It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In light of 12/21/12 being a complete failure I have a new way of thinking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now you would think that Y2K woulda made my way of thinking change, but if you really think bout it I was born in 1988 so I was only 12 during that time turning 13 in March. So really I wasn't as mature as I am at 24. So while reading all the doom and gloom surrounding yesterday it was pretty scary to say the least and I am glad that it was just a hoax, but it made me think bout life in a new perspective. I don't think earth will ever have a judgement day anymore, at least not anymore. I have seen recently threads saying that we are just in a matrix type program on a super computer and am starting to believe it, but I think it didn't start til after the computers were made, therefore they couldn't have started to program til about 1951. Granted I know that wasn't the FIRST computer, but it was the first commercial computer.
Labeled at said source below.
Source

So anyways, Of course there won't be any kind of doomsday anymore because lets face it, the program can be altered to keep this planet from being destroyed with just simple coding. Unless a hacker finds where this program is located, which is highly unlikely, Earth is safe and there is no worries, but of course this is just theory. I wasn't sure where to put this thread so thats why I came here.

So with that said i'd like to know everyone else's thoughts on this matter, or if I am just crazy. Either way it has made me wanna try and do something with my life again knowing that doomsday will never happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nothing quite like making your programmer proud, live each virtual day to the fullest. Btw, I didn't understand what you were saying about 1951 computer or whatever. I don't think they started simulating our lives after 1950, if that's what you mean, wouldn't years just be codes, and therefore that would be part of the sim?! I'm going with crazy on this one...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

How was 12/21/12 a complete failure?

If you believe that doomsday was what the date meant, if you believed 'rapture' was what the date meant, if you believed any of the bull# "Facts" without actually doing your own research into the calendar and Mayan history, then you were simply giving into what this modern day culture does...which is to lie and exagerate half-truths, or, even better, you didn't believe, but were eagerly stalking those that did believe these things so you could rip them apart like a predator (Please recognize these statements are not necessarily directed at you OP).

If you're referring to 12/21/12 being the end of the world any of that bull#, then yes, it was "total and complete failure." Which is a funny way to put it too - kind of sounds like you're referring to it as some kind of incursion or mission lol.

Basically, it goes as such: if you believe astrology is meaningful, then yesterday was a very meaningful day for you.

That's mostly it.

It wasn't a complete failure in all respects; that kind of broad, sweeping generalization is what #ing kills me about modern day "thinking".

If you believe that we're living in a computer construct, every single day is a potential doomsday.
edit on 22-12-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

yes that is what i meant, it was a failure of a doomsday prediction, and yes something did happen, but not what people thought but it just makes me think that we're all programmed and the simulation is finally letting us know that we can just live without fear of the world comign to an end our "programmer" wanted us to live our lives kinda like a player playing sims. I don't know either way I am not buying into the bs anymore that a certain day is doomsday. I guess I needed yesterdays prediction to fail to start living my life again.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So you don't buy into the Doomsday theories but you'll 100% buy into us living in the Matrix?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

Are you drunk? Although this zero tollerence policy is annoying and I sympathise with your frustration, you really are begging for trouble with a post like that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I was going to say "Congratulations on your rebirth as a person of reason"

But then now you believe you are in a computer program! It's only a whacked out theory!

From one delusion to the next, some people never learn.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

It helps me get by instead of just wanting to give up on life and await my death.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If living in a fantasy gets you by, by all means do it.
Sorry about that.

PS, it's a theory, a weird one though, my mistake.

Oh, and get out of my wall.

edit on 23-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join