It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zero-point

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Zero-point or Absolute:

How far can logic pierce the secret of life?

Every time you see A, you replace it with AB and every time you see B, you replace it with A. Let start with A:

S0: A
S1; AB
S2: ABA
S3: ABAAB
S4: ABAABABA
S5: ABAABABAABAAB
S6: ABAABABAABAABABAABABA
S7: ABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAAB
S8: ABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABABA
S9: ABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAAB
Sx: ...

That is called the infinite Fibonacci word. This logic shows us that something can grow never-endingly: A and B can be replaced with any numbers, letters, symbols, 2d & 3d forms, sounds, etc., etc. You can also take two different sequences (Sx), infinitely, and make new words, infinitely. In other words, logic can create infinities, infinitely.

Philosophically/spiritually speaking, it could be translated as: we are all one (everyone is the Zero-point).

What are your thoughts on that?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Are you suggesting that 'zero-point energy' is that which some have called mana?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

It could be called any names. The simplest one would be: that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

But from a cross-cultural comparative perspective, is one persons zero-point energy another persons mana from heaven? And another persons magic? And yet another persons shakti? And another persons chi? And another persons mind-over-matter?

edit on 20-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
The Zero-point or Absolute:

How far can logic pierce the secret of life?

Every time you see A, you replace it with AB and every time you see B, you replace it with A. Let start with A:

S1; AB
S3: ABAAB
S4: ABAABABA
S5: ABAABABAABAAB
S6: ABAABABAABAABABAABABA
S7: ABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAAB
S8: ABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABABA
S9: ABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAABABAABABAABAABABAABAAB
Sx: ...

That is called the infinite Fibonacci word. This logic shows us that something can grow never-endingly: A and B can be replaced with any numbers, letters, symbols, 2d & 3d forms, sounds, etc., etc. You can also take two different sequences (Sx), infinitely, and make new words, infinitely. In other words, logic can create infinities, infinitely.

Philosophically/spiritually speaking, it could be translated as: we are all one (everyone is the Zero-point).

The reason we put 3 elipses behind a number is to show that anyone can take the number as far as they want to take it. Logic cannot create infinities. No power in the universe could put an A after a B for an infinite amount of time. Consequently, we are not all one?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Your post made absolutely no sense.

Consequently, we are all one.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You say everyone is the zero point but there is no one in oneness (or zeroness).
There is only 'being' and it is being all there is.

Really, there is nothing and nothing is appearing to happen.
Emptiness is forming.

Think of a flute, it is an empty tube with holes in it. Air is nothing, nothing tangible but when pushed through the empty tube it appears when before it was nothing (not appearing). Music is air (nothing) appearing as something (sound).
edit on 20-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Logic cannot create infinities. No power in the universe could put an A after a B for an infinite amount of time...

Thanks for your input. Fortunately, the power of logic can. And something must necessarily be beyond, as we're aware of the said power.

Everyone else, i'll be back tonight.

edit on 20-12-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Your post made absolutely no sense.

Consequently, we are all one.

What didn't make sense in it? Must I explain further? If we were one, you'd know what I and the OP was talking about.

Consequently, we are not one.

edit on 20-12-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Logic cannot create infinities. No power in the universe could put an A after a B for an infinite amount of time...

Thanks for your input. Fortunately, the power of logic can. And something must necessarily be beyond, as we're aware of the said power.

Everyone else, i'll be back tonight.

Well in logic it is valid, but it is not at all sound, and therefor, not true outside of logic or math.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The idea of Zero point energy is fascinating. I made a thread about a documentary that talks about what information the Ancients may have left for us to discover. S & F friend.

Zero Point: Volumes I, II & III- Ancient Civilizations Redux

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

S1; AB

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

How is S2 not AA? I'm replacing the B at S1 with A, no?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
abracadabrabracadabrabracadabrabracadabrabracadabrabracadabrabracadabra

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That brings back an interesting question: as all complexities potentially exist with the IFW, how far can logic pierce the secret of life.

reply to post by yeahright

Do it one character at a time. S0 becomes S1, S1(a) becomes S2(ab), S1(b) becomes S2(a), etc.

Is mana the same as prana? Right now, I'd probably answer yes to all your questions. Where would that leave us?

reply to post by mcx1942

I agree, that is truly fascinating & thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'll think about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You say everyone is the zero point but there is no one in oneness (or zeroness).
There is only 'being' and it is being all there is.

Really, there is nothing and nothing is appearing to happen.
Emptiness is forming.

Think of a flute, it is an empty tube with holes in it. Air is nothing, nothing tangible but when pushed through the empty tube it appears when before it was nothing (not appearing). Music is air (nothing) appearing as something (sound).
edit on 20-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

It is all made of the same energy, you the air you breath the flute you play, all of it is made of the same energy, amazing "ain't" it?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I hope my earlier post didn't seem so trite as to not warrant a response.

many years ago I sketched out an autopoetic theory of existence using this "magic word", which translates to, according to hermeticism:

abra: "AM"
cad: "NOT"

the word "abracad" is an occult usage of "abraham". I am not huge into the bible, but it is my understanding that gods covenant with abraham was a proliferation of his seed into eternity.

anyways, my theory involved something of a CELLULAR AUTOMATA action upon abracadabra, much as what you have shown in the op.

really cool. but why "zero point" as the title?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Is mana the same as prana? Right now, I'd probably answer yes to all your questions. Where would that leave us?

It leaves us with some cross-cultural currency. Happy Solstice!

edit on 20-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Logic cannot create infinities...

I missed this part... You'd have to convince logicians that the infinite Fibonacci word isn't ultimately infinite. Good luck with that. It will never happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

... but why "zero point" as the title?

Well... everything have to start somewhere!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

yours is the sixth time in a row (this week) that I have typed out a thoughtful response, only to be met with a failure to engage conversation.

as of tonight I return to ATS lurker mode.

have fun talking to yourselves, everyone!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join