It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
On what grounds has he been arrested? Did he make some kind of threat?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

In the video he says "you're lucky I'm not that guy from cumbria" referencing Derek Bird.
en.wikipedia.org...

It's weak, but it seems like enough to get him took in and looked over in the current climate.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

No, no one should ever be arrested for disagreeing with the government, if they're threatening to blow up buildings, kill individuals etc then yes they should, but as long as the angry rant does not include any physical threats then go ahead I say, it is after all, "our" govt (of whichever country) and we should be entitled to say what we want, question their expenses, yes, question their policies, yes, threaten to kill the b'stads unless they comply with our wishes, no, they should then be arrested because they are talking about committing a crime against a person .(and yes, even politicians count as people

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by oper8zhin

I disagree. Everyone is in the same boat, not just us.

Everyone in in the same boat you say? Speak for yourself.

Heres just ONE example of hundreds. Lets say a gang of THUGS and/or hardened criminals illegally enter my home with the intent tie me up and force me to watch them rape my wife and then my daughter, and then steal my money, credit cards, and valuable processions, he is going to be TERMINATED before he lays a hand on ANY of us. Terminated before he even gets the CHANCE to ruin my entire familiy's lives. PERIOD!!!!!

And the law here where I live will salute me for doing so against said bad guys. They wont arrest me to using "harsh force" against the thug, gangster, or psychopath whose intention was to create total HELL in our families lives.

And we all are not in the "same boat". As you can see here how UK folks cant stop minding American affairs and insulting us for standing up for our rights and freedoms. All the rights and freedoms that you all lost. Are you all that BLOODY jealous us Americans, or is it that you are completely BRAINWASHED. Do you NOT see it? You will have ZERO rights left over in the UK if you dont STAND UP NOW and do something. THIS IS EXACTLY what we in America are ACTIVELY DOING right now, and we have to here folks from the UK insulting us.

I have NEVER witnessed anything so ASININE in my entire life as what I see from the UK folks who are so painfully BLIND or BRAINWASHED!!!

You make American look idoits. I feel sorry for the USA with people like you. No wonder its going down hill.

And last time I checked the UK does'nt have have gangs that as you said are

"hardened criminals illegally enter my home with the intent tie me up and force me to watch them rape my wife and then my daughter, and then steal my money, credit cards, and valuable processions"

Infact almost every break in I know localy happens when the people are out at work! Our criminals are smart you see, they will wait till a house is empty. The few burgalrys that happen with people home end up with them running off as they are not armed. Infact the only breakin and murders that happen are contained within the criminal community.

Oh really, is that so?? How old are you by the way?
Your post sounds like it was written by a preteen kid.

SO such an EXAMPLE as that which I provided is IMPOSSIBLE?? Is that what you are saying?? IMPOSSIBLE??? You must live in FANTASY LAND.

First, I would like for you to tell me where I can live WHERE such an example that I provided is GUARANTEED to never happen??

Its posts like YOURS that makes people look like "IDIOTS" honestly. Painfully stupid "IDIOTS" in fact.

edit on 30-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

Nothing is impossible. Under your reasoning you should have a nuclear bunker as a nuclear war is not impossible..

SO, now you take BACK what you originally said. Good for you to accept your error.

Look what works in US does not mean it will work in the UK. Examples of what you said may be a likely event where you live but very very very unlikely over here. We are happy with our gun laws like you are happy with yours.

If things that work in the USA will not work in the UK, then tell me WHY it is that the UK folks refuse to stop minding American affairs?? Tell me that one please.

So shut up and stop bashing other countrys.

I will HAPPILY shut up about other countries like the UK, as soon as all you UK folks SHUT UP about America. Fair enough?

And Im dyslexic. When you have to result in attcking ones spelling it shows your argument is wearing thing.

Nobody "attacked your spelling". It was entirely worded in such a way that sounded like my 4th grade nephew would write. That is why I asked. Because 4th graders do not have the sense to intelligently debate such topics as this, therefore I wanted to know before I wasted my time with you. But 4th grade or not, it will be a waste anyways.

TRUST ME, as things are going for you UK folks, you'll see that you all were wrong eventually when you are all locked up in cages with constant surveillance one day. And then MAYBE you will think about WHY you all let your Rights go down the drain.

Americans FIGHT for their RIGHTS unlike the UK.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No they don't. Prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Some of you just aren't getting it I'm afraid, and now I feel the need for some clarification. It seems flat out lies have even been posted, something I don't appreciate one bit. So, let me clarify a few thing's:

"Rightful free speech" is something I, and of course others here, fight for. I have done in the past, and It's something I'll fight for again in the future. End of. Fact. Case closed. If you want to challenge that then you're fighting a massively losing battle. I'm a supporter of it as is everyone else here, and in particular I support the likes of those others who have publicly fought for it too.

This being so, flat out hate speech on the other hand, well, no, I don't really give a damn what anyone says about speech, I'm never going to support that. Not now, not ever. Sorry, but that's the way it's going to be. If you have something hateful to say well then say goodbye to the respect I had for you and say goodbye to my support for you too. Because It surely will be gone.

And come on now, why is all of this a surprise to anyone here? I've always had this opinion. Nothing has changed. I've always been a massive supporter of rightful speech - just look at my threads if you don't believe me (
), but never have I been a supporter of hate. Nobody should. As far as I'm concerned it has no place, and never will have a place, in society. It's not needed nor should it be so wanted.

My mod tag has absolutely nothing to do with anything either. If anyone wants to bring it up of course, then well done, you're going off topic in an attempt to insult me to a degree. You just lost a debate. It's this kind of thing which I'm talking about here as well. We can have an Intelligent discussion but time and time again people have chosen to resort to attacking others because they don't like what they hear, and not just in this thread but in others too, not forgetting in real life. Is that really what we want to see, attacks? How is that productive, how is that kind of hate productive anywhere? It just isn't. It's a detriment if anything.

Sure, I may have gone a bit far when I applauded the jail of this person, that I admit. And I am man enough to admit when I may be wrong. Let's remember though that Hillsborough means a hell of a lot to me after all, it's why I recently wrote a thread about it, something which was frustratingly hard to post. But at the same time, never will I apologize for having my opinion that hate is something that we should challenge because it does need to be. To openly allow it in society without a care, well, that's not something I can ever accept. And truly, I'm saddened that others can accept it so easily though, I really am. This may be my last post on the matter as I'm tired of the nonsensical lies and crap posted by others, but really, I have to say this,.. if you support hate, then you really need to take a look at your own morals here. There's supporting free speech, and then there's that crossing of the line by allowing pure, absolute hate into our society. To allow it willingly is taking a massive step backwards..
edit on 30-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
It is sad to see, seems like freedom of speech is under constant assualt in Britain. Here is an idea: how about you block him if his online rant hurts your fragile feelings? Getting a police involved over an online post is a mockery of justice.

Yes, first they'll come for your guns, then for your knives, then any last thing you have to use for personal defense, then they'll take your ability to even voice objection to the murders and destruction and all manner of false falg events they use to drive the herd, then the'll put up a CCTV on every street corner to watch you 24/7, then they'll come with a microchip in every wrist so that every sale can be tracked and taxed, then when it's all said and done they'll come with the 'mandatory injections' to keep you 'safe' from the latest plague designed in the bowels of some bioweapons lab. Finally they'll send you a bill to cover 'expenses' for it all so as to rob you of any last bit of true 'wealth' and to set up a debit/credit system of which you will gladly tithe the majority of your earnings to be able to live in the safety and comfort of Big Nanny's all seeing Eye. Get the picture?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Again, I think the thing you need to clarify is your definition of hate speech. As you say (and I said) few people will argue that hate speech is a good thing, but the problem is what you're defining as hate speech in this thread.

That's where the issue is.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No they don't. Prove me wrong.

We have the RIGHT to DEFEND ourselves for one thing. You think that is something that didnt happen from FIGHTING for our RIGHTS??

You didnt know this already?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

How interesting, please tell me more.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

How interesting, please tell me more.

Please be specific, what do you wish to know?

You are playing dumb obviously. Sad.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Curses, you've seen through my cunning ruse.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

SO, now you take BACK what you originally said. Good for you to accept your error.

No my point still stands, we dont need guns in UK for home defence. Not saying thats the case in USA as there millions of guns circulating so if they was a ban those guns wont go away.

If things that work in the USA will not work in the UK, then tell me WHY it is that the UK folks refuse to stop minding American affairs?? Tell me that one please.

Because this is a international site? And everyone has opinions. Does'nt mean they have a say. Really if most of you American are pro gun then the opinion of a few brits wont hurt. Not like we can vote in the USA. Nor will will inavde you and enforce our evil Britsih ways on you.

I will HAPPILY shut up about other countries like the UK, as soon as all you UK folks SHUT UP about America. Fair enough?

See above. You are entiled to your opinion. Just phase it more repectfully rather than like a half wit red neck with a supirority complex.

We fight with word rather than guns but we still fight. Infact we havent lost our right to a fair trial like you in the USA. Rember we abolished slavery decades before the USA and with a civil war. Our cultures are diffrent.
edit on 30-12-2012 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes, and the scumbag "rulers" who govern over you peasants with an iron fist taking all of your rights away over there seen through your "cunning ruse" as well. Didnt work out so well for you all eh?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So do you think the fact he blames the fans rather than the police is unacceptable hate speech? (that is he all he does with regards to hillsborough, he certainly doesn't mock the dead).

If you want people locked up for subscribing to a less than popular opinion you could probably throw every member of this forum in jail.

I think you've definitely let your emotions cloud your judgement on this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Your talking to someone who probably thinks the film team america is a documnetry......

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So you're saying Her Majesty the Queen is browsing ATS right now, looking at this thread and reading my posts, feeling all smug that she can see through my ""cunning ruse"" I used on you?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Rightful speech

I cant help but think this expression sounds like something straight out of 1984.

Is that really what we want to see, attacks? How is that productive, how is that kind of hate productive anywhere? It just isn't.

It does not need to be productive. Real life is not some kind of moderated forum where only productive and on-topic statements can be made, and shouldnt be. You may argue that it is harmful. But utility of speech should have no bearing on whether it is allowed.

if you support hate, then you really need to take a look at your own morals here.

Whats with this obsession with hate? Hate is a natural human emotion that is sometimes justified. The guy in the video sounds pissed of not because he is just trolling or trying to insult for the heck of it, but because he, from his point of view, was wronged. Thats my impression. And I am going to stand up for the right of everyone that was wronged and feels hate and feels the need to express that hate. Not all hatred is wrong, and it should not be supressed when you genuinely feel it.
edit on 30/12/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I know. It's fun.

There are mods here, I don't mean Rise Against because he can't do anything in this thread, but I've seen at least one post removed because of T&C violations. They don't seem too concerned with this thread being hijacked as a USA > YOU thing though, so I'm just going to get my jollies by messing with oper8zhin or whatever his name is.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No my point still stands, we dont need guns in UK for home defence. Not saying thats the case in USA as there millions of guns circulating so if they was a ban those guns wont go away.

So you just confirmed my original point! You admit that examples such as mine (that you claim doesnt happen) is a possibility!! And since you cannot provide me a location on earth where such a scenario is GUARENTEED to never occur, you solidify even further what my point was. Thanks for confirming my replies!! :lol

Because this is a international site? And everyone has opinions. Does'nt mean they have a say. Really if most of you American are pro gun then the opinion of a few brits wont hurt. Not like we can vote in the USA. Nor will will inavde you and enforce our evil Britsih ways on you.

Eactly, so what was your original issue then? Another point of mine confirmed! Thanks again!

See above. You are entiled to your opinion. Just phase it more repectfully rather than like a half wit red neck with a supirority complex.
Oh stereotypes I see? You sound like the "redneck".

We fight with word rather than guns but we still fight. Infact we havent lost our right to a fair trial like you in the USA. Rember we abolished slavery decades before the USA and with a civil war. Our cultures are diffrent.

You have less rights then Americans on that one as well!! Thanks for confirming everything I have been saying!! CHEERS to you.

And slow down with your typing. It is starting to give me a headache trying to interpret what you are intending to type and say. "Bloody" painful.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join