It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars All moving accross sky extremely fast. implications amazing...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Thank you, I really like it when people explain things to me in plain english, (no sarcasm intended).
I am genuinely interested in the universe and how it all works and your reply basically summed it up in this instance. I guess I still like to hope there's more we don't know but for now I rest easy in the fact that you're probably right!

Much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatsitallabout

Thank you, I really like it when people explain things to me in plain english, (no sarcasm intended).
I am genuinely interested in the universe and how it all works and your reply basically summed it up in this instance. I guess I still like to hope there's more we don't know but for now I rest easy in the fact that you're probably right!

Much appreciated.

There's definitely a lot we do not know yet. But when it comes to things that we do know, we can apply educated guesses or science that has been proven.

If you really want your mind blown, read up on M-Theory/Multiverses. There are also theories that go into particles that resonate or vibrate at different frequencies (String Theory) Basically....its completely possible that there are overlapping universes or membranes but, we are not equipped (Nor ever will be) to sense or detect the particles or mass that its made of...so it can literally be in front of our noses and a being existing in that plane can be right where you are standing and never sense you...and vice versa. I'd like to think that perhaps every once in a while we can detect something...and we attribute this to ghosts or spirits. ;-) But who knows, right?
edit on 29-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Thank you - that sounds awesome! Ill have a look although I worry my small town lady brain might end up fried from all that info!

Appreciate your responses.

Op - hope you get to the bottom of your questions, maybe the answer lies in these quotes from UO. I'm pretty convinced already!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Clouds causeing the star field to speed up and turn to the south? Really? lol. How does a cloud cause the star field to move? I don't want youtube links, give me an objective source.

As some have said, its a matter of perspective. IF this happened (as there is nothing more then personal experience as proof) it would have to be our position which would have moved. Becasue last I've known, the cosmos does not move as fast as what is being suggested. Just because the OP can't provide other witnesses besides family and friends does not mean he didn't witness it. Most people sleep at night and do not look outside. Those who take smoke breaks may only be outside for 5 min. 10 mins. tops. So, the next argument is "amature skywatchers would have reported it.' Really? To whom? And IF this is for real, why do we suppose this information would be released? Maybe these skywatchers can log onto ATS and get trolled. lol.

Here is my hypothesis, not fact, not OMGAWD its real, and not a troll comment.
1. (Plausible explaination) Perhapes the Earth is beginning its cycle away from the solstice. It is a small adjustment, or wobble, and maybe some may be observent enough to notice annomialies such as what the OP described.
2. (Crazy explaination) the daily wobble of the planet has drastically increased causing star fields to move and the moon to be disoriented slightly. By an unknown reason we don't understand. Assuming it is a wobble, the perspective may not be noticible on some nights and greatly so on others.

For those who say, "We would know if changes were happening. I don't see anything..."
How about an algae bloom in the arctic:

Making their way through meter-thick ice aboard the U.S. Coast Guard's largest icebreaker Healy in July last year, scientists observed surprising amounts of fluorescing chlorophyll, indicating the presence of photosynthesizing plant life. -CNN

"If someone had asked me before the expedition whether we would see under-ice blooms, I would have told them it was impossible," said ICESCAPE mission leader Kevin Arrigo of Stanford University, at a press conference announcing the publication of findings in "Science" this month. "This discovery was a complete surprise." -CNN

A wobble could bring warmer waters via ocean current to the arctic. This could also result in greater amount of daily sunlight in the arctic zone, thus providing conditions for a "bloom".

I don't know maybe the OP observed a freak annomilily. Maybe there is more to the story; that being said, lets look at this report in a less biased mannor.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
it could be possible that you were all standing in an anomaly that caused you to experience time moving faster, kind of like the burmuda triangle anomalies reports of missing time, perhaps you perceived the time moving. Ive wondered if our perceptions can bring us back to the proper place in time when this happens, likely if anything did happen it may have been a localized anomaly.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
Clouds causeing the star field to speed up and turn to the south? Really? lol. How does a cloud cause the star field to move?

That question is about as ludicrous as the notion that the entire visible sky would "move" without it being noticed by astronomy departments in universities everywhere.

No one even implied that clouds caused the stars to move. What was suggested, is that the OP was deceived by an illusion caused by fast moving clouds. That, is a very common occurrence and people are dumbfounded and confused by that all the time. Specifically, those who are not that well schooled in basic science and physics.

But yeah, let's throw out the most sensible explanations and rely solely on what people think they see.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This experience was deffinetly confusing and terrifying all at the same time.
Also, I think that it's even more interesting that my family and the original poster witnessed this happening on the same night while he is in Australia and we are in the USA.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

I watch the sky very carefully and have not seen any issues with the Stars. Are you sure you are not seeing Satellites crossing the sky?

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
100% positive it was not satellites. Prior to realizing that constellations were also moving, I was thinking that perhaps it was some type of space debri etc. I have no explanation for this and I hope that I never see it again.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mygeeda
100% positive it was not satellites. Prior to realizing that constellations were also moving, I was thinking that perhaps it was some type of space debri etc. I have no explanation for this and I hope that I never see it again.

Well, its entirely possible you saw something...but, one most look for sensible and logical explanations. I would definitely like to witness the entire night sky moving fast. I've seen clouds causing the illusion...but, not the actual sky moving at a fast rate. That would be something.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mygeeda

The Stars appear to move because of the spin of the Earth. There is no evidence that the Earth is revolving any faster.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Mygeeda
There is no evidence that the Earth is revolving any faster.

Indeed there isn't. It would throw GPS devices a curve ball & satellite receivers on earth would need to be recalibrated. ;-) Not to mention the tides going loco....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No actually it is a relevent question. The OP said the stars appeared to move according to his claim, not disappear. I could see how clouds could make stars "vanish" then "reappear". That's not what the OP claims. Now if you can explain how the cloud explaination fits with what the OP is stating...I am open to be educated. Otherwise, the cloud explaination is extreamly laughible in regard to his observation/claim.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

For such a thing to happen...that being an increase of speed of Earths rotation...would be a disaster as well as an Extinction Level Event.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It may not be the rotation speeding up, as much as slowing down. Like a top which looses momentum and begins to wobble.

The effect may not be as noticible, but the implications are horrifying none the less.

Of course this is a what if thought. Also, why would science reviel this...mass panic to say the least.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

I think you should take a moment to ponder what the implications would be if we were to take the OP's claims at face value. Pretend the earth spun faster on its axis for a brief moment and what that would do. You know, geologically, seismically & the chaos that would ensure with telecommunication satellites and GPS. Think about that for a moment. Then, when you think about how clouds can create the illusion of fast moving stars, you can laugh at the least likely scenario.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
It may not be the rotation speeding up, as much as slowing down. Like a top which looses momentum and begins to wobble.

The effect may not be as noticible, but the implications are horrifying none the less.

Of course this is a what if thought. Also, why would science reviel this...mass panic to say the least.

Earth's slight fluctuations are noticeable and are taken to account with GPS. Why do I know this? Because I write software and I had to take this into account when working on a project last year. The moon's gravitational pull is also noticeable and has to be accounted for, with regards to GPS.

And if the earth's rotation on its axis were to slow down, the stars in the sky would appear to slow down. there would be a noticeable loss in gravitational pull....and cool night sky illusions would be the least of our worries.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

My original premise is NOT the rotation of the Earth, but the wobble of the Earth. My slowing rotation comment is in response to another what if post.

I agree with you. If the rotation were to speed up it would cause meterological, geologic, and geomagnetic instabilities which would be biblical in proportion.

I propose a wobble as it would be much more subtile in its effects, but still causing occational phenomina to occur. A wobble would account for the inconsistance in occurence as well. Why would universities not report such a wobble? Easy. The world would not be able to handle such a revealtion, peer ridicule would be ramppant in the scientific community, so another explaination would have to be theorised.

Don't get me wrong, I am holding a position as "Devil's advocate" and by means don't think this is the end of the world, or whatever. It's an intresting clam and I've heard simular before. But...if the claim was verified, is there really anything we could do about it? lol

BTW, I do appriciate and respect your view. We need more critical thinkers out there,

edit on 29-12-2012 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think the OP and his (cousin?) should look for any similar reports of other witnesses. I've looked around and haven't found anything. Like I said, Its completely possible they saw something....we need more information to know what it actually was.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yep, Yep....this world is not what we think it is....would this qualify as signs in the heavens.....yeszz

I'm a pilot and a detectrive type...outdoorsman...tech minded....the things I have seen....in east Texas...over Dallas one late morning...when no one else was around...in the forest exploring...predator calling at night in washington state(won't go back to that spot without 6 people with me)...etc.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join