It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Stands Guard At Daughters School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Some random guy with weapons training and probably PTSD takes it upon himself to stand outside a school, and you think that's safe?

Think about it.

No. Not even close. Some little boy or girls daddy, with empathy for their fear and an ache in his heart and desire to make them feel safe, takes it upon himself to stand outside that school their entire day....and they know daddy is right there, nearby. I say kudos to him. Job well done.

ETA: In fact, I think I need to reread the article and see if they say what school he's at, send him lunch, a hot thermos of coffee or something as one of my 26 random acts of kindness I'm working on. This guy deserves nothing less.
edit on 20-12-2012 by JustLu because: (no reason given)

YAY!! A Couple of lunches and hot coffee on the way to him and his buddy. Local cafe says its raining so I'm sure they'll appreciate that.

Well something told me to call the school and I'm glad I did, out for winter break lol. Guess lunch will be postponed. Better call the cafe quickly lol.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
To everyone playing devils advocate, your wasting your time. This burns like alcohol on a cut for the negative people out there. Its a spark like this that wakes good people up to the fact that happiness and safety is possible if we come together and act like responsible human beings out of love.

Its OK to stand up for what you love and believe in. You don't need to call the police or your state representative and hope they listen. There are situations in life where you can take a stand and do good. A story like this is cold water in the face of people who are living in fear and don't know what to do. Its easy, all you need to do is have some dignity and honor and act out of love, not hate or greed.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
he should at least have a side arm and maybe a vest he's a sitting duck

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Not so sure what to make of this, to be honest.

I totally applaud him on the one hand. He is visibly making a difference to the safety fears of his own daughter and possibly the fears of other students also. Equally, this means he is a visible deterrent.

On the other hand, it doesn't look good if that is the level things have descended to - individuals having to guard a school. So i am kind of split 50/50 on this.

I have to say too, the uncharitable part of me is asking why he isn't at work! (morning spent dealing with layabouts who want everything for nothing).

Still, a star for sharing this as it is interesting.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Without a weapon (gun), if something were to happen he would just be an addition to the body count.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
in toadys stockton record newspaper, out here in california, they have an article with a photo about another marine standing guard when the kids are arriving to school and when the school lets out...it's in a hughson elementary school, a small town about 25 milles south-south-east of stockton. he's unarmed, in a uniform, and a volunteer.
edit on 20-12-2012 by jimmyx because: addtion

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackreign2012
Without a weapon (gun), if something were to happen he would just be an addition to the body count.

these are not mall cops, marines come with an entire array of different skill sets, the training they recieve is heavy on threat recognition, situational analysis, effective response actions.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

What about dressing up as Ronald McDonald and standing in front of the school?

Yea, I'd be keeping my son home!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
LOL

Well this is just utter stupidity at its finest,

You have all the US members on here saying what an utter legend this guy is for doing this... while in other threads arguing to keep there precious guns, ?

Really!!! this is what it has come to? just to keep your guns you'd ask that ex marines guard your children at school? because that's where you are headed, sooner or later your nursery's, schools, collages & university will be higher security then Prisons/Jail & Military bases, it reminds me of a love affair that doesn't work, it will end in tears the longer you fail to leave your precious killing machines,

Well done to that marine tho, if the government/police nore the public can look after your children while there at school ...do it your self ehh

You guys have no brains at all lol

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Though I imagine some jackwagon will be along shortly to berate him for wearing the uniform.

Well, we aren't supposed to wear utilities in public, active duty or otherwise, because

A. The public doesn't want to see uniformed marines standing guard everywhere.
B. It makes you as a marine too much of a target.
C. Utilities are not authorized for wear in public.

That's what they always preached to us anyway. Even if you have to stop to get gas on the way home, if you're in utilities, you get the gas and get back in your car as quick as you can.

I know the other branches are a bit more relaxed about wearing cammies, there's a bunch soldiers who come to class at my community college in utilities all the time. But a marine ought to know better.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I don't recall reading in this thread where people are calling for ex marines to stand guard at their school, People are simply applauding a man for making his daughter feel safe and secure at HER school, Maybe you should obtain some reading comprehension skills before making blanket statements about having no brain.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
S+F

Nice...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Noble effort but we dont need to start the precedent of having a uniformed military presence at our public schools on or off duty.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

really when has a nut on the edge taken on a hard target???? or the threat of a retalitory shot ???

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
to bad he isnt armed, not sure what he will accomplish if someone with guns rolls up

Hes a deterrent. Hes helping his daughter, and any other Parent or child who fears insanity. I am 100% sure the school is on board with this. I think this is Awesome!

S&F

How are unarmed parents standing in front of a school any sort of deterrent in any way? And obviously any shooter will know they are unarmed because it is a "gun free" zone. It is nice of this guy and all but accomplishes nothing.

Gs
edit on 19-12-2012 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by GermanShep because: add

Body armor and a legal blade would be better.
Honestly I think the cops would overlook a concealed pistol if he had 1.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I hope he kills you, or whoever "rolls up," when/if you miss him with your shot. If you do hit him, it better be a kill shot because he may still get to you.

Anyone with the intent that you speak of deserves death, prefferably at the hands of a defending parent so we can all live vicariously through the lucky parent that got to get their hands on a proven child killer.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Noble effort but we dont need to start the precedent of having a uniformed military presence at our public schools on or off duty.

Yea, I see what you are saying. The kids might see them there and want to grow up to be honorable men instead of rappers and ganstas.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Arm the teachers, I don't agree with this at all. Just wait, people will be begging for the army to guard malls schools etc. Posse Commitatus anyone? Very subtle psy-op.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28
reply to post by chasingbrahman

really when has a nut on the edge taken on a hard target???? or the threat of a retalitory shot ???

They don't. Most of the time they are cowards looking for a way to feel powerful. Hards targets would make make them feel less powerful and in less control.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

What about dressing up as Ronald McDonald and standing in front of the school?

Youd be arrested as a child predator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join