page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Merry Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I hope everybody has a wonderful day! Anybody getting any snow today? I live in California and my sister lives in Philadelphia. Last night we were text messaging and when I asked her what she was doing she said, "Sitting here with the blinds open, watching the snow fall."

I live where it has snowed maybe 3 times in the last 20 years, so needless to say, I was a bit jealous! So if anybody is getting snow, make a snowman for me!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Love this thread. I have been following for sometime. I was not invited to family Christmas again this year. They have many secrets and I am inclined to be truthful. Makes me a little unpopular. So a good book, and plenty of time for reflection on 2012. Merry Christmas from the White Mountains

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
thanks for that man, i may have not be alone all day but i needed that.
havent had one of those fuzzy warm feelings in a bit.
pace and love your way and to all my other brothers and sisters here.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not all who are alone are lonely

I spent Christmas eve alone, detached from the chaos. Me and my doggeh enjoyed an evening together relaxing. I did some songwriting and playing, reflected on life a bit, gave gratitude for those that love me, for those that help and protect others, for those who create as in artists, musicians and poets, those who have lost someone, both figuratively and literally, and for all of my life's blessings, including friends, family, talents, passion and a good nature. To my ATS friends, blessings and intrigue. I dig the couth of so many members here, and even though it is a cyber tribe, I am proud to be part of it.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you so much. I am spending Christmas alone, for the 1st time in 20 years.
The shout out to folks like me is very much appreciated.
Merry Christmas to all on ATS !

Thank YOU !

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by runningwithnopants

Welcome to the family, glad to have ya. Every family has one and I have been that person and dealt with the "exile".
It brought you here tho, and Ats is a pretty good place. Granted there is bickering and disagreeing but the beauty of this family is that some one out there probably agrees wit you or has the same opinions or views as you.

So on Ats your never really alone. If you wanna chat it up let me know or pick one or the other fine contributors to thread. After all we are all on this thread for a reason.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hi!

Nice to see a thread like this! I had to work Chirstmas Eve and today, the 25th. Tomorrow, Boxing Day (an official holiday in my country, The Netherlands) I'm off.. yay!
Spending it with my family and when I get home I am going to leasure a bit with some colleagues slash friends at a lil techno gig in Nijmegen.
These days can be confronting as to not having a 'better half' to share all the intimate soul stuff with. I really miss that. Fortunately there are a lot of people around, close, who reach out all the time. I'm really blessed.

Hope the ATS community has had a wonderful time so far and please accept my love and 'all the best'. Cheers!
edit on 25/12/2012 by CriticalMess because: added some soul

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It's good to be reminded, that while alone (not by choice, but by circumstance) I'm not alone.

The holidays, have usually been lonely. My older friend who's like a mother to me are pretty much alone, her nieces and nephew and two cousins never bothered to call her. I have no family.

Thanks for the reminder. Have a Merry Christmas,hope for a happy new year.
edit on 25-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Merry Christmas to everyone on ATS weather you are alone or not. Thank you Neformore for such a timely and thoughtful thread. Spending time reading so many great comments helps to restore some faith in mankind once again.

Below is an old poem I came across several years ago somewhere online while reading. I think many will enjoy reading this one at this time of year too.

----------------

Burning Drift-Wood
Before my drift-wood fire I sit,
And see, with every waif I burn,
Old dreams and fancies coloring it,
And folly's unlaid ghosts return.
O ships of mine, whose swift keels cleft
The enchanted sea on which they sailed,
Are these poor fragments only left
Of vain desires and hopes that failed?
Did I not watch from them the light
Of sunset on my towers in Spain,
And see, far off, uploom in sight
The Fortunate Isles I might not gain?
Did sudden lift of fog reveal
Arcadia's vales of song and spring,
And did I pass, with grazing keel,
The rocks whereon the sirens sing?
Have I not drifted hard upon
The unmapped regions lost to man,
The cloud-pitched tents of Prester John,
The palace domes of Kubla Khan?
Did land winds blow from jasmine flowers,
Where Youth the ageless Fountain fills?
Did Love make sign from rose blown bowers,
And gold from Eldorado's hills?
Alas! the gallant ships, that sailed
On blind Adventure's errand sent,
Howe'er they laid their courses, failed
To reach the haven of Content.
And of my ventures, those alone
Which Love had freighted, safely sped,
Seeking a good beyond my own,
By clear-eyed Duty piloted.
O mariners, hoping still to meet
The luck Arabian voyagers met,
And find in Bagdad's moonlit street,
Haroun al Raschid walking yet,
Take with you, on your Sea of Dreams,
The fair, fond fancies dear to youth.
I turn from all that only seems,
And seek the sober grounds of truth.
What matter that it is not May,
That birds have flown, and trees are bare,
That darker grows the shortening day,
And colder blows the wintry air!
The wrecks of passion and desire,
The castles I no more rebuild,
May fitly feed my drift-wood fire,
And warm the hands that age has chilled.
Whatever perished with my ships,
I only know the best remains;
A song of praise is on my lips
For losses which are now my gains.
Heap high my hearth! No worth is lost;
No wisdom with the folly dies.
Burn on, poor shreds, your holocaust
Shall be my evening sacrifice!
Far more than all I dared to dream,
Unsought before my door I see;
On wings of fire and steeds of steam
The world's great wonders come to me,
And holier signs, unmarked before,
Of Love to seek and Power to save,—
The righting of the wronged and poor,
The man evolving from the slave;
And life, no longer chance or fate,
Safe in the gracious Fatherhood.
I fold o'er-wearied hands and wait,
In full assurance of the good.
And well the waiting time must be,
Though brief or long its granted days,
If Faith and Hope and Charity
Sit by my evening hearth-fire's blaze.
And with them, friends whom Heaven has spared,
Whose love my heart has comforted,
And, sharing all my joys, has shared
My tender memories of the dead,—
Dear souls who left us lonely here,
Bound on their last, long voyage, to whom
We, day by day, are drawing near,
Where every bark has sailing room.
I know the solemn monotone
Of waters calling unto me;
I know from whence the airs have blown
That whisper of the Eternal Sea.
As low my fires of drift-wood burn,
I hear that sea's deep sounds increase,
And, fair in sunset light, discern
Its mirage-lifted Isles of Peace.
by - John Greenleaf Whittier - (1807–1892)

~~~~~~~~~

Stop Waiting

"So stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school,
until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds,
until you have kids, until your kids leave the house,
until you start work, until you retire,
until you get married, until you get divorced,
until Friday night, until Sunday morning,
until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off,
until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter,
until the first or fifteenth, until your song comes on,
until you've had a drink, until you've sobered up,
until you die, until you are born again
to decide that there is no better time
than right now to be happy."
Author Unknown

---------

"Nations are possessed with an insane ambition
to perpetuate the memory of themselves by the amount
of hammered stone they leave. What if equal pains
were taken to smooth and polish their manners?
One piece of good sense would be more memorable
than a monument as high as the moon."

~ Henry David Thoreau

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I know I'm a little late... but Merry Christmas everyone!

To those who's lonely - virtual Christmas hugs all around. ((((((hugs))))) To those who's alone by choice - good on ya!

This Christmas has been a very sad one for me, due to my kitty passing this year, so I simply haven't been getting into the spirit as usual (usually there's Christmas pictures, with everyone - including the fourlegged ones - dressed up, and the whole house decorated... this year I only did the hallway and the livingroom)... but nevertheless I love the promise of Christmas... a promise of something better to come. I know a lot of people use Christmas as a time of reflection... I don't... Christmas is to me a promise of a better time to come... whether you want to think a saviour was born, or simply a promise of lighter days.

As per usual me and OH spent it together, him depressed as per usual when it's Christmas time (his kids live very far away, but he perked up when he got texts from them, and I'm sure in the coming days the Christmas pictures will start flooding in of the grandkid, which is always a highlight), and me looking forward to the future.

No family or friend gathering... instead we put on suitable clothes for the cold and took the dogs out for an hour on the beach. Found a few more nice stones for my beloved kittys grave, wished her a happy Christmas - had a good old cry, and then stuffed my face with chocolate.

Opened pressies at around 8pm (we didn't give eachother anything due to being broke. Hahahaha), and then had our dinner around 10pm and have since been just listening to Christmas songs on the telly whilst playing games online.

So... if there's anyone without a Christmas tree... I'll happily share mine with all of you! It's a little bit worse for wear with a kitten in the house (and also the reason why I opted for the small tree this year, instead of the large one we got)... half of the decorations are spread all over the house and the lights are all over the place after having been knocked onto the floor so many times... but I still love it. I look at it, and a little bit of that magic I sorely miss this year, sneaks in.

Wishing everyone a lovely time now before New Years... and a wonderful 2013!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

You're not alone, except for my older friend and we're alone; She's like a mother to me. Her nieces and nephew and cousins haven't even called her today. I have no family.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well as the post here start to slow im going to go ahead and post this last comment.

There is not a person in this thread that i wouldn't be grateful to be with for Christmas.

And im glad you all were here.

Im glad ats was here

You have made me laugh and cry

You have brought back memories long since forgotten.

You have reminded me why im here.

There are good people on this planet. And many of them reside here.

In this year to come I want you all to know that we can make this planet a reflection of this thread.

I will try to do my part. And if any of you need anything just ask. I know asking can be hard(im trying to learn myself)
But you all deserve it.

No matter religion, country, politics, etc. We can all come together and make it Christmas everyday for someone.

There's a line from "the meaning of life"( monty python) line that goes "everyday is Christmas in heaven"

I think it's time we shot for heaven on earth.

and if nothing else I will be throwing a party next year for anyone who is interested.

Ty for this thread Nef. Big hug to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

Sorry to hear about your cat as always its rough when you lose a much loved pet.Thanks for the hug returning one to you. We didn't exchange presents either we're in the same boat as you.

2012 has been a rotten year. Now that we've survived the Mayan Apocolypse
let's hope 2013 is better for all of us.

Merry Christmas and Hoping 2013 is better.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I remember all to well the Christmases I spent alone. It was because I was a drunken, narcissistic, manipulator of everyone that had the misfortune to be in my company. I was terrified and lonely but didn't or couldn't see it was my self obsessed behavior and bitterness that drove all my friends and family away.

I changed...

Tonight I dance and rejoice in my transformation; the greatest gift this old cynic could ever have hoped for!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
Sorry to hear about your cat as always its rough when you lose a much loved pet.Thanks for the hug returning one to you. We didn't exchange presents either we're in the same boat as you.

Thank you! It was so hard loosing her... luckily we still got our (old and grumpy! Hahahaha!) tomcat, and our two doggies... and we got a little kitten a couple of months ago, and the little madam sure keeps us on our toes (and ripping out our hair when she climbs the curtains!).

2012 has been a rotten year. Now that we've survived the Mayan Apocolypse
let's hope 2013 is better for all of us.

*nods head* Yes, 2012 has been terrible for us too. Hmmmmm... *sly smile* Considering the grandkid won't remember the "Mayan Apocolypse" I think it would only be fair if me and OH pretend it happened when she gets older and tell her how we killed off all the zombies... Hahahaha!

Merry Christmas and Hoping 2013 is better.

Agreed! Here's hoping all your dreams will come true come 2013!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Well your thread did bring some cheer to me. I spent it alone and sick. Christmas is officially cancelled for me.

Thanks and may the rest of this Holiday season be a joyous one for you all.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Thank you, seeing the qualities of the people on this site is one reason I finally joined after being a long time lurker. There are alot of good people here.

Just having trouble as always wrapping my head around the Christmas thing, holidays aren't too good for me that's why I decided to come on and be with the group tonight. The whole year though has been bad for my older friend and I (she's the closest thing to a mother I have.)

Hope you have a Merry Christmas, hope 2013 is a good year for all of us.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well if anybody is still needing a friend i'll be keeping a deal I made with Steffenfield a few pages back. He wanted a drinking buddy so I said at 10 pm my time I would do a shot of jager so he would have a drinking buddy tonight. And since no one likes to drink alone I invite everyone who wants a booze buddy to raise a glass at 10pm. Its currently 915 pm my time so in 45 minutes we can really get the party started.
All are welcome.

I hope you got my message steffen.
edit on 25-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Merry Christmas ATS'ers....I'm sorry to hear that some of you will be spending Christmas alone, maybe next year we could start a thread a little earlier, and if there are people alone that live near to each other.....then maybe they could hook up and spend the day together, I won't be alone, but if I and my family could have given someone a Christmas dinner, a few drinks and a bit of company then we would genuinely have been only too happy to.........so long as he/she isn't a psycho of course!

LOL. this is the spirit of the season. I was extremely blessed this year, my wife and I got to spend Christmas with all 5 of our adult children, some of who had not even met each other. My adult siblings and I pooled money to help a less fortunate family, and my mother and father, who are divorced joined into our pool. It has been a wonderful Christmas, and I would gladly extend an invite to an ats'er who is spending it alone. You don't have to be crazy to belong to my family, but it helps.

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join