It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud huming noises at this very moment, southern Louisiana.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Hi, I live in Calgary Alberta, Canada, and I have heard this same sound for a few years now. I replied to a post about rumbling sky sounds 2 years ago (see below) and my description of it is still the same today. I have been hearing it again for the past few nights (from Christmas Eve until last night). Still, my wife can't hear it sleeping next to me, but it is loud enough to keep me awake at night. I did try making a recording with my iPhone after that reply, but I didn't think it was loud enough to hear (but i was just playing the recording back on my iPhone, rather than on a computer). The next time I hear the hum, I'll make a recording again. I did go outside in the middle of the night to investigate, and I could still hear the hum, but it actually sounded a bit louder while in my house, like the walls of the room may make it reverberate louder.

I can definitely rule out that the sound may be coming from something in my house like a fridge or furnace because I heard the sound quite loudly while sleeping at my In-law's house on Christmas night this year (they live about 10 km / 6 miles from my house).

My reply from two years ago:

posted on 22-3-2011 @ 02:21 PM this post I live in Calgary Alberta Canada, and since the summer of 2009 I have heard a strange low humming sound at night. It only happens about 1 or 2 nights each month. It is not quite as obvious as those videos taken in Florida or Ohio, so I'm not sure if it would be detectable on a recording, but i am going to give it a try next time I hear it.

The sound I hear is more like a low frequency humming that pulsates. It sounds much like a freight train approaching from a distance, but it can last for hours at a time. The strange thing is that I am able to hear it so loudly that it prevents me from sleeping, but my wife laying beside me can't hear it at all. (not sure if males can hear different ranges of frequencies than females).

I have lived in the same area for my entire life, but have not heard this humming until 2009.

Just thought I would post to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

DO you have a AFB base nearby(I'm thinking yes-- I do believe your listening to a pulse ehgine of a fighter jet flying lower than normal)-- have you ever looked into the sky and viewed 'a ring' type comtrail emitted from the afterburners?
ON the ground they have an eerie hum, and feel equally odd to flightline crew as it pulsates right through you...
(It's just a guess, and it's been a while for me)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by braunbear

Only airport that supports the military is the Baton Rouge metropolitan airport. This was at 1am and continued on till I went to bed at 6AM.

You can listen to all of the recordings from any of the links on my original post, pay close attention to the Second Enhanced recording from 338.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That sound is pretty standard in this area of TN. I don't hear it when I go visit my family about an hour north of here.
Also since we moved here my cats started throwing up I didn't realize the possible connection until your post, now I am wondering.....
I have made several recordings of it and posted 2 below.
Sound 1
Sound 2
[small town in the middle of no where, no storm or wind, this sound should not be happening]
*the second sound is looped twice* turn both sounds way up and listen.

edit on 29-12-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is a ton of night time construction going on in Baton Rouge on Interstate 10. Are you near it?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought
There is a ton of night time construction going on in Baton Rouge on Interstate 10. Are you near it?

I was going to point this out myself. Perhaps the OP could check it out and record some near the actual construction and analyze the sound files side by side to check for similarities. I work there alot and you are correct, there is a TON of road work happening there CONSTANTLY!! Arrrrrgggghhhh!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey923

hey Mikey. Im from Calgary as well and like you, have been hearing these "humming sounds" off and on for years. This year however has been the worst for it.. for me anyways. By that I mean really "strong" when it is happening and found that 3 nights ago (Dec.26) very strong! Like you, i hear it outside too but find it louder inside when laying in bed (exactly like you say.. reverberating off the walls) ... so much so, as i couldnt sleep. Anyways, I could go on but ill spare you all the details, i was just glad to see your post.. kinda gives me relief/comfort knowing im not the only one.. in the same city even. Probably would find more people out there experiencing this but i just feel ridiculous talking about it even. Whatever is causing this is a mystery but none the less, it is there and it is happening!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ever notice how dogs, cats or kids will destabilize you just when things are getting interesting? It sounds
like drilling or something similar but could it be? Sound is a funny thing. A hum might imply machinery just as
high pitched whines might imply the wind blowing past tree limbs or masts of ships during a storm perhaps.
Keep us informed.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I’m in the UK. A town called Abingdon, near Oxford and I have had 2 sky noise experiences.
The first was early May 2012 and I had never heard of this phenomenon before and I was really scared. I often sleep with my window open and was woken in the early hours by a noise outside, it scared me so much I was frozen to my bed. My initial “irrational” thoughts were it was a lion in my garden or a dragon on my roof!!!.......but after 20 mins or so, I finally got the courage to get up and close the window. The noise was coming from the sky and not from a neighbour snoring....
The next morning I had a long drive and when I woke at 5am, the first thing I did was turn on the news to see if there had been some sort of “event” that I should be aware of before leaving home.......
Anyway, hearing that got me searching “Sky Noise”...I was amazed at what I found.....but, after many weeks of seeing many videos, my interest dwindled due to the many hoax’s....

So, fast forward to Sept 2012. Again, I was sleeping with my window open, and was woken by a noise outside....similar to what I had heard before....a kind of low hum, every 5 to 10 secs or so...it was about 2am and I rushed downstairs to grab my video camera....which had no charge, so the only option was to record it on video using my HP touch pad.....
My bedroom window faces south east, and I pointed my touch pad out of the window and recorded. This time I woke the wife and asked her to verify that she too could hear these noises.

These are the results:
(background noise sounds like crickets, but I think this is more to do with the poor quality of the device. The periodic low hum is best heard with headphones)

Sky Noise Oxford – 26th Sept 12 – 1

Sky Noise Oxford – 26th Sept 12 - 3

Sky Noise Oxford – 26th Sept 12 – 3

Sky Noise Oxford – 26th Sept 12 – 4

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
One thing I do know...if the sounds the OP heard were similar to the Kiev video and the other real sound recordings from multiple places around the world, there is absolutely now way it was construction or traffic. Now if it was a lot lower in volume and a different sound OK.

I have read where scientists are saying the sound is solar flares careeneing with our atmosphere. Weird thing is, the noises have been haooening for over a year now...if something was going to happen because of them, you'd think it would have happened by now.
edit on 29-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KUBASSA

Hi KUBASSA,

I'm also glad to hear that someone else from my area is hearing this, because I was starting to wonder if it was something wrong with my ears.

The reason I don't believe it is an ear problem however, is that I can plug my ears or put headphones on and listen to music so that I can try and get to sleep, and that seems to block out the sound. Also, any time I travel to a different city or country, I pay attention to see if i can hear the humming at night, and i never have - only in South Calgary.

I really can't come up with a logical explanation for the cause of this sound, and like you, I don't really question other people because they will think i'm crazy. If I were to try and describe the hum, I'd say it sounds like a train approaching from far away like I said in my last post, or I'd say it sounds like a high-voltage power source that pulsates. And it's not a distinguishable sound that you can listen for, and tell which direction it is coming from, or how far away it is, it just fills the room and doesn't seem to change when you adjust your head.

Anyhow, that is my experience with it. Let me know more details about how you would describe it etc.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Is this hum near the sink hole? May be there is a connection.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I hear a LOUD humming noise here is Dallas too. I can't describe it, other than to say it is a humming sound..the government is literally under my feet...How do I kill those bastards? REDRUM?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Just a though!
I was wundering if you happen to have an auto guitar tuner.
Maybe the tuner needle would show some deflection of the needle, giving us a visual of the noise.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
In a continuation of the OP's thread, I too live in EBR. Last night on the way home we heard an odd low rumbling sound like rolling thunder but not rolling thunder. It. Was continuous for at least 5 minutes. Gave us the heebie jeebies. I didn't hear the other sounds in the middle of the night, but I am going to see if I hear anything tonight.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by braunbear

Only airport that supports the military is the Baton Rouge metropolitan airport. This was at 1am and continued on till I went to bed at 6AM.

You can listen to all of the recordings from any of the links on my original post, pay close attention to the Second Enhanced recording from 338.

Ok, so it ended up going for about 5 hours. Did you get any sleep that night?

And you definately hear it in that audio? So it isn't simply ringing in the ears (you mentioned that the sound stayed constant as you went outside, and that it was humming). I've had ringin in the ears before, usually happened at night (because its quiet), and I can notice it suddently, go for ages, and then stop, if I remember correctly. But thats very high pitch, and I could tell it was just in my ears, so its probably different.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I live in pearland Texas, hour or so away from where Op stays.
I got off work around twelve, I wasn't really paying attention to noises but I didn't hear anything
I arrived at my house around twelve ten am.
When I got out I heard noises coming from the sky which it started off like drums, repeated pattern loud then soft. But it had rythem to it. Sounded off, something I never heard before. It was indeed strange, but it sounded like drummers were playing a entrance for someone. Boom, boom, pause, boom, boom, pause... it was on going in the pattern like that for fifteen to twenty minutes. I don't have evidence just my story.
But who knows what I heard

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

When I got out I heard noises coming from the sky which it started off like drums, repeated pattern loud then soft. But it had rythem to it. Sounded off, something I never heard before. It was indeed strange, but it sounded like drummers were playing a entrance for someone. Boom, boom, pause, boom, boom, pause... it was on going in the pattern like that for fifteen to twenty minutes. I don't have evidence just my story.
But who knows what I heard

Here's a portion of how I described what I heard earlier this year on another thread:

I recorded what I heard on Jan 06, 2012...which was several days after my SO was commenting about feeling and hearing very low rumbling noise and vibrations. He asked me several times if I'd experienced it (day and night) and no, I hadn't. He chalked it up to "maybe being a little crazy." Well, after he went to bed late on the 5th, I began to hear and feel strange rumbling noises. At first I thought it may have been a sub woofer thumping several blocks away. But it continued. I was getting concerned that maybe we were getting some low level earthquakes again. Central OK here, and just a bit paranoid after a few major quakes in recent months. I recorded what I heard....and it's nothing like I've ever heard before!

So after at least 2-hours of this annoying noise/vibration from above, I decided to see if I could see and record anything. I opened up my backdoor and recorded the noise for over 4-minutes. It was pitch black outside and could only see a plane or satellite flash, a time or 2. I expected to see something other than total darkness due to the moon phase. The overhead noise had a SW direction to it. Interestingly, at about midpoint of listening while recording, I thought I briefly heard a distant, indistinguishable voice. About 2:36 in the video. I thought perhaps it was coming from a megaphone several blocks to my south. It didn't emanate from the sky noise. It was more like from underground.

Anyway, about a minute after I stopped recording (it was pretty chilly with the door open!) the noise abruptly stopped. Like someone flipped a switch. But after about 2-minutes the noise resumed, along with the vibrations. I was totally freaked by then and decided I'd hit the sack. Needless to say, getting to sleep proved a bit difficult.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i cant hear the humming its very faint and the cars passing by dont help either.

soundcloud.com...

i heard this one. it seems the hummm is not constant, there are some pauses or coming in waves or so it seems to me and is pulsating but is very low level. do you have a power plant near your house or power poles? the reason is ask this is because it seems something electrical related
edit on 29-12-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This thread made me suddenly remember something I forgot about til now. Two nights ago, near Baton Rouge, is likely the same night you're mentioning here.

In Terrebonne Parish, just over an hour south of the Baton Rouge area, I woke up sometime after 2am and remember so clearly now... I could feel heavy vibrations. Vibrations kept going. It was like an 18 wheeler was passing near the bedroom over and over again. Except I didn't hear a noise.

I have felt low vibrations from time to time (in Louisiana and in Arizona, where two friends felt it as well). But that night two nights ago, here, it was different. I've only felt low level vibrations when sitting on the floor... never in my bed. I could definitely feel this in my bed. It wasn't the typical vibrations, this was more like a tremendous 18 wheeler passing by or a boom box (except there was no noise) vibration.

I woke up at least once, possibly twice because of these vibrations and remember thinking "darn, must be a big earth quake somewhere that we can actually feel over here"... and I made a note to look it up in the morning but forgot... until now.

Note - neither explanation (loud speaker or 18 wheeler) is possible. The house is in a country area and set away from the road. Neighbors are over 80.

Wonder if anyone else remembers this or if an explanation was given?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join