
~wild

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by jiggerj

I have to say, self gets curious when I see of your name in these threads. If anything, you make others speak on why they wrote what they wrote.

That's good because I don't come here to shut people down. If anything I want to inspire them to hone their viewpoints to where their thoughts are either indisputable, or the person can see the folly in their own beliefs.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by jiggerj

jiggerj!
He's brand NEW!!!

Be nice. He's nervous enough as it is.
What about you? Any opinion on the subject?

Hey, I was being nice. I truly enjoyed his post.

My opinion on reincarnation is, ahem, drum roll please...I dunno. Doubt it, but I haven't a clue.
edit on 12/31/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My opinion on reincarnation is, ahem, drum roll please...

Bdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd

I dunno. Doubt it, but I haven't a clue.

Still, it's possible. Right?
I always enjoy your posts, btw. For what it's worth ($.02, and NOT copper!).......

HNY, dude. You're one of my faves.....

edit on 31-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

well i guess my first experience with a bully just happened, not sure what i said that he took such offense to. would someone explain this to me?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE

Check his avatar... hes a grumpy ol fart..

but we love him anyways...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

gee thanks. funny way of showing it. not the way it reads to me, but hey i don't know you so i guess i will just take it for what it for what it was. seemed as though you were making fun of me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Obviously it is a debatable subject. Already in your thread, many believers, many stories, videos etc. I was raised in a religious family, based on Catholicism.

One way the debate can be discussed is to 'believe' that humans have devised a way for dealing with the tragedy of death and the knowledge of our own mortality by developing complex visions of what might follow death. These complex visions or beliefs in an after life, reincarnation or simply some mystical existence of being somewhere after life cannot be proven, but one has faith. Most of these beliefs are rooted in some type of religious belief, but not all, some are psychological disorders. (i am not being judgemental, or accusatory, just stating facts).

Schizophrenia most often includes hallucinations and/or delusions, which reflect distortions in the perception and interpretation of reality. The resulting behaviors may seem bizarre to the casual observer, even though they may be consistent with the schizophrenic's abnormal perceptions and beliefs.

Those are not my words, but from the field of Psychology. It is but one interpretation, of why some people believe that there must be reincarnation, an after life. They just can't deal with the reality that death is the end-all, and they create in their minds a delusional concept that something 'must' continue after we die.

Thus, the debate which occurs is do we simply die, no longer exist, ka-poof, we're gone forever, or, is there some magical, mystical, superstituous, wish, hope that ones' life was not for naught, but some greater ongoing purpose?

I cannot answer this question until I die

Although I do believe have faith in a Higher Power, Intelligent Designer!

I also believe that our life on earth has purpose. And, that we should try and be the best person, goodwill towards others, do the next right thing, love one another and love 'this' life honestly,with empathy and humbleness.

I would submit that ones' outlook as I stated above, is as equally valid as any others outlook or perspective, We simply do not know otherwise and we will only find out when we die. I do just hope there is a Heaven though!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It is a concept based from religious tenets, the oldest being centered in Hinduism and Buddhism and even a number of Native American tribes believe in an after life.

Maybe not. The Aborigines believe in a form of reincarnation, and they go back 40,000 to 60,000 years.

The essential part is the fact that Aboriginal people identified with the power that had created them. In fact individuals were a reincarnation or an embodiment of a particular and identifiable spirit or power.

Source...
Not the best source, but the only one I could find quickly.

So who knows, they may be at least partly responsible for the variations of it in modern history.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

One way the debate can be discussed is to 'believe' that humans have devised a way for dealing with the tragedy of death and the knowledge of our own mortality by developing complex visions of what might follow death. These complex visions or beliefs in an after life, reincarnation or simply some mystical existence of being somewhere after life cannot be proven, but one has faith. Most of these beliefs are rooted in some type of religious belief, but not all, some are psychological disorders. (i am not being judgemental, or accusatory, just stating facts).

Schizophrenia most often includes hallucinations and/or delusions, which reflect distortions in the perception and interpretation of reality. The resulting behaviors may seem bizarre to the casual observer, even though they may be consistent with the schizophrenic's abnormal perceptions and beliefs.

Those are not my words, but from the field of Psychology. It is but one interpretation, of why some people believe that there must be reincarnation, an after life. They just can't deal with the reality that death is the end-all, and they create in their minds a delusional concept that something 'must' continue after we die.

Thus, the debate which occurs is do we simply die, no longer exist, ka-poof, we're gone forever, or, is there some magical, mystical, superstituous, wish, hope that ones' life was not for naught, but some greater ongoing purpose?

I cannot answer this question until I die

Although I do believe have faith in a Higher Power, Intelligent Designer!

I also believe that our life on earth has purpose. And, that we should try and be the best person, goodwill towards others, do the next right thing, love one another and love 'this' life honestly,with empathy and humbleness.

I would submit that ones' outlook as I stated above, is as equally valid as any others outlook or perspective, We simply do not know otherwise and we will only find out when we die. I do just hope there is a Heaven though!!

Please review:

www.thedailybeast.com...

I posted this prior, a few posts up. This person (a Scientist) should, for all intents and purposes not have had a single thought in his shut-down brain. And yet, his experiences were quite the opposite.

For anybody who is on the fence and wants "proof" of something beyond what the brain is capable of, this story should kick you off the fence and into the warm embrace of the Creator.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I posted this prior, a few posts up. This person (a Scientist) should, for all intents and purposes not have had a single thought in his shut-down brain. And yet, his experiences were quite the opposite.

For anybody who is on the fence and wants "proof" of something beyond what the brain is capable of, this story should kick you off the fence and into the warm embrace of the Creator.

Yes, I did read the article, I even saw it on t.v., perhaps 60 minutes, 20/20 or one of those shows. I agree, quite interesting and I do not doubt for one instant that Dr. Eben Alexander believes everything he states.

I don't doubt for one second that as the bodys shuts down, and begins to die, that the brain will slowly begin to diminish, and possibly some very strange, (and in his words) "near-death experiences and other mystical states". But the fact that he DID NOT die, they did not 'pull' the plugs meant he was still in existence, very close to death. My point simply is that this is NOT proof of an afterlife, but perhaps a neurological event that happens as life begins to shut down.

I don't know, won't find out until I am dead! But I sure do hope there is a Heaven!! Peace!!
edit on 31-12-2012 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join