It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Have you ever been told about "The Wormhoudt Massacre"? 80 British and French P.O.W's slaughtered by the Waffen SS in May 1940. This is an even greater atrocity in my mind:-

en.wikipedia.org...

coalhousefort-gallery.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Your defense over what was found factually false is questionable. Also, the fact you refuse to admit atrocities happened from both sides is very telling. If you were there you would know that all sides did evil things, the one who did the least evils won and then proceeded to do more evils then the original enemy.

Secretly helping Nazi scientists escape to America? Hiding known war crimes from the public?

Can you say with certainty what you saw was used for what you were told it was used for? Did you see them use it that way? Or was it there for you just to confirm what you had heard?

It's easy to play a soldier's mind and make them believe whatever you want to get them fighting for you.

To go around never questioning the official story is to be a sheep. Truth is what will set us all free and determine what's right and what's wrong. After 60 years it's high time we knew the truth.
edit on 30-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

i've been there, i've seen it, and i've spoken to someone that was one of the prisoners. that's as factual as it can get.

i haven't refused to admit that both sides caused atrocities. it's more than obvious that both sides did. what's your problem?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Explanation: St*rred!

I agree 100% that context is extremely important and I can indeed walk a mile in these soldiers shoes in my mindseye and using my mirror neurons and my historical knowledge of what occured [to the best of my understanding] and see that how they reacted was natural and wild.

It was still a war crime .. and ones that went unpunished.

Hypocrisy seems to be the price of victory.

Personal Disclosure: Ok ... I endured the tasteles and foul process to count the bodies in the picture and although the picture quality does not lend itself to an easy analysis ... I counted 15 bodies [all germans?
].

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

These people were soldiers, not families. It's terrible when anybody is executed (or killed by any means for any reason, period) but, really... these guys weren't exactly working in soup kitchens handing out food to the Jews.

Honestly, if I walked into that camp and saw all the dead children and mothers, I'm not sure how I'd react. I'd like to say I'd be humane to the soldiers who were responsible but a person can never know how they'd react in that situation until they are confronted with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

One that same note, do you know what German soldiers did to Russian women. Doesnt make it right, but it happened on both sides on an almost industrial scale.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
If it were me, I would have handed weapons to the people in the concentration camp, and let them be the judge of their captors.

You gave them the guns and, an entire country and a carte blanche full of the world's self guilt and now they're using it to wipe out other kind of people - ironic.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Neo-nazis posting on the ATS forum, trying to find ways to excuse the slaughter of 30 million victims in the concentration camps by making us feel sorry for these thugs and psychopathic animals being executed by russian and american troops.

Nice one.

Whats next? Some kind of sob story where we are to feel sorry for the Pol pot murderers that slaughtered over 2 million cambodians?
edit on 30-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Talk about painting with a big brush.
You have no idea what you are talking about and need to rethink how you see the world.

To the OP thanks this was really interesting story I love history.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

One that same note, do you know what German soldiers did to Russian women. Doesnt make it right, but it happened on both sides on an almost industrial scale.

The Russians remembered this and did the same thing if not worse after the war. It was a terrible time in history.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
I don't know that I have much sympathy over it. I have heard of these things before as well but to say they were innocent germans just following orders is very misleading. I think soldiers in any army are conditioned and hitler's army was very conditioned to hate and torture the jews and anyone else in the camp... the things they did to fellow human beings is still unimaginable to me. How can you watch and kill women and children in the way the did and not be affected by it? To believe your doing an honorable thing for your country? I don't have much if any sympathy for those conditioned soldiers unless your argument is that they could have been "unconditioned" after the war but that is highly speculative too because hate is not an easy thing to override in one's mindset.

I agree somewhat. What Hitler et al did to the Germans could have been done to any nation under similar circumstances.

It could still happen today, People are no different. With the right set of circumstances I think people here in the UK could turn like that with the right kind of hate and scapegoat for some political objective or other. It is mass manipulation and Machievelli knew all about that many hundreds of years ago!!!
edit on 30-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: there are 2 "L"s in MachiavelLi don't you know!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Monger

The Russians remembered this and did the same thing if not worse after the war. It was a terrible time in history.

Yes it was a terrible time. Half my family are missing because of it.

Things much better now in many ways though still so far to go. Keep up the good fight to keep the peace so our youths can grow and shine!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
War is hell, these kinds of things have been happening in war since the first war was fought way back at the dawn of time.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
To quote the Fallout series;

War. War never changes.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Neo-nazis posting on the ATS forum, trying to find ways to excuse the slaughter of 30 million victims in the concentration camps by making us feel sorry for these thugs and psychopathic animals being executed by russian and american troops.

Nice one.

Whats next? Some kind of sob story where we are to feel sorry for the Pol pot murderers that slaughtered over 2 million cambodians?
edit on 30-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

well, isnt this just fine. the same old same ol'. anybody bringing up the dirty past about America or the alies which in this case is a war crime, is bagged now as a neo-nazi to silence them.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Have you ever been told about "The Wormhoudt Massacre"? 80 British and French P.O.W's slaughtered by the Waffen SS in May 1940. This is an even greater atrocity in my mind:-

en.wikipedia.org...

coalhousefort-gallery.com...

Yes and this is an atrocity that would have been a war crime if they could prove a strong enough case.

www.independent.co.uk... -up-to-90-british-prisoners-stephen-ward-reports-1401146.html

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2."

That title bugs me from a certain perspective. The slaughter there was not of "Nazis" but all the people that were brought there for disposal. That looks more like a firing squad to me. I said looks like. If it would have been a retribution thing it wouldn't look so organized. Maybe expedient, but who knows? Its a photo.

Lots of camps were overrun by the allies, sometimes the camp guards tried hiding among the prisoners. I was looking for some of that but no luck. The prisoners ferreted them out and in some cases they got revenge in full view of the allied soldiers.

It was in the throes of war. Like some killing is okay, right? Americans and the British firebombed whole cities of non combatants. How am I supposed to react to some stories of massacres on the front?

Tens of millions died before it was over.

The world is playing on that brink again...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The soldier onthe far right appears to be cradling a .30 Browning machine gun in his lap (see rear grip and barrel). The soldier walking toward him has a .30 cal. ammo can, (appropriate match to the .30 cal Browning.) The soldier next to the Browning holder may be holding the stand for the Browning but it's hard to get a good visual on it.
The .30 Browning machine gun would be a wise choice for mass execution.

There's a lot of bodies on the ground. (30-50 my guess) None wearing prision strips. All with the same color cloth as the 3 German POWs still standing.

An interesting photo. One I have not seen before. I will be investigating this furthur
(the photo you supplied seems ominous but may be out of context)

Thanks for a new distraction from my reponsibilities
Oh and a new bit of WW2 history perhaps,

your friend &WW2 amature historian, Grubblesnert

edit on 30-12-2012 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)
PS edit for clarification: the soldier which I thought was holding the Browning stand actually appears to be cover the 3 standing POWs possibly with aThompson or other small weapon (M3?) The ammo can guy has the M-1 carbine slung on his shoulder.
edit on 30-12-2012 by grubblesnert because: PS clarify

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think what most people on this thread have missed is that the guards at the camp were all fresh. They were not the guards that had run the camp.

You need to look up Heinrich Wicker who was the man put in charge. He surrendered the camp, but his 250 man unit was scratch built in the weeks before to take over from the real guards and officers who retreated back to Berlin. The idea was that a fresh unit would not be massacred as they could explain the situation.

You can see Wicker here, third from left in the cap. He was murdered soon after this picture was taken.

One thing I remember was that the Americans were discusted by the crispness of their uniforms when the prisoners were all in rags.

Theres more pictures of him here and others of Americans gleefully posing next to the men they have just murdered.

holocaustrevisionism.blogspot.com...

I have always been touched by the Heinrich Wicker story as he was stuck with a difficult job that was not of his choosing. He was otherwise a non descript soldier having served in the SS Artillery or something and having been wounded at some point and so given an easier role.

Obviosly there are a lot of other sad stories about prisoners etc, but if your dealing with the Dachau massacre then you need to understand that the unit that surrendered the camp under Heinrich Wicker was a scratch unit put together deliberatly to relieve the real camp soldiers who retreated to Germany with many of the more important political prisoners.

I signed up just to add that as I spent quite a while researching Heinrich Wicker a few years ago and noted that you had all missed that significant point.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join