It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Stands Guard At Daughters School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguul
Arm the teachers, I don't agree with this at all. Just wait, people will be begging for the army to guard malls schools etc. Posse Commitatus anyone? Very subtle psy-op.

I agree with you. Picture this: The teacher goes to a thumbprint lockbox, takes out a weapon, and says "get behind me kids there is a gunman in the building and if he comes through that door I will protect you."

That sounds so much better than "let's huddle together and hope one of us survives."

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

In response to the actions of the marine doing this and reaction to it I would just like to say:

1. Who was it that said a few years ago that TPTB would have people crying out to have troops protect them? From what? TPTB or themselves?

2. D.I.Y security in response to the authorities' and the private sector's utter inability and incapability of providing adequate security and protection to even little children while attending school! Complete meltdown of trust in everything.

Who ever did the shooting is a terrorist. They successfully created impact all the way to the top.

How did I react to the shooting? I didn't! I did not even shed a tear because I am not pandering to this event. The person/people who do these acts want to wrench and # with my emotions. I will not let them.

That is the best way I can protect future children and victims personally I guess. Nothing else I can really do!
edit on 20-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
Though I imagine some jackwagon will be along shortly to berate him for wearing the uniform.

The jackwagon has arrived!

He really ought not be wearing the uniform doing this. He wants to be out there, great! In street clothing. At least make it a virgin uniform and not a regulation one.

I see a lot of guys doing things these days in uniform for which I'd have gotten my ass handed to me or some sort of NJP, so maybe it's changed, but he ought not do that. We had a 45 minute count from the gate to the house. If you couldn't get your business done in that gap, you went home, civvied up, and then did your stuff. It gave you time to get groceries, pick up the kids or something, but not to go out and just cruise around.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw this on my local news, living in TN, and thought that schools would be much safer with non-employed trained militants. Why not have a couple of our city's finest guarding every school. Even at 2 to 3 per school per county, each county should be able to take care of the schools, and still the streets.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I gave you a star, because a lot of people may think that you are being cruel and uncaring. However, they probably don't see the big picture of an agenda at play. That's why this is all about the kids; to manipulate, and feed off of our emotions. They know how we tick.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wonder how long it'll be until he gets arrested for assaulting someone completely innocent?

The fear that grips Americans right now fuels such madness.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

This is exactly what I meant here

It was always stressed to us not to wear cammies in public. Even in 29 Palms, where Marines outnumber civilians, we wouldn't ever wear utilities off base.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Good on the devil dog for doing what he can to make the kids feel better. I agree. Give this man a shotgun and put one just like him at the door of every school in the country. It would be a fantastic bridge back to civilian life for our recently-discharged soldiers, *and* provide them with a job.

Though I imagine some jackwagon will be along shortly to berate him for wearing the uniform.

And once we get used to armed para-military people at our schools, why not at the mall and our places of work? How about hummers and Stryker patrols in our neighborhoods too?

This sets a dangerous precident in the minds of our young. I understand why he's doing it -- and I think it's a nice guesture. I don't think we need to have armed military-style people in our daily civilian lives. This is a slippery slope.

I understand people are scared, but the likleyhood of something like this happening again is very low. Americans have become so soft and easily scarable it's shamefull. We've survived much worse and come out swinging.

If we let the fear of this incident get the better of ourselves, we'll be repeating the post-9/11 hysteria all over again. Look at what that hysteria got us -- the TSA, the DHS and two (2) 10+ year wars.

This was an isolated, tragic event -- but it's not part of some alarming new trend in America. We need to step back, breathe and take everything into perspective.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

The jackwagon has arrived!

He really ought not be wearing the uniform doing this. He wants to be out there, great! In street clothing. At least make it a virgin uniform and not a regulation one.

I see a lot of guys doing things these days in uniform for which I'd have gotten my ass handed to me or some sort of NJP, so maybe it's changed, but he ought not do that. We had a 45 minute count from the gate to the house. If you couldn't get your business done in that gap, you went home, civvied up, and then did your stuff. It gave you time to get groceries, pick up the kids or something, but not to go out and just cruise around.

Around here I see uniformed people at the mall, grocery store, movie theatre...

Maybe it has become more relaxed, especially since everyone fawns all over them here.
edit on 20-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Even if he isn't armed and has no official position...

To his daughter he is the beacon of trust and protection she so desperately needs. And that's all that matters.

Peace

This is exactly the point, and it was clearly obvious in the OP. How come so many people missed that?

Feeling safe is extremely important for children. The odds someone shoots up that school are extremely slim, armed guard, unarmed guard, or no guard, but the odds that his daughter and other kids at the school who may be fearing what could happen feel safer because of what he's doing? 100%. Even if he just does it for a little while, it will likely have a long-lasting impact, and I would venture to say that if we could view a timeline where he didn't do this alongside one where he did, a lot of these kids will end up having better lives as a result of that feeling of comfort and security he blessed them with.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by torque

yep, I just read it again and he has been standing there since MONDAY!

Get a job Freeloader. Taxes...welfare....blah blah blah......deficit.....government spending....yadda yadda yadda.

That is sarcasm by the way.
edit on 12/20/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I don't understand why this story is being seen as a good thing. If this guy feels the need to stand outside his daughter's school to protect her that's great ,but why does his daughter have fears about a shooting that happened 1000 miles away in the first place. Did he tell his daughter that a man shot a group of women and children or did she turn on the tv and tune into the fear mongering networks. I don't see how something like this can have a positive outcome for a child that is so young. It is too difficult for a child at that age to understand how or why something like this has happened so what is the reason for involving children that weren't directly affected.
I think it's irresponsible and negligent to allow the MSM to portray this story as a super dad with his child's best interest in mind. I'm not saying he doesn't care for his daughter, I'm saying his daughter should be worried about her school activities and not some psychopath on a killing spree.
Anyway, I have a daughter that isn't allowed to watch the fear mongering network and she won't be hearing this type of bedtime story from me.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by sonnny1

Now if he was standing there with his m16 and a sidearm I might have second thoughts about it.

And then you'd have a third thought of, "there's a gun on school premise." Then a 4th thought, 5th, etc.

But yeah, gotta give the guy his props. (ooooo pun lol)
edit on 12-20-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
S&F - the guy is simply being a dad - a good dad.

Whatever the whys and wherefores, he wants to protect his kid which cannot be a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Good to see people taking repsonsibility into their own hands. mabye a few men in the community can do they same alternating with this man. They can do so on their days off.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

IF he care so much about her daughter he should take her out of what we call American crappy school system and home school her .

The most danger her daughter is facing right now is the mediocre education she is getting this days in our nation.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This brings me back to my days in the ROTC in high school, course it was Army not Navy/Marine but they still use to visit. Had one volunteer to train the rifle squad one year but they took the rifles the next. When I graduated all they could do was twirl them around like batons and the whole program lost alot of respect.
edit on 20-12-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a great action taken by the former marine. But I can't help to think; Is this what America has become? That it's so unsafe for kids in primary school that they need marines to make them feel safe at school?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
I don't understand why this story is being seen as a good thing. If this guy feels the need to stand outside his daughter's school to protect her that's great ,but why does his daughter have fears about a shooting that happened 1000 miles away in the first place. Did he tell his daughter that a man shot a group of women and children or did she turn on the tv and tune into the fear mongering networks. I don't see how something like this can have a positive outcome for a child that is so young. It is too difficult for a child at that age to understand how or why something like this has happened so what is the reason for involving children that weren't directly affected.
I think it's irresponsible and negligent to allow the MSM to portray this story as a super dad with his child's best interest in mind. I'm not saying he doesn't care for his daughter, I'm saying his daughter should be worried about her school activities and not some psychopath on a killing spree.
Anyway, I have a daughter that isn't allowed to watch the fear mongering network and she won't be hearing this type of bedtime story from me.

Actually my daughter in Jersey had a call Sunday from their schools principal. He told her that if she hadnt spokent to the kids about this yet, she would want to say something before school Monday because teachers had all been instructed that if ANY child mentioned it in class, or asked if they were safe, a discussion would be opened until fears were dealt with. And children were talking about it so it was a good thing she had spoken with them some although she didnt go into details she didnt feel they needed to know. So this may very well have been the same type of thing with this school and this child. Doesnt mean she was allowed to watch MSM because I assure you my grandchildren weren't. Could of been a discussion quite like my daughter had to have with her kids. Sad, but very true. ANd it killed me to hear my grandson then realized WHY they practice the lock down drills and cried that he didnt feel his hiding place was very good.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is an interesting update to the story. Apparently he has been lying about his past in the Marines and what he did for the marines.

It turns out Craig Pusley isn’t in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, he didn’t serve overseas as he told CBS13 on Wednesday and he was discharged after less than a year with the second-lowest ranking in the Marines, private first class (E-2).

Just want to throw that into the mix. What do you guys make of him lying about his past? Knowing the truth, is it any more or less appropriate for him to be hanging out in front of a school, "standing guard"?

sacramento.cbslocal.com...
edit on 20-12-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join