It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does something need to be done about the Sandy Hook accusations?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Originally posted by chapterhouse
Im just going to say it no one else has these folks with the shinny avatars seem to be dis infromationalist period not all but 90% of them

How cool is my avatar bro?

Go bask in your wrongness............that statement could not be further from the truth.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapterhouse

sorry I was, I sent to skeptic ty

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

See, this is just it.

One not actively participating in threads does not automatically equate to not being 100% fully aware and up to speed with the contents therein.

I have read every single SH thread since the inception of the incident but I do not live in the US so I read those threads for information.

And I am just one lowly member.

This is where I totally agree with the OP and SO.

This is not Facebook, this is at the other end of the spectrum. This is ATS.

We MUST maintain the moral high ground and exercise civility at all times. Conjecture and disrespectful speculation is very unbecoming - of anybody, online or otherwise.

Imagine what non-members from other countries are thinking when they read the bloody diatribe that we have all been reading in the past week or so - it reflects poorly on the site, irrespective of the individual making the somewhat outlandish claims.

We are all after the truth, but as we say down under "there's more than one way to skin a cat" - baseless claims without proof is not one of them.

edit on 25-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by chapterhouse

See, this is just it.

One not actively participating in threads does not automatically equate to not being 100% fully aware and up to speed with the contents therein.

I have read every single SH thread since the inception of the incident but I do not live in the US so I read those threads for information.

And I am just one lowly member.

This is where I totally agree with the OP and SO.

This is not Facebook, this is at the other end of the spectrum. This is ATS.

We MUST maintain the moral high ground and exercise civility at all times. Conjecture and disrespectful speculation is very unbecoming - of anybody, online or otherwise.

Imagine what non-members from other countries are thinking when they read the bloody diatribe that we have all been reading in the past week or so - it reflects poorly on the site, irrespective of the individual making the somewhat outlandish claims.

We are all after the truth, but as we say down under "there's more than one way to skin a cat" - baseless claims without proof is not one of them.

edit on 25-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar

Or SO can just change the motto to "Exemplify Ignorance." That may be simpler than getting people to stop making outlandish claims.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
even this thread seems like part of a cover up,
in my opinion and i havent read the full thread yet its christmas day iv broke any terms let me know dont just post ban me like last time

edit on 25-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
@SkepticOverlord the Site Owner

That is not the fault of the private citizens of the Newtown area. It's the fault of our national and local "news" media which has completely forgotten what journalism and news-gathering is.

Well I guess here comes the "bad lady" from the Rodia thread. I think everyone who contributed to the Rodia thread in a positive way, did an awesome job regarding journalism and news gathering.

I had asked you in a U2U if you feel the same way about the Rodia thread ( after reading your comment on the thread in the RATS forum) and never got an answer. So now I assume you really do not like me or the thread.No answer is an answer too I learned.

Yes initially there was a bad mistake as we were investigating the wrong Rodia, but that's all part of investigating and I had personally asked the mods to edit the headline in my defense. I also asked if we could not just delete whatever was related to that but the thread was deleted

I am however grateful we were allowed to continue our investigation

Most of us never said that there are no victims btw...

Last but not least, I think the minds who have come together in the Rodia thread are great. We really have something there. 80 pages plus, with 70 % really being good research.

Merry Christmas all...
edit on 25-12-2012 by Ladyk74 because: covering my tracks (lol)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladyk74

I would say of the people oin the thread. there are those who arent being disrespectful about it. Lady is one of the good ones

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Ladyk74

I would say of the people oin the thread. there are those who arent being disrespectful about it. Lady is one of the good ones

I did not see anybody being disrespectful..I have added you as my rival because of some of your posts in the thread, mostly because it took away from the productive discussion. I'm glad however that you did help in the end and that we can now communicate in a positive way with each other.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I am so happy you started this thread. Things are getting out of control on ATS. I recently stared a new nickname because for the last year or so i didnt really logged in because i was kinda fed up. I wanted to give it a new chance because i joined since 2004. However, things are more worse and kind of scary. However, i will not give up this time and just state my opinion and hope the mods will find a better way to filter eveything. ATS is a great community. We need to fight back to these ridiculous threads and raise our voices. I feel worried at times for the things posted here. Yes you can ignore them and not read the threads, but still you do because sometimes they are so ridiculous, its hard to ignore. I tell myself most of the time 'common sence, common sence' after i read such horribly conspiracies and then I'm fine.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
You know, I love this site. I've been here for 6 years as a member, a mod, a super mod and the host of the Live show and I've been around the kind of subjects we discuss on here a whole lot longer.

But I have to say, people have lost their minds over this one ~ some of the stuff I've read is just sheer utter crass speculation touted as "fact", and when I see peoples personal address information posted up here in threads and supposedly rational thinkers suddenly engaged in some mass hysteria witch hunt, then I hang my head.

This kinda of crap is exactly what gets unusual subjects and genuine conspiracies laughed at in the media, and the whole genre and those who are associated with it labelled as cranks and geeks.

And you know what, I hate writing this post, but honestly, the shark has well and truly been jumped on this one. People have gone too far.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld
reply to post by bknapple32

I am so happy you started this thread. Things are getting out of control on ATS. I recently stared a new nickname because for the last year or so i didnt really logged in because i was kinda fed up. I wanted to give it a new chance because i joined since 2004. However, things are more worse and kind of scary. However, i will not give up this time and just state my opinion and hope the mods will find a better way to filter eveything. ATS is a great community. We need to fight back to these ridiculous threads and raise our voices. I feel worried at times for the things posted here. Yes you can ignore them and not read the threads, but still you do because sometimes they are so ridiculous, its hard to ignore. I tell myself most of the time 'common sence, think rational' after i read such horribly conspiracies and then I'm fine.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
You know, I love this site. I've been here for 6 years as a member, a mod, a super mod and the host of the Live show and I've been around the kind of subjects we discuss on here a whole lot longer.

But I have to say, people have lost their minds over this one ~ some of the stuff I've read is just sheer utter crass speculation touted as "fact", and when I see peoples personal address information posted up here in threads and supposedly rational thinkers suddenly engaged in some mass hysteria witch hunt, then I hang my head.

This kinda of crap is exactly what gets unusual subjects and genuine conspiracies laughed at in the media, and the whole genre and those who are associated with it labelled as cranks and geeks.

And you know what, I hate writing this post, but honestly, the shark has well and truly been jumped on this one. People have gone too far.

I have been here a bit over a week and have participated in...Not much , lol.

Curious though- These "genuine" conspiracy theories...What would those be? I think what were told on 911 was a lie (no proof though ) and there are folks who say "lazers" were used, Holograms, actors, etc (which I do not buy) Kennedy Dying- Not genuine as its been investigated and TPTB have figured it all out. moon Hoax is laughable, UFOs? I think UFOs are more paranormal and less conspiracy but still...

I guess I am having trouble knowing what a genuine conspiracy theory is since I see no proof of anything... The LIBOR scandal? I guess thats genuine but...
EDIT: I got it- The great railroad swindle WAS a genuine conspiracy- Its in the History books as a conspiracy. =)
edit on 25-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Im willing to admit I am wrong... Help me out here, am I?

No, you are not wrong; not at all. Searching the name of a man who has the honor of having his own thread here, I noticed that ATS is one of, if not the first website, to have a link on Google. And what follows are all of the other conspiracy forums who build a good portion of their threads on what is posted here. Hell, one of the forums had a thread with nothing but screenshots from ATS. That tells me that this forum is a sort of haven for all conspiracy related matters. And as such, it has the eyes of the world upon it. So I would hate to think that someone who may be to Newtown considered a hero, being called a pedophile here. I have my opinions about this whole ordeal, but my opinions, when under the influence of my emotions, on such a delicate subject, do little to foster any meaningful discussion. Emotions are raw, and people are angry, so it is hard to maintain composure at times; but emotionality can only pardon so much, for such a lapse of judgement to be excusable on a public forum.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
-Still waiting to see what a genuine conspiracy is... Probably be waiting a very long time.

...Watergate...Railroad Swindle... My City Council once conspired and stole funds ...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
-Still waiting to see what a genuine conspiracy is... Probably be waiting a very long time.

...Watergate...Railroad Swindle... My City Council once conspired and stole funds ...

To degrade us to this is really a big violation of ATS itself. I demand an apology for this low message u2u that was send to me after closing a 87 + page with hours and hours of hard work and VALID investigations.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladyk74

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

To degrade us to this is really a big violation of ATS itself. I demand an apology for this low message u2u that was send to me after closing a 87 + page with hours and hours of hard work and VALID investigations.

I just think its silly.

Its so subjective. I spend ALOT of time at james Randis site (which is a skeptics site) and theose guys are smart- I mean, really, really smart. They have answers for everything and NOTHING is a conspiracy. period. In fact, they could prove to you that Watergate never happened lol- Thats how good they are.

Doesnt mean they are right.

Just means that to 'them" there are no genuine conspiracies.

-Then go to a place like Icke (fun site IMO but very silly) and they are the opposite end of the spectrum. You are "a paid shill" if you do not believe the queen is a Lizard who drinks baby blood.

So... Whats the middle ground. There ARE conspiracies but they are not a part of everything all the time... But a "genuine" conspiracy? Only a couple I can recall involving "Government" but a whole ton of regular people charged with conspiracy to commit X.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladyk74

Besides the laughable batman map, and what had transpired with accusations of citizens in the other thread and now by one member who did not follow the rules, a 87+ thread with class A journalism gets closed?

I thought that your thread was great - it had its moments where it made me wonder - and cost me a good portion of my days, returning to see what was uncovered. I think that the problem arises when addresses and license plates are posted, and people being connected to such a massacre exposes them to the danger of vigilantism, regardless if they deserve such attention.

To be fair, I also thought that the Batman map had its moments too. Along with the Bond and G.I. Joe trailers - but I am a fan of synchromysticism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join