It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does something need to be done about the Sandy Hook accusations?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

So yes...This could be a cover up in the making. OR a conspiracy. OR just a very, very inept Police Department. It could be any of the above and each merits discussion IMHO.

Discussion is one story. Saying that a cover up is a FACT, or saying a conspiracy is a FACT, is not Denying ignorance. Its embracing it. Especially without ALL the facts present. Can you agree that the details to this is still up in the air? The only thing anyone can rightfully say is that a tragedy happened.People died. Children died.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
That is not the fault of the private citizens of the Newtown area. It's the fault of our national and local "news" media which has completely forgotten what journalism and news-gathering is.
I agree on the citizen part, SO, but what about the people that give the information to the media? AR in car one day according to the Chief, then the ME says the kids were shot by the AR the next day.

Point is, that is not just the media's fault, *although they have been bumbling over each other during the feeding frenzy there, getting details wrong themselves.

Anyway, I'm glad there are some forms of media left such as ATS where we can ask questions that don't have answers yet. Respectfully.

@Bk, yep buddy. Evidence is key.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Sek82 because: *additions thereafter

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
One more thing?

NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY!
edit on 24-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Oh, undoubtedly. Not everything is a conspiracy. I wholeheartedly agree. But here's the chestnut:

Who is qualified to tell me what is and is not a conspiracy? Who would you trust? Please, if you could, point out which moderator you would trust to tell you which conspiracy theories you can discuss; which are true, and which are false? Do you know anyone that wise, that you would trust him to make up your mind for you?

I didn't think so. Let's please remember why we're all here.

I think most of this Sandy Hook conspiracy fervor is utter nonsense, but I want to hear what people are saying, even if I disagree with it, and even if I maybe find it offensive. I want to hear and make up my own mind.
edit on 25-12-2012 by RedBird because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by RedBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

So yes...This could be a cover up in the making. OR a conspiracy. OR just a very, very inept Police Department. It could be any of the above and each merits discussion IMHO.

Discussion is one story. Saying that a cover up is a FACT, or saying a conspiracy is a FACT, is not Denying ignorance. Its embracing it. Especially without ALL the facts present. Can you agree that the details to this is still up in the air? The only thing anyone can rightfully say is that a tragedy happened.People died. Children died.

TOTALLY.

I have always stated "I think" or IMHO or "it look like to me"-

I am not even certain there is a conspiracy or cover up in ,my own mind- I am on the fence. My problem is figuring out how anyone could actually create a "conspiracy" to even do something like this. Often things just are what they are even if they look like something else.

I also would agree that the facts are clearly not out- We know literally nothing- I have never stated that it "is a conspiracy" as a Fact. I think things look very odd right now. The other thing I think is that even if this is some blatant conspiracy I wil never have any proof anyhow and am left to total speculation...Which is all this is. I certainly do not think we will "solve anything" by posting about this, or 911, or UFOs or [pick your poison]

Thats why I hate this stuff. Some is so plausible (like 911 being an "inside job") that I THINK the Official Story is garbage- But I could be mistaken. It also makes my head spin trying to understand how anyone could be that...evil, for lack of a better word.

I pretty much know that I know nothing... But I still like to discuss things which bother me and try to work them out for myself in a personal way.

Yes, Children dies. No, those were not actors. There is NO way that many members of law Enforcement and a Community could be a "part of it" without everyone knowing.

No, I am very sad and very scared about all this. My oldest Son is going to be having a baby and I am terrified at what type of society and opportunity and violence my Grandson or daughter will have to face. Honestly I am scared. Badly.

-At this point it would almost be better if this was (for a FACT) a conspiracy- because if it isnt this is going to get progressively worse and worse and worse as insane people watch other insane people "set records" for killing innocent people in a brutal fashion and become media superstars.

-This whole thing really bothers me...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
But its degrading fast. And maybe I am way off base here, but the reputation of ATS is on the line. I feel like with the type of accusations that are being thrown out, we need more evidence. It's borderline libel or slanderous. SO and the mods have tried, but should there be more done?

Im willing to admit I am wrong... Help me out here, am I?

The 9/11 forum was equally bad. The difference was since it was Ted Olson being slandered it was cool. Every event will cause people who want to feel important to post things like they know more about the truth than the rest of the world. Does anybody really believe posters here are going to uncover anything substantial?

Seriously, this sites been around since 2003 and not one thing substantial has come from the millions of posts, other than allowing self-indulgent people to feel like they are important.

Re SH it those who judge parents who've lost children deserve a special place in hell beside Lanza. Honestly, ATS is going to attract those types. To answer your question, it's up to SO to do what he wants with ATS.

It's up to us to decide where online we spend our time. If spending your time wisely and having a productive life is part of your plan, you shouldn't be worrying about doing SO's job. At the heart of it your problem is with how other people act when the solution and the only thing you can control is how you act, and how you spend your time.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I don't know BK, this is a tuff call. Cause I feel you have to expect a lot of crap on top of crap. In other words when a story goes to hell from the get go ? It is going to remain there. Just the number of wacky stories behind wacky people with guns is absurd, in the face of factual documentation confirming that mind control and MK Ultra do exist. And have been researched forty years beyond anything we know about as a general rule or legend concerning gov. black ops. All that needs to happen now ? Is one more such nightmare even remotely like Sandy Hook and I can see most gun owners lining up in droves to sell their guns to the gov. for food or Christmas money but mostly for protection. Cause they've got most of us so broke at just the right time.. And I can't find the thread on ATS where I remember someone, at least two years ago, describing exactly what we see in America now to a tee.

But even people in a coma should be aware of the masterful job of obvious social engineering going on. And they even turn to top it off by convincing so many of us, that all they're seeing is coincidence. The Kennedy Curse OMG !
What a ruthless thing the human can be ? Unbelievable ! People would rather believe in a curse because they would absolutely fall apart in the face of the truth that the only cursing going on ? Was being done by those wicked people who had 'em wacked still cursing after the fact even.
edit on 25-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Sub-par is too kind. Shameful is maybe also too kind but comes closer. It is a dark time for what was formerly known as journalism, and having spent a bit of time today (well yesterday) finally reading some of the utter trash that is posted in the name of journalism leads me to conclude that we are all doomed. Instead leading the way as an example to the amateur masses who can all now post freely and without consequence and sometimes even in the name of a once solid profession, They have succumbed to the squalor and now flounder in it, And for what? Money? A few seconds of notoriety? Never even bothering to correct their erroneous reporting and statements? They should first take a long, hard look at what they've done and what they've become and then hang their heads in shame.This is all just disgusting. There is no excuse for it.
edit on 12/25/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm just shocked at how many people have become "experts" on how someone should act in such a situation.

"err he's crying but has no tears, must be fake!"
"duuhh he's laughing, must be an actor!"

And then to go on to use this tenuous observation as proof of a conspiracy.

Got news for you guys, you don't know jack about how people will react, so stop pretending you do.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'd like to take a moment, SO, to publicly thank you for putting your foot down on some of these threads. I've never been more embarrassed to be part of this site after reading some of them. I was truly questioning whether I was ready to be done with this site, whig I have loved for so long.

Seeing you step in has restored some of my faith. It is truly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
We are all human beings here and this is truly a horrible tragedy which has transpired. Deeply deeply heartbreaking. There is so much emotion coming to the surface from all sides right now.

It would also be heartbreaking to see such a tragedy tear ATS, its leaders (and I'm not just talking about the people who own this site), and its loyal community apart piece by piece.

I truly think that it might be time to take a break, go to bed, let our hearts mend a bit, and look at this with fresh eyes another day.

And I say this with complete and total respect and kindness towards all.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That is exactly what i would expect but at moment there are only 2 that need to see this.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Did you miss that truelly the police are bad?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

and that is wrong how . I only see everything have to consume it and decide what could or could not be right . i hate cry babys i hate people that want to cencensor what should be read either it right or wrong . it is up to a intellangance to determine if it should be understood as a maybe.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapterhouse
Im just going to say it no one else has these folks with the shinny avatars seem to be dis infromationalist period not all but 90% of them

Its a good thing you obviously dont know what you are talking about, otherwise someone might actually buy your crap. Again, like SO said. Get off your high horse and realize that just because people disagree with you, doesnt mean they are sheeple, dis info agents, or shills.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Im just going to say it no one else has these folks with the shinny avatars seem to be dis infromationalist period not all but 90% of them

Attacking someone isn't a good way to prove they are wrong about something. Surely you can bring a counter argument to the table that doesn't involve those type of tactics. Are they just dis... whatevers just because they disagree with you?
edit on 25-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

How cool is my avatar bro?

Go bask in your wrongness............that statement could not be further from the truth.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

and when we understand what who and why we should be pissed off but we cant be till we know the forward

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wow, three posts, and I couldn't understand any of them. Maybe you should take a break, man. Hell, maybe we all should. It's Christmas, let's go love our families and friends and revisit all of this with fuller hearts. After this week, we could use it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gando702

sorry they were replys not a qoute idex

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join