It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Gov Cuomo: "Confiscation could be an option"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well at least they want to buy them from you (like "manifest destiny") albeit mandatory as proposed. Others idea of confiscation is to simply take them no matter the value (especially large and high end collections).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They can create laws, loopholes to confiscate firearms.

I'd really like to see them try, however.

If the feds try large scale confiscation the state can step in and put a legal stop to it. This is clearly a state issue.
Had the state of Texas steped in they could have stoped WACO from happening.....which was after all a forced gun grab.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i, being left of center, don't even believe this should happen. backround checks, and max 15 round clips are enough for me. my fellow democrats sometimes go way overboard. like republicans, they sometimes take the pendulum and swing it too much to the other side. i don't know why "reason", is in such short supply with our politicians.

This is not a pendulum its a right...."the right of the people".

The only pendulum here is Como swinging on the peoples nut sack like a little tiny mouse.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by littled16

Take jimmi's proposal of a 15 round mag cap. That couldnt possibly be more arbitrary and useless. It's an attempt to compromise tyranny. 30 is obviously too big and cutting to 5 or 10 would meet too much resistance so lets start with 15 and in five or ten years we'll cut it by another five rounds.

It's just more tyranny for tyrannys sake.

And really it would take all of 5 seconds to load a fresh 15 rounder in the hole. So what do they get for their clip restriction.....5 seconds or less?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Well at least they want to buy them from you (like "manifest destiny") albeit mandatory as proposed. Others idea of confiscation is to simply take them no matter the value (especially large and high end collections).

From an X gun owner from the land down under

[QUOTE]
An Australian here.
Don't for one second get suckered by government buy back schemes.
We here in Australia did with the governments talk of offering gun owners "market value" for the guns they handed in and we got screwed over. Royally.
We got mere cents in the dollar of the guns actual worth and they were all destroyed.

There is no way, with the way your economy is, that you'll get anywhere near market value either.

Don't be fooled.
Don't believe them.
They're lying to you. [QUOTE]

Nice lady

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
and how is the gov going to pay for these guns when they cant pay for the bills they already have? lol

I guess the tax payers will get to pay for buying back guns frmo themselves
then we get to pay to have them destroyed.. but more likely the best of them will go into the hands of the military or politicials who like guns or stockpiles away in gov bases

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
and how is the gov going to pay for these guns when they cant pay for the bills they already have? lol

Maybe they could just print up a few billion dollars

then we get to pay to have them destroyed.. but more likely the best of them will go into the hands of the military or politicials who like guns or stockpiles away in gov bases
Yes the program of gun destruction cost a mere fortune in Aussie dollars...or so I was told.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is exactly why our Founding Fathers made The Constitution and The Bill of Rights so hard to amend.
Knee-jerk, emotional responses need time and thought before God-given Rights can be voted away.

Hopefully, people come to their senses before doing dumb things.
Hopefully.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i, being left of center, don't even believe this should happen. backround checks, and max 15 round clips are enough for me. my fellow democrats sometimes go way overboard. like republicans, they sometimes take the pendulum and swing it too much to the other side. i don't know why "reason", is in such short supply with our politicians.

Magazine (not clip) size limitations are about the dumbest thing I've heard from this debate. Do you know how easy it is to make a magazine? Its several pieces of metal with a spring in the middle. You could crank one out in your garage. Also even if you follow this stupid rule, its just as easy to carry more rounds on you. Reloading twice as much isn't really a factor when any "cowboy" can train themselves to reload a gun in as little as 3 seconds. Heck when I was in the Army we used to tape two magazines together to further reduce the reload time.

This concession is almost a desperation one that the anti-gun crowd try to say when they run out of things to limit on gun control because all their othr r arguments fell flat. Well this one is just as silly.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

They'll get around to the cars later, First things first. The Agenda 21 plan is to stop people from living in the rural areas and bring them into the cities where they can control their lives. The idea is to get everyone bicycling or walking to their destinations.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Maybe they could just print up a few billion dollars

Yes the program of gun destruction cost a mere fortune in Aussie dollars...or so I was told.

On the radio this morning, listening to a NY station.....they were saying it would cost a billion $ just in that state to buy back. That was at a 1000$ per figure. So you can do the math and figure their idea of how many weapons that is.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
pretty sure he is talking about mandatory confiscation of assault weapons

there are too many hunters in upstate NY for him to lose thier vote on this

think people !!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by 727Sky

They'll get around to the cars later, First things first. The Agenda 21 plan is to stop people from living in the rural areas and bring them into the cities where they can control their lives. The idea is to get everyone bicycling or walking to their destinations.

Yes wait until they start collecting a new tax on miles driven....exercise might not be to bad for some?? People will really consider moving close to their job, no? You gotta love how creative some proposals are when coming for your hard earned money; their needs are always bigger and better than your needs........different thread but you get my drift....

Yes there are many things said about agenda 21 and the framers (UN) purpose of sustainable resources..I have read several (mostly negative) articles on the grand plan. There are very few ways for a population to fight back with a Mao, Pol Pot, etc etc in charge...

At our overseas farm, the electricity could go out and all computers be trashed and other than not having air-conditioning we would be fine; we have village water but also a deep well we can hand pump water. I will be digging a rather large deep fish pond soon so if ya like fish in a couple of years come and get-em; for a price of course....sorry a true capitalist...to friends, family, and guest there will be some rather large eating events and I don't even like fish that much!!

However, no doubt the long tendrils of the agenda 21 program is trying to reach there as well, if one is observant about some rant or new proposal coming out of the Capital. But I like where we are.... both country and the people; they tend to do their own thing (Buddhist) and medical services are first class with everything from acupuncture to the latest medical break through which can be had for pennies on the dollar when compared to stateside prices.

Getting crosswise with their government seldom happens unless you wanna do drugs or steal something...is it perfect...no...is it better than stateside; subjectively somethings are, somethings are not...depends on what one is looking for and willing to put up with; I like it and am planning on dying there but that is me.

I have to say if a global SHTF scenario actually happens I hope I am at the farm....The only tax we pay is a value added tax (VAT) on a purchase of something new (no sales tax, property tax, etc etc); so we actually own the farm and as of this writing we can pass it on after we die with no penalty...

edit on 24-12-2012 by 727Sky because: which

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
New York gets everything they deserve, because non of them have the gonads to tell them to "F" OFF
why anyone would choose to live there is beyond me

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Reasonable gun control to theses idiots is like being a little bit pregnant... There is no such thing it is all or nothing to them! These are the enemies of freedom!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That was said back in the 94 ban, they did not take your gun just prevented you from buying one , but then there was the pre ban mags stocks fore grips uppers and lowers that you could buy and make your own, what was the benefit of the ban??? more money to the fire arms industry, and the ban made no difference, still could get an AR or an AK just had to build it your self.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Which puts to the real deal they would have to use extreme force to "confiscate" our weapons. There is a history of this dating back to Roosevelt and the confiscation of gold, then silver.

I made this very same analogy to my family not long ago. I have to argue with them everyday about the 'curtain-call' acts that go on. I had to bang on about Sandy Hook for 3 days before they realized what kind of lie was taking place.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I will be digging a rather large deep fish pond soon so if ya like fish in a couple of years come and get-em; for a price of course....sorry a true capitalist...to friends, family, and guest there will be some rather large eating events and I don't even like fish that much!!

Hey, works for me. I believe in Capitalism too. It's far more motivational than collective farming.

edit on 24-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What's next, a government issued, FDA/ATF approved sling shot to protect ourselves, while they take our right to keep and bear arms with a smile? This should get every American's attention, at the macro and micro level!

Certain rights are worth the sacrifice, worth fighting and/or dying for...
edit on 24-12-2012 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk

What's next, a government issued, FDA/ATF approved sling shot to protect ourselves, while they take our right to keep and bear arms with a smile? This should get every American's attention, at the macro and micro level!

Certain rights are worth the sacrifice, worth fighting and/or dying for...
edit on 24-12-2012 by Gumerk because: Clarification

Reminds me of a quote from General George Patton taken from the movie with George C. Scott: "It is not your duty to die for your country; but to make the other sob die for his".

Cooler heads will join the fray; so let us hope something meaningful will come out of the process.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join