It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I have little doubt you probably Do want to protect "rightful speech" , and that's great I do as well, but just how does one define 'rightful speech' from "downright hate speech". I would like to see CONCRETE examples and a definition used as to which is which, Imo this really seems simply subjective.Most of what I saw Bush and Cheney and the Mockingbird press use in the MSM, in the fraudulant run up to these resource and currency wars, was IMO HATE speech shown nationwide. Somehow it seems OK to use 'hate speech' if one has the 'proper' bully pulpit and major donor backing and can do it on the national airwaves, it's just when the proles think they can also do it, we seem to have problems.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by oper8zhin

Curses, you've seen through my cunning ruse.

Yes, and the scumbag "rulers" who govern over you peasants with an iron fist taking all of your rights away over there seen through your "cunning ruse" as well. Didnt work out so well for you all eh?

I assume that you are deliberately trying to wind people up to say something hateful towards you?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It seems that if something happens in the US...say, a mass killing spree - that UK members of the site are not allowed to comment on such issues without being bombarded with insults...we UK punters should stop contributing to such discussions, because, unless you live in the US you've no right to an opinion. We could say the same for other issues, like no US citizen has the right to comment on the issue covered by this thread, seeing as it regards british laws and free speech...right? US patrons shouldn't have an opinion on hillsborough, either...if I'm not entitled to contribute to threads regarding shooting in the US...

Such arrogance...UK gun laws don't matter since we're not running about doing these things at such an alarming rate, UK gun laws can be called into question when UK citizens start shooting up shopping centres and schools at an alarming frequency. US gun enthusiasts ought to direct their anger where it's deserved - direct it at those irresponsible idiots who can't be trusted to own a gun, instead of having a go at anyone who isn't from the US stating an opinion. It's the moron that can't be trusted to own a gun that is calling into question YOUR right to bear arms. All we can do is state an opinion...isn't that free speech? So US citizens feel they have the right to sensor or deny me the right to free speech? In your dreams, pal.

Apparently my opinion regarding gun ownership isn't my own, it's the collective opinion of the entire UK, a product of brainwashing...no, it's just what I think - sorry to lay it on the line like that but it is what it is. I don't think my location or nationality matter much, especially when you consider the notion that there are actually US citizens...who live in the US...also opposed to such liberal gun ownership laws, it's not all UK citizens who think it needs tighter regulation, so what say you to that?

The guy in the OP video is clearly having problems in life...I don't think he's right to say what he says, but when people like Abu Hamza can stand in finsbury park and publicly address a whole group of people, spouting hatred without being arrested then why not this guy?

It annoys me, to be honest...it also annoys me when so-called holocaust deniers are arrested for harbouring such idiotic opinions...who cares what they think? Just because someone thinks something doesn't necessarily make it so.

Still..glad hate speech directed at UK patrons is protected by free speech on ATS...a growing trend.

You also have to worry about the state of mind of someone who feels they need to own a gun because...some guys will bust down their door, tie them all up and rape his wife and daughter in front of him...talk about paranoia. This could happen anywhere, to anyone, at any time...unless, of course, said intended victim is armed to the teeth...which leads me to assume you're constantly on your toes just waiting on such a thing to happen.

Do you strut about your house with your gun loaded and ready to use on the off-chance this very incident is about to happen? You don't own a gun through fear, though...right? Paranoia gone insane if you ask me, I get the impression you sit behgind your door, armed...poised, just waiting for the bad guys...I don't. UK ain't exactly the safest place on earth but I'm glad I don't live in such fear.
edit on 30-12-2012 by samerulesapply because: Additional

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
After watching the video which i can't believe is still on youtube if he's been arrested,i thought they take it down if the police get involved.
He has some issues to deal with i think,what he said is about hillsborough & guns was taking it a bit far,free speech yeah but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

They don't like guns and are okay with them being illegal that doesn't make them roll-overs. To claim people don't fight for their rights in England is enormously ignorant. Your posts are beginning to border xenophobic.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

They don't like guns and are okay with them being illegal that doesn't make them roll-overs. To claim people don't fight for their rights in England is enormously ignorant. Your posts are beginning to border xenophobic.

What have you fought for? Just give me something that makes you all stand out from anyone else in the world.

I am waiting.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

from the UK and Scotland

UK and Scotland

UK and Scotland

Oh God this is just too funny. My sides are in orbit.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

from the UK and Scotland

UK and Scotland

UK and Scotland

Oh God this is just too funny. My sides are in orbit.

Your one liners and lack of substance here has had me "in orbit" this whole time as well!!

Funny indeed.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I wasn't aware being rude was now a crime.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm American first of all, maybe you should answer your own question though. What have you fought for?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So you just confirmed my original point! You admit that examples such as mine (that you claim doesnt happen) is a possibility!! And since you cannot provide me a location on earth where such a scenario is GUARENTEED to never occur, you solidify even further what my point was. Thanks for confirming my replies!! :lol

Im going to focus on this as you said your brain cant handle to many topic.s

No its not impossible. Nor is a metrorite killing me in 30 minutes time. Thing is your fantasy of thugs breaking in and raping your wife and stealling everything is going be more possible in some areas than others. In the UK you have more chance of being killed by a metorite than that happing so arming ourselfs just seems pointless. If in the USA ist a likely occurance, apart from running to canada yes I would arm myself.

And owning a firearm is not illegal in the UK. Its a common misconception. It not hard to get authrisation for a non autamatic rifle and shot gun. Infact I know 3 people with shot guns and a number with rifles and I have a set in motion the paperwork to get myself a rifle. All you need in a clean criminal record, no record of violent mental health problems and join a club. All pretty resonable conditions really.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I've argued with you before. You were just as rude then.

Plus, what you're saying has absolutely no relevance to this thread.

Somebody please help me reclaim my sides. I have laughed so much my sides started splitting, then exploded, then followed North Korea's dodgy satellite in to space, had a quick shop on Mars, brought back a McMartian Burger and are now hiding somewhere in my house.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

link   

There you go again...what exactly is wrong with you? Are you not sticking your nose into UK affairs by commenting on this thread?

If there's a thread about it on ATS, it's not a matter of people poking their noses into your affairs, it's a thread that is open for contribution by all members, not just americans.

link   

You get that Scotland is part of the UK...
Dontcha?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Of course he doesn't. Don't worry, nobody is judging an entire country based on him, luckily.

link   
This is probably why Piers Morgan left
If you cant keep your gob shut this is what happens. People are so touchy these days. Youtube and twitter are like and oversized pub everyone spouting their opinions or ideas but there is always the one guy that takes it too far or is drunk and his real feelings come out. With a pub he can be excused because he will back and people know him. Thats just charlie leave him alone he does this every night. Now with youtube say something like kill the Queen or President and because big brother is watching he is arrested even though many have the same thoughts. Next there will be cameras and mics in pubs and poor charlie who really was a harmless drunk will be sent down the river never to be heard from again.

What happened to being able to talk all this S*** out and get things off your chest so it doesnt fester, so when something does happen you dont explode and cause serious damage. People need and outlet and youtube seems to be the prefered outlet because of a bigger audience.

I always remember this from Crocodile Dundee. Dont you have any mates. If you have a problem talk to Donk and he tells everyone else and then there is no more problem.

link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I have written several strongly worded letters to my MP about issues I feel need addressing. A few weeks ago I informed him of a row of broken streetlights in a heavily wooded area decreasing visibility at night, especially in deep winter. They have since been fixed.

Also when I was about 10 I was involved in saving a local bus stop from removal. I don't remember the details but loads of old people bought me cake.

I fought the law!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No just returning the favor to the folks here of those who have UK and Scotland in their profile locations who just ALWAYS seem to mind America affairs yet they have their OWN issues to deal with but would rather stick their noses into our business and INSULT our Constitution and Bill Of Rights that is SACRED to us.

We are not going to stop so what you going to do invade us?
"merica fck yeah!"

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join