It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Thanks for bringing this up OP.
However, this is just the tip of the famous iceberg.

Just google: Rhine meadow camps

No worries!

I did not know about that! That is insane!!!!! Thanks for the heads up mate!!!!

Some of the Rhine meadow camps are just 20 miles from where I live. In Rheinberg there has been build a suburb (Annaberg) at the site of one of the camps. There is a steady local rumor that many human remains were found by people digging in their gardens.
There are a lot of flaws in the official story, like the mortality rate in the camps which was supposedly lower than the general rate.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The Fog of War is pretty poisonious sometimes. Nice work.

Ha! Wikipedia calls it "Dachau liberation reprisals". A genteel name for massacre.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit

edit on 30-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by Regenstorm

lower than the general rate?

You forgot to end your comment with "Zieg heil mein fuhrer!"

At least that would excuse your ignorant remark.

My grandfather fought nazi dogs during the second world war and he never spared a single one in combat. He had seen what they did with chidren and women in villages they rampaged and looted on their way back to germany during the end of the war.

edit on 30-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

so you decide to be as ignorant as your perceived interpretation of the previous poster?

there was nothing ignorant about the previous post. yours, however, is rude and downright out of order.

your grandfather fought a war against other human beings. don't you realise that most ordinary people in ANY war don't want to hurt other people or do things against basic human rights?

i find YOUR post offensive in the extreme. get off your high horse princess, it wasn't you fighting was it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Regenstorm

lower than the general rate?

You forgot to end your comment with "Zieg heil mein fuhrer!"

At least that would excuse your ignorant remark.

My grandfather fought nazi dogs during the second world war and he never spared a single one in combat. He had seen what they did with chidren and women in villages they rampaged and looted on their way back to germany during the end of the war.

Official claims that the German prisoner death rate was under 1% have been disputed and the conditions in some of the camps that housed captured German soldiers support claims for a higher mortality rate.[13] For comparison the British civilian post-war mortality rate was 1.2% while in America, where there were no food shortages, the U.S. civilian mortality rate did not fall below 1% until 1948. Anglo American troops held in German POW camps had suffered a 4% mortality rate which was praised by the ICRC who credited the low figure to the German military ensuring that POWs continued to receive Red Cross food parcels despite their own food shortages in the final months of the war.[14]

Source

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

There is no point to your comments besides the facts that you wish to stir the members up and derail this thread.

Consider yourself reported.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The USA allowed the former prisoners to torture and execute the former guards also.

Well good for them. They did the right thing..
edit on 30-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think if I had liberated one of these camps and seen the horrors within, It would be difficult for me to not do the same thing...

I wouldn't say their actions were right or even justifiable, but also they are not completely alien or evil or unreasonable almost.

A tough one either way

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

That's borderline hate crime type remarks man. Nazis were not dogs they were average people hemmed up in some terrible crap a few lied to and manipulated an entire country into doing something evil for their best iterest EXACTLY what the USA did in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN. Are the USA soldiers hemmed up in that "dogs"?

Many nazis commited Suicide rather than fight and many killed themselves after the fact beause were part of such a terrible force. American soldiers are doing the same.
edit on 30-12-2012 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I honestly don't care. Massacres were a common thing in WW2. Japan and the soviet union I think took the cake. Germany might come in second only to the Soviet union. SOoooooo

WW2 was awful, and?

At least the US rebuilt Europe after with the marshal plan. Their families are alive and doing arguably better than if they had to rebuild themselves for many decades while living in poverty and desolation.

I dont care that the US is not perfect. Show me 1 country that is or is not worse than the US.

This is getting old.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

This interests me, did the USA bring more than loans for rebuilding Europe or was it all just loans?

I know some of my family worked in the rebuilding of West Germany and other parts of Europe first I have heard of USA doing actual building other than bases or camps

Any more info?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

As I said in my earlier comment. You allow one Nazi sympathiser to spread nazi propaganda on these forums, the others follow up quickly.

Did you sleep during history lessons son?

During the period 1930-45, do you know how many germans belonged to the:

Schutzstaffel (SS)? Or child agencies like Waffen SS-Totenkopfverbände, Hitler jugend (the breeding ground of future nazis)? Not to forget the party itself?

Have you any idea how many people these dogs from hell slaughtered on their way into russia, or in Nazi concentration camps and so on?

Do you know how common it was to approve of Nazi ideology during Hitlers highpoint (1933-34) when all of Germany venerated him like a God (see old history docs).

I could go on but what I find more interesting is to see how the usual nazi sympathisers gather around a thread and start puking up nice well formulated excuses about how sorry we all should feel for these animals and how they were forced into war..awww....

Should we say the same thing about the serbian soldiers whom delightfully slaughtered kosvo albanians during the 90s, crushing the skulls of small children towards a house wall in front of their mothers (yes SS Nazis applied same tech in Russia during operation barbarossa)? Are they just misunderstood humans too?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I used to work with an old Croation fellow that was put into the German Army in 1944 when he was 14 and he told me some interesting stuff that you usually do not get to hear. In his platoon there was only one German boy and the rest were from other countries. When his commanding officer surrendered to the Americans they were told to put thier weapons in one pile; their uniform jackets in another pile but were allowed to keep their pants. They were then told to go home to their mothers. There were only kids left to fight in the end. I wonder how many of these so called evil nazis were just kids that could not even speak German and put up against the wall?
He reckoned most of the soldiers hated the SS and the gestapo and in the end the gestapo had to go around in pairs or the the regular soldiers would kill them.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

John, this has nothing to do with the nazi's own crimes, it is solely pointing out that war crimes don't limit themselves to one side or the other. Look at the mass bombings of cities by the Americans both in Germany and Japan, barbaric acts of barbaric people. One side doesn't have a monopoly on hate and pure evil.

I like your name by the way. Loved the books, hated the movie. Author Ray Bradbury said that Edgar Rice Burroughs was the best writer of the 20th century.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Would your Grandfather if he was a soldier today have the same approach to "the enemy" in Afghan or Iraq? That all rag heads must die? I know people I grew with who had views like that who ARE soldiers, uneducated and dangerous. Yes nazi's done some evil stuff just like the taliban, it does not call for the labelling of an entire race of people... If you do that your no better than those your trying to defeat

I'm glad your Grandfather never saw the atrocities comitted on the eastern front thats all I can say about that.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I'm not Sympathizing with nazis just pointing out that few =/= all. When the Americans went into Iraq they shot very man women and child deemed "possible threat" if a insurgent ran into a group of people the whole crowded felt the .50 cal. enemy ran into a house? Toss in a few frags and collect the bodies. THAT IS A FACT. So are you saying Americans are not on the same page as Nazis? War is crappy but not everyone was the person you said they were.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by marbles87

As I said in my earlier comment. You allow one Nazi sympathiser to spread nazi propaganda on these forums, the others follow up quickly.

No one here is a Nazi sympathiser. We are just discussing the Dachau massacre and other events and occurrences which happened during WW2.

Did you sleep during history lessons son?

During the period 1930-45, do you know how many germans belonged to the:

Schutzstaffel (SS)? Or child agencies like Waffen SS-Totenkopfverbände, Hitler jugend (the breeding ground of future nazis)? Not to forget the party itself?

Have you heard of propaganda? Nazi Germany's propaganda was obviously effective and drew in a lot of people who did not really know what they were getting in to.

Have you any idea how many people these dogs from hell slaughtered on their way into russia, or in Nazi concentration camps and so on?

They weren't dogs, they were humans...

Slaughters happened on both sides of the war. So no sides is innocent.

Do you know how common it was to approve of Nazi ideology during Hitlers highpoint (1933-34) when all of Germany venerated him like a God (see old history docs).

Due to the propaganda yet again...

I could go on but what I find more interesting is to see how the usual nazi sympathisers gather around a thread and start puking up nice well formulated excuses about how sorry we all should feel for these animals and how they were forced into war..awww....

No one is saying that we should feel sorry for them...NO ONE.

It is true that a lot of the Nazi soldiers were forced in to war. A lot of them were conscripted...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
this seems like the right place to post this video
a very, very interesting and controversal (to some, not me) video from a jew no less

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
this seems like the right place to post this video
a very, very interesting and controversal (to some, not me) video from a jew no less

Thanks for that. I'll have a watch.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

The Marshall Plan

The Need

Europe was devastated by years of conflict during World War II. Millions of people had been killed or wounded. Industrial and residential centers in England, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Belgium and elsewhere lay in ruins. Much of Europe was on the brink of famine as agricultural production had been disrupted by war. Transportation infrastructure was in shambles. The only major power in the world that was not significantly damaged was the United States.

Aid to Europe

From 1945 through 1947, the United States was already assisting European economic recovery with direct financial aid. Military assistance to Greece and Turkey was being given. The newly formed United Nations was providing humanitarian assistance. In January 1947, U. S. President Harry Truman appointed George Marshall, the architect of victory during WWII, to be Secretary of State. Writing in his diary on January 8, 1947, Truman said, “Marshall is the greatest man of World War II. He managed to get along with Roosevelt, the Congress, Churchill, the Navy and the Joint Chiefs of Staff and he made a grand record in China. When I asked him to be my special envoy to China, he merely said, ‘Yes, Mr. President I'll go.’ No argument only patriotic action. And if any man was entitled to balk and ask for a rest, he was. We'll have a real State Department now.”

In just a few months, State Department leadership under Marshall with expertise provided by George Kennan, William Clayton and others crafted the Marshall Plan concept, which George Marshall shared with the world in a speech on June 5, 1947 at Harvard. Officially known as the European Recovery Program (ERP), the Marshall Plan was intended to rebuild the economies and spirits of western Europe, primarily. Marshall was convinced the key to restoration of political stability lay in the revitalization of national economies. Further he saw political stability in Western Europe as a key to blunting the advances of communism in that region.

The European Recovery Program

Sixteen nations, including Germany, became part of the program and shaped the assistance they required, state by state, with administrative and technical assistance provided through the Economic Cooperation Administration (ECA) of the United States. European nations received nearly $13 billion in aid, which initially resulted in shipments of food, staples, fuel and machinery from the United States and later resulted in investment in industrial capacity in Europe. Marshall Plan funding ended in 1951.

Results

Marshall Plan nations were assisted greatly in their economic recovery. From 1948 through 1952 European economies grew at an unprecedented rate. Trade relations led to the formation of the North Atlantic alliance. Economic prosperity led by coal and steel industries helped to shape what we know now as the European Union.
www.marshallfoundation.org...

What that is not enough? Did we NEED to do that? The UN didn't send people as well? Who WAS the UN after WW2? Not a single American went to Europe under the UN banner to provide humanitarian relief? We didn't keep boots in Greece and else where to provide security?

Don't be ungrateful just because you don't like us...

edit on 30-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join