It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Stands Guard At Daughters School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is really ridiculous... in a sad kind of way.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

How are unarmed parents standing in front of a school any sort of deterrent in any way?

Hes in uniform.

Does a coward want to risk the chance he DOES have a weapon?

Originally posted by GermanShep
It is nice of this guy and all but accomplishes nothing.

Wrong.

He made his Daughter feel safe. He accomplished EVERYTHING.
edit on 20-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Active duty or otherwise, this bloke deserves a Medal of Honour.

Righteousness - truly the face of the American Military.

This man, THIS MAN, is a Legend!

this thread should be front page to illustrate the moral fibre of the typical American citizen. He is standing there unarmed abiding by the law to protect his child and others...

How much media coverage is this story getting? Probably not much, why? Because it does not support the agenda that Americans are gun ho crazy.

I wish I could star this thread 50 times and it has restored my faith in humanity...and for the first time since the shooting, I feel a sense of hope.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I dont think he's looking for attention or enjoying it. He saw his child in distress and found a solution that he could execute on his own to help her. If trouble comes, his presence may indeed be deterrent enough. If not, then his shooting might give enough warning to everyone there for them to take action. If he see it soon enough he can call the cops and get help enroute sooner. No matter how it plays out, this parent saw a problem and moved to fix it. I just dont see anything negative about this. Good for him!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by torque

yep, I just read it again and he has been standing there since MONDAY!

Pritchard told Nashville's News 2 he dusted off his Marine Corps uniform and has been standing guard in front of the school since Monday.

"This uniform represents more than who I am as a person. Me being out here may just be enough to stop somebody, some misguided, mislead person from doing something crazy. That was my goal and to ease my daughter's mind," he said.

Standing guard at the school has not only eased his daughter's mind it has also been very reassuring to other parents.
source aboven

Date of news story... 20th of December.

Why the hell wasn't this media story pushed out sooner?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Why the hell wasn't this media story pushed out sooner?

Yellow Journalism.

Agenda.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
yep, starting to think your right! :

WTF is going on?
just added it to my fb posting direct link cos it wouldn't let me share it.

edit on 20/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: format

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Not shocking at all.............

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A former Marine and father of two decided to help ease his daughter's fears after the tragic school shooting in Connecticut late last week by standing guard outside her west Nashville school.

www.wkrn.com...

Mad respect here! He's even in uniform!

Hope word gets out to others, or maybe it already has but this was the first one to be reported because it's only been a few days? I hope police and school officials do not intervene, but you know they will with the politics of it all.

edit on 19-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

What if......... They wanted the military to take a more active role in domestic issues. How could you do that and have the people begging for it?

How many freedoms are you willing to give up for security and peace of mind? I think this will be the big ? going forward.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

ok I get your point. But he is ex Marine, a civi now. I don't think this is about giving up that kind of freedom, the agenda seems to be more about giving up the freedom of the right to bear arms.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Some random guy with weapons training and probably PTSD takes it upon himself to stand outside a school, and you think that's safe?

Think about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Guys has kids,

I totally understand this, i have children, a son and a daughter, if my kids were to scared to go to school without me being there to protect them and i could be there, i would. no matter what the weather no matter what other peoples opinions are, it must be a terrifying time for kids at the moment.

the fact he is an ex marine and is willing to show not just for his children but everyones that he is there as a protector is a truley valiant thing to do. i live in the UK or police do not carry weapons (in almost all cases) but them being there, in uniform brings a sense (again in almost all cases) of protection and calm to a situation.

unless your an awesome shot, are you going to risk injuring and thus get the adrenaline pumping in a man who is most likely trained in hand to hand combat when you are the type of coward that shoots up a school full of kids? i doubt it very much.

This man is the type of person the world needs at the moment

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Definitely a great thing for your child. He was doing a duty for the peace of mind of his own child. I am sure he asked the schools permission else he would not have been able to stand there all day. However, one of the parents comments got my attention:

"Just to know that symbolic uniform that represents protection is here at Gower [Elementary] is just heart warming. It's peaceful, it brought a tear to my eye yesterday," parent Lucy Hipp said.

I really do not agree with this, outside of the uniform being symbolic. If this was the mindset of the majority, we would be in a time of "martial law". Allowing military presence into our lives means we have big problems. Again, I am not dismissing the actions of this guy, I am just not agreeing with this specific parent quote.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
US marine used his intuition to deploy himself on US soil to protect against US citzens high on US pharmaceuticals brainwashed and reprogrammed by US tv to commit mass murders on US children in order to Tear up the US constitution in preperation for and aiming to disarm US patriots in preperation for a Communist Takeover of the entire planet.

Hmmmm

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

well even a hint of retaliation will make the prep move on to a real [SOFT TARGET]

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

What about dressing up as Ronald McDonald and standing in front of the school?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
bottom line. he is a father and is doing something positive! is he taking chances ? probably ....but it is his love for family and friends that drives him!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well two of the most important people in my life are marines my father and my brother my brother is still a young man I can honestly say that even though pop is getting older and slower he still doesn't know what quit means

Two things marines don't have the ability to quit or Reverse lol

That being said I'd rather fight an armed idiot than an unarmed Marine and I've done a # load of fighting and training myself

I say this guy is a great example of a father and a citizen

edit on 12/20/2012 by geocom because: Add comment

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
To the nut-on-the-edge, this guy is the dare that nut's dreamed of.

Here's hoping he makes peanut butter.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Well, even if an armed madman did kill this marine before carrying out an attack on a school, perhaps the sound of gunfire would provide a warning & the school could lockdown sooner & possibly save lives.

Much respect for this man!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join