It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud huming noises at this very moment, southern Louisiana.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Does it sound like the one in this vid youtube has been getting alot of these just search strange noises around the world..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
20 minutes away from BR here. Sorry didn't hear anything at those times and in a night owl. Maybe was more localized to your area.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It sounds identical to the sound we have heard here several times on the west coast CA.

I found that there are atmospheric sounds recorded by scientists that sound similar except they have a bird chirping sound we don't hear.
Listen to some here
www.astrosurf.com...

MR. KHALILOV, WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THE UNUSUAL VERY LOW-PITCHED SOUNDS REPORTED BY A GREAT NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE PLANET SINCE THE SUMMER OF 2011? MANY CALL THEM “THE SOUND OF THE APOCALYPSE”. INFORMATION ABOUT THAT COMES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD: US, UK, COSTA RICA, RUSSIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, AUSTRALIA, ETC.

“We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular.

IN THAT CASE, WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS HUMMING IN THE SKY? “In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth’s surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.

More here
www.datelinezero.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If had one of those automobile type stethoscope, you could put it on a rock or concrete and see if it's coming from the ground. Or maybe see which cylinder is misfiring.

If it's that low frequency Brown note, you may be in for trouble.

If you don't know what the Brown note is, it use to cause quite a toot, at a Church in Europe that had one of the only organs in the world that made the particular note.
edit on 28-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
OP you said this sound was familiar, I find it familiar too, I have heard them before but cant pinpoint EXACTLY where. I grew up in an old inner city suburb of Melbourne that used to have factories and houses in close proximity and I think I used to hear it mainly on overcast nights. I probably thought it was a factory or something. My wife has listened to the sound and she thinks it sounds like the sound a transformer makes but it isnt the same. She has pretty much got a "photographic" memory for sounds and she hasnt heard it before, but she grew up in rural Australia. Thanks for staying up and doing the posts.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just came across this thread, has anyone checked the HAARP link recently? Someone who knows what they're looking at may want to scoot over there and take a gander. The original OP is yellow, and as of now, it is dark orange, almost red.

Haven't read all 8 pages of thread yet, but I wanted to make sure someone pointed out the fact that whatever this is, appears to be centralized directly over/around the sinkhole in Ascension Parish.

edit on 28-12-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Look,

As I said in another post, I believe a page back, the HAARPSTATUS website is a hoax site, made and perpetrated by a known hoaxer.

Sad but true.

Originally posted by stupid girl
Just came across this thread, has anyone checked the HAARP link recently? Someone who knows what they're looking at may want to scoot over there and take a gander. The original OP is yellow, and as of now, it is dark orange, almost red.

Haven't read all 8 pages of thread yet, but I wanted to make sure someone pointed out the fact that whatever this is, appears to be centralized directly over/around the sinkhole in Ascension Parish.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i think i hear what your trying to show us , kinda hard to make out , but somethings there !
well wether HAARP has something to do with it is still to be proven , the weather here is heavy rain , has been for past 3 days and im in the green area showed on the map of the UK ,
can someone confirm the weather for the parts of the US highlited yellow ?

i havent heard no humming noises as of yet but ill keep my ears open and ATS informed

thanks for the thread , i look forward to hearing if the weather here and over the pond differ, if someone can help us with that it would be much apriciated

rascal

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I used to hear humming like that when I was a kid, and then we'd go outside and look up, and there would be the Goodyear blimp flying overhead.

Your humming sounds like a generator, of the electric variety. It could be a new style of stealth aircraft.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

how close are you to a gwen tower.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Look,

As I said in another post, I believe a page back, the HAARPSTATUS website is a hoax site, made and perpetrated by a known hoaxer.

Sad but true.

Originally posted by stupid girl

Care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To some of the posters!

Your iPhone uses GPS to indicate a compass bearing, it does not have a magnetic compass inside.

If you want to check for a magnetic anomaly then you need a real, old fashioned compass. You need to understand what technology you are using!

P

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
I used to hear humming like that when I was a kid, and then we'd go outside and look up, and there would be the Goodyear blimp flying overhead.

Your humming sounds like a generator, of the electric variety. It could be a new style of stealth aircraft.

People are thinking about the craziest explanations. An ionospheric stimulator in Alaska? When was the last time you heard a radio transmitter make lots of noise?

What about a more real explanation: noise from huge drills, pumps, and fracking compressors for gas and petroleum. Remember: Louisiana, major gas and oil area. New fracking has been taking off which is why these sounds are more prevalent worldwide. They're noisy: gangs of huge industrial pumps mounted on multiple 18-wheeler trucks.

Higher acoustic frequencies dissipate in the atmosphere, and in longer distances the low frequency dominates.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

You know,I pretty much dismissed these kind of threads until recently.I've been hearing the same thing here in Florida. Not everyday mind you,but enough that I've noticed it.My daughter,who is five,has as well.So have a few of my neighbors. Last time I heard it was a few days ago.

You know, I'm with you there. 99% of the time that i think i heard something, i really cant or dont pursue it. I'm in south florida, i live next to the industrial flagler rail line and under the flight plan of two executive airports.

I'm also about a mile and a half from I-95, so late at night I can here a semi up-shifting, breaks screeching (you never hear the actual accident), or cars/bikes with loud exhaust as they accelerate.

The other night, maybe the 26th, I heard something not matching these noises. I just chose not to look into it too much....as you may be well aware, "baker-acting" is so common it has its own parts of speech here in Florida

edit on 28-12-2012 by Sphota because: Grammar hypocrisy

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

It looks like he's implying this HAARP site guy just uses lows to intimate use of this device....I actually see it discussed but know nothing about it whatsoever. It's not quite on the bottom of my conspiracy importance and/or "I'll look into that later" list....I guess you could call it the back-burner. Something like:

#61) FEMA Camps
#62) Ancient Aliens
#63) this Sorcha Faal person and/or group
#64) HAARP
#65) ...

So, purely based on the two maps side-by-side, seems like it's implied that either the website cited uses areas of low pressure to fabricate this HAARP thing or....the website itself sees areas of low pressure as signs of the use of this HAARP THING.

Again, I don't know what it is other than people always talk about Alaska in the same breath and it caused Katrina...so, it must be weather related?

Wow, typed more than I intended...guess I will now have to see what this haarp is all about, #23 on my list now, just below the strange noise issues.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Question: Do you keep fish or reptiles?

If so - check the heaters / heating elements.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
what about Louisiana sinkhole???????

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hi electromagnetic frequencies could be the contributing factor to your cat being sick, I'm not an expert but i think EMF can make certain electrical fields give off low frequencies. Look them up. Keep us updated.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Probably your fridge or deep freezer about to go out. The compressor motor(s) are probably starting to wear and emitting a freq that is messing with you. Maybe a neighbor's central air unit is failing and emitting the freq.

You mentioned that it sounds the same inside and outside - could be from inside your house - don't know much about freq wavelengths, but whatever is making the hum is able to resonate within your home and bleed to the outside.

Hope the cat is doing OK.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
To some of the posters!

Your iPhone uses GPS to indicate a compass bearing, it does not have a magnetic compass inside.

If you want to check for a magnetic anomaly then you need a real, old fashioned compass. You need to understand what technology you are using!

P

Maybe you are the one that needs to better understand. The iPhone 4 DOES have a magnetic compass circuit independent of GPS.

Elson Liu, Ph.D. candidate in electrical engineering
109 votes by John Clover, Anon User, Adam D'Angelo

The compass in the iPhone 4 is the AKM AK8975, which is very similar to the AKM AK8973 in the iPhone 3GS: www.memsinvestorjournal.c...... . It senses orientation relative to the Earth's magnetic field using the Hall effect: en.wikipedia.org... .

The Hall effect occurs when a magnetic field is applied transverse to a flowing current. The magnetic field deflects the moving charges that make up the current, inducing a voltage (called the Hall voltage, shown in the figure below as ) that is transverse to the current. The Hall voltage can then be measured and used to determine the strength of the component of the magnetic field that was transverse to this current.

www.quora.com...
edit on 28-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

However, I will grant you that an old fashioned magnetic compass is still a more trustworthy instrument.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join