It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifteen-year-old battles for a woman's right to go topless anywhere a man can go topless.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Europeans have to be laughing at our shame of showing breasts....

Unfortunately, I think they laugh at us for more than just not showing breasts and having such shame with our bodies....

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm already paying WAY too much for car insurance.

Get Geico, my friend, then everyone can go topless!

Seriously though, if everyone went topless that would lose its appeal very quickly.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Get Geico, my friend, then everyone can go topless!

Seriously though, if everyone went topless that would lose its appeal very quickly.

Wow.. now I think Geico has a real advertising campaign here! Get Geico, and everyone can go topless! I can just picture the ads now with that little lizzard. Or could it be the plastic surgeons office - "Well Cindy, those implants have ruptured and you will be forever lopsided and some mean people from ATS will now make fun of you, but the good news is, I just saved a bundle on my car insurance!"

Can you imagine the savings on clothing if topless was an option? No more $60 bathing suits... no more $25 bra's at Victorias Secret... maybe THATS the conspiracy aspect of it. We're clothed and hung up about boobs for profit! Yeah!

Dae

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Their main purpose is for feeding ones young...yes, the breast has erogenous zones....what does that have to do with people acting like fools? The back of the neck, ears, the stomach are also erogenous zones...so what's your point!?

Umm my point? No point really and it certainly didn't have anything to do with people acting like fools.

Breasts are there for feeding purposes.

I was just saying that there are other 'reasons' for breats.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Their main purpose is for feeding ones young...yes, the breast has erogenous zones....what does that have to do with people acting like fools? The back of the neck, ears, the stomach are also erogenous zones...so what's your point!?

Umm my point? No point really and it certainly didn't have anything to do with people acting like fools.

Breasts are there for feeding purposes.

I was just saying that there are other 'reasons' for breats.

I don't think there is....their pupose is for feeding. Matter of different opinions here.

EDIT: They may be involved iin sexual activity....but theri purpose is for feeding.

[edit on 10/26/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have always pondered the thought of why women can't do that. I think its a great idea

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Shameless.

This is exactly the reason why fifteen year olds should not be making decisions. Some of them can, and do well to, but most haven't the experience this harsh world has to offer.

I would never agree with the statement that many have made that provocative dress of a woman invites sexual violence, but I would agree that it stirs up the biological, primal emotions in men. If a man cannot control his urges, and commits rape, he should in all instances pay. Dearly.

Unfortunately, many do not pay dearly, and I would hate for this little girl, or any woman for that matter to have to suffer the indignity and lasting, emotional pain caused by rape.

What happened to modesty being a virtue? This world has lost it's marbles many times over now.

[edit]Changed country in last line to world for clarity and accuracy.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Unfortunately, I think they laugh at us for more than just not showing breasts and having such shame with our bodies....

True, in France they have a kids program with topless women, Ive seen nudity on daytime TV in the UK.

When youre bought up with nudity then its not a problem, you can go to a beach and see topless women and its not a problem.

However if it is banned from the airwaves then a huge fuss breaks out for showing 1/2 second of nipple. People in the US seem to have trouble seperating nudity form sexual behaviour.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There is another option, but I can�t post it here.
Here�s a link instead (to another thread).
Americans, don�t click here...
(From Copenhagen, Denmark)

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well I can certainly see who, with comments of cameras and such, of this board, and most of Americas men are immature and unevolved (but then I already knew that of America in whole)

Originally posted by mwm1331
The obese are a drain on the economy,

WTF??? How do you come to that conclusion?
Are you saying because they eat to much? Eat more = buy more = booste economy.

Red ballon show me a case where any of the other groups you mentoned caused a flight to crash simply by being on the flight.
www.buzzle.com...

Gonna nail you on that one. That flight crash was NOT due to wverweight people.
NTSB investigation shows: .....:The control panels that raise and lower the plane's
nose, known as elevators, were misadjusted by the maintenance workers Jan.
6. When the plane took off two days later, its nose shot skyward because it
was overloaded and tail-heavy. The pilots could not level it because of the
misadjusted elevator controls.".........

Don't EVEN say "well fat popel were in the back" or any similarity thereof; based on this - the rear of a Beechcraft 1900D is the cargo area. If that craft had NO people/cargo on it, it would most certainly have STILL crashed due to the mere fact that the elevators were screwed. IF any overweight people had ANYthing to do with this scenario, one can only divert cause of the crash to the pilot, as he is the ONE person to make the ok for flight call.

Also, of the article you linked to, the statement of wieght is this "Investigators from the FAA believe that flawed weight estimates could have contributed to a crash in Charlotte, North Carolina, earlier this month which killed all 21 people on board"...... Do you see anwhere in there the word OVERweight?

This is america you have the right to be fat and I have the right to call you a fat lazy pig.

With that comment I see you are still in puberty.

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Kids don't play outside much anymore, they don't walk to school much anymore, mom's not at home cooking healthy meals, and there's plenty of video games. No wonder kids are gaining weight.

Fine point, sadly tho - all too tru.

Jeez people, grow the hell up.

Misfit

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Take a stroll through your local, mall, Wal-Mart, or other place where there are large numbers of people gathered. As everyone walks past you ask yourself, "Self- would you actually want to see these people naked?" The answer will be a decided "No!" There are times when I wish that there were a law against some men not wearing shirts.

To be more serious, I'm against any pointless law that restricts people from doing things due to a religious standpoint. If she wants to be topless, the let her. Texas law seems to go out of their way to restrict females.

It shall be unlawful for any person to appear on any public street, sidewalk, alley, or other public thoroughfare, in or such close proximity thereto, as to be observed by the public traveling on such street, sidewalk, or other public thoroughfare, in a state of complete nudity, or in such a manner of dress or of undress in a manner which exposes to the public view such person's genitalia and/or buttocks, and in the case of a female, the female breasts.

All males with ugly saggy breast are free to flop anywhere they want.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I live in Ontario, Canada, where it is legal for women to be topless in bublic places, as long as their toplessness is not done in a sexual manner.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for having the choice to be topless if I want to be, and have been when working in my yard, or sitting in the park on a particularly hot day. I would never go topless in the middle of a large crowd though..i'e...shopping. But it's my choice, and Im glad of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeesh!

That's all we need is women walking around topless. Does any guy really want to hear this from every topless girl walking down the street?

"Hey don't stare at my boobs! I do this for me, not so you can objectify me!" or the always popular "My eyes are up here buddy!"

We're men, don't give us another reason to stare.

What if your on a date with a girl who is wearing a top and another girl walks by your table who is topless and let's assume she has the most magnificent pair of chi chi yambagos you've ever seen.

Date: "Were you staring at that girls boobs?"
Guy: "huh?"
Date: "You were staring at that girls boobs weren't you?!"
Guy: "Um, no?"
Date: "You are such a pig, what is with men! You want to stare at mine too!"
Guy: "Um, yes? Um, No?, Um, please?"
Waiter: "May I take your order?"
Date: "I'll have the three most expensive things on the menu, to go."
Guy: "Six shots of tequila please."

This should make sexual harrasment a lot more interesting.

Spider(booby staring)j

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Spider, I think you just summed up my teen years. A good part of my 20's as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
SpiderJ, you really don't give men and women enough credit. Heck, I even point it out to my hubby when I see a nice rack or butt walking by. Good fun had by all LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
After reading many of these posts, I have to say I am so very, very thankful that I have the husband that I have!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

After reading many of these posts, I have to say I am so very, very thankful that I have the husband that I have!

I consider this statement a direct personal insult to many of the people who have posted on this thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

SpiderJ, you really don't give men and women enough credit. Heck, I even point it out to my hubby when I see a nice rack or butt walking by. Good fun had by all LOL

Yeah but you're from Canada where people tend to be more open minded and comfortable about themselves and sexuality as a whole.

Here in America it's a different culture (no matter what people say) sexually. Women are paranoid and men are repressed and we're all sexually backwards compared to Canada and Europe.

So a woman not wearing a top is bound to get every american man who sees her in trouble somehow at some point.

Don't get me wrong, love the boobies just think it's a mistake in america until we get ourselves together emotionally.

Plus do we really want to give the terrorists another reason to blow us up?

Yeesh.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Take a stroll through your local, mall, Wal-Mart, or other place where there are large numbers of people gathered. As everyone walks past you ask yourself, "Self- would you actually want to see these people naked?" The answer will be a decided "No!"

I guess thats the difference between you and me
I'll look at anyone naked. I won't necessarilly be turned on by anyone, but I'd look anyway. I think self would say "SELF! Let's go to Walmart!"

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So a woman not wearing a top is bound to get every american man who sees her in trouble somehow at some point.

SpiderJ, is the self control of men in the US that bad?

And how would women being topless give terrorists another reason? I don't get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join