It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does something need to be done about the Sandy Hook accusations?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClementWinters

Originally posted by Ladyk74

Besides the laughable batman map, and what had transpired with accusations of citizens in the other thread and now by one member who did not follow the rules, a 87+ thread with class A journalism gets closed?

I thought that your thread was great - it had its moments where it made me wonder - and cost me a good portion of my days, returning to see what was uncovered. I think that the problem arises when addresses and license plates are posted, and people being connected to such a massacre exposes them to the danger of vigilantism, regardless if they deserve such attention.

To be fair, I also thought that the Batman map had its moments too. Along with the Bond and G.I. Joe trailers - but I am a fan of synchromysticism.

Yeah the batman thing was just...Creepy.
I thought it was a hoax a first. That said, I too think it was a very strange synchronicity- I just cannot grasp that "they have to tell us what they plan on doing" theory of the "Illuminati" (or whatever)- Like they are going to tell a director on a set "Focus on the words 'Sandy Hook'"- But I too thought the thread was interesting.

Its so weird that that would show up and show "Aurora" and "Sandy Hook" (again: I do not think it was intentional, just strange)

If I were a new ager I would say "the Universe was talking to us"...But I am not and I think it was just another crazy coincidence among many.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClementWinters

Besides the laughable batman map, and what had transpired with accusations of citizens in the other thread and now by one member who did not follow the rules, a 87+ thread with class A journalism gets closed?

I thought that your thread was great - it had its moments where it made me wonder - and cost me a good portion of my days, returning to see what was uncovered. I think that the problem arises when addresses and license plates are posted, and people being connected to such a massacre exposes them to the danger of vigilantism, regardless if they deserve such attention.

To be fair, I also thought that the Batman map had its moments too. Along with the Bond and G.I. Joe trailers - but I am a fan of synchromysticism.

I should have put the "laughable batman" map in quotations. I registered because of it. I just used it because that is what it was referred to.

I still will not let this just fly by. One member made a TOS at 4AM in the morning, I personally alerted the MODS all the time to delete questionable posts and links. ALL the time. And then I get send a LOW MESSAGE like this after hours and hours of hard work?

Is that how things are handled here at ATS? I will not be degraded to this statement made by the Super Mod who closed my thread.. Again , I received more then 4 applause by MODS.

Be fair.....

edit on 25-12-2012 by Ladyk74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It was a shameful act, in and amongst a pack mentality carrying out a witch hunt on the back of a tragedy.

Neformore
ATS Super Moderator

Oh and please do your staff review, because YOU told me YOU are not opening my thread back up. What do the other staff members, more so all site owners have to say about this, as it was currently the largest active thread on ATS, and again I have received positive feedback from Moderators.

And not counting the flood of u2u's by members, and from around the web. who applauded us on this work!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladyk74

I see you've been selective and not posted the subsequent U2U clarification that I was referring to the people who posted up personal addresses.

Not that you should be posting private U2U's into the forum anyway, as it is against the T&C to do so.

Your thread remains. It is still in the forum and is there for people to see, but with two extreme T&C violations and 4 OT ones in the last three pages, the thread will remain closed until such time as the staff have been able to discuss this further.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladyk74

I understand.
That is why they usually have these closed door meetings; to determine what action to take. I am sure that they will let you know what they decide.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Ladyk74

I see you've been selective and not posted the subsequent U2U clarification that I was referring to the people who posted up personal addresses.

Not that you should be posting private U2U's into the forum anyway, as it is against the T&C to do so.

Your thread remains. It is still in the forum and is there for people to see, but with two extreme T&C violations and 4 OT ones in the last three pages, the thread will remain closed until such time as the staff have been able to discuss this further.

I had asked you to delete the offense and if you could reopen the thread , and then you send me this U2U, and i posted it because of how you referred to this ENTIRE thread as a WITCH HUNT and pack mentality and to that ME and all the OTHERs take personal offense.

I say it again, l will not let this just fly by.

Now we are not allowed to discuss the matter further?? It is like a slap in the face, really!

Witch hunt and pack mentality....wow

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Just a heads up those 4 off topics were really one T&C violation (which got labeled as an OT) and then 3 quotes of that violation which got lumped as OTs after removal of the original - if that makes sense lol - I now see the benefit of replying vs quoting

Cannot the violating posts just remain stamped as such instead of closing the thread? It seemed like it was close to reaching closure (if there was some way he could have confirmed it without breaking T&C) before being closed. Thanks for consideration.
edit on 25-12-2012 by ratboy because: grammar sux

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratboy

Just a heads up those 4 off topics were really be one T&C violation (which got labeled as an OT) and then 3 quotes of that violation which got lumped as OTs after removal of the original - if that makes sense lol - I now see the benefit of replying vs quoting

Cannot the violating posts just remain stamped as such instead of closing the thread? It seemed like it was close to reaching closure (if there was some way he could have confirmed it without breaking T&C) before being closed. Thanks for consideration.

No it was closed because flyincow had posted links to personal addresses from Rodia's I believe. I had asked him to edit the link, I had not bothered on clicking on all as I was here contributing for a minute, and BAM the thread was closed. One TOS ...

I do not know what other extreme TOS she is talking about otherwise...that was in the other deleted thread and we had learned and complied after this.

I really want an apology for all of us. I will not accept us being labeled like this. Because we are so much better , matter of fact we did a better job then the MAIN STREAM MEDIA!!!

Ponder on that! We are the ones who showed class a journalism and I think if anything ATS should be proud of us. I mean that. I really take this personal now, because I feel this Super Mod has put her

personal feelings

in it, which have nothing to do with constructive and investigative journalism. Period.[

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Just a heads up those 4 off topics were really be one T&C violation (which got labeled as an OT) and then 3 quotes of that violation which got lumped as OTs after removal of the original - if that makes sense lol - I now see the benefit of replying vs quoting

No it was closed because flyincow had posted links to personal addresses from Rodia's I believe. I had asked him to edit the link, I had not bothered on clicking on all as I was here contributing for a minute, and BAM the thread was closed. One TOS ...

I do not know what other extreme TOS she is talking about otherwise...that was in the other deleted thread and we had learned and complied after this.

I really want an apology for all of us. I will not accept us being labeled like this. Because we are so much better , matter of fact we did a better job then the MAIN STREAM MEDIA!!!

Ponder on that! We are the ones who showed class a journalism,
Yeah, I saw the offending links, saw you ask hint to remove them. Saw him apologize and ask what post- Saw post go away. =(

I understand the side of ATS on the personal info (I would be pissed if it were me- And so would everyone) but I dont understand how we were all punished as a result as 99% of us were quite civil and showed tact (yes, I has a few off topics but... One of them was asking how to send a PM and I got awesome help from a mod via PM but still got an "off topic")
edit on 25-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladyk74

I think they considered EViLKoNCEPTz's post a T&C Violation also (except they labeled it an an Off-Topic). I saw the one you were talking about also.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Ladyk74

I think they considered EViLKoNCEPTz's post a T&C Violation also (except they labeled it an an Off-Topic). I saw the one you were talking about also.

He did not post a link or provide any official info in that post, anybody can come and say 872-yeo belongs to xxxxx
Nope, not a TOS. He was just trolling anyway.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
In my years of being on ATS, this thread has been one of the few which I actually sat down to read each response and actually made me want to post; and I don't post much.

After reading responses from moderators and members, I can see both sides and I believe that yes it is true and tragic of what took place and moderators need to definitely be on their toes with the type of personal information being out in public discussion but at the same time this site IS ATS, where we debate/converse/discuss all sorts of crazy conspiracies; it is just a bit odd to me that folks are like "whoa whoa whoa!" about SH "accusations"/observations.

In reference to someone mentioning this and 9/11+7/7 - we can't. We simply can't compare "apples to apples" although there are a few similar..how shall I say "conditions, with cause and effect" but it too has suffered the same end of loss of human life that's sad and is a bit emotional for us to those are who directly affect or not.

Regardless, there is something many members can agree on and are interested in discussing that there IS the possibility(as with most everything else in the world) of the event being a cover-up/conspiracy and that's what is being researched/debated/discussed among fellow members.

edit on 25-12-2012 by chinabean because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by chinabean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Ladyk74

He did not post a link or provide any official info in that post, anybody can come and say 872-yeo belongs to xxxxx
Nope, not a TOS. He was just trolling anyway.

Plus he only gave the name of Lanza (he misspelled though) and person who the thread was named after... So , Lanza is already known and the other guy (not sure I can even name him now) had an 87 page thread going for a couple days with his name on it.

No. It was the other post that got it closed I think.

I also think that guys info on the Plates will turn out to be legit.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladyk74

Well when my post got flagged as off-topic I sent the mod that flagged it a question and basically my post was deleted because I quoted a post that he felt violated the T&C (though again it was flagged as an off topic) - that was the post by EViLKoNCEPTz. In light of that, I am not sure how things could fully be brought to closure since posting a print-screen of the same info would be a violation it seems (posting private info of others). I don't know if he was trolling or not to be honest, but I admit that I was excited to see if there was documented confirmation that the plates were to either x or y.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

First don't worry what anyone thinks about ATS, it's not your problem. Second it doesn't bother you enough to stop posting and participating in all the threads you are so worried about being offensive has it? No, you have been all too happy to post away, so how is what you are doing any different?

I am personally tired of hearing that I am offending the victims and being disrespectful. It is PC crap that is emotionaly driven and this is the anonymous internet. If you are offended by something don't read it.

This is a volunteer website, nothing is mandatory.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You know what? Maybe so. This is why we was in there investigating. It was coming to an end, but to just close it and not let us discuss a couple more things I find unbelievable..really. Witch hunt, pack mentality riding it out on the back of the victims is how she put it. WOW...

I really think this alone is a TOS violation. I take severe offense.

If Rodia and the plate can be ruled out, great. then I will just discuss the weapons and timeline inconsistencies, as well as the fact that the surviving children who were in V. Sotos class ran out when there was police already apparently on the scene as we know from the radio recording. The story doesn't add up...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Ladyk74

Again, it was one member. 99% were following the rules, and with your statement you accused all of us

It was a shameful act, in and amongst a pack mentality carrying out a witch hunt on the back of a tragedy.

I'm amazed,...so easy to just come in there and close it, you was just waiting for one person to make a mistake, as you had your personal feelings mixed up in this. To send me this u2u and accuse us of riding out a witch hunt on the back of the victims (tragedy) is a violation of YOUr own TOS.

I want it fixed..and an apology.

In addition to that, you posted the lighter version of your witch hunt as a closing statement in the thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You know what? Maybe so. This is why we was in there investigating. It was coming to an end, but to just close it and not let us discuss a couple more things I find unbelievable..really. Witch hunt, pack mentality riding it out on the back of the victims is how she put it. WOW...

I really think this alone is a TOS violation. I take severe offense.

If Rodia and the plate can be ruled out, great. then I will just discuss the weapons and timeline inconsistencies, as well as the fact that the surviving children who were in V. Sotos class ran out when there was police already apparnetly on the scene as we know from the radio recording. The story doesn't add up...

The problem, as I see it, is that the thread started with a leap that should not have been made.

It started with the plate being tied to the guy because of the proximity of the plate and the name on the tape.

When it was suggested that:

1. There's no conclusive proof the plate matched that guy's name.

AND

2. There was another possible explanation (offered by several posters) to explain both the plate and the name being on the tape... people just jumped on and dismissed this possibility.

Why?

Because it was already decided that the plate matched the guy!

You point out that that has not been proven and that there is indeed another alternative to possibly consider and that just gets shot down because everyone is convinced of the first leap being true.

And on it goes from there.

Posting that guy's info and big color pics based on a leap, on a potential mistake, on a certain position, one that wasn't really open for examination is what was really wrong.

That's what I think anyway.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOwned

Oh my,

the headline stated 'WHO IS CHRISTOPHER A RODIA" he is a felon and these public pictures are actually not a violation, I'm a blogger and speak of experience, facebook pics and mugshots can be posted ANYWHERE.

Secondly we never said he WAS the killer , never, we explored the possibilty!!!!! Or why his car was at the scene presented to us as Lanza's. Period.

In addition to that we found connections to involvements with automatic weapons and drugs! We were investigating. On top of this, I hardly believe that at 4 am in the morning, this members FBI friend called and confirmed and revealed to him that the plates are registered to Nancy Lanza.

This was closed because the Super Mod PERSONALLY did not like it.

216 People THOUGHT DIFFERENTLY btw,....

And explored that in 87 pages... But no it gets shut for one TOS. .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOwned

It was not too far of a leap and people were trying to substantiate it. With the reading of the plates and the close response of Rodia over the radio it was not a big leap. And throughout the thread people were trying to substantiate it. Granted other things were thrown in the mix but people were still trying to confirm.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join