It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ElleLachyme

Sorry to hear you are ill and had to cancel Christmas. Here's hoping you feel better soon.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Congrats on your change, for the better. Good for you that you were able to conquer it.

My friends husband had problems with alcohol. Black out binge drinker, but when sober he would give you the shirt off his back, if he thought it would help you. You couldn't convince him he had a problem. He died 10 years ago, she's from the old school never divorced but had considered it. He was a charmer when sober.

Here's hoping you have had a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year. Sure hope 2013 is better.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

So this thread is repeated year after year. I did not know that. I was alone all day but had visitors who did surprise me and gave me a nice gift of friendship, cakes, candy, and knickknacks...What nice friends to have when one is really alone. I do have my cat. I wish everyone at this thread a very Merry Christmas despite its nearly being gone now...and a Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Bottoms UP

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Thank you.

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

Maybe Nef can do another thread for New Years?

I will be home this New Years.....Doing nothing, but taking care of many children while Friends and family celebrate.....
ATS needs more threads like this. We have a great community, and one that sincerely has my utmost respect. Between Chat and a New Years thread, everyone can be involved....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by olaru12

Congrats on your change, for the better. Good for you that you were able to conquer it.

My friends husband had problems with alcohol. Black out binge drinker, but when sober he would give you the shirt off his back, if he thought it would help you. You couldn't convince him he had a problem. He died 10 years ago, she's from the old school never divorced but had considered it. He was a charmer when sober.

Here's hoping you have had a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year. Sure hope 2013 is better.

Thanks....

May I have the next dance?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

OH Nef, it is with the greatest sadness that I say my beloved Grandfather of 97 1/2 years passed tonight shortly before 7pm. I am just too sad to talk about it right now and really have no idea why I am even here tonight. I am truly alone.

eadit to say that he died here at home, warm and peaceful in his bed, while listening to Andy Williams Christmas special he had me record a couple weeks ago from PBS.
edit on 25-12-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Reading through this topic, it is clear that a lot of people are really hurting.
I wish there was a way to take everyone's suffering away from them, roll it up into a ball, and cast it into the ocean or a bottomless pit where it would never trouble them again. I'm very sorry for everyone's suffering. Some things nothing can soothe but time, and even that's questionable. For whatever it's worth, just know that there are people who care. We may not be able to really help, but we do care. I wish the best for everyone, truly.

I'm going to turn in. Peace and love to all.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
Bottoms UP

While not announcing it, I joined you. Cheers my friends.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

OH Nef, it is with the greatest sadness that I say my beloved Grandfather of 97 1/2 years passed tonight shortly before 7pm. I am just too sad to talk about it right now and really have no idea why I am even here tonight. I am truly alone.

eadit to say that he died here at home, warm and peaceful in his bed, while listening to Andy Williams Christmas special he had me record a couple weeks ago from PBS.

I lost mine at 95, and my thoughts are with you tonight my friend. Our grandparents teach us so much, and care for us so much. Thoughts to you and your family, if you were with him, may you know he lived a long and glorious life.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

He is at peace. You should be too.

And may his grace, earned during a life well-lived, go with you always.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by CitizenJack
Bottoms UP

While not announcing it, I joined you. Cheers my friends.

Cheers to you as well. It was an honor to meet you and to share a drink with you. Although our paths may never actually cross, consider me a friend.

I hope that people were able to find a light in this thread, as these times can indeed be dark for some. I personally got involved in this thread because it was this time this year that a thread similar to this on a different website showed me a glimmer a hope and honestly saved my life.

Since then my life has done a true 180 and I am forever grateful for the kind words of strangers. I remember what the lonliness was like.. But there is always hope life is crazy like that. When things are at there worst the only thing they can do is get better.

I wish I could applause all of you on this thread you are all amazing individuals I know we made a difference for someone, may the new year bring all of you the great things you deserve.

Love and Peace- CitizenJack

*No Stars Please*

edit on 25-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: didnt want any stars for my post

la2

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

My partner suddenly left me 2 months ago, and although i have had people around me today has been hard. I wish everyone on here so much good will today, yes we argue over the issues on here, but i think we can all agree, that regardless of our differing opinions we here are a very loyal community.

Merry Christmas to everyone

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
Thanks for the sentiment.

I am alone this year, as well as the foreseeable years ahead. I don't choose to be, but life hasn't seen fit to bless me with the things I want most, like a family or real friends. I've spent the better part of 2 hours today wallowing in self pity and tears, and I plan to recommence that activity once my ass starts to hurt from this chair. No need to pity me though, I do enough. 29 years of isolation from anything resembling a connection with another human has given me a very cynical view of the world, but for some reason the holidays make me weep because I can actually feel the love in the air, and I know none of it is for me.

edit on 24-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

I weep for you my friend,

I only wish I had it as easy this holiday season. I am alone too, but the family that
I feel had done a terrible job of preparing me for living on my own as an adult,
has paid me a visit and brought me gifts. They even invited me to dinner tonight. Except
I got really angry and started raising my voice and swearing and commanding them
to bring me food.

Ir was terrible. I feel terrible for hurting these people's feelings. I don't know
if I can consider them friends or family, because I don't have any friends or family
to talk with any of my problems about, or a therapist, and when a therapist listens,
she just tells you that you should tell your family how you feel in a calm and relaxing manner,
but I freak out.

I know I am so lucky, I just don't know what to talk about with
these people because I understand how everything is connected, so
when I begin ranting about politics or economics etc, they immediately
shut it out and go "I don't want to talk about that!"

So the cycle continues until I am forcibly removed from their home.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am alone this year and thank goodness too, because I got some horrible news that made me cry all day.

But I am certainly not complaining or feeling sorry for myself. I know of others who are going through real misery today, like the parents at Sandy Hook or the families who just got burned out of their apartment building at four this morning. Sometimes life just sux, and despite our good will and efforts we can't stop things from happening.

So heartfelt love to all.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wow I assumed I was the only one spending Christmas alone. My husband & I separated about 3 weeks ago & my kids are in Michigan for the week with their dad (my ex, not my husband). I've had a few phone & text conversations with my awesome friends but that's it as far as human interaction today. It's been a very strange Christmas this year. Oh well, hopefully 2013 will bring something great with it.

I'm glad I decided to login to ATS tonight. Wish I'd done it sooner today.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

What a lovely sentiment free of spite and dogmatic assertions.

If I were the whiny sort I'd lament my significant other, mother, father, brother, doggie, aunts, uncles, friends and more-than-passing acquaintances numbering now upwards of 17 who all passed in the last couple of years and say something bitter about the rich (in material and companionship) only being generous by proxy due to their own good fortune.

Good thing I'm not such a royal tool.

Merry day set aside once a year to think about people other than one's self when it should be every day.

But seriously, even if your lovers, friends and relatives try your patience, they won't be here forever so enjoy the good times while you can and spread some selflessness before and after they're gone... unlike certain whiny pity partying scrooges.

Skoal.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Nice thought..

Merry Christmas!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I wish I had seen this last night! I'm half Danish and my family often celebrates on Christmas Eve. I declined all invitations for that night because I worked until 4 and had a busy few days as a musician. Once I got home after watching all the families leave church together - I realized what a dumb mistake that was. I woke up in a foul mood today and depressed. But once I got to my parent's house - and we were all finally together as a family - it definitely cheered me up.

So to all those other single folks like me - hope you were able to enjoy your Christmas...and if you ever get an offer to have dinner with someone - TAKE IT! Lesson learned by me.

I

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join