It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does something need to be done about the Sandy Hook accusations?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I really am afraid to post this to be honest. Ive been flamed from here to eternity for questioning some of these conspiracy theories. It has taken over the general forum. And frankly most of this stuff is getting personal. Victims, slain children are being claimed to still be alive. Because of a photo where one of her sisters looks like her? Claiming fathers of victims are grieving wrong?!

I'm not asking for censorship because that's not what ATS is about...

However, with this extremely sensitive topic, shouldn't we demand a little more? If we're going to allow threads that accuse the father of a slain child of faking it for all the world to see with a google search, shouldn't we demand evidence? Something more than a picture? If the ct'er in this case is mad that we demand more evidence, maybe that's cause none exists? I don't know, but as it stands now, its just a lot of questions and accusations with no proof.

I've already posted a thread about ending the insanity of Sandy Hook conspiracies, and maybe it was jumping the gun at that point in time...

But its degrading fast. And maybe I am way off base here, but the reputation of ATS is on the line. I feel like with the type of accusations that are being thrown out, we need more evidence. It's borderline libel or slanderous. SO and the mods have tried, but should there be more done?

Im willing to admit I am wrong... Help me out here, am I?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yes you are wrong. This is ATS questioning everything is what we do. This sounds more like an attempt to stifle discussion then anything else.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Yes you are wrong. This is ATS questioning everything is what we do. This sounds more like an attempt to stifle discussion then anything else.

Again, didnt say I wanted to censor anything ... but when it turns into this...www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you expect people to think?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You really have to target a person to be libel for slander.

Saying a guy looked too happy to be grieving? Just an observation.

I swear I read something about 233 rifle casings when the rifle was in the trunk.

I still want to know if this is true. It's pretty serious to spread such a lie. I don't know.

If people willingly go on TV though, expect to be judged.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
You really have to target a person to be libel for slander.

Saying a guy looked too happy to be grieving? Just an observation.

I swear I read something about 233 rifle casings when the rifle was in the trunk.

I still want to know if this is true. It's pretty serious to spread such a lie. I don't know.

If people willingly go on TV though, expect to be judged.

check my link above

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I know what the OP is getting at.

I think the OP is wrong about those who say these people were actors and demanding proof (since we still have no "proof" of 911 being an inside job or not- That is a tall order)- So even though I think its an insane theory and makes no sense to me- I see no harm in allowing discussion/debate about that aspect (and other "conspiracy" aspects)

What I have seen that has no place here (or anywhere else) is some slanderous accusations like " That guy looks like a pedophile and acts like one" or other things along those lines. First off, basing something on someones "look" or speech pattern is absurd- Second off, leveling accusations which are damning like that are uncalled for and (possibly) slander or defamation.

So anyhow, I see the Ops point as he has been on some of the threads in question and has expressed his views politely and with tact (even when there is lots of disagreements) but to start cherry picking "which" conspiracies we can talk about (real or imagined) does two things.

a) It gives those who cling to those theories "ammunition" (i.e. Look- ATS censors us talking about this but we can talk about everything else- They must be helping to "cover this up")- This will happen. No matter how ridiculous, it will. People who already think this will be "vindicated" in their mind.

b) It would stifle opinion that really isnt hurting or slandering anyone- It can be debated away with logic- OR they are right... No matter what, we will never know.

Anyhow , that is my opinion for what its worth.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I know SO was infuriated at that one thread i linked above. IT sickened me too. Maybe he should post what ats's official view on this whole thing it....

And if its, let it continue, fine. Ill shut up... Perhaps ATS needs a state of the union type post from SO??

Then again, perhaps im asking too much..

This whole thing has me confused

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by hawkiye

Again, didnt say I wanted to censor anything ... but when it turns into this...www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you expect people to think?

What is it you want done the mods took care of that thread that's what they do when things get out of hand now you want some preemptive action? Like what?

Get over it sometimes it gets out of hand and that is what the mods are for... Doesn't mean we should not question everything at all times....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here's what I posted at the end of that despicable, pitiful, and horrible thread titled, "Sandy Hook: the G___ R____ story does not add up, at all" -- which is now out of the public eye in the RATS forum.

The Tragedy at Sandy Hook

HAS BROUGHT OUT THE WORST

of AboveTopSecret.com

I and our staff have witnessed the most incredible shameless self-absorbed credulous nonsense from our members following one of the worst horrors ever to hit a small community -- much less any community.

And this thread is the absolute worst display of your ludicrous narcissistic conjecture -- outing personal details of a private citizen and mocking him on the pages of our precious ATS for the world to see.

You should be ashamed -- but clearly, you're not capable of that.

I've never been more embarrassed for ATS than I am now.

Seriously -- the lowest low ever explored by our membership. I stand by those words.

(reposted here because not all members can see the RATS forum)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

And I completely agree.... And I believe in ATS... More than I do most things int his world. I get crap from my wife every day for coming on here. Though she is amused by most things we read, and it will intrigue her from time to time Yet her amusement vanished when she and I read over that thread.

I feel like this is what happens when members on ATS become vigilante journalists...

Something needs to be done to simply protect ATS. Maybe move all the Sandy Hook stuff to RATS?? Until actual verifiable proof is uncovered (IF it is )

Of course I defer to you supreme SO
But I think we both agree that this is heading the wrong way. And the opposite of what ATS is all about.
edit on 24-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

And I completely agree.... And I believe in ATS... More than I do most things int his world. I get crap from my wife every day for coming on here. Though she is amused by most things we read, and it will intrigue her from time to time Yet her amusement vanished when she and I read over that thread.

I feel like this is what happens when members on ATS become vigilante journalists...

Something needs to be done to simply protect ATS. Maybe move all the Sandy Hook stuff to RATS?? Until actual verifiable proof is uncovered (IF it is )

Of course I defer to you supreme SO
But I think we both agree that this is heading the wrong way. And the opposite of what ATS is all about.

Then everything should be moved to that section until "verifiable" proof comes out.

See- This is where the argument gets silly. People died on 911 and 7/7 so respect the victims and take the official Story or you are disrespectful...

I am all for the slander and addresses/phone numbers and (that thread...) being pretty despicable, but if you want to start moving things from the general discussion Forum to a sub forum due to NO PROOF- This entire site would be in the sub forum.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

What's happening now is very, very different than 9/11. Self-absorbed people of questionable ethics are publicly speculating on the guilt of private citizens who's only reason for their name being in the news is from the slaughter of innocents.

Absolutely without morals.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm- Okay. Your site.

Have a merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Very true. In 9/11, those implicated were public figures. No one was accusing family members by name for faking things. No one was calling people who helped rescue victims names and accusing them as part of the cover up.

9/11 and Sandy Hook are two VERY different tragedies.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We all want evideance. Like why was supposed shooter carrying 2 hand guns when a coranor said all victims were shot with rifle? Why was only rifle found in a trunk? Why did MSM claim his mom was shoot at school?, and not else where. Why would police say they will prosecute anyone not jiving with their story.

Sorry no sympathy everything smells with this and guess alot other feel same way.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

That's no reason to speak ill of private citizens involved in the tragedy.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You are responding to something thats suggest people will be sheeple and here that as a majority that does not happen. We dont need to be protected from what we read we know how to shift thru it and know was it BS and what is not BS. I think you have come to a simple sheeple conclusion and it scares you. We dont need to hear that here or really want too.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You are doing same thing. We want facts not sheeple conclusions from people that are scared of what they read.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

Is it possible not to use the mashup word, "sheeple?" That's one of the worst commonly used words here on ATS -- it expresses a general disdain for anyone who doesn't believe the conspiracy. That's never good for those who feel their ideas, opinions, speculations are important.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I did not speak ill of anyone in a tragedy you have twisted a statement to make others fear something. I suggest you learn not to do it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join