It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Almost Died Tonight (On Christmas)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A few nights ago, I wrote about a prophetic dream I had in a thread here. The main theme of the dream was death. I remember the death very clearly, and I remember asking my dream to run through itself one more time to make sure.

Last night, my room-mate and good friend brought another good friend of ours over, a girl who has some issues. She is a very nice girl at heart, but comes off as using people - she can also get abused by guys, so my room-mate and I are very careful with her. When we were hanging out, she mentioned some things and I could tell that she really needed someone to hang out with.

Yesterday, I just got a new car, and today she called me up because she wanted someone to hang out with. - there was a bit of snow in the ground, so I wasn't sure, but she was begging a bit. I tested out my car first, then told her I would head over because it seemed okay. Unfortunately, once I got into the city, I got lost (I just moved to the area a few weeks ago) and by the time I had picked her up and gotten back on the highway, a nasty winter storm had hit and there was snow and ice all along the road...

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience driving in this particular instance (it was a large, crowded highway and I didn't know how bad the ice was). I was going the same speed as everyone else, which was around 60, when suddenly my car started spinning (I have no idea why).

I was completely relaxed at the time, and I was basically thinking, well this sucks, I had better do my best to prevent hitting someone and attempt to stop the car by slowing it down naturally in the safety lane while spinning. Okay, so it took a few seconds to figure out all the maneuvering with the steering wheel and everything to gain some control over the car. We swerved through a bunch of lanes to the left, and I was able to dodge a few cars here and there and bring us, while spinning, into the safety lane - we were still going pretty fast, so I had to ram the barrier with my tail-end (I was going backwards at the moment) in order to reduce speed. We hit the barrier with our rear end, bounced back out into the street, and then I rammed the front end into the barrier, which stopped our momentum and anyway, we ended up facing the highway at an odd angle.

I checked everything out, turned on my signal, and got back on the road and headed home. Unfortunately, I have some dents (two) in the car and it needs an alignment.

Here is the human part to the story - my room-mate was seriously freaked out about the fact that his two best friends had almost gotten killed in the same car at the same time. He had already been freaking out and calling us to warn us about how dangerous the driving was before we wrecked.

My room-mate used to have trust issues with everyone (including us, even though we have known him for 5 years or more) but tonight, he looked relaxed and relieved. I think he realized how much he cared about us.

I was seriously annoyed at the girl for a while for using me to come pick her up, endangering my life and wrecking the car on the way back just to giver her a good Christmas with my room-mate and I. Her parents had just kicked her out of their Christmas party, so she was spending it alone.

Yeah, that's a bit #ed up. But in the words of Limp Bizkit, "Life's just a little #ed up." It isn't always going to be perfect, by any means. I was hiding in my room, and my room-mate and our friend were out here hanging out - I was seriously annoyed at her, but eventually decided that the best course of action would be to forgive her and accept her.

So I came out here and held her for a bit and explained to her that if I had been smart, I wouldn't have decided to come and pick her up, even if she had begged. My judgement is better than hers, so I really should have known better. I also realized that she hadn't been trying to be rude and inconsiderate, she's just dumb.

Really, the best thing I can do in any situation is what I think is the right thing to do - if I run into a mess, like that accident, the only thing I can do is stay focused and try to minimize damage and then move forward.

In all, considering I seriously think my dream was warning me of a possible death (and the fact that when I got in my car, I already felt like I knew what was going to happen), and that we drove home safely, and that I know there are people out there that would miss me deeply if I was gone - it's a pretty good Christmas present, right?

Now the three of us are weathering out the storm and waiting for the roads to clear up before my room-mate brings her home (my car will have to be going to the shop).

---------

Well, there's your melodrama / action flick for the day there. There are some lessons to be learned in this story, but they are fairly subtle. Once again, I don't know what I'm doing in life, but I do the best I can.

-darkbake

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm glad your safe and okay.
Don't get it on the roads when the weather is that bad.
Be safe.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Yesterday, I just got a new car,
I got lost
I don't have much experience driving in this particular instance
I didn't know how bad the ice was
I was going the same speed as everyone else, which was around 60, when suddenly my car started spinning (I have no idea why).

I was seriously annoyed at the girl for a while for ... endangering my life and wrecking the car

You didnt appear to ask for opinions on this, but since its a forum, people will give them anyway.
IMHO, you have the right to be annoyed at her for inconveniencing you and making you travel when you didnt wish to, but you dont have the right to blame her in any way for the accident or the car damage.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It was your choice to drive in those conditions. Your heart is big and you wanted to help someone out. Unfortunately, those driving conditions were new to you
We all have to live and learn.

I really hope that realize that it was the driving conditions and not the personal conditions of the young lady that caused the difficulties. It takes practice to drive in those conditions. Don't try to gauge anything by how fast other drivers are going!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Glad you're safe.

Please don't do it again. Stay at home in bad weather.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeah Alfa, opinions are good and I like yours.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'm glad your safe and okay.
Don't get it on the roads when the weather is that bad.
Be safe.

Thanks, you guys.

Efficient thread.
edit on 26-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't meant to be too esoteric here, I just want to offer a thought so it may open something up for you.

When you almost died, consider you may have been given this experience (as all experiences go) to show you or teach you something. One question you may want to ask yourself is, did you fear anything? If so, what was it? And then ask, "why"? There is nothing wrong with fear in the sense of "get me out of here" type feeling, you know as fight-or-flight, but if there were tons of "oh no, I haven't yet done _____" or thoughts about needing to clear something up or make right with someone first, etc... this may be the alarm clock you needed to release those thoughts and clear yourself with...yourself!

Just something to think of, I felt this energy while reading your thread so I thought I'd express it back to you.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Oh, very interesting thought. I didn't fear anything, actually. I was completely calm and focused on maneuvering the car to minimize damage and / or casualties. I am not sure how long that lasted, but it seemed like around a minute. So I did good in life, yeah?

Afterwards, I pulled out and had to focus on getting my friend back to my house safely. I have been a lot more responsible after that, and have been a lot more aware of people trying to use me.

Anyway, there is definitely some energy like that going on if you picked up on it, but I'm not clearly aware of its details myself at the moment.

edit on 28-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well the way I see it, life lessons are for you and you only (as the experiencer), but also there's the possibility that a passenger "needed an experience" or something like that, and you were the pilot for it.

Crazy, but experiences and situations are definitely there for a reason, though the reason may not be obvious from this 3D perspective.

Awesome that you remained calm and focused, most people freak the heck out, like on TV. lol.

top topics

join