It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australias new status as world power.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You really never saw maps with a Pacific centre in the past. Australia was always the end of the earth. Ignored down in the corner of the map. From now on the Pacific Centre World Map will become more familiar and in a generation, people will think old maps look odd that have Europe and America hogging the spotlight.

Its a brand new day and the Asia Pacific region is the new Rome. The East is where the bulk of the worlds GDP will be controlled. The East is where the power is. Europe and America have peaked and will continue to fade away. The East is just getting started.

You now see desperate America trying to weasel its way in on our Pacific family now that we have emerged as the future power of the world.

"As I've said many times, the U.S. is a Pacific nation. (The) Pacific will sculpt the future of the U.S.," he said. "That's why I've made restoring U.S. engagement a cornerstone -- Thailand is America's oldest friend in Asia ... we've been treaty allies for 60 years."

worldnews.nbcnews.com...
America wants everyone to know they are a 'Pacific' nation now. hmm... Since when? America have ignored this region for my whole life. Where were they when the Australian Dollar was worth about sixty cents US? The Asia Pacific hasnt been important to America in the past so we have been ignored.

Now all of a sudden America makes a military shift from the Middle East to the Pacific? hmm... Why? What wars do we have? None. And the only people worried about North Korea is paranoid Americans. The pacific is a place where everyone gets along pretty well. There is no need for the American Military to be blocking up our Sea Lanes. We can work out our own little conflicts just fine and we have been wothout America. America is not needed. America needs us. So hows about they stop treating us like idiots and tell it like it is. Asians are not stupid and even most Australians can see through Americas condescending nonsense.

I am happy for America to claim that they are a Pacific Nation. Its a little pathetic but if it makes them happy then fine. What America is not is a nation from the Asia Pacific. The Asia Pacific Nations are an exclusive group. The only way to get in is to be born a member. We are the new power in the world. America and Europe are the bankrupt past.

What the world must do is lower the minimum wage of Americans. We can use their massive debt to pressure their government into forcing harsh austerity and lowering the minimum wage. Americans will already work for like seven dollars an hour so we dont need to get it down that much. If we can get the US minimum wage down to about half that at $3.50 US per hour then we could star moving the factories out of the Asia Pacific and use America as the engine for the world. They are already helping us by destroying the value of the dollar.through quantitative easing. America can give the world the cheap labour Asia will need as the middleclass emerges and standards of living increase. We dont have to feel bad about it because thats just capitalism. America are not very good at it. America didnt mind when the Chinese were doing all the heavy lifting. Now its Americas turn.

Australia was once buried in the corner of the world. Now we are front and centre. Australians owe alot to former Prime Minister Paul Keating. Keating did alot to strengthen out ties with China and Asia in general. So did Hawke but Keating really pushed it. Now we have deep ties with Asia running back decades.

Australia has a very low population and massive amounts of room. Cities like Perth will continue to grow. We are positioned well to help China with its overpopulation problems. I think Perth will be larger than Sydney within 20 years.

They call the mighty continent of Australia the "lucky country" and I think its true.

Australia has always punched above its weight on the world stage and against the odds. Now we have the inside lane. Pole position. We cant lose.

Oi oi oi!

edit on 26-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Awww man didn't you know we were hiding Australia so the world wouldn't find out how Awesome it is.
Now we are going to have to make new maps!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

as long as it makes you feel more important

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yea why dont you and all your green baby wimp troops try pushing the war torn world around and see how the quickly the sh** gets beat out of you.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If anyone can't see that the USA is using Australia for its own interests, then they are retards.

The USA doesn't really care about Australia. They only view us, and out country as a staging ground to keep themselves in power.

Australia has always been used and abused, and it will most likely stay that way until we get another awesome Prime Minister which will actually stand up for Australia's own interests and not bend over to pressure from Britain and the USA.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?

There, I've said it, I feel much better......

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
May I also point out we are now bypassing the US dollar during trades.

www.silverdoctors.com...

You're money aint worth S*
edit on 26-12-2012 by CaptainBeno because: correction

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yeah, we are certainly moving up in the world....

ASIO

AUSTRALIAN spies are demanding legal immunity to infiltrate and train with terrorist groups such as al-Qaeda.

May aswell start committing acts of terrorism ourselves.
edit on 26-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Ok then sure Australia and its whole population of 3 people is amazingly powerful and is going to take the world by storm.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

same as your army then eh? bunch of little girls.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"With Iraq and Afghanistan still in transition and serious economic challenges in our own country, there are those on the American political scene who are calling for us not to reposition, but to come home. They seek a downsizing of our foreign engagement in favor of our pressing domestic priorities. These impulses are understandable, but they are misguided. Those who say that we can no longer afford to engage with the world have it exactly backward -- we cannot afford not to. From opening new markets for American businesses to curbing nuclear proliferation to keeping the sea lanes free for commerce and navigation, our work abroad holds the key to our prosperity and security at home. For more than six decades, the United States has resisted the gravitational pull of these "come home" debates and the implicit zero-sum logic of these arguments. We must do so again."

A year ago Hillary Clinton stated we need to resist calls for our tireless troops to come home. This is in the context of future involvement to the Pacific in the forthcoming ten years.

ust as Asia is critical to America's future, an engaged America is vital to Asia's future. The region is eager for our leadership and our business -- perhaps more so than at any time in modern history.

You know you want it.

America's Pacific Century

Op-Ed
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Foreign Policy Magazine
October 11, 2011

www.state.gov...

Have no fear, Americans! We are on this thing like flies on kangaroo crap.
edit on 26-12-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

same as your army then eh? bunch of little girls.

Stop trolling mate.

You and i both, know that the Australian Army is one of the best trained in the world. Our Army could take on the American Army at any time, even with our limited numbers

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Oh dear. I seem to remember several instances during your silly little war with the Vietnamese where our three little soldiers kicked more but that the rest of your boys put together. We also lost less as is evident by that giant wall you have.

Don't underestimate a country that has more pride and resourses than yours my friend. I could go into the whole ASA / Australia thing but it would overtake this thread.

May I suggest Google or even a book.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Yea why dont you and all your green baby wimp troops try pushing the war torn world around and see how the quickly the sh** gets beat out of you.

What war torn country did yous push around? The two current wars were only war torn after you got there. how long were yous in WW2 again, oh thats right...
edit on 26-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I usually try to stay out of topics like these, but just have to say something.

Sure America has it's faults just like any other country, but for the most part, many still have a nice life compared to most countries, along with many of our allies. Now, please take a close look at china and it's allies, there way of life and the rules they abide by. They will not change, it will only be a matter of time after Australia turns their back on the US and it's allies until you start to see sweatshops opening up in Australia, it will no longer be the peaceful outback that we know today, and you all will regret it. All your precious resources, will be nothing but memories when china takes control and uses them as their own. If you choose to live under the conditions that china and its allies live under in exchange for your so called power, then so be it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

Yes, I too normally like to remain tight lipped during discussions such as these, but when someone talks complete crap I have to interject.

Mate, take you hand off it.

You are fighting a losing battle with yourself, others and your finances.

You are about to fall over the cliff,

Good luck...............Mate.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

yeah but its still australia.. wich means "not to be taken seriously"
edit on 26-12-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I'm not trolling but you army is small, outdated, outnumbered and has little to no combat experience to speak of. A common street thug has seen more blood shed than your top brass. Your not weak but you also arent ready to fight the big boys. You have to be as strong as Russia to stand a chance which you obviously are not, you can say what you want but your government says another story.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

You obviously don't know much about history or even Australia.

You should provide us all with a few giggles during this conversation with your vast knowledge. I can't wait to see your replies.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Yes ww2, the war in Europe that did not concern us what so ever but we helped out anyway. Iraq was war torn 20 god damn years after the first time we pulped them. And apparently the whole god damn world I don't see anyone stepping up to stop us so yeah that kind of speaks for itself now doesn't it

edit on 26-12-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join