It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifteen-year-old battles for a woman's right to go topless anywhere a man can go topless.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Maybe this has already been said, I've read parts of this thread through out the day, and those that have taken it seriously have made good points. What I would suggest gets right back to the original scenario illustrated byu the 15 year old that started this all.

If a women wishes to recreate in the nude, she should not be prohibited. However safety, hers and the public's should be a concern.

Topless in the park enjoying the summer sun, good.
Topless welding, bad.

Topless swimming, good.
Topless hot dog vendor, bad.

Topless roller blading, good and bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I'm all for it as long as there is an upper weight limit.
Say no women over 150lbs.
I also believe big girls should be forbidden from buying or wearing spandex.

I second the motion, do we have a third to pass it?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Being a woman, I've got to say "Heck yes we should be able to go topless! What makes it any different than a man going topless?!?!!"

but being a relist, I'm going to have to say mmm....don't think so. If breasts were not considered such a sexual symbol in our society, then I'd be all for it. But since they became a raunchy, forbidden, 13 year-old's wet dream, its NOT ok. It's not polite. Showing your ankles was once taboo and ranuchy- people didn't do it. It isn't that way anymore so people don't think twice about it. In societies where rbeasts are not a sexual symbol, toplessness is usually not an issue. But here, in the states, it IS a sex symbol, and our society's ideals are what makes it lewd and unnacceptable. I WISH it wasn't this way, I think it's rediculous that our culture is so obsessed with them. I think breasts are an artistic body feature, not a sexual one. But, that's me, and we're talking about the nation.

If strippers still tease you about showing it, its probably not something that should be seen.

[edit on 10-26-04 by Scat]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
You know you are right clothing is neccesary but I am a man and the idea of topless women all over the place is almost euphoric to the gender from Mars.

Three points:
* large mammaries
* advancing age
* gravity

Add the three up and ask yourself how desperate you are.

(and I say this as someone who's hit the last two and is most annoyed.)

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial

Originally posted by mwm1331
I'm all for it as long as there is an upper weight limit.
Say no women over 150lbs.
I also believe big girls should be forbidden from buying or wearing spandex.

I second the motion, do we have a third to pass it?

SURRRRRREEEE.... as long as we can pass rules about which guys get to look at those of us who are running around topless under those limits! I vote for really cute guys in Speedos with nice muscles, no pot bellies (over 6' and over 170 lbs but under 220 lbs), and nice ...accoutrements (maybe we should have a lower size limit, there)... oh yeah, and some hair. Guys with longer hair.

Whatcha think, girls?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
SURRRRRREEEE.... as long as we can pass rules about which guys get to look at those of us who are running around topless under those limits! I vote for really cute guys in Speedos with nice muscles, no pot bellies (over 6' and over 170 lbs but under 220 lbs), and nice ...accoutrements (maybe we should have a lower size limit, there)... oh yeah, and some hair. Guys with longer hair.

Whatcha think, girls?

Byrd - A reasonable and equitable standard IMO.

If a man is unsure if he is eligible - they should ask themselves this:
- am I wearing black socks with shorts
- do I own a "members only" jacket
- does the girl I plan to ogle attend the same school as my daughter
If you answer yes - you are also banned.

IBM

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If you were a man, would you want your wife or g/f to walk around topless? If you were a woman with an attractive mate would you want him to be exposing certain parts of him freely to others. I would like to see how long that relationship lasts.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Personally, even if nudity was allowed, I'd be very careful. I'm not too sexy for my shirt, I'm too sexy to go without a shirt. Just to get around in life without every woman I meet throwing herself at me, I have to ugly myself up, Harrison Bergeron style, bad hair, big red clown nose, and thick glasses. It's hard even still because so many can see through the guise, and my handsome pheremones appeal to them anyway, which is really what women are interested in. So I try not to bathe, and this only seems to turn them on more. It's a pain in the ass, to be honest. If I walked down the street naked, I'd probably end up in male white slavery, zombified by mind control devices and working forever as a pool boy or house masseuse for a mansion of ultra-rich NWO sugar mommas.

Sad, but true.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
(speaking from an American perspective) I see nothing wrong with public nudity, but I do feel that it should be taken to a vote by the people. Something like this would never make it through congress. Not in this uptight country. In this country, any type of nudity is associated with sex. America hasn't learned to be as open as many European countries in this respect. On the other hand, women can show a lot more than just their eyes without getting in trouble.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Why does she only want to walk around topless? What about Pantless? OR completely nekked.

Women walking around without shirts is like men walking around without pants. Not a good idea.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
If you were a man, would you want your wife or g/f to walk around topless? If you were a woman with an attractive mate would you want him to be exposing certain parts of him freely to others. I would like to see how long that relationship lasts.

I love my wife, and I am comfortable enough in our relationship that if she wanted to take her top off in the park, I would not have a problem with it. I know who she's going home with. The attention that she would get would be good for her ego and mine.

Why do guys drive around on big loud motorcycles, or in "bitchin" cars? It's cause they want other guys to look at what they've got, and covet it.

Just cause someone says to me, "nice bike" doesn't mean I'm going to let them "ride" it.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Why do people not feel ashamed about revealing their eyes, nose, and mouth and ears? All of those body parts can give you pleasure, or are pleasure receptors. You taste something good, smell something nice, see something beautiful, hear something awesome.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join