It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Killed While Battling NY Blaze

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The shooter was a convicted murderer. Why was he out roaming around? Blame the slack laws. He should have been put to death years ago.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I remember reading an article in 2011 about a Kansas Professor who predicted a "vortex of death" in the coming years. The article states he died in 2008, but warned others about the years immediately ahead. The cause for these coming mass-deaths? Professor Wheeler theorized that they'd stem from a sharp rise in solar activity, and it's interaction with Earth's magnetic field. This, in turn, would cause people to "go mad" in large numbers.

Aside from the general global unrest and bizarre, seemingly motive-less strings of murders, think of the recent cases of news anchors suddenly speaking gibberish...

If Wheeler's theory reflects the truth, this horror show can't be resolved with gun control, and can be expected to happen like clockwork again in the future. The article is linked below.

www.helium.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jem78

I think its inappropriate to link these incidents with solar activity without some sort of evidence to support that idea. You are right to say however, that there will be no improvement in the situation if guns are taken away. The crucial aspect will be dealing with the dangerous psychotics out there who have either been unrecognised, or have simply slipped through the gap, and been allowed to walk free despite posing a massive risk to the people around them.

Guns or no, nothing will change until the state of mental health care in the US changes to the point where those who should not be in society due to the danger they pose, are taken out of it. Similarly, those who should be in jail, or dead, should not be striding about free to roam, and cast violence and blood upon the ground walked by the innocent.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

He states his evidence in the article.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jem78

Coincidence does not in and of itself resemble, let alone become evidence. The "research" that the man you speak of found, did not amount to anything other than an observation. There was never, and has never, been any proven link between solar flare activity, and human behavior.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just because someone decides to use a gun to perpetrate evil doesn't mean that everyone should sacrifice their natural right to responsibly defend themselves. Evil men will perpetrate evil regardless of any man-written law or mass-cultural belief. It is inherent in man to be evil as well as good; Take away guns and people will be stabbed, take away knives, and people will be bludgeoned, take away sticks, and people will be strangled. It is the liberal paradigm to try to save everyone person from harm and tragedy through litigation by placing the blame on inanimate objects. Its a fools dream to think that we can solve these issues in such a manner. As a firefighter I am deeply saddened by this event, but it serves as a reminder to me, as I hope it does for all fellow first-responders, of exactly why I wake up and do the job that I do; Evil can and will manifest itself in many forms, be it in the form of man or otherwise, so it is our responsibility to fight the inevitable tragedies that will face each and everyone of us with the GOOD in man. We can't save everybody and we never will. It's just a sad truth, one I face on a regular basis, and it would do a lot of people a lot of good to realize that. Stop weighing our rights and life by numbers of deaths caused by evil and start weighing it by the good being done by good people everyday in acts of heroism like these brave firemen. Where are the stats and percentages of kindness, bravery, and sacrifice? I''m so sick of the fear I see in people. Life is scary! That's what makes it precious! We protect it with personal nurturing, love, responsibility, and accountability not litigation, and government control. We change this world one person at a time, one mind at a time, but have no delusions of peace and euphoria because this is it ladies and gentlemen. Guns, no guns, makes no difference. Fight evil, be strong, and be good.

Please, if you've read this, take a moment to pay your respects to these men and all men and women who do things that keep us safe(r) everyday.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So William Spingler types a note about how he likes killing people and wants to see how many houses he can burn down. After the house burns down, they find the note that seemed to have not been touched by the fire.

yahoo news

William Spengler, 62, set his home and a car on fire early Monday morning with the intention of setting a trap to kill firefighters and to see "how much of the neighborhood I can burn down," according to the note he wrote and which police found at the scene. The note did not give a reason for his actions.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well now that would be really fair. Take away some 300 million people's rights to bear arms because a few people go whacko and can access a firearm? Makes alot of sense...NOT.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

you are missing the point why was this pile of crap on the street he was a CONVICTED MURDERER WHICH MEANS HE WAS KNOWN TO BE A KILLER HOW DID HE ESCAPE DEATH ROW OR LIFE IMPRISONMENT ? he had no right to bear arms he was a convict so the other question was how did he get his guns theft off black market?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33

you are missing the point why was this pile of crap on the street he was a CONVICTED MURDERER WHICH MEANS HE WAS KNOWN TO BE A KILLER HOW DID HE ESCAPE DEATH ROW OR LIFE IMPRISONMENT ? he had no right to bear arms he was a convict so the other question was how did he get his guns theft off black market?

Have to disagree mate and say you're missing the point, do you think this guy could've got an assault rifle so easily if there had been a ban in place with less of them in society?
edit on 25-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33

It is possible he bought the guns at a gun show out of state.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I don't think people from other countries really understand America.

I hear people from Canada, Britain, Australia etc, spouting off about "bans" of guns in America.

Let me be clear. The government can try to ban guns. It won't work here. Americans are not like you. They will not just line up like lemmings and turn their guns in like they did in other countries, just because the government says so. They will, quite frankly, tell the government to stick their gun ban up their ass.

I mean, the government couldn't even enforce such a thing. A nation of 300 million people with 270 million KNOWN weapons? What are they going to do? Go door to door? That would take 500 years, with minimal results. Any attempt at a gun ban will result in Americans caching their weapons underground, at other locations etc. They aren't going to simply bow their heads and hand over their guns, as other countries have done.

The framers of the Bill of Rights included the 2nd amendment for a reason. Having just tossed England out of the country, they knew there could come a time when the general populace might have to toss a tyrannical government out in the future.

So, the second amendment is precious to Americans. They will not line up to turn weapons in.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Ofc I know a total ban would be impossible, the only ban that would work would have to a ban across all walks of life (including cops and guards etc.) but that would take years and years to do also. More guns is not the answer.

Imo, without a doubt, the second amendment is out-dated and it's only going to cause more problems.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Vidpci

It is the policemans job to protect you from the Criminals, using guns for protection is just making you a vigilante. The logic also states that when there is fewer guns in circulation there will be fewer deaths and injuries from such guns. You will never irradicate guns completely, but your misplaced loyalty in owning a gun actually makes the situation worse and not better. The UK might still have gun crime, but your average Citizen is unlikely to be on the receiving end. When Gun's go underground, yes it is just the crims that get guns but they tend to mostly use them on each other.

The Supreme Court has ruled in cases that it is not the duty of police to protect citizens from harm. There was a case of a female hotel worker that could have been saved by police but they considered their stakeout more important. Look it up. The only time authorities are required to protect you is when you are in their custody. So please stop the spreading of misinformation to promote your views. Also, you seem to be using the deaths of firefighters to further your aims. Why is that I wonder?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well now that would be really fair. Take away some 300 million people's rights to bear arms because a few people go whacko and can access a firearm? Makes alot of sense...NOT.

Well, remember. The so-called "greater good" only applies when they say it does. When one cop dies by gunfire, the Second Amendment is just getting too dangerous to keep. When they want to crush the rights of a few individuals who would choose not to buy insurance, the greater good is a perfect excuse.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is by far a horrible crime that was once again likely partly perpetrated by the shadow government of evil who controls our visible government in conjunction with international (primarily European founded/Zionist run) Banking cartels. The pattern has been the same lately. Initial reports of a second gunman, who either dissapears or has the reporting ammended to strike the allegation there was one and the primary gunman, who seems to go suicidal. Dead men tell no tales right? The man should have been on death row for crying out loud. He was convicted while New York still had the death penalty after all. My thougts and prayers are with the firefighters for sure on this one, and believe it or not, no I dont believe the firefighters should have to carry firearms on the job. Of course I would support their right to do so if they choose to. I feel like firefighters are like the medical personell in a war zone, they should always be off limits to an attack. Their only purpose is to respond to disaster and save lives. Why should anyone harbor ill will towards them? Only the evil puppet masters do, and it is because they are trying harder and harder to find a way to piss off the American public enough to give up our own rights. It is having the opposite effect though. Decades of conditioning America to be apathetic to any issue or people not directly involved in their daily life through the media has worked so well we wont even get in an upraor to hand them our rights even when they manufacture these attacks against the most innocent and honorable victims.

I have another theory. I believe the people are recognizing more than ever that these attacks are manufactured and are not being tricked into hasty rash decisions on our constitutional rights.

Now to address our former oppressors in Europe.

Attention lowly peasant servants of the British Monarchy: you live on an island!!!!! Of course its easier to keep guns banned in your country, members of the Sinaola or Zetas cartel cant exactly just walk through an invisible (non-existant) border fence to provide your criminals with yet another illegal product. Sure much of their arsenal is coming from here with the help of our Federal (shadow) government, but their are many manufacturers of firearms in central and South America as well. Their LEA's are already assisting at various levels to bring the drugs this way, it would simply be another lucrative market to sneak in firearms as well. So please cease the continuing effort at oppression carrying over from several hundred years ago into the modern era, we do not appreciate it.

Now that I got that off my chest, I would like to go back on topic. I believe this discussion should not center on gun control or gun rights. It should be focused on why a violent murderer who killed his own family member (not with a gun btw) was even allowed to be set free? Again, New York had the death penalty in 1981, and according to the article he was set free in 1998. 17 years is plenty of time to serve before being executed. I dont understand how his defense had any grounds for a plea bargain with the D.A. on a case of murder if the charges and evidence supported at least 17 years. Makes no sense to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

So, according to your logic since he killed someone with a Hammer its OK for him to roam the streets?? The point is he was convicted in our lax laws, got out in 18 yrs than set up 4 and possibly a 5th person and killed them with a Gun.

If he killed these 4 or 5 people with a hammer would you even respond to this thread??

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

So, according to your logic since he killed someone with a Hammer its OK for him to roam the streets?? The point is he was convicted in our lax laws, got out in 18 yrs than set up 4 and possibly a 5th person and killed them with a Gun.

If he killed these 4 or 5 people with a hammer would you even respond to this thread??

He didn't use a hammer though mate, he used what was described as an "assault rifle". And if you want to be specific, one of those can take out way more people than bopping them on the head with a hammer repeatedly.

Murder is not ok period, where are you getting the idea that I think murder is fine from?

Your country has a problem with guns and no matter how you try and sugar coat the truth(with whatever argument you justify to yourself), the problem will not go away.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
His point is the problem was not the gun here. The problem here was the fact that a violent murderer who killed his own grandmother with a blunt weapon was free in society to kill once more. And his point is that you are not focusing on that, but instead on furthering your anti-gun agenda. This is why he asks if you would even have bothered arguing if he used any other weapon to murder besides a gun, other than to offer your condolences to the families. Why focus on the tool of the crime when the fact is this criminal should not have been roaming amongst the general public to begin with? Focus your energy there.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Two words:

Compound Bow

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join