It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
this is just the beginning people, We are supposed to have freedom of speech yet we are not allowed to express negative opinion, just expected to shut up and agree with what the establishment tells us is truth. Agenda 21 is clamping down hard and many people on this planet are seen by the UN as unsustainable. I have lost count of the amount of comedy sketches in the UK in the past, taking the piss out of scousers, including Harry Enfields sketch called "the scousers" Im from Essex and we get the piss taken to. so the # what!. It is only the authorities that make a big deal out of it. Remember "This is a democracy.....Because they say so" This is all part of thought crime and soon people like us who actually bother to look and question things will be seen in society as rebels or terrorists. just for caring and educating ourselves. whilst they tear across the world causing death, poverty, famine, and suffering everywhere they go. And they have got the nerve to call it humanitarianism. What a joke. what upsets me the most is that most people are thick as fudge and cant see past their own noses. I fear we are lost. Check out this site.
New World New Age

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AprenticeofLight

A few people in this thread have postulated that he was actually arrested for making a veiled shooting threat in the video where he says "you're lucky I'm not like that cumbria guy."

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AprenticeofLight

Yes, but it's not about taking the p$ss out of people, it's about making threatening, violent rants to an entire city and as soon as he referenced Cumbria, that was clearly a sign that he could be a danger to other people (never mind insulting the entire population of Liverpool, which could result in violence towards him)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
It is sad to see, seems like freedom of speech is under constant assualt in Britain. Here is an idea: how about you block him if his online rant hurts your fragile feelings? Getting a police involved over an online post is a mockery of justice.

I feel that it means we as people can't be trusted to handle a situation like that on our own, by either banning this individual or having a 'right go' back at him. No instead we are so stupid that we need to ask for the police to 'help' us making it better...
I mean some adult people now wear 'onesies' [those ridiculous toddler suits], why shouldn't they ask their 'big brother' to step in and make the nasty man go away? I fear the infantilisation of the nation is well under way.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
People do it all the time, call us Scousers for all sorts but it is never to our faces, always behind a camrea or the internet.

Hope he gets whats coming to him one day.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Several people in this thread have postulated that he was arrested for his veiled shooting threats in the video, not his remarks about scousers. It's possible he was taken in for being offensive, but so is the cumbria thing. We'll know more as the story unfolds.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

How do you ban an individual? Ban him from what? And I hope you're not suggesting that anyone who is offended by him should mete out their own justice, and if so, what would you suggest?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If he threatened others with shooting then yes he should be arrested but if all he did was upset people without the threat of harm then he wouldn’t have been arrested in the states.

This doesnt sound like a threat."you're lucky I'm not like that cumbria guy." People say crap like that all the time.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

He probably wouldn't have been arrested here either.

Unless the police have took him in to protect him.

EDIT: As I said earlier, the plod are on edge as of late. I don't think they like being shot in the face, so they're (quite rightly) taking every gun threat seriously.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Grimpachi

He probably wouldn't have been arrested here either.

Unless the police have took him in to protect him.

That may just be the issue. He may have been picked up for his own protection because of death threats ect After it dies down he will probably be released with a hefty fine to pay for the inconvince he caused the police.
edit on 30-12-2012 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
To bad the British government and military have all the guns. You know, like the British people wanted. Let the government rule while you just work, right? The British people have no power, congratulations.

Feels great to be silenced by your government, does it not? Maybe they will do it more, and you will call it tyranny, and then just maybe, just maybe you would have realised, there is more to the picture than just murders.
edit on 30-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

We've been over this, almost 3 pages worth of posts have been removed because of if you want to look through the thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
If he threatened others with shooting then yes he should be arrested but if all he did was upset people without the threat of harm then he wouldn’t have been arrested in the states.

This doesnt sound like a threat."you're lucky I'm not like that cumbria guy." People say crap like that all the time.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Did you watch the video and see his rage? He is clearly disturbed, so I think being taken into custody, even if just to get him some medical help was probably a good idea

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Been over what? Is it wrong for me to say the British government is becoming tyrannical? You dont like how the government or city runs things? Oh, okay. Now fall back in line, or rot in prison. What can you do? Throw rocks at them?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

We've been over this, almost 3 pages worth of posts have been removed because of if you want to look through the thread.

Ignore him. Dont fed the red necks

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It doesn't really matter what I like. As I said, almost 3 pages worth of posts have been removed because they said exactly what you're saying now. What's the point?

(From page 9.)

Originally posted by neformore

Heads up

The title of this thread, and the subject of discussion here is

"Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims"

It isn't "lets start a territorial pissing contest between the US and the UK.

So let me make this clear, that rubbish stops now, ok?

As for peoples opinions - on ATS you are expected to be CIVIL, not act like you are in a schoolyard. I hope that's clear.

If you feel the need to be childish and uncivil, there are plenty of other places on the internet you can be right now.

This is the only warning I'm going to give. Heed it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yeah, that's funny isnt? It's very funny that you get arrested for sharing your opinion.

Is the term "Redneck" meant to be an insult? I have a college degree in Military Science and Diplomacy, and one semester away from getting my second degree in Number Theory and Computer Science.
Funny isnt it? Oh, not to mention i am a Marine. Funny isnt it?
Not to mention, i had an IED go off on me. Funny isnt it?

I am just a redneck, i havent done anything.

Yeah, just a simple ole redneck that is to stupid to pick up a stick.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Your education and experiences do not make your points valid.

Your education and experiences allow you to make valid points.

Anyway, as I keep saying, the point is that I would love nothing more than to enter a pissing contest with you about which country's dad would win in a fight, there's no point as the posts will be removed.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We have that Looney Westborough church here that spreads hate and talks about how people should die all the time. It isn’t against the law to do what they do but it is distasteful to say the least. No matter how angry or worked up he was if he didn’t make a direct threat he wouldn’t have been arrested or taken into custody in the states. If he made a direct clear threat or incited violence then he would have been arrested here but the direct quote he made regardless of the emotion behind it would not have been against the law.

There isn’t such a fine line here it would have to be cut and dry.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is fast becoming a disturbing trend in this country.

The fact is there are many who will agree with him being arrested and think it is a good thing.

Until they say something which someone doesn't like...

Just because somebody says something that someone may not like does not mean they should be arrested.

It reminds me almost of when you're at school and you go and tell the teacher because someone said something bad or called you a name.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join