It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

So the question is, can we distinguish between Collective memories, and soul incarnations? Or, are either mutually exclusive?

Hows that for starters Wildtimes?

Brilliant, as always, Klass!!

Yes, I see a nebulous area when it comes to "collective consciousness", and "Christ-consciousness" (as some call it), and soul incarnation. I see no reason that they don't go hand in hand.

I believe we actually reincarnate in "groups" - that everything is a sort of "synchronicity" thing.

Have you read The Celestine Prophecy?

Or ever looked at The Urantia Book?
How about the Tibetan Book of the Dead?

Not to mention Ian Stevenson, Edgar Cayce, and others........
well.. Now they are mentioned. There are SO MANY resources out there I can't recall all the titles I've read discussing the concept.

But, no, reincarnation and collective consciousness, in my view, go hand in hand. ANYTHING BUT mutually exclusive.

edit on 31-12-2012 by wildtimes because: remove italics

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Little American lad is reincarnated - once being a WWII pilot downed and died off Japan. His knowledge of specifics relating to his past life overwhelm all whom are still alive & familiar with his apparent past life.

This was the "game changer" for me - reincarnation is a real phenomena experienced by many many people

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

One of my favorite subjects!

Did you know that Pythagoras believed himself to have been reincarnated?

Pythagoras, like no other, embodied the contradistinctions of the mystical and rational world, which is woven into his personality and philosophy. In his mind, numbers, spirits, souls, gods and the mystic connections between them formed one big picture.

The following text tells the legend of his own existences: “He was once born as Aethalides and was considered to be the son of Hermes. Hermes invited him to choose whatever he wanted, except immortality; so he asked that, alive and dead, he should remember what happened to him.

Thus, in life he remembered everything, and when he died he retained the same memories. [...] He remembered everything - how he first had been Aethalides, then Euphorbus, then Hermotimus, then Pyrrhus, the Delian fisherman. When Pyrrhus died, he became Pythagoras.” (Diogenes Laertius, Live of Philosophers, VIII 4-5)
www.thebigview.com...

Here's a moving story of a little who remebered his past life, and was able to find closure through finding his memories in real life!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Happy New Year to you too, wildtimes! Thanks for revisiting this subject. I must admit, I have not participated in this thread before or previous threads, I should say. I read your post and links because I was interested in learning more on the topic. That is what ATS is all about!!

However I must admit that I have come to believe that when we die, our mind, body and soul just dies along with us and that is it! No after life or reincarnation.

The mystery of death is so profound that, despite the millennia of religious doctrine, mythology, scientific research, and the many theories and explanations that exist on the subject, people today are more confused than ever about it. Even within individual religious groups there is often a stark difference of opinion on the nature of death. To see this, walk around a cemetery and note the different inscriptions on the tombstones.

Interesting Article Here

Life is a precious gift we are unable to recreate once it’s gone. No one is promised tomorrow. The only thing we can count on is today.

There is some truth to the old saying, “There are only two things you can count on in life: death and taxes.” Everyone experiences death. Death and dying are an inevitable part of human life.

I realize this is not a particularly optimistic view, many of us wish that their was something more, of after death, but I just don't see it.

However, I realize that Buddhism believes differently.........

The mind is neither physical, nor a by-product of purely physical processes, but is a formless continuum that is a separate entity from the body. When the body disintegrates at death the mind does not cease. Although our superficial conscious mind ceases, it does so by dissolving into a deeper level of consciousness, the very subtle mind; and the continuum of the very subtle mind has no beginning and no end.

Here is a very thoughtful article from a Buddhist Perspective

So that is all I have. Nice topic, however, I just believe that when we die, "That's All Folks!"

Peace and Love in the New Year!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Yep, know about that one.
How about the little Scottish boy who remembered living on Barra (an island off the coast)...and went on and on about it until his mom and a doctor took him there....

And there are SO MANY OTHERS!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by fourthmeal

The real question for me is, will we all die and reincarnate now that Earth is anchored higher, or will our bodies survive the metamorphosis of 3D to 5D. And THAT is quite the question because its never been done before. An experiment of divine will, I suppose.

Mmmm. Indeed. Quite.

I'm not sure that everyone is "on board" with the higher anchoring, though.
How do you know it hasn't been done before? In my thinking, the whole of humanity is an ongoing experiment.....
and its like a giant school......
there are some Kindergartners and babies; there are some advanced souls; there are some confused ones as well.

Have you ever looked into a newborn's eyes and "seen" that Buddhahood - that "knowing new arrival" look?

I'm the mother of two, and have also been present within hours of birth (as a family-resource educator, and later a "newborn photographer" in a maternity ward) - EVERY BABY is different; has their own "knowingness" in their eyes.....

some are not bothered by stimulus like needles and lights, others are over-stimulated merely by voices.

Every ONE of the babies I have met and worked with (I'd venture to say approaching 100) were so unique, so expressive in their "responses" to the "new" physical reality around them.....
some, as they got older (a few weeks to months to a couple-three years old) just seemed more "mature" and "tolerant."

We each are born with "intelligences" - whether verbal, musical, tactical, emotional, social, spiritual, &c.....

I have had the pleasure of being the 2nd thing my newborn son looked at. The first of course being the doc. And yes, the eyes told me a story that can never be forgotten. I'd like to think I spoke telepathically to him early on. We locked eyes and I expressed to him that I would be the very best parent I could be, and that I thanked him for choosing me.

Ironically, after birth I thought his soul expression (especially through the eyes) was intense, but then faded for a few months, then about a year in it came back and has stayed and grown since. But that might have been me looking at my own soul, who knows. Everything is a mirror for ourselves to remember and learn.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Ah! Like minds, think alike!

I posted the same person's story, but a different news cast interview, so I guess I'll leave it up. Even if it is a little redundant.

Not that I want to beat a dead, reincarnated, horse!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

I have had the pleasure of being the 2nd thing my newborn son looked at. The first of course being the doc. And yes, the eyes told me a story that can never be forgotten. I'd like to think I spoke telepathically to him early on. We locked eyes and I expressed to him that I would be the very best parent I could be, and that I thanked him for choosing me.

Interesting. Have you spoken to him about this, or is he too young to speak on this?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It's the very young who remember the best....
in India in particular, Doctor Ian Stevenson did some real pioneering work looking at the "claims" case by case. He found that little kids do remember, until they are about 4 or 5.....
then it fades.
What do you think about the idea, jhill?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

One of my favorite subjects!

Did you know that Pythagoras believed himself to have been reincarnated?

I did not!!
I'm glad you've chimed in, my friend wind!!

I'm hoping we'll "collectively and consciously" bring to the table all SORTS of evidence and resources to discuss the topic at length!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

However I must admit that I have come to believe that when we die, our mind, body and soul just dies along with us and that is it! No after life or reincarnation.

In the spirit of the New Year and Hope Springing Eternal: Boo!!!!!

No, really. Interesting....why did you come to believe that?

edit on 31-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

in India in particular, Doctor Ian Stevenson did some real pioneering work looking at the "claims" case by case. He found that little kids do remember, until they are about 4 or 5.....

Yes, around this age it usually fades. Some are given the opportunity to be asked if they want to keep certain memories so that they may use them for later on.

The memories are not erased, but rather locked away, to be later opened up for use when the young ones become of age.

What do you think about the idea, jhill?

You know where I stand. Man has been down here many times to learn, or assist others. Until man gets it right, it will be a continual learning environment (Earth).

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleEE
this is one of the reasons i decided to join finally. i have had some experiences that i think validate reincarnation. i am not sure how to start. i do think the soul is eternal and while i am far from religious i am what i consider to be spiritual. i believe there has to be a reason we exist. i am not sure how or why. maybe it is to achieve a higher existence. i don't know. seems to be enough people that do believe in it. not sure what form i think is right. maybe it doesn't really matter. i guess all that really is important is having something to believe in that is greater than us. thanks for the topic.

LOL You would have saved yourself some time by just saying you don't believe in reincarnation. Here are the strong points (or rather total lack of strong points) in your post:

***I think*** validate reincarnation
I am ***not sure how*** to start.
i do ***think*** the soul
i am what i ***consider***
*** I believe*** there has to be
***I am not sure how or why.***
***maybe*** it is
*** i don't know. ***
***seems*** to be enough
***not sure*** what form ***i think*** is right.
***maybe*** it doesn't really matter.
*** i guess*** all that

So, what I gather from this is that you think, not sure, think, consider, believe, not sure, maybe, don't know, seems, not sure, think, maybe, guess that reincarnation is possible.

One question: Did your ancestors write the bible?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have to say, self gets curious when I see of your name in these threads. If anything, you make others speak on why they wrote what they wrote.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

jiggerj!
He's brand NEW!!!

Be nice. He's nervous enough as it is.
What about you? Any opinion on the subject?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You know where I stand. Man has been down here many times to learn, or assist others. Until man gets it right, it will be a continual learning environment (Earth).

Well, jhill, I sometimes think I know where you stand....
but your posts are so, like, riddly.....

I agree with you, you know that (right?).

Thanks for being present. Please feel free to share more with us about where you stand.
HNY and HUG!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Well, jhill, I sometimes think I know where you stand....
but your posts are so, like, riddly.....

I agree with you, you know that (right?).

Thanks for being present. Please feel free to share more with us about where you stand.
HNY and HUG!

Yes, that is a problem I have with self. I understand all these things from my perspective. But, conveying that to others is rather a task. It is so much background information that must be provided, I will attempt to explain more in detail that in which I speak.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It is so much background information that must be provided, I will attempt to explain more in detail that in which I speak.

Awesome!!!
Looking forward to it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by ItDepends

In the spirit of the New Year and Hope Springing Eternal: Boo!!!!!

No, really. Interesting....why did you come to believe that?

Obviously it is a debatable subject. Already in your thread, many believers, many stories, videos etc. I was raised in a religious family, based on Catholicism.

Reincarnation is a tenet of many of the world’s largest and oldest religions

It is a concept based from religious tenets, the oldest being centered in Hinduism and Buddhism and even a number of Native American tribes believe in an after life.

For me, I am just not convinced. Why? Well like a lot of things in 'life' and our wonderful Universe, I just don't see it. For those that believe in recarnation or an after life, I have no problem. I do think that there are some people who have extra sensory abilities which again, not sure I can understand, however, there are many known cases where people have sensed they have been somewhere before, a kind of deja vu phenomenon. However, I think that is a different topic and not reincarnation.

The explanation that has mostly been accepted of déjà vu is not that it is an act of "precognition" or "prophecy", but rather that it is an anomaly of memory, giving the false impression that an experience is "being recalled".[2][3] This explanation is supported by the fact that the sense of "recollection" at the time is strong in most cases, but that the circumstances of the "previous" experience (when, where, and how the earlier experience occurred) are uncertain or believed to be impossible.

Like I said, I find the subject interesting, and I will continue to come back and read some of the thoughtful comments. However my beliefs should not be met with a boo!!
But, rather, just a person that doesn't believe that after we die, that there is some magical, mystical, religious experience that keeps 'us' our spirit, soul, or whatever else, alive. When we die, we are dead and life is over!! Sorry not trying to be argumentive, just my belief.

Peace and Love!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Reincarnation always makes for interesting discussion, thanks for bringing it up once again.
It might be "done to death" but it's still interesting nonetheless. I personally think reincarnation is the simplest and most elegant answer for what happens after our bodies die. Consciousness is energy and energy never dies, it just transforms.

Does one ever experience death? No, so how can it be a thing? Death is only an illusion. Wouldn't it be crazy if the light at the end of the tunnel is actually you being born into a new body?
It may not be too far from the truth if you think about it.

I'll leave this here.

edit on 31-12-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join